• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Klyka

Banned
You guys must play in some really weird regions on some really weird platforms if you experience team killing so much.
It just doesn't happen for me and my friends,which I am happy about.

Awesome.
Recently a round started and we were on defense and I just immediately hear gunfire. I just start running while taking hits. I barely escaped with my life.
The rest of the round I was hiding from my OWN teammate.

lol

You guys must play in some really weird regions on some really weird platforms if you experience team killing so much.

Honestly, it really doesn't happen to me that much, either.

How good are ps4 gaf players? I'm part of the group but a bit hesitant to play as I'm worried about being dogshit basically.

Dude, just throw your hat in the ring! Some are great, some are not. Don't worry about it. Most are awesome people.

Sometimes I do really well and sometimes I'm a dumpster fire. No worries.

Side note, my GAF team got smoked twice in ranked yesterday. No mas for me. Alpine am cry.

So, PC GAF--how's the patch?

Also, Ubi implied that Tachanka is due for a buff, but not until after the current ESL season is over:

So I have 1 question for Ubisoft: does Tachanka performs as you intended?
Thank you for bringing this up. No, he does not. We have to be careful about making sweeping changes to all Operators at once. Doing so in the middle of a professional season can have detrimental results. Therefore, we are making balancing adjustments over the next few updates. There are more changes coming in Update 3.0.

So, SMG-11 has more horizontal recoil variance now.

Before and after.

Darn, I want those balance patches nowwww.

I think they intend to change Doc too, though not sure how/why. Maybe he'll be able to heal? It'd be nice IMO. Healing over time should be a thing, without the need to make a new operator for it.

I know the reddit community is more insistent on a Kapkan buff, though you guys seem against it.

I'd like to also see changes to C4. I want to be encouraged to place C4 on walls, instead of having them act like short range grenades. It'd be nice if they made C4 not have that obvious beeping sound.

This would in turn make Thatcher spread out his EMPs and make I.Q more useful. I.Q should clearly identity electronics and map them for her whole team.

I will never know what to do with Tachanka. Speed up his turret entrance/exit/placement, make much more room for him to place his turret, and perhaps give him small shields on his sides so that he can only be headshotted directly or from behind maybe.

Not sure what to say about the SMG-11. I feel like guns like that should not insta headshot kill. I'd have been much happier keeping the old recoil and making it need 2 headshots for a kill, but I know a lot of people are against the headshot changes in this game.

I think what masquerades the idea of a pistol headshotting you instantly from across the map is simply that it's really hard to do. But with the ACOG, the SMG-11 becomes incredibly useful for a sidearm, making it competitive against any other primary.

I got on last night to try and get the trophy for completing a terrorist hunt on Realistic.....

We got to 3 enemies left on classic and failed. So close yet so far.

MattDoza

Is there a community created for PS4? If so, it'd be nice to join that community. Running with randoms can be a total crap shoot. My ID is the same as my username.

Adding some slight sway/movement when peaking while moving would be a good way. They could balance it by making the less magnified/smaller sights have less movement, while its amplified with ACOGs.

I don't mean sway like traditional FPS sniper sway, but rather, a slight disalignment of the sight when movement occurs. Hard to describe what I'm thinking...

Right now you can basically "hover" (in terms of sight movement or lack thereof) whiled peeked across the entire map with zero to little accuracy penalty.

Squad does it reasonably well
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-KJ41TqPg0&t=3m19s

patchday

maybe they play 10 hrs daily. that would increase the chance they come across griefers

I've seen one TKer on my team since I started last week. But I dont play a whole ton

Rocketz

Finally played some terrorist hunt tonight. Thank you for letting me disable vsync on console. Going from 60 to 30fps sucks. I'll gladly take the tearing for better framerate.

Buraindo

It's still pretty powerful, had a good few kills with it post patch. I do find it funny that this gets an ACOG but the UMP 45 doesn't. Hope they patch that in alongside some more options in general.

Oh didn't know about this. Thanks.

joecanada

This is happening to you on PS4?
I have actually never been kicked from any game outside of the first day I got the title and found out the hard way that Team Killing was possible.

just last night I was with a team of punks who stated flatly that they were killing the two of us not in their party. I figured they might be kidding so just ran at the start, well yep they started shooting us and long story short we killed them all LOL, so they just voted us out. People do this or shoot your gadgets, etc, pretty commonly on ps4. maybe once a night.

I have a question, first time posting in here:

Does anyone have any tips for planting defuser? My specific question is that several times now I have planted with the defuser in plain sight but say in a doorway and the enemy team was able to defuse it while I stared right at it. I had to watch the replay to believe it.... is there any sound to them pounding on it? Doesn't seem to be.... Also how much visibility do you need? Last night I was 1vs 5 and managed to plant and kill 2 of them, it was in a doorway and I was looking right in the doorway, I could see the whole defuser, but somehow past the door I couldn't see the guy (he may have been off to the side) pounding it. Like I should have seen his gun hitting it but nothing. If anyone has any video of someone camping a defuse that would be great.

Edit - bonus question if anyone is interested - how the hell do you defend house? Like I can't even fathom the defending team winning there except with a real bad team... I've played quite a lot.

Best

What's the best way to get better other than just getting destroyed until you get better. Seems like this game is 90% map knowledge, and they are so dense and complex it'll take a while to catch up to the general population.

So far I've just been playing solo in casual games (i'm level 7). I'm guessing its best to find a group to play with as mics are rarely used (goddam party chat).

Stat!

just last night I was with a team of punks who stated flatly that they were killing the two of us not in their party. I figured they might be kidding so just ran at the start, well yep they started shooting us and long story short we killed them all LOL, so they just voted us out. People do this or shoot your gadgets, etc, pretty commonly on ps4. maybe once a night.

I have a question, first time posting in here:

Does anyone have any tips for planting defuser? My specific question is that several times now I have planted with the defuser in plain sight but say in a doorway and the enemy team was able to defuse it while I stared right at it. I had to watch the replay to believe it.... is there any sound to them pounding on it? Doesn't seem to be.... Also how much visibility do you need? Last night I was 1vs 5 and managed to plant and kill 2 of them, it was in a doorway and I was looking right in the doorway, I could see the whole defuser, but somehow past the door I couldn't see the guy (he may have been off to the side) pounding it. Like I should have seen his gun hitting it but nothing. If anyone has any video of someone camping a defuse that would be great.

Edit - bonus question if anyone is interested - how the hell do you defend house? Like I can't even fathom the defending team winning there except with a real bad team... I've played quite a lot.

Team killing occurs in like 50% of the games we play on ps4.

Tips for planting defuser: I like planting by the window so we can rappel upside down and watch it from outside the window but sometimes you can get it pretty far away so watch for defenders trying to stop you. Which brings me to the next point, plant it at the edge of the site, not in the middle of the room.

Tips for defending house: Depends where you're talking about. Upstairs: I think Kids room is the toughest to defend but overall, its about spreading out. Calling out. Trying to get reads by making them uncomfortable whether its sneaking out of the gym to rappelers on the side or flanking them.

Downstairs: Bathroom and office are good places to look out of for garage attackers. Again, staying patient and not engaging until they are inside is key.

Pool room is the easiest to defend as you can go out the front door/basement for attackers who are rappelling.

If you guys want to watch extremely high quality PC gameplay right now, watch the official witch stream

https://www.twitch.tv/rainbow6

Absolutely amazing games and especially console players will see how the game is played by pro PC players and how different it is

I watched a few rounds. Nothing stood out from me other than the lean and other than the teamwork they were displaying. Maybe Im missing something but looked basically the same as console minus the lean not aiming down sights.

What's the best way to get better other than just getting destroyed until you get better. Seems like this game is 90% map knowledge, and they are so dense and complex it'll take a while to catch up to the general population.

So far I've just been playing solo in casual games (i'm level 7). I'm guessing its best to find a group to play with as mics are rarely used (goddam party chat).

Unlock an operator that is right for you. Go from there. That being said, communication is superkey in this game. For me, I was awful until about level 20 before it clicked. Now, I would say Im pretty good. Also, stick with teammates even if you can't chat. Better to stick together than not.

I just played some Situations for the first time.
That stuff is way more fun than I thought it would be.
I'd be fine if the game's "campaign" was just those Situations, with some dynamic objectives and support for co-op.

At the end of the day if we did get a classic AAA campaign it would just be those situations strung together with a lot more cut-scenes and dialogue and slow walking segments and collecting audio log intel and maybe an explosive sequence where you have to sprint to the roof of some burning building and jump to a waiting helicopter before the terrorist nuke explodes. Maybe some QTE driven end-boss segment out of nowhere ;p

Yeah, I'm fine with situations. But its a bummer you can't do them in co-op, and its a bummer they don't add more of them as they add new operators.

I've put a little bit of time into this game and I'm really enjoying it. I find myself feeling legitimately anxious playing online with other players. It's a bit overwhelming. Especially when defending. It feels like you're locking yourself in a room with very limited outside vision. Having to rely on environmental sounds while you're being methodically stalked by an unseen enemy force is fucking scary.

I added my name to the spreadsheet in the OP, but I'm wondering if anyone actively visiting this thread has a faster way to get in touch with some Gafers on PS4 (Fractology is my PS4 username). It would feel great to have a semi regular set of people to play with using a microphone.

Also, I could get my fill just playing Terrorist Hunt missions by myself. It feels like a fun puzzle to get through. For anyone that remains on the fence with this, if you find a copy for $30 or under, it's well worth it. The content problem doesn't feel like a deal breaker at that value.

I've put a little bit of time into this game and I'm really enjoying it. I find myself feeling legitimately anxious playing online with other players. It's a bit overwhelming. Especially when defending. It feels like you're locking yourself in a room with very limited outside vision. Having to rely on environmental sounds while you're being methodically stalked by an unseen enemy force is fucking scary.

I added my name to the spreadsheet in the OP, but I'm wondering if anyone actively visiting this thread has a faster way to get in touch with some Gafers on PS4 (Fractology is my PS4 username). It would feel great to have a semi regular set of people to play with using a microphone.

Also, I could get my fill just playing Terrorist Hunt missions by myself. It feels like a fun puzzle to get through. For anyone that remains on the fence with this, if you find a copy for $30 or under, it's well worth it. The content problem doesn't feel like a deal breaker at that value.

I'll add you to the group.

Out of the 7 games I played in a row, only 1 was legitimately fair. This was 2 days ago.

Everything else?

Teamkillers on both teams. Quitters. Kickers.

That's 1/7 games that played without bullshit. Unacceptable, and a sorry state for ranked.

Severely punishing team killers would be a great start, but Im more annoyed by people who teamkill with a party and dont get kicked

In one game, a guy disconnected. Then he rejoined, watched our round end, spawned in, and teamkilled us all and left. Absolutely uncalled for, but he wont ever get punished for it outside a lame 8 minute ban. Guys like that deserve bans for weeks.

It's hard to distinguish a real team killer from accidental ones, but there should be some way to track and report patterns like this.

In another game, a castle asshole was barracading our immediate exits on plane. Naturally, frost wants out to set up traps. Castle keeps barrocading. So on the 2nd time, castle kills frost. I get fed up and kill castle because i dont want him in the game. Turns out castle has 2 friends in the team, so i get kicked instead of him. Hurray.

The other 4-5 games had quitters, rogue teamkillers, and afk players.

That's the kind of shitty community that exists on PS4 ranked

joecanada

I'd say don't try to do too much. Find a couple good hiding spots on defence and stick to them for a bit... Like if you are in a corner, figure out where you will go if you are compromised... watch for windows and trap doors in roof, those are the worst for you... try a solid wall or poke a couple of small murder holes to watch a hall or adjacent room.

on offense, even though most of your team will rush in practice using your drone to plot your path, even up to the room they may be in... sometimes you can be a floor above but a lurker will be waiting so clear all corners or ideally use your drone. and use the weak points I mentioned from defense. If there are windows, poke them out or shoot them out. This will attract attention so try poking several and go back and forth. look for murder holes and throw grenades or shoot them. use trapdoors in ceilings if you can because the enemy will usually have their feet exposed meaning they cant shoot back (if you are looking down on an angle).... but scan for lurkers and always be aware they may try to rush upstairs too. Also on offense which I find much easier if you poke windows out back way up if they are at ground level and use your superior offence operators scope.

it really is a thinking game, for instance I do better with an actual plan. One time on Kafe I was 1 vs. 5 which always brings out the GREED, use this. what I did was (and I thought of this before hand) was set my thermite charge on a reinforced trapdoor. I assumed this would bring them all upstairs to me, so I then rapelled right out a different window facing the only door. I then blew the trapdoor and threw a grenade down it for good measure. Guess how many of them rushed straight through the door? 4 and I killed them all within 3 seconds as they didn't see me in the window... I then carefully sent my drone down the trapdoor and there was tachanka sitting on his turret facing the trapdoor. snuck over and shot his leg. Done. This is a much better result than many of my games I assure you, but plans like this can be pre-conceived and executed.

Vorheez

Yeah I feel you TimeEffect, shit is just getting sad. I had a long ass 14 hour day on Tuesday and all I wanted to do was come home and wind down with some Siege. Well, first match I boot up, I excitedly rip my little drone around and as soon as I switch to sledge, a teammate whips around, shoots two of us, and leaves.

Then comes back two rounds later and does it again. Fucker. Is it wrong that I want to beat them?

Yeah I feel you TimeEffect, shit is just getting sad. I had a long ass 14 hour day on Tuesday and all I wanted to do was come home and wind down with some Siege. Well, first match I boot up, I excitedly rip my little drone around and as soon as I switch to sledge, a teammate whips around, shoots two of us, and leaves.

Then comes back two rounds later and does it again. Fucker. Is it wrong that I want to beat them?

Lol. I wish Ubisoft could ban them forever.

patchday

Weird there is no built-in system to detect repeated Team killers and boot (ban)

I don't see TKers myself though so far (PS4). only once and I play every other day

Our group doesn't get many teamkillers since we usaualy play as a team of 4 minimum but we had one particular shithead tonight. We're a group of 4 and the 5th guy was a random. He seemed fine in the first two games we played but in the third round one of our team was down and looking to be revived so one of us went over to revive and this cunt just decided to shoot the person doing the reviving instead. Then he went over and started teabagging them both on the floor as they bled out. After that he dropped a grenade and finished them both off before returning for some more teabagging on top of the corpses.

Instantly voted to be kicked by all of us, of course. Why even play the game if you're going to carry on like that. This game has some absolutely poisonous shitbags in its community (on PS4 at least).

patchday

That's awesome you guys vote-kicked him off. I need to find that vote kick option in the menus for the fateful day I will need it

I just don't understand why some people find more entertainment in team killing and the immediately leaving than actually playing the game.

Anyway, I have a question for you guys and would really appreciate some advice:

Is Siege's spectator mode fleshed out enough to facilitate filming a machinima video in?

I'm talking free-cam ability, specifically on PC? If not, are there any console commands to achieve anything like this? I'm not able to check this stuff myself right now.

Thanks guys, appreciate it.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Our group doesn't get many teamkillers since we usaualy play as a team of 4 minimum but we had one particular shithead tonight. We're a group of 4 and the 5th guy was a random. He seemed fine in the first two games we played but in the third round one of our team was down and looking to be revived so one of us went over to revive and this cunt just decided to shoot the person doing the reviving instead. Then he went over and started teabagging them both on the floor as they bled out. After that he dropped a grenade and finished them both off before returning for some more teabagging on top of the corpses.

Instantly voted to be kicked by all of us, of course. Why even play the game if you're going to carry on like that. This game has some absolutely poisonous shitbags in its community (on PS4 at least).
They make highlight vids and post them on youtube. It's an actual thing. Ubi should honestly know about this trend, and aggressively ban it, as people are profiting from trolling their community. It is against TOS, yet they allow it.

joecanada

At the very least though there is a vote kick option ,although I find it used way too little... as to the why I don't even know the joy people must get out of it, but I generally assume now that they are a group of little punks just trying to get off on people's rage and don't forget there is a trolling channel on every other youtube chanel now too... I generally assume it is one of these two so I either calmly kill them (like I watched a guy shoot all my jammers and I just blasted his head off) or I vote kick them. sometimes teammates are kind of dumb and vote you off instead but whatever.

emptyroom

Neo Member
Haven't seen much tking on PC, still playing casual though, I would hope it would be even rarer on ranked.

Not gonna lie it was kinda funny the first time I experienced it, standing there with my team and at the start of the match and then

5 vs 4
5 vs 3
5 vs 2
5 vs 1

Could someone add me to the list as well? Pretty new at the game still so Im looking for pointers, especially on defense. I just feel totally lost on what I should really be doing to help my team win except for the obvious stuff.

PSN: DrGonzo615

Top Bottom