• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

chris121580

Interesting community on PS4 right now. Lots of mics, everyone looking for ad hoc squads... I'm swimming in friend requests. Kinda feel bad, as I usually ignore FR's by default, and lots of folks seem pretty decent to play with. Just too many at once, you get spammed with invites.

That's how you can tell you're in a tactical game, people reach out for like-minded squadmates.

The thirst is real.
Same experience for me on Xbox One. The last time this happened for me was Black Arrow. The game is absolutely phenomenal

GravyButt

Damn. Those few posts I keep reading saying dead in a month have me worried about an xb1 or ps4 purchase. Kind of having evolve flashbacks.

So which one, ps4 or xb1 :-D or check back at a later time haha

ship it

I gave in and got the PC version. Now I need people on uplay, so feel free to add me: thomcrancy.

I played some Vegas 1, but I think I'll suck at this for a while until I get used to how different it is.

edit: I wont have a mic right away but I'll be getting one this weekend. Also I sent some uplay invites to people!

Karak

Damn. Those few posts I keep reading saying dead in a month have me worried about an xb1 or ps4 purchase. Kind of having evolve flashbacks.

Well wait. 60 bucks is 60 regardless when it comes to your enjoyment. If you get a good amount and it dies...you still got that amount. Holding off for future possibly bad things happening is the same as just saying "fuck it I ain't leaving the house"

If you want to get it and think that 60 bucks will get you the same amount/time of enjoyment you would get form another title...no harm

aHbO5zh.gif

SURPRISE MOTHERFUCKA!

King_Moc

Banned
Got MVP in 2 games in a row using the Steam controller, i'm using that over kb/m now. So good.

Also, this game is bloody amazing.

vazel

Banned
It's more likely to be dead in a month.
Not even Evolve died that fast. I think this game will have a dedicated playerbase of good people for 2-3 years because this game had skill-based matchmaking at launch, unlike Evolve in which it was added in 6 months later but by then it was too late because all the good people abandoned the game by then.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
PC community is trash, at least where I'm at. Very few mics, and as you'd expect lots of Russians/French/Germans speaking their own language. Kinda wishing I'd got it on PS4 just for likely a better community.

Also got called a faggot and whatnot by one guy but surprisingly two other people actually shouted him down, sort of. Times change... glacially, but still!

Beaulieu

gameplay way more solid than evolved and more importantly, future content is free, community wont get splitted

PC community is trash, at least where I'm at. Very few mics, and as you'd expect lots of Russians/French/Germans speaking their own language. Kinda wishing I'd got it on PS4 just for likely a better community.

Also got called a faggot and whatnot by one guy but surprisingly two other people actually shouted him down, sort of. Times change... glacially, but still!

how dare they !

King_Moc

Banned

That's a shame. Everyone's been ok for me. Accidental team kills and a huge fuck up by me failing to realise the defuser was at the other bomb have been laughed off.

naeS

Same thing happen to me in the last game I was in.

I've been called every name under the sun because I'm not greater than level 20 two days after launch.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
What's with all the gold weapons everywhere, was that some kind of promotion?

To people saying it will be dead that's unlikely. It's has been ahead and last time I checked one place behind halo 5 on Xbox. I expect it to pick up as more people play and word of mouth picks up.

Shawsie64

Banned
Got MVP in 2 games in a row using the Steam controller, i'm using that over kb/m now. So good.

Also, this game is bloody amazing.

Don't tempt me to buy this game, the Steam controller in Lovely Planet completely sealed the deal for me with the controller and FPS games, so good.

low-G

Did anyone else luck out and catch this on Amazon for the price mistake ($36; digital PC) a while back? Not bad for the single player content.

^ lol

ANYWAY...just picked up the game on Steam. Seems pretty awesome so far. Any GAF groups or anything? I'll probably be in for the long haul on PC as I'm getting rid of both of my consoles.

I keep seeing the positive opinions here and the gameplay seems really solid...makes me want to pick up the PC version at some point (4690K, 290X, 16GB RAM so I have no worries on being able to handle it)

I suck at MP games though so if I do I'd try to just play with GAF members as much as possible

Top Bottom