• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

I'm a very price conscious gamer. I also hate to pay full price on games that are a little lacking in content.

But with some games I can understand why they are 60.

In the case of small team developers it sometimes comes down to sales.

In the case of battlefront I don't agree cause of the amount of maps but especially their price of dlc

In the case of siege I think the price is fair since content added next year is all free and the game is honestly a labor of love.

The development team made sure to stick to the game and made it working for launch.

The game is also just good and didn't try to go after the call of duty crowd. They stuck to a more hardcore and engaging formula

I can only highly recommend this game to you if you are on the fence. I played the beta quite a bit and the atmosphere of being in a house while you hug a door way and see terrorists moving up to the house from outside is a surreal experience.

My challenge to this community. Create a top end video to show the atmosphere. Keep your real voice chat in and show what makes this special. People love to see gifs and videos and I believe one of you would be able to make that and help people know this game is great. Would love to do it but I'm not good at video making

Moldiver

I'd love some sort of system to make make the power go out on some levels making it dark, real dark. Night vision, Walls exploding, smoke, tracer fire and explosions would be awesome.

Is the game worth it just for the Coop mode? I enjoyed Rogue Spear years ago. I am not really a PvP person..

Sort of wanting to know the same thing myself. I might get hooked on the pvp stuff, but more than likely I'd end up spending most of my time in Terrorist Hunt private matches, solo or with 1 teammate. (that's a thing in this game, right?)

Sort of wanting to know the same thing myself. I might get hooked on the pvp stuff, but more than likely I'd end up spending most of my time in Terrorist Hunt private matches, solo or with 1 teammate. (that's a thing in this game, right?)
Imo there isn't much reason in doing solo. Of you can but there shouldn't be a big reason not to search and find games as well

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
I really wish "allow friends to join your team" was open by default.

Sucks only being able to send invites rather than request an invite/auto join. Unless I'm missing something (PC).

McJb9iy.jpg

he's not, entirely, wrong. I have been playing r6 games since the first one on pc and absolutely loved raven shield and rogue spear. I actually enjoyed the beta for siege and played the full game at a friend's yesterday. It definitely feels like something is missing and I think it needs more maps and better modes. I will probably pick this up when they add to the game, if the community is still active. I also feel that the operators are pretty cheesy in this kind of game.

I like the objective modes but I really miss a last man standing and team deathmatch modes. I also miss symmetrical maps, although I like the maps they have, so far. I really wish they had something like City Street Large map. I also miss the crazy sniper battles that used to be on No Crossing/ No Xing servers. Those were a blast.
I really think this game will be worth it when they add more maps and modes but until they do, it isn't worth full price to me and I don't really want to support devs that release games that are clearly lacking in content.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
I dunno, it's a lot like Splatoon in design and execution content wise... Core gameplay is so solid, it's worth the price of admission if you're into what the experience offers

Nori Chan

Lol today in a hostage match Glaze sniped the hostage because our teammate was chilling right next to it and he must have seen the name and shot immediately.

This game can be hilarious sometimes

he's not, entirely, wrong. I have been playing r6 games since the first one on pc and absolutely loved raven shield and rogue spear. I actually enjoyed the beta for siege and played the full game at a friend's yesterday. It definitely feels like something is missing and I think it needs more maps and better modes. I will probably pick this up when they add to the game, if the community is still active. I also feel that the operators are pretty cheesy in this kind of game.

I like the objective modes but I really miss a last man standing and team deathmatch modes. I also miss symmetrical maps, although I like the maps they have, so far. I really wish they had something like City Street Large map. I also miss the crazy sniper battles that used to be on No Crossing/ No Xing servers. Those were a blast.
I really think this game will be worth it when they add more maps and modes but until they do, it isn't worth full price to me and I don't really want to support devs that release games that are clearly lacking in content.
This is why the maps are free and why you should support them. They aren't asking for you to pay later and the game will grow. If you can't support this is hope you aren't supporting each and bf.

free dlc + quality of the actual game = worth $60. besides, 11 maps is nothing to scoff of the r6s scale is nothing to scoff at

Soktos

Loving this game. Hope the servers are up soon (PC).

I also added a bunch of you. My Uplay is Soctos. Feel free to add me for some mic goodness.

Haines

Banned
OK starting a ps4 team in a few min everyone welcome strap a headset on and lets have some fun

HainesGTO add me take a piss and wait for invite

Or lemme know your psn and I'll add you

Lol today in a hostage match Glaze sniped the hostage because our teammate was chilling right next to it and he must have seen the name and shot immediately.

I was outside a room and two bad guys were in front of me and shooting through a doorway at two of my team mates in the room next to me. I felt like a real bad ass taking out the three guys and a 4th for my mates. Then they started shooting at me. It was accidental and kind of funny. Didn't have mic in at the time. Felt so betrayed after feelingije a hero. Lol

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
PS4 servers getting rough. Hopefully they sort it soon. Was great since lanch until just now.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Loving this game. Hope the servers are up soon (PC).

I also added a bunch of you. My Uplay is Soctos. Feel free to add me for some mic goodness.

Ah! Yeah, as soon as servers are back up - hopefully any minute now - I'll join up!

Jarrod38

From the few rounds I played had no issues at all. Got to play on the president plane and some hotel or mansion that had a train room. Liked those two maps and hope to try the other ones. Also when do you unlock custom games mode?

I was outside a room and two bad guys were in front of me and shooting through a doorway at two of my team mates in the room next to me. I felt like a real bad ass taking out the three guys and a 4th for my mates. Then they started shooting at me. It was accidental and kind of funny. Didn't have mic in at the time. Felt so betrayed after feelingije a hero. Lol

Did your teammates take off their tactical gear to reveal an nWo t-shirt?

dated wrestling reference...lol

I spent A LOT of time with Rogue Spear as my first Online MP Shooter that I got hardcore into and I can definitely relate to a lot of what you're saying.

City Street and Killhouse are R6 staples IMO and if they aren't included as DLC down the line I will be really damn dissappoined. Seeing as how other games have patched in New modes I don't see any reason for them not to add traditional TDM.

However, I can appriciate the changes made to the game modes to fit the Seige theme. The gunplay seems decent and it's still a tactical based squad shooter.

I'll pick it up tonight and hole out hope the game will grow a lot in the future.

This is why the maps are free and why you should support them. They aren't asking for you to pay later and the game will grow. If you can't support this is hope you aren't supporting each and bf.

I know, and that is why I said I will get it later if the community is still alive. I still feel like it is lackin and it should be more complete at launch. What did they spend so many years on? Definitely not maps, modes or graphics. I am not supporting Battlefront for aforementioned reasons but at least it looks and shounds phenomenal. I was playing Battlefield 4 today, after a long break, and forgot at how good it sounds and how good it looks and how much crazy shit is happening at once.

I don't know, I like siege bit it is hard to argue that it isn't lacking in a few areas, especially at a full retail price tag.

Did your teammates take off their tactical gear to reveal an nWo t-shirt?

dated wrestling reference...lol
I shot at them once after they were shooting at me. Tying to say hey guys stop fucking shooting at me cause before I was just looking at them. It seemed to be a bad idea cause them they blew me away. I felt they weren't the smartest of mates lol

I spent A LOT of time with Rogue Spear as my first Online MP Shooter that I got hardcore into and I can definitely relate to a lot of what you're saying.

City Street and Killhouse are R6 staples IMO and if they aren't included as DLC down the line I will be really damn dissappoined. Seeing as how other games have patched in New modes I don't see any reason for them not to add traditional TDM.

However, I can appriciate the changes made to the game modes to fit the Seige theme. The gunplay seems decent and it's still a tactical based squad shooter.

I'll pick it up tonight and hole out hope the game will grow a lot in the future.

Yeah, same. Rogue Spear was the first mp shooter I got into. I think they are adding more game modes with the dlc, so that's a bonus, if they don't have some classic maps or tdm, It will be a missed opportunity. Maybe I just burnt myself out on the beta and got really bored of attacking and defending the same maps.

Yeah, same. Rogue Spear was the first mp shooter I got into. I think they are adding more game modes with the dlc, so that's a bonus, if they don't have some classic maps or tdm, It will be a missed opportunity. Maybe I just burnt myself out on the beta and got really bored of attacking and defending the same maps.
Well more maps in the full game. Sounds like you want to play though. :)

Played 3hrs straight last night and if it wasn't for having a real life I would have kept going all night, this game is just that good. My first2 games with randoms and no mics = 2 losses but won the next 8 straight with an awesome squad of guys who all communicated and actually used their Op's the correct way, it simply felt.....AMAZING!!!

What I am extremely happy about is how awesome the matchmaking and netcode was last night, it felt nothing like the last beta and judging by the lack of deliberate team-killing and abuse on the mic's a lot of people only played the beta as it was free so hopefully those people stay away because right now this is such a friendly and niche community to the point where last night in a couple of games one of our guy's killed the hostage, they were all apologetic, we just laughed and carried on as normal.

If you're playing the game in the right way people are much more forgiving and that's something very rare in online gaming these days. This really feels like a return to those great SOCOM days that I miss.

I know there's no real advantage to the Season Pass but given Ubi's active approach towards player feedback, the DLC model they've implemented and how much I'm enjoying the game, I'm happy to support them and give them an extra AU$45 for the content they're adding.

Karak

I also have to say its nice to make a mistake or have someone do it and people just sort of shrug and say. Happens.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I also have to say its nice to make a mistake or have someone do it and people just sort of shrug and say. Happens.

I've played an absurd amount of Hunt, and in all that time, the only legit annoyance I've heard on the mics is when someone plants the defuser in the middle or back of the room.

Genryu

Banned

In a hostage match on the defending side, I set up one of those shields right next to the hostage and was standing near the corner. Guys shot through a barricaded door and saw the shield and saw a leg poking out of it and fired, killed the hostage.

It was great, only have had that happen once though, I've tried it a few times now.

My name on uPlay is Genryu116 if anyone wants to invite me.

Karak

I've played an absurd amount of Hunt, and in all that time, the only legit annoyance I've heard on the mics is when someone plants the defuser in the middle or back of the room.

Ouch. I mean...I never did even think of that, but its not THAT crazy to assume on someones first game. In fact there isn't much warning is there that you will have a ton of people rush in from invisible closest when you throw it down is there?

Kojaq

I do not know alot about rb6 games, played tons of hours on cod/battlefield, is the community friendly I cannot stand the mentally of people in cs:go. I want pick up a copy, it is really cheap on gmg and learn the basics is it a good game for some one not familiar to this franchise.

I do not know alot about rb6 games, played tons of hours on cod/battlefield, is the community friendly I cannot stand the mentally of people in cs:go. I want pick up a copy, it is really cheap on gmg and learn the basics is it a good game for some one not familiar to this franchise.

Yes. You are not going to be treated like someone coming in to the CS:GO community. My experience for the R6 community has always been positive and welcoming.

What's the easiest way to get renown? Want to get the most out Of the free booster

Situations on realism

Skel1ingt0n

Anyway to see total time played on PC?

I used the hostage for cover in a match earlier. Told her to 'stand up' as a guy shoot at me. Instant loss for the defending team.

That said, only two guys left, so they would have probably lost anyway. Still, definitely has its funny moments.

I also killed the hostage in my first ever hostage match. Forgot that grenades weren't a good idea. Hostage seems less sturdy than she is in terrorist hunt.

Top Bottom