• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

That crap is still there! I guess my enthusiasm to try the patch has almost died.

It would happen every now and then pre-patch but its constant now.

Theyve somehow made the op selection screen a little laggy

Probably because of the added customization option

Say what now? It's always been laggy to me. Choosing an operator and outfitting them has always been bogged down to me.

I feel like the operators menus and such are snappier.

I don't play this often anymore but I check this thread every few days to see what the latest technical hurdle plaguing Rainbow Six Siege is.

I feel bad for you guys still playing regularly. Game is great but the support really isn't there. Ubi just want to sell you another round of MT before they drop support and ask you to buy another $60 rainbow six game, or some other nonsense in the coming year.

I hope I'm wrong though. I still hop on from time to time and a lot of my buddies are trying to persuade me to help them build a ranked team for the new season. Sounds like fun.

Please Chrono

Dabanton

Why oh why do Attackers still rush into the buildings.

Because there are a lot idiots playing. Who still seem to think this is a run and gun game.

*Match Starts* Hey guys lets formulate at least a simple approach. 'No let me run inside and die within 30 secs'.

patchday

stupid ps4 didnt download the dlc even though it was in sleep mode while I was at work. Oh well dinner will be ready in few mins anyways.

Looking forward to messing around with the new characters :)

Gonna be horrible trying to select the new operators though.

Good news though for me is I should be able to pick Frost reliably on Defense now

Other than beefing up the anti-cheat on PC I feel you are pretty wrong about this. There are certainly some major issues plaguing the game, but they have been making improvements with every patch which shows they are supporting the game.

I suppose so, but I feel the game shouldn't be suffering from any major technical issues at this stage. We shouldn't have people complaining about matchmaking in the OT on a daily basis.

Overwatch, Uncharted 4, Battleborn, all run better in beta than this game does 6 months down the line.

Please Chrono

Everyone that wants to play is American though and that's kind of why I don't want to play in that capacity. I sit on 150ms ping in US lobbies and have to worry about getting peaked by bad players while my US teammates can run around headshotting bad players for free. On EU servers I feel empowered, on US I feel like I have to adopt a more defensive playstyle to compensate for the latency. Even if I can successfully compensate latency with strategy, it's less fun. With that said, sometimes it doesn't feel so bad, and I think part of the issue is in my head.

I might play though since my buddy told me my flawless ranked win loss is going to be reset anyway. Is that true? Finally, the weight will be lifted and I can play without having to worry about losing a flawless ratio, haha.

I'm also a bit worried about how I can stay competitive at Siege while playing Uncharted 4, Overwatch and Battleborn too, y'know? It's a real first world problem. :( I only play Overwatch and Battleborn casually but I want to see if I can get a fragged nation team going for Uncharted 4. That would be sick. I guess Siege doesn't have any true competitive play on PS4 though? Since ESL is XBOX and PC only or whatever.

Keihart

I suppose so, but I feel the game shouldn't be suffering from any major technical issues at this stage. We shouldn't have people complaining about matchmaking in the OT on a daily basis.

Overwatch, Uncharted 4, Battleborn, all run better in beta than this game does 6 months down the line.

Everyone that wants to play is American though and that's kind of why I don't want to play in that capacity. I sit on 150ms ping in US lobbies and have to worry about getting peaked by bad players while my US teammates can run around headshotting bad players for free. On EU servers I feel empowered, on US I feel like I have to adopt a more defensive playstyle to compensate for the latency. Even if I can successfully compensate latency with strategy, it's less fun. With that said, sometimes it doesn't feel so bad, and I think part of the issue is in my head.

I might play though since my buddy told me my flawless ranked win loss is going to be reset anyway. Is that true? Finally, the weight will be lifted and I can play without having to worry about losing a flawless ratio, haha.

I'm also a bit worried about how I can stay competitive at Siege while playing Uncharted 4, Overwatch and Battleborn too, y'know? It's a real first world problem. :( I only play Overwatch and Battleborn casually but I want to see if I can get a fragged nation team going for Uncharted 4. That would be sick. I guess Siege doesn't have any true competitive play on PS4 though? Since ESL is XBOX and PC only or whatever.

Haven't played the rest, but uncharted 4 had similar problems on beta and TLoU until this day even on the remaster.
Besides COD i haven't played any online game with a flawless matchmaking experience cod can fuck up sometime$s even, there've been always some odd long waits and what not on any matchmaking.

Besides is not even that bad, is certanly not broken unless servers fuck up at some point. I play almost every night with two friends and it haven't be a problem at all.

Damn let me take your spot lol I've been looking for some people to play ranked with haha

Great, not OP but completely meta changing. It's a massive improvement over Black Ice.

Once I get my hands on Valkyrie that would probably be the only operator that i'll choose, besides rook cause no one picks rook..
Putting cameras outside to see where the enemy is rappeling is gonna soooooooo good!

Valkrai

Once I get my hands on Valkyrie that would probably be the only operator that i'll choose, besides rook cause no one picks rook..
Putting cameras outside to see where the enemy is rappeling is gonna soooooooo good!

I always use Rook. Personally we use Valkyrie as a Roamer because of tossing cams outside. It's so important especially in maps like Hereford Base, House, etc.

FireRises

what do you guys think of the new map? I hate the feeling of not knowing where the cameras are yet and I'm constantly being tagged lol... frustrating.

LAM09

Game has always run fine for me. I never got all the complaining

PS4 <---

You're telling me you haven't encountered this at all -

13173373_1129611367059416_3380432450154747817_o.jpg

Massa

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/fr/cp0/e15/q65/13173373_1129611367059416_3380432450154747817_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9[img][/QUOTE]

I wouldn't be surprised, those errors are server-specific and maybe don't effect some regions.

First game I actually choose Valkyrie: kicked before even loading in.

Second: team killed immediately.

Done. This game's community continues to be somehow more toxic than CoD even two months later.

FireRises

First game I actually choose Valkyrie: kicked before even loading in.

Second: team killed immediately.

Done. This game's community continues to be somehow more toxic than CoD even two months later.

it is pretty toxic, I'll give you that but today is going to be the worst - everyone wants to play the new operators so the children will act out. Don't abandon the game!

patchday

I only got to play Valkyrie once. then I joined some friends and they always insta-lock the new operator lol

So gonna risk randoms for a bit

Genryu

Banned
I managed to play earlier today with Manhack, and he instalocked the new operators a few times and ask if I wanted to play as them. :3

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
Holy shit, did flashbangs get a buff?

Stun Grenades now detonate faster after contact

Stun Grenades now detonate 1 second after making contact with a surface instead of having a 3 second fuse. We wanted to make that change because we think it will add a surprise effect and will make them more effective.

More than one user on reddit reporting that Blackbeard's shield IS destructible, contrary to initial reports. Maybe it was disabled in the early preview match? Serenity17 said they unloaded with Tachanka into the shield and it didn't get destroyed.

That's good, though.

https://fat.gfycat.com/MessyCelebratedJoey.webm

patchday

nope.

Like I say- I find a good group of dudes using mics and stick with'em. I avoid toxic TKs and apparently that crap

plus low ping (fiber) if that helps

(if I do get that it was rare; like super rare)

manhack

I managed to play earlier today with Manhack, and he instalocked the new operators a few times and ask if I wanted to play as them. :3

:D

Playing PC with 2-3 man groups this afternoon and the remainder of people have been absolutely great to play with. Some of the best pick-up games I've seen.

Maybe PC community is small enough now it is just the hardcore.

Klyka

Banned
:D

Playing PC with 2-3 man groups this afternoon and the remainder of people have been absolutely great to play with. Some of the best pick-up games I've seen.

Maybe PC community is small enough now it is just the hardcore.

Patch actually brought so many people back that for a time the concurrent users on Steam (no uplay numbers known) were twice of what they usually are

They reset rank for ranked but the kd and win ratio still stays. Haha chrono no ranked i guess

First game on new map. Mvp! I like the map! Easy time going around by myself in a custom map. Good destruction not too big. Good flanks for defense. Many entry points for offense. Dust line > Black ice. Sorry Canada :(

Damn, forgot how much I love this game.

Great rounds with a full team, didn't lose a single match. Played for about three hours. No disconnections, no matchmaking issues. My first round of the night was t hunt and super laggy but I think that was the host. Had maybe one suspect kill where, from my viewpoint on the camera, it looked like my teammates had the drop on a guy from behind but he whipped around and killed him instead.

Of course this is all anecdotal and I'm sure having a full team in ranked helped.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
this Uplay pos client is giving me so much grief. I'm trying to update the game and I keep getting the "UPlay was unable to start your download. Check free hard drive space and try again'. I have a terabyte of available space and my connection is fine. The official forums are worthless for finding solutions though. Any ideas?

Vorheez

Why is it so hard to play the new maps when they come out? Border is set as my only preferred map in the settings and I can't get it in neither ranked nor casual...

I've had a little time to marinate on the patch. Overall, I think it's fantastic! I haven't had a chance to play in Casual or Ranked alone, so it's possible matchmaking is still buggered in some way, but it was flawless with a full squad. Some players I was with complained that the time between matches was too short now, haha.

Valkyrie is amazing. Her cameras are ridiculously important to the team. If you place them around the objective area, teams are often too preoccupied with *you* to take them out. However, even as a roamer, they can be very important. I got used to placing three around the objective-ish area, but finding a good spot to hide in and placing a camera nearby to try to understand where the enemy might be.

Blackbeard...he definitely has his uses, but he is NOT OP--not by a long shot. The only people claiming he was OP was everyone who didn't have access to him, haha. I got killed *numerous* times from a Defender directly to my front. He is useful if you play him smart--peaking windows, peaking out from behind a shielded player, going prone--but he is far from OP. Maybe a little frustrating to play against, but not more than the shield Attackers.

Why is it so hard to play the new maps when they come out? Border is set as my only preferred map in the settings and I can't get it in neither ranked nor casual...

Yeah, I think the patch is fantastic, but this is still annoying as hell.

So Valkyrie's cameras are amazing.

I don't have the season pass so I can't play as her yet, but they help tremendously.

Yeah, they're fantastic. I played her on Defense almost every round. I don't know if all players realize how good IQ is now, though.

FireRises

^ agreed! Valkyrie's cameras are really useful. Matchmaking has improved by a great deal and so far, things seem to be running well.

I avoided ranked because all the cheating but I think I'm going to venture into it for season 2, seems like the rules are better even if hacking hasn't been fully addressed.

When it comes to attackers

-I.Q
-Thermite
-Thatcher

All feel like must haves. I.Q is very crucial to deal with Valkyrie

As far as defenders go,

-Rook
-Valkyrie
-Jager (unless its Hostage)

Valkyrie singlehandedly made I.Q relevant

I can see Valkyroe getting a nerf, like Frost. Reducing the effectiveness of the shotgun or removing her C4, or maybe even her camera count to 3 instead of 4

4 seems a little over the top to me tbh.

I hope we see some upgrades to existing operators to make them viable. Tachanka's upgrade is a start.

Via reddit, undocumented changes:

This is a list of changes that reddit users have found in game that are not officially documented by Ubisoft in the patch notes. (I'll update as we get them):
  • Tachunka's turret is silent when rotating
  • switching to blackbeard's secondary weapon increases movement speed even with the shield equipped on the primary
  • Sledge destroys both layers of a floor when using breaching hammer
  • Not all skins/charms/head gear is available now and will be release over time during season 2
  • IQ cannot see the outline of pulse's cardiac sensor in the way she sees the outline of other gadgets
  • Season pass holders get a free charm & head gear (smoke)
  • Black beard's shield gadget significantly reduces vertical recoil
  • All operators move slower
  • You cannot vote to kick in ranked play (known bug)
  • Compared to normal cameras, Valkyrie's cameras have a wider field of view (fisheye), glow blue when in use, display video in colour and are named "Black eye 1-4".
  • Some skins can now be bought with renown or R6 credits that were previously only available with R6 credits
  • SMG-11 recoil has increased
  • Daily missions now involve selecting any operator from a specified counter terrorist unit rather than a specific operator. Wins are no longer required just game completion.
  • Nitro cells and grenades fly faster
  • Some furniture is no longer destroyed with one bullet
  • Operators lose their rook armor after you are put in a DBNO state and then revived.
  • Frost's voice no longer sounds male.
  • Blackbeard's shield can be destroyed eventually (if under fire)
  • Icons for all the various ranks have changed http://imgur.com/zH3Rzmi
  • The front iron-sight on Buck's C8 was removed when a sight is equipped
  • The R6 Siege website UI has been significantly improved including the player profile page containing player stats.
  • The valentines day and st patricks day skins have become unavailable for some eligible players (known bug)
  • Changes to recoil patterns across various guns https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comments/4izgw1/weapon_recoils_in_30/
  • Compensator and flash hider attachments work slightly differently
  • pulse's gadget display has changed slightly
  • the information about who is the host on terrorist hunt has been removed because the team is not kicked anymore when the host leaves
  • mutes jammers have shiny metal components instead of being all black
  • drones have new overlay visuals with the twitch drone having a unique HUD

Top Bottom