• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
Yeah,the problems with the new map in ranked match is ridiculous.I spent a lot of time this weekend playing and the new map didn't appear.But i tried to play 1 match in t-hunt for a daily challenge and the new map appears.Crazy.

I want to make a report to the gamertag https://account.xbox.com/es-ES/Profile?gamerTag=SKULL%20I%20SHADOW this guy is a fucking cheater in ranked match in the xbox 1.Is the first time i see a person like this in the xbox 1.

Example of the cheater

Example 2

I send him a xbox message saying "cheater" and he answer me "do notcry ;)"

What an asshole.

Keihart

Heeereee I come to save the daaaaayyyyy! Lol well maybe. For all you getting error codes after every match, showing your profile as "offline" fucks this game up for some reason , although it has the worst servers known to man so shouldn't be too surprising. If you set to appear "offline" it will error code you out of every single match.

speaking of which I have had all sorts of glitches after the patch, lag, can't walk through holes in walls all sorts of crap but maybe its high volume of players after patch.

any consensus which new operator is best >? ive got about 40 k credits and ready to burn.... also don't have buck so technically that could be a consideration too, after patch.

not being able to go through holes or doors is because of lag.

Maulik

Are any of you guys joining the PS4 Gaf rainbow six group? Makes it way easier for us to all band together whenever possible.

PSN ID: Recipe4disastr

Okay my siege fully just died the hardest it has ever died and it's not waking up. It started with an in-game bug where all I could see was the front of the bank (we were playing on bank) but I could move my operator around and vault and repel and stuff but I couldn't see where I was. I tried everything from spinning in circles to drone switching. Nothing. I left the game and rejoined. Same bug happening. I colsed the game and restarted it. I tried to rejoin the same match. It put me in a searching for game matchmaking with the team I was playing with even though the game must have still been going on. After a minute of waiting, a server connection error comes up. I start trying to join back again. Same thing. I resart my ps4 and siege and try to rejoin again. Same thing. I can't even start another ranked game because it thinks I'm still in the same one.

There's a joke my friends and I make that comes to mind: siege is the game you want to play but doesn't want you to play it. I think that decribes this situation perfectly.

Edit: post 15 minute ban everything seems to be fine now

Woo, finally got my Platinum trophy! That flawless Ranked one is frustrating because it's usually just the friend and I on a team and because of that we usually get matched with much lower level randoms without mics while we go up against a high-level coordinated team. Luckily we both nailed it and clutched that flawress game.

Woo, finally got my Platinum trophy! That flawless Ranked one is frustrating because it's usually just the friend and I on a team and because of that we usually get matched with much lower level randoms without mics while we go up against a high-level coordinated team. Luckily we both nailed it and clutched that flawress game.

I hate the flawless one because of missed opportunities. I can't count the number of times its been 5v1 and my team gets all excited and tries to go hunt the least attacker only for one or two of us to be killed before we win.

PS4 community has just been shit for my friend and I lately, TK's all night long..We usually run causal and are pretty good, whats the ps4 gaf community? Thanks

Why did the character select menus get so laggy? It seems they improved the main one though. Game still plays amazing. I have a perfect ranked record right now after 4 or 5 games so I'm afraid to play ranked and lose it.

Why did the character select menus get so laggy? It seems they improved the main one though. Game still plays amazing. I have a perfect ranked record right now after 4 or 5 games so I'm afraid to play ranked and lose it.

I'm guessing it has something to do with the extra assets that can be loaded into the game menu (headgear, etc) as well as the other changes they made to it. I have a feeling they'll fix it in an upcoming patch.

It's weird, because sometimes it's super laggy for me, other times it's buttery smooth.

How often have there been sales for the PC version? GMG has a 20% off coupon but wasn't sure if something bigger has happened. I know there's the summer sale but I don't feel like waiting!

I already have this on PS4 but want to try that PC life. Actually, really, I want to be able to multi-task and be able to play R6 on my PC while doing something else on my PS4 too.

Ferny

How often have there been sales for the PC version? GMG has a 20% off coupon but wasn't sure if something bigger has happened. I know there's the summer sale but I don't feel like waiting!

I already have this on PS4 but want to try that PC life. Actually, really, I want to be able to multi-task and be able to play R6 on my PC while doing something else on my PS4 too.

Traitor

I've only played the new map in Casual, not Ranked, FWIW. Have played it twice.

It's a pretty damned fun map, too, so it's a shame it's not getting more rotation.

Also, just found this guy's channel: he has a great vid that shows him using Tachanka effectively. I didn't know about that cheeky little "lean back with Tachanka to go lower under cover" trick.

EDIT: Also, this helm is supposed to be Boba Fett, right? Any idea why it's called "Void"?

Thumbnail_Large.PNG

FireRises

It's a pretty damned fun map, too, so it's a shame it's not getting more rotation.

Also, just found this guy's channel: he has a great vid that shows him using Tachanka effectively. I didn't know about that cheeky little "lean back with Tachanka to go lower under cover" trick.

EDIT: Also, this helm is supposed to be Boba Fett, right? Any idea why it's called "Void"?

Thumbnail_Large.PNG

that's pretty clever regarding the lean w/ Chanka :-D

and yeah that's def boba fett, not sure why it's called Void though.

Thumbnail_Large.PNG

Guess I know which operator Im unlocking next :p

Recipe and I had a good couple of games on the PS4 last night. Some dude on our team killed 4 guys with a C4 as the last man standing when they all bumrushed him. They were all shooting at him but he still got it off and we won lol.

The new challenges are so Shitty. No renown and they all end in like 5 seconds

No renown? Literally or just not as much as you'd like? They're pretty similar to olds, and same amount of renown. It IS annoying there aren't challenges for certain weapons or something like that, and there could be a bigger bounty for pistol kills or you could opt to just skip that challenge.

Weapon-specific challenges pls Ubi!

Rocketz

I like how terrorist hunt is just broken for me now since the update. It won't find matches 85% of the time. It will just search and search and search and nothing will happen.

So been awhile, I can unlock one of the new operators as of now. Think I am short a little bit to buy both. Which of the 2 new operators should I buy?

Buraindo

So been awhile, I can unlock one of the new operators as of now. Think I am short a little bit to buy both. Which of the 2 new operators should I buy?

Valkyrie is probably the better choice, her cameras and weapons are great. Blackbeard's fine too but he doesn't really do much else beyond shooting.

Yeah, Valkyrie is a player that your defending team should have EVERY round, IMO. Just too damned useful.

Blackbeard can be a beast IF the player knows how to play him. Staying on the outskirts=key. Had a player who was just terrorizing us every attacker round from the windows/distance last night. You have this terrifying feeling when you shoot at an Attacker, get the satisfying hit markers but a split second later realize they're the "gadget" hit markers and its Blackbeard, likely pointing his rifle straight at you.

I kinda hope whatever new attackers they bring in the next DLCs can do anything beyond "My guns are super awesome!" They are, but overall aren't all that interesting. Frost and Valk meanwhile are really fun to play with and rewarding if you do them well.

KodaRuss

Blackbeard can be downright nasty imo so far. Just got back into Siege a couple days ago after finishing Dark Souls 3 and that shield is pretty damn solid.

Loving Valkryie as well with the cameras.

Going to try to join up with yall in some games again soon. Pulled a 4 v 1 clutch off last night fun times.

I wish I would have saved up some more renown, so much crap to buy now. Working on purchasing the Camo Texas Charms right now.

I trapped someone with Frost last night and his/her own teammate finished him off (didnt look like an accident we were down 5 v 2 at the time). I was laughing about that pretty hard.

joecanada

This guy rips people apart as Buck. Breaching shotty can be very dynamic if you know the maps.

That's an excellent channel in general, btw.

wow he knows the maps alright. some good tips in some gameplay vids like the kitchen spot on chalet where you just pop up from the side of the window that everyone looks into. I've gotten a kill every game in that location.

The patches are okay, but its weird they said the visuals were better into buildings I thought but I find it way worse, with blackbeard I couldn't even use the holo sight last night I couldn't see into a window at all, it was pitch black inside and people were shooting at me lol.

speaking of blackbeard his shield is okay, but I noticed shotguns always wreck you because of collateral shots, spraying. so don't stand in a window with someone spraying buckshot at you. it is very good though for those chest high cover though like tables, counters, etc.... going to unlock valkryie tonight try out those cams

servers are about as bad or worse than ever really don't know why they leave a game in such a state (lag, connection issues, etc), I think even more than before you get thrown into games that are already done or you are down 0-2 or even up 2-0 is boring as well ........ don't know why games still do this in 2016.

Cannes Film Fest-inspired headgear out this weekend:

Ci7bf2xWkAE2Lpr.jpg

Mix of reddit/my thoughts:

Mute: "Clone" Stormtrooper - 960 R6 credits ONLY
Valkyrie: "Driver" Furiosa - 960 R6 credits ONLY
Sledge: "Stythe" Bane (not sure about this, now that better pics have come out) - 960 R6 credits ONLY
IQ: "Angel" not sure--maybe something from LOTR/elvish? - 960 R6 credits ONLY
Bandit: "Stitches" Hannibal Lecter - 30000 renown or 720 R6 credits

Not gonna lie...might buy some of these.

EDIT: Better screens from in-game:

IQ=Thor?

moai

They look great, speciallu the stormtrooper but i refuse to use white headgear, it makes your head easy to spot on some maps.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
Cannes Film Fest-inspired headgear out this weekend:

Ci7bf2xWkAE2Lpr.jpg

Mix of reddit/my thoughts:

Mute: "Clone" Stormtrooper - 960 R6 credits ONLY
Valkyrie: "Driver" Furiosa - 960 R6 credits ONLY
Sledge: "Stythe" Bane (not sure about this, now that better pics have come out) - 960 R6 credits ONLY
IQ: "Angel" not sure--maybe something from LOTR/elvish? - 960 R6 credits ONLY
Bandit: "Stitches" Hannibal Lecter - 30000 renown or 720 R6 credits

Not gonna lie...might buy some of these.

EDIT: Better screens from in-game:

IQ=Thor?

Awesome!

Top Bottom