• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

When it comes to attackers

-I.Q
-Thermite
-Thatcher

All feel like must haves. I.Q is very crucial to deal with Valkyrie

As far as defenders go,

-Rook
-Valkyrie
-Jager (unless its Hostage)

Valkyrie singlehandedly made I.Q relevant

I can see Valkyroe getting a nerf, like Frost. Reducing the effectiveness of the shotgun or removing her C4, or maybe even her camera count to 3 instead of 4

4 seems a little over the top to me tbh.

I hope we see some upgrades to existing operators to make them viable. Tachanka's upgrade is a start.
you are really overselling valkyrie and IQ. Valkyrie is great, and IQ is better than she was, but shes not some insta great attacker. She makes dealing with cameras easier, but its not super hard in the first place.

I don't think IQ is an insta-pick now, overall, but she definitely is for some maps. Maps with a lot of walls you can shoot through=yup. Makes it easy for her to get rid of defences and Valkyrie's cams.

Valkyrie, though...I don't know why anyone WOULDN'T want to pick her.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
IQ now has two powerful operators where she is a good counter. The cameras, but also Pulse.

She also benefits slightly from the Thatcher nerf.

She climbed from low-tier to mid-tier.

Tank is still low-tier. Though better than he was at least.

This was a damn good patch.

To make IQ god-tier I'd give her smokes instead or f-bangs and allow her gadget to see through them as before (not sure if she still can after the patch).

I kinda wish IQ's ability also allowed your teammates to see same things when they get detected, but that might be too OP

It would be too OP. Especially since she sees Pulse

I think she's definitely top tier. Knowing where Valkyrie cams are is going to be very crucial

On top of that, she counters Pulse and smoke's grenades, which can help you get away from getting trapped in his poison.

I don't see why you wouldnt have her in every game. Trying to find Valkyrie cams makes your team very vulnerable.

Klyka

Banned
Man this game is tons smoother now and matchmaking is a thing of seconds

Did not expect that!

I actually turned some graphics settings back up and it still runs at 60 fps perfectly

YAY!

divisionqnuug.png

Note about Siege in the recent Ubisoft reports.

Man this game is tons smoother now and matchmaking is a thing of seconds

It's still dogshit for me. Took 5 minutes to get into our first match a while ago and it crashed after the second round of our second.

6 months after launch, everyone, and it's still struggling to do the most basic thing an online game is supposed to do, connect you with other people.

[Edit] Third attempt to have a game resulted in all 3 of our party receiving matchmaking errors before even getting to the matchmaking screen.

All ranked on PS4, btw. Casual seems to be working OK for us, though.

It would be too OP. Especially since she sees Pulse

I think she's definitely top tier. Knowing where Valkyrie cams are is going to be very crucial

On top of that, she counters Pulse and smoke's grenades, which can help you get away from getting trapped in his poison.

I don't see why you wouldnt have her in every game. Trying to find Valkyrie cams makes your team very vulnerable.

Oh damn, didn't know that about Pulse.

I'll be happy to play IQ though. Her weapons are great.

Have had a great time post-patch, still haven't played on the new map though! Both operators seem to really bring something relevant and useful to the table. Blackbeard is difficult to get used to taking out though, that shield is something else. Not sure if I like it getting obvious hitmarkers, it's distracting lol

I ran into a situation where someone used Blackbeard correctly on me and I was impressed. Crouched down and shooting at me from a ledge at the perfect height in the same room, so I couldn't shoot him at all

I ran into a situation where someone used Blackbeard correctly on me and I was impressed. Crouched down and shooting at me from a ledge at the perfect height in the same room, so I couldn't shoot him at all

Iceycat also pointed out that he is good for murder holes, since the shield can cover up the area of the whole while leaving you covered. At the same time, anyone smart enough could just shoot at your legs/body.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Fantastic information.I have this bug: The valentines day and st patrick's day skins have become unavailable for some eligible players :(

I played a few matches yesterday and now the game is more awesome than before.The matchmaking in ranked now searches immediatly, the new improvements to the game are wonderful, the option to change the head of the operators i love it, the price of the charms are very expensive(30.000 of renown for a charm are they crazy?) and the new operators are lovely. The cameras of valkirye change the game a lot and the placement of the cameras is a minigame inside of the game searching for the right spot.The menu for selecting your operator in multiplayer are very laggy now and makes it harder to select your preferred operator.

I love the game now much more than before.Wonderful update.

Another bug pre-patch

Genius

Maybe a stupid question but do enemies show up for everyone on Valkyrie's cameras and do I have to be looking through them in order to have them show?

Had some great games last and match making was the quickest it has ever been for me - UK Xbox.

Vorheez

Game absolutely fucked for anyone else? Can't even search for a match

When I boot it up it sayd "creating squad..." for like 15-20 mins too. Never had any of these problems before the patch.

My favourite thing with Blackbeard: Looking through that little window to the kitchen on Chalet, especially when the hostage is in there. Just wiped out a whole (dumb) team in one go because they kept coming for me.

Just got a glitch that wouldn't allow me to repel down off of a roof I climbed up on, and I literally couldn't get off of it and the round ended up timing out.

Additionally, in the same round, I got another glitch that wouldn't allow me to mark things either.

frontovik

Banned
Ubisoft needs to improve its anti-cheat system for the PC; encountered so many hackers and aimbotters lately that it's turned me off from even thinking about the game now.

Kalentan

Yeah, kinda bugs me that their code of conduct doesn't even mention team-killing.

The first time it happened, the guy killed us all when we were about to move in. I was on my camera when he shot me. Then he left when he was the only one alive.

The second time the guy just decided to shoot twitch and me. Killed twitched, downed me. He revived me and then I killed him and we kicked him.

At least in the latter game, we still won cause the 3 of us and the 1 person who joined (making it a 4 v 5), did really good and made a comeback.

Are some of the death animations new? Killed someone while they were standing and they actually staggered back for a few steps (obviously dead/dying), then fell to the floor. Kinda cool.

joecanada

I'm in the UK as well. I can never play with the same team, as this error appears after every match.

Heeereee I come to save the daaaaayyyyy! Lol well maybe. For all you getting error codes after every match, showing your profile as "offline" fucks this game up for some reason , although it has the worst servers known to man so shouldn't be too surprising. If you set to appear "offline" it will error code you out of every single match.

speaking of which I have had all sorts of glitches after the patch, lag, can't walk through holes in walls all sorts of crap but maybe its high volume of players after patch.

any consensus which new operator is best >? ive got about 40 k credits and ready to burn.... also don't have buck so technically that could be a consideration too, after patch.

I think Valkyrie is the one that you can say is a must-have. The others are situational either based on the map or your playstyle.

Frost used to be a must-have when she was OP (sniper shotty, C4, and traps), but now her traps are her main positive and those can be snuffed out by a good team. That isn't to say they aren't useful, of course. She's the best "trapper" between her and Kapkan, for sure.

I think Buck is great if you're a good rusher/attacker. He's a fantastic breacher. His rifles are great, his shotty can blast giant holes in the wall, and the frags make him great for clearing rooms or flushing Defenders out. If you're aggressive, he's a great pick.

Blackbeard is good for more cautious players. The first time you play him, you'll probably think you're a lot more invulnerable than you actually are. Great for peeking windows, hiding behind cover (or shield players), peeking murder holes. Overall, a fairly "seflish" Operator in that his shield mostly keeps him alive, so your utility to your team will be dependent on how well you can stay alive and contribute :p

manhack

Just decimated an entire team using a well placed Valkyrie camera I placed outside the building on Border.

They kept coming up to the window and one-by-one I was picking them off as they peeked or i would jump out as they walked by.

It helps people don't know the map.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
Are some of the death animations new? Killed someone while they were standing and they actually staggered back for a few steps (obviously dead/dying), then fell to the floor. Kinda cool.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=203019283&postcount=1
Check VISUAL & AUDIO IMPROVEMENTS

New bug
Sorry to qoute myself but does anyone know the answer to this?

Everyone in your team can use the cameras but for spot the enemies you have to press Y(xbox1) to mark them like the normal cameras.Is not automatic.

Maybe a stupid question but do enemies show up for everyone on Valkyrie's cameras and do I have to be looking through them in order to have them show?

Sorry to qoute myself but does anyone know the answer to this?

Is Border in the ranked playlist for non-season pass holders right now? I've played tons the last few days, and haven't seen it once.

Me neither. In order to even see it we had to play terrorist hunt with everyone in the party with their map settings to that map only. The game badly needs a vote map option similar to something like The Last of Us or Mario Kart 8. Tired of getting the same maps over and over.

Me neither. In order to even see it we had to play terrorist hunt with everyone in the party with their map settings to that map only. The game badly needs a vote map option similar to something like The Last of Us or Mario Kart 8. Tired of getting the same maps over and over.
I think they might have wanted to avoid people quitting out if the map they wanted doesn't get selected, which is a good thing. I think increasing the weighting when a new map releases, for that map specifically, for a short period of 1-2 weeks or so could help a ton.

Val is such an amazing addition to the game. I really like the state the game is in right now tbh. Hit reg feels good. I still think Blackbeard is OP but we are only on like day 3 now so who knows how that'll play out. It just feels like there is no point trying to hold an angle even a long one if he is in play, vs anyone with half decent aim he is just going to headshot you and you lose the angle immediately.

Every time I've been shooting Blackbeard I've been shocked to see the faint hitmarkers and keep thinking I'm hitting team gadgets or something hahaha. Also that shield is durable af; I mowed two guys down with Tachanka and he too came down the Southern stairs on Yacht with that fiberglass POS sticky taped to his gun deflecting all my rounds while he popped me in the head. You'd think that a gadget like Tachankas HMG would be a fantastic way to give the defending team a gold repellant to Blackbeard. That MG is presumably a fairly high caliber and fired fast, even just a stagger animation like knifing a shield user I feel would be fine

My friends and I must have played 5 or 6 hours of this in the past 3 nights (at least 15 matches in total) and we still haven't come across the new map. Is it even on the fucking rotation?

I feel like border isn't in the ranked playlist, at least for non season pass holders. I probably put at least 20 hours into the ranked playlist since the map released, and never saw it once. I go into casual tonight, and see it in the very second game I play.

Klyka

Banned
I feel like border isn't in the ranked playlist, at least for non season pass holders. I probably put at least 20 hours into the ranked playlist since the map released, and never saw it once. I go into casual tonight, and see it in the very second game I play.

maps have nothing to do with season pass

Matchmaking is totally fucked again tonight for me. It's struggling to even find our own squad, let alone another team to play against. A complete joke. And yes, I've backed out and re-entered matchmaking multiple times,.

thenexus6

I got the new map the first time I searched then never again.

I was tried to do a hostage t-hunt with a friend earlier and the game wouldn't let us pick them up. The hostage was just floating in mid air. We reset and same thing happened, then completely froze both our games.

FireRises

Every time I've been shooting Blackbeard I've been shocked to see the faint hitmarkers and keep thinking I'm hitting team gadgets or something hahaha. Also that shield is durable af; I mowed two guys down with Tachanka and he too came down the Southern stairs on Yacht with that fiberglass POS sticky taped to his gun deflecting all my rounds while he popped me in the head. You'd think that a gadget like Tachankas HMG would be a fantastic way to give the defending team a gold repellant to Blackbeard. That MG is presumably a fairly high caliber and fired fast, even just a stagger animation like knifing a shield user I feel would be fine

agreed, Tachanka should be able to at least stagger or destroy his shield. Chanka should definitely stagger the other shield users, no way they can support a giant shield with one arm and accurately aim their pistol while a machine gun is drilling into it. These changes would be some much needed buffs for ol' chanka.

Top Bottom