• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

I really want that headgear but then I have to remember that 1) I can't see it and 2) People will really only notice it if you win and you're the MVP

What sucks is that I just got season pass on PC and the complimentary credits can't even get me one of those!

Man, this game...still like no other. Heart fucking pounding most of the night.

Found a good group of people randomly in Casual (was also playing with my brother) and didn't lose a match in about 3 hours of playing.

Highlight of my night. It also, ironically, shows how much I hate the melee button assignment.

Damn thats crazy. Played it three times last night in casual.

Whatever its rotation weight is, probably needs to be doubled or something.

Over 10 hours of ranked and no sign of it. Just played my first casual game in forever and what was the first map that popped up? You fucking guessed it.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
Yesterday, tired of playing casual and never playing in the new map,I tried to unselect all the maps in the mathmaking preferences and only left the new map.After that,I play 3 consecutives games in casual in the new map.So for me worked.

?

I've only played the Border twice so far which is astounding based on how much I've played since the patch. Also definitely going to need to get that Furiosa-inspired headgear for Valkyrie.

I had no idea I could scan with cameras after death until yesterday and man that is a game changer.

Also I must have put in 4 hours and wasn't team killed once although I did notice a few people join and don't move but they were quickly kicked.

Proof that I was Gold ranked at one point tonight :p

n3yu5PY.jpg

Auctopus

Does anyone know how the Ranked Rewards work?

Does it remember your highest rank like Hearthstone and reward you accordingly or is it the rank you land on? I'm only asking cause I'm on Gold 1 (whatever the first gold tier is) and its been through a fair bit of a luck and good teamwork in the last few matches. So if it doesn't rememebr your hgihest rank., I'd rather not risk it and play casual.

joecanada

You're pretty much guaranteed to have a cheater in your match at this point.

on pc? haven't seen too many on ps4 but I think there are some exploits due to shitty netcode/lag...

I have had the see through walls exploit multiple times, not much you can do about it. also saw a guy literally warp through the floor on our team for a kill from behind / win last night.

I mean the game is awesome I'm like level 85, but lets face it they left it out to die. period. worst servers since socom confrontation (which killed that game probably forever)

-Deimos

on pc? haven't seen too many on ps4 but I think there are some exploits due to shitty netcode/lag...

I have had the see through walls exploit multiple times, not much you can do about it. also saw a guy literally warp through the floor on our team for a kill from behind / win last night.

I mean the game is awesome I'm like level 85, but lets face it they left it out to die. period. worst servers since socom confrontation (which killed that game probably forever)

PC, and I'm talking about aimbots, wallhacks, etc. FairFight is a joke and the cheaters aren't even trying to be discrete any more.

joecanada

PC, and I'm talking about aimbots, wallhacks, etc. FairFight is a joke and the cheaters aren't even trying to be discrete any more.

yeah its a shame, even on ps4 there is disappearing assets like walls, ceiling, etc... and soooo many team killers and sometimes voting doesn't work, and no punishment its pretty terrible.

just yesterday some guy shot me so I just kind of ran away, then I hear them going "oh why did you shoot me" and the second guy "I'm just sick of being shit on" (losing I guess?) so his friend goes "oh ok, " and they just tk everyone and leave me and another dude.

Like have you never heard of just quitting out? finishing the round? Nope, this is what we get today. Makes me wish for a 600 dollar console again really it does, when ps3 was 649 in Canada the only people I would get in matches were friendly Euros and some odd US dudes who were awesome.

or how about devs actually care about their game enough to implement an auto cheat detection like if you tk two players within a minute an auto 30 minute ban or kicked to dunce server like gta online except done right (gta was stupid as they punished you for completely normal gta activities).
voting is not really the answer, how many times have you been tk'd and then voted out as well? all the time.... another proposition is if you tk and then are voted out on top of it , an auto ban.

Massa

Yesterday I was voted out of a match for being the only person on the team who didn't die within a minute. It's pathetic, this game has the worst community of any online game I've played.

LAM09

Yesterday I was voted out of a match for being the only person on the team who didn't die within a minute. It's pathetic, this game has the worst community of any online game I've played.

It's getting worse. People team killing for fun

KodaRuss

It's getting worse. People team killing for fun

I have run into the occassional idiot on PS4 but for the most part it has been pretty good.

I am back in love with this game after taking a break for Dark Souls 3. Need to get back into some games with the GafClub

If the teamkilling is really that bad on consoles they should just implment teammate reflect damage until you actually get inside the building. My theory is the team killing being so prevelent in this game is because of it being strictly round based and a lot of modern shooter players not being used to that. They rush forward and die and don't get to shoot anyone at all and become frustrated so the next time they spawn they just want to shoot something and target their teammates.

I've rarely been tk'ed and always seem to be on the *other* team, the one that watches the kill feed as a dickhead kills some of his teammates.

Even then, it seems pretty rare, from the times I have played. Sometimes you'll see one player TK at the start of the round, but it's just one kill, so it could have been drone-induced mistake.

If three players are killed preround, the TKer is automatically kicked. Saw it happen this past weekend.

They do definitely need a better ruleset or logic for TKs, but I don't want to implement any crazy auto-bans, like auto-banning someone who teamkilled and then was kicked off the team. That could happen if you accidentally TK someone and then he and his three friends kick you out of spite.

It's amazing how expectation influences critical reception. I feel that expecting good story and co-operative options harmed the critical reception of Rainbow Six Siege. I note this now, because Overwatch has a very similar quantity of content, yet faced little to no criticism on this front.

Comparing the Gamesradar review of Siege to their review in progress of Overwatch

For Siege they criticize 'needless microtransactions' and lack of singleplayer content.

For Overwatch, there's yet to be any mention of the fact that there is no SP, or co-operative content, and microtransactions have yet to receive a mention either. Their review just focuses on the gameplay, and game design.

http://www.gamesradar.com/rainbow-six-siege-review/
http://www.gamesradar.com/overwatch-review-in-progress/

Similar reviews across the web from other publications.

I've rarely been tk'ed and always seem to be on the *other* team, the one that watches the kill feed as a dickhead kills some of his teammates.

Even then, it seems pretty rare, from the times I have played. Sometimes you'll see one player TK at the start of the round, but it's just one kill, so it could have been drone-induced mistake.

If three players are killed preround, the TKer is automatically kicked. Saw it happen this past weekend.

They do definitely need a better ruleset or logic for TKs, but I don't want to implement any crazy auto-bans, like auto-banning someone who teamkilled and then was kicked off the team. That could happen if you accidentally TK someone and then he and his three friends kick you out of spite.

If you kill more than 1 player pre-round then you should be kicked in my opinion. It's not easily done at all, and if you have more than two instances of TK across a game then you should be kicked. It might sound a little strict but I think the effect it would have on tkers would be several folds more frequent than mere coincidences. It should be a simple two warning system, basically.

Gawd, these skins are beautiful.
AgLCJAg.jpg

It's amazing how expectation influences critical reception. I feel that expecting good story and co-operative options harmed the critical reception of Rainbow Six Siege. I note this now, because Overwatch has a very similar quantity of content, yet faced little to no criticism on this front.

Comparing the Gamesradar review of Siege to their review in progress of Overwatch

For Siege they criticize 'needless microtransactions' and lack of singleplayer content.

For Overwatch, there's yet to be any mention of the fact that there is no SP, or co-operative content, and microtransactions have yet to receive a mention either. Their review just focuses on the gameplay, and game design.

http://www.gamesradar.com/rainbow-six-siege-review/
http://www.gamesradar.com/overwatch-review-in-progress/

Similar reviews across the web from other publications.

Yup--it's pretty bullshit.

I'm not about to pretend that Siege has the same amount of polish that Blizzard brings, but in terms of launch content and great gameplay, it's really not that far off.

If you kill more than 1 player pre-round then you should be kicked in my opinion. It's not easily done at all, and if you have more than two instances of TK across a game then you should be kicked. It might sound a little strict but I think the effect it would have on tkers would be several folds more frequent than mere coincidences. It should be a simple two warning system, basically.

I'd be totally okay with that, for sure. They can definitely improve it.

joecanada

I agree this is another prevalent part of the major problems with this game . Ive been tkd and voted out just for lasting too long as you noted . Ranked is a dumpster fire im no pro but im not shit either , my w\l and kd are both 0.3 ..... never had a good fair ranked match yet ..... ever.

However regarding the comments about overwatch that game has no interest for me whatsoever it looks like the battlefront of friendly shooters . Way simple and no tactics really just people running around ... i watched vids on YouTube and immediately lost interest

Gawd, these skins are beautiful.
AgLCJAg.jpg

Yup--it's pretty bullshit.

I'm not about to pretend that Siege has the same amount of polish that Blizzard brings, but in terms of launch content and great gameplay, it's really not that far off.

I'd be totally okay with that, for sure. They can definitely improve it.

Cool skin but I hate the rail, the mount, or whatever it is on that gun. Makes it look so ugly. I need to look at some skins. I'm saving my points for a headgear though.

More like bananas and pears

Pears are shit

lol

What don't you like about it?

I enjoyed Overwatch but don't know if I am going to buy it, simply because I'm enjoying refinding my love of Siege, TW3's final expansion is coming out, Elite: Dangerous's expansion is coming out, and I can't decide between Dark Souls 3 or Overwatch. Too many damned games.

Vorheez

I've never played it, I'm just messin' about. I just see all the love overwatch is getting and I'm jealous because siege deserved it too.

It's our job to defend it brehs

I've never played it, I'm just messin' about. I just see all the love overwatch is getting and I'm jealous because siege deserved it too.

It's our job to defend it brehs

Oh yeah, absolutely. I don't think Overwatch's extreme amount of polish is enough to deflect from the double standards present in the media and with gamers.

Sometimes I wish I had enough time to be a GAF detective and do a cross-section of "Siege has no SP and has microtransactions? Disgraceful" and "I don't mind that Overwatch has no SP and microtransactions" posters.

Top Bottom