• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

manhack

Sometimes I wish I had enough time to be a GAF detective and do a cross-section of "Siege has no SP and has microtransactions? Disgraceful" and "I don't mind that Overwatch has no SP and microtransactions" posters.

There has definitely been some double standards with OW vs. Siege.

The 20 tick rate currently in Overwatch is rather amusing considering how much shit Siege got for having 30 tick rate. At least there was a decent amount of outrage about OW having 20 tick rage on these forums. Ubisoft did the right thing and fixed it, hopefully Blizzard will do the same.

I'm always going to lean more towards the Rainbow Siege gameplay, but am enjoying Overwatch. I'm glad both game exist and look forward to playing both over the next year.

Auctopus

Holy shit, is this "can't pick up the hostage" bug new?!

Insane. Three games in a row where we can't pick up the hostage and move him!

vlaktron

Neo Member
Holy shit, is this "can't pick up the hostage" bug new?!

Insane. Three games in a row where we can't pick up the hostage and move him!

seems to have come about at the start of season two. I've only experienced it in Terrorist Hunt. Hasn't happened in multiplayer.

It is super annoying though. I haven't figured out a way to get the hostage unstuck. Pretty much have to kill 'em and end the game.

joecanada

seems to have come about at the start of season two. I've only experienced it in Terrorist Hunt. Hasn't happened in multiplayer.

It is super annoying though. I haven't figured out a way to get the hostage unstuck. Pretty much have to kill 'em and end the game.

this actually did happen to me in mp but it wasn't a full on glitch , what happened was the hostage was outside and I ran and picked him up but he didn't actually get picked up, I held the button and it said I had him but nope, anyway I ran all over before I realized he wasn't with me, went back and got killed :( , sooo embarrassing but wasn't really my fault. probably looked dumb to teammates though.

joecanada

+1

Siege's 1 life makes it much more important to stay alive and kill + those sweet clutch/carry moments

the only caveat I would say for siege (not interested in overwatch so no comparison there) is that compared to other FPS, if your team is very good or very bad, siege is not much fun. and this does happen on some occasions.

How is siege's matchmaking these days?

I've thought off and on for a while about dipping in and trying the multiplayer, but if I'm thrown into the deep end with a bunch of people expecting me to know the game in and out I'm just going to be a liability to the team.

Is matchmaking solid? Would it group me up with other low level players or throw me to the wolves?

I've tried some online Terrorist Hunt but everybody runs like they're just farming renown - not fun in the slightest.

How is siege's matchmaking these days?

I've thought off and on for a while about dipping in and trying the multiplayer, but if I'm thrown into the deep end with a bunch of people expecting me to know the game in and out I'm just going to be a liability to the team.

Is matchmaking solid? Would it group me up with other low level players or throw me to the wolves?

I've tried some online Terrorist Hunt but everybody runs like they're just farming renown - not fun in the slightest.

Matchmaking is probably the best its ever been. Occasionally it can take a few minutes to completely fill the team but overall its good.

Which platform do you play on?

Matchmaking is probably the best its ever been. Occasionally it can take a few minutes to completely fill the team but overall its good.

Which platform do you play on?
PS4. I've spent a ton of time in Terrorist Hunt, lone wolf and with friends but not a single moment with the PvP.

Has the Gold Edition for PS4 gone cheap yet?

My region (AUS) didn't even GET the Gold Edition to my knowledge, but seriously dude just get the base game on the cheap (not hard) and forget the season pass unless you're a die-hard fan. All meaningful content is free.

Played on PC for the first time in months (I main PS4 version because friends) and was shocked at how average the people I was vs'ing/paired with. Last time I got my shit wrecked haha, hope this means an upswing in player population? Doubt it with Overwatch being drooled over for some reason. Poor Siege, out in the cold.

My region (AUS) didn't even GET the Gold Edition to my knowledge, but seriously dude just get the base game on the cheap (not hard) and forget the season pass unless you're a die-hard fan. All meaningful content is free.

Played on PC for the first time in months (I main PS4 version because friends) and was shocked at how average the people I was vs'ing/paired with. Last time I got my shit wrecked haha, hope this means an upswing in player population? Doubt it with Overwatch being drooled over for some reason. Poor Siege, out in the cold.
Yea im a die-hard (I have the season pass on PC) but I main Frost. I've seen one for $50 but I was hoping for around $45

Yea im a die-hard (I have the season pass on PC) but I main Frost. I've seen one for $50 but I was hoping for around $45

I think you can, somehow, buy individual operators if you're desperate. That's what my friend who doesn't have enough time to unlock them for free did with JTF2.

Also, being chased about with Twitch's shock-drone when you're the last defender and you're on shit-all health is probably one of the most terrifying experiences I've had in a long time lol

I think you can, somehow, buy individual operators if you're desperate. That's what my friend who doesn't have enough time to unlock them for free did with JTF2.

Also, being chased about with Twitch's shock-drone when you're the last defender and you're on shit-all health is probably one of the most terrifying experiences I've had in a long time lol

Yea I know, but 25k renown lol. I'm just too lazy to do that grind.

On top of your situation that you posed, imagine that but she has high ping. Her drone literally teleports everywhere. God dammit I hated that match.

I got the final kill with the shock drone a couple weeks ago. Pretty funny kill screen.

Auctopus

Rest of team died within about a minute. I solo'd the opposition in the following minute. I'm rewarded by being shot in the back of the head by a teammate immediately at the beginning of the next round.

Valkrai

Only in ranked though. Freaking waiting 15 to 20min to get into a ranked game. Casual is usually pretty fast.

Right now Ranked is pretty much ridiculously broken on PC. Casual's fine but it gets boring quickly since you can't decide spawns and there's little to no actual teamwork on there.

Right now Ranked is pretty much ridiculously broken on PC. Casual's fine but it gets boring quickly since you can't decide spawns and there's little to no actual teamwork on there.

Indeed. And when I DO get into games, I always happen to get on the team with trollers or people that dont know what the hell they are doing and dont talk.

Opto

Banned
Yesterday a Tachanka mowed down my entire team one after the other and somehow wasn't kicked.

Also my kick player option isn't there anymore? -PS4 player

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
I see people exploiting that glitch basically every game on that map. Fantastic game but they need to fix their shit and drop the hammer on the glitchers.

I miss Frost's nitro cell so much :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vcz3iBrPq28

I do that regularly ^^

A justified nerf I think, but with how strong Valk is now and having nitro I think a lot of frost players just switched to her.

My issue is whats with all the new characters being 2/2 and the defensive ones having super powerful autoshotties. I'd be cool if none of the new ones had nitro as there is already quite a few defenders with nitro and it could lead to picking of some of the more underused / underappreciated ops like kapkan and mute because you need defensive nitros for shields. I'd really like some more armor/movement points variety though.

NHale

How's the ps4 community? Still strong? Considering grabbing this today.

Never had any problems getting a game within 20 seconds besides the times the matchmaking is broken.

Terrorist Hunt is luck based because if the host quits after he gets killed there is no host migration, so goodbye mission. But that is not a problem of the game or amount of people playing but the type of people playing....

Massa

I accidentally played on the ranked playlist yesterday (didn't realize I was on ranked until spawn selection) and it was so much better than what I'm used to, I think I'm going to stick with it.

I accidentally played on the ranked playlist yesterday (didn't realize I was on ranked until spawn selection) and it was so much better than what I'm used to, I think I'm going to stick with it.

Even Ranked can be a mixed bag.

My group ended up with two pro players from eLevate, I think?

Jesus Christ, it was impossible to get a word in without

-Some kind of bragging
-Telling you what to do
-How much G-something powder to take to get your nerves right
-Gay and faggot jokes aplenty
-Rape jokes (beyond the "norm"--like "oh bro you're gonna get raped. do you know what rape feels like mtraps

Otherwise, yeah, Ranked is often great. I find I have to be in a certain state where I can commit that much to the game because it feels like the stakes are somehow higher.

Went to a friend's BBQ yesterday my Siege friend who was there said I should show them a bit of Siege as most of them haven't played it yet. We loaded it up and got Hostge mode on Consulate. Had some nice kills the first few rounds which got them excited(and one major fail as Montagne)

For the final round I decide to use Valkyrie and the objective was in Visa Office. I decided to camp above in the room next to the offices above Visa. I decide to leave a camera in the room behind me and one in the hallway opposite so I can spot enemies coming from either side.

I then watched on it as a Thermite came through the window on in the office behind me. As soon as he was getting close to the reinforced ceiling I realized he was about to go into his arming animation so I came into the room and popped him, and then went back into the room with the wooden wall to camp out again and monitor the cams.

A few seconds later on the same camera I see another enemy come through another window in the same office room. He comes in and crouches by the wooden wall inside the office(the one I am behind). He sits there and starts to look around to scan the area and hope that the enemy that killed his teammate comes out again. I quickly tag him with my camera and pop a shotty shell through the wooden wall from the other side. Enemy gets downed. Me being the asshole that I am, I throw a C4 through the wall onto him.... walk back and blow it up sending his body and wood shards flying. My friends were bursting out laughing.

I think I've sold them all on the game. I've done my duty to promote this game SiegeGAF

LMAO that 1v5. Stuff like that never gets old

Top Bottom