• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Here is a video that shows how dumb spotting enemies is 99% of the time. Then it has a decent round from me, but I am not splitting them up now to just show the spotting stupidity:

Spotting

And then here is the one where a teammate was playing with the other team.

Community Highlight

Also, the guy playing Blackbeard, Pwn All Noobz or whatever the moron is named, invited me to a party at the start of the match. So I assume somebody joined and they talked the moron into helping them. It is also REALLY dumb that I couldn't kick the guy. Just dumb stuff from Ubi.

I'm so bad at aiming when an enemy is running from left to right/right to left. Disgraceful.

Might need to up your sensitivity to follow them if you're aiming can't keep up. Shotguns are still a little overpowered I think, especially the semi-auto ones. I think they need to be bouncier or a little more erratic so people can't just fill an entire room with bullets.

The PS4 version is like 25 bucks right now, just geeeeeeeeeet it.

TheKeyPit

Banned
^I think my problem is being surprised that someone just runs from one room to the next. I'm walking slowly and crouched through a room as an attacker and from out of nowhere an enemy starts sprinting from one room and I'm trying to shoot him immediately. I should be more patient.

KodaRuss

Nothing is better than pulling off the win after going down 0-3. Picked up two randoms last night with our group of three and went up against some platinums/golds and we wrecked them to win 5-4. Damn that felt good.

What if one of the next attackers/defenders abilities was a quick ladder/quick rope to be able to climb up blown out hatches? That would be pretty useful.

moai

about the defenders going out of the building and killing rapelling attackers, i always cover my teammate from the ground aiming towards the nearest window. i have many kills that way, pulse users and other roamers always go outside for easy kills. it also makes them think twice for the next round.

What if one of the next attackers/defenders abilities was a quick ladder/quick rope to be able to climb up blown out hatches? That would be pretty useful.

i think capitao was supposed to have that ability but it may have been scratched.

Keihart

i would like for the next operatives to be less agresive ones to dial back up the meta a little.
Every new defender has been a good roamer and attackers are strong assault types.

Maybe a new shield or reccon attacker and a new type of reinforcement for defenders.
I like the roamers evolution of the game because maps become more interesting but they need to give incentive to make defending the objective from upclose more fun too.

Fury451

Banned
nothing is worse than the blatant disrespect of a defender crashing through a window out of bounds and blowing you away as your scaling a wall :(

I've used the hop out a window and kill attackers from behind strategy a lot, but it always feels like cheating when I do it or it's done to me haha.

nothing is worse than the blatant disrespect of a defender crashing through a window out of bounds and blowing you away as your scaling a wall :(

By the same token, few things are as satisfying is taking out a cocky out-of-bounds Defender before he has a chance to take out you or a teammate. Some of my most satisfying moments in this game are "protector" moments from sniping window Defenders or OOBers.

Not on my (lucky) watch/pt2.

I just got this game at the weekend and I dunno why I didn't buy it much sooner. I am playing PS4 and it's just great so far apart from a couple of team killers.

If anyone in the UK is looking for an old dude to play the game with then please add me on PSN: SlickShoes

I used to play SOCOM a lot and nothing has really scratched that itch since then but this game comes very close. I'm still a bit dire and don't know the maps but folk to play with would be awesome.

Erban1

Sucks when it happens to you, but when you pull it off it's amazing. I had a great one on Hereford where a guy ran past a window on the first floor and i guess he caught a glimpse of me. I waited till i could hear him running back toward the window, I sprinted right at the window, vaulted through the broken barricade and landed a perfect headshot mid vault. I'm not much of a roamer so pulling stuff off like that is always a thrill.

Keihart

I just got this game at the weekend and I dunno why I didn't buy it much sooner. I am playing PS4 and it's just great so far apart from a couple of team killers.

If anyone in the UK is looking for an old dude to play the game with then please add me on PSN: SlickShoes

I used to play SOCOM a lot and nothing has really scratched that itch since then but this game comes very close. I'm still a bit dire and don't know the maps but folk to play with would be awesome.

You can add me if you want, i can speak what i would call "goo enough english" with a weird accent.

flkraven

Bought this game on Xbox 1 2 weeks ago and fucking love it. Play it every night with my brother. Only need to buy 1 more of the cheap operators before I can start saving for Buck.

A few quick questions: I've noticed a ton of people use shotguns, specifically the auto ones. The range seems ridiculous on them and people always seem to just only from the hip. Is there some sort of secret there? Are shotties more accurate from the hip?

Likewise, can I have some advice about hip firing pistols from behind a shield. I never seem to put enough ammo on an enemy, and meanwhile I get headshot through a door when someone else does it to me. What's the trick?

Bought this game on Xbox 1 2 weeks ago and fucking love it. Play it every night with my brother. Only need to buy 1 more of the cheap operators before I can start saving for Buck.

A few quick questions: I've noticed a ton of people use shotguns, specifically the auto ones. The range seems ridiculous on them and people always seem to just only from the hip. Is there some sort of secret there? Are shotties more accurate from the hip?

Likewise, can I have some advice about hip firing pistols from behind a shield. I never seem to put enough ammo on an enemy, and meanwhile I get headshot through a door when someone else does it to me. What's the trick?

No, they're not more accurate from the hip, but considering hip fire from most weapons is dogshit in this game, hip fire with shotguns is remarkably effective.

They're getting a good accuracy/spread nerf in the very next patch, though.

It feels bad. I've never done it at the start of the match, I hate that. But I've done an oob play when the enemy team is trying to find a good breach and they are just sitting there. No sense giving them all that time to set up the perfect breach.

flkraven

No, they're not more accurate from the hip, but considering hip fire from most weapons is dogshit in this game, hip fire with shotguns is remarkably effective.

They're getting a good accuracy/spread nerf in the very next patch, though.

That's awesome to hear. Where is a good place to read up on this update, or keep informed on this stuff?

Btw:

GT: flkRaven

on XB1 for those that play there

Keihart

That's awesome to hear. Where is a good place to read up on this update, or keep informed on this stuff?

Btw:

GT: flkRaven

on XB1 for those that play there

I follow some youtubers that play siege like Matimeo and Russkhof , although Russkhof is more for fun than information.

Icycat almost always has some timely information on new operators and maps.

Jarrod38

Wish Ubisoft would do something about people who quit a game because they died. Had two people quit on my team on the first round and for the rest of the match no one joined.

Played with a big baby yesterday. He was my teammate, screaming about wanting to play the round melee/knives only. Well first of all, screw that, but secondly, I actually tried to melee an enemy but the enemy turned around last second so I shot him with my pistol. Teammate got so mad at me for not sticking to his "melee only" BS gameplan, called me nasty names, then quit. At least he didn't try to boot me for it I suppose.

Rocketz

Shit. I might have to buy this.

2kh0jAn.jpg

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Yeah I'm not surprised. Most of the paid DLC is super overpriced in this game IMO. $2.99 would be the sweet spot.
They release it at stupid, high prices. But they've been very good about making it available for renown not too long after.

Like, initially when the game launched it was all R6 Credits only... and just obnoxious. Absurdity, to be honest. But they've mellowed and the renown prices I think are fair, mostly.

KodaRuss

I though that once in a ranked match you would never get new team mates or enter an ongoing match...i guess they changed that now, bummer :(

Yeah, I didnt think that was possible. Anyway, Assassin's Creed set is cool but I will definitely not be buying it until it goes up for sale with renown. Still kinda crazy that there were a lot of people that bought the gold sets that were just as expensive.

Is it hard to get Diamond? If I played I'd want to get diamond. That would be my only reason for playing again.

I hit master on Uncharted (max rank there) so I'm done on that game for the moment I guess. Looking for another ranked fix. After the ordeal that UC4 was in season 2, I'm not sure I want to go back for season 3.

HiiiLife

Do you play with a party? I've been playing games with one other person and we bounce back between Gold 2-3. It sucks getting dragged down by 4 other players.

KodaRuss

Well I was playing like crap last night. Sorry Alpine. Comedy of errors at Kanal.

On a side note somewhat related. I like playing as Mute but damn I hate his weapons. I hope pump actions get a decent buff or I would love it if an ACOG was available on his MP5K or something.

TheKeyPit

Banned
Well I was playing like crap last night. Sorry Alpine. Comedy of errors at Kanal.

On a side note somewhat related. I like playing as Mute but damn I hate his weapons. I hope pump actions get a decent buff or I would love it if an ACOG was available on his MP5K or something.

Weird, because I think that I somehow play better as Mute with his MP5K.

Haha, no worries. You were fine. My son was actually killing it last night. Especially in the first match. We just got complacent on the second match. Me especially.

Keihart

I really like the MP5K with holographic, the magazine feels huge too.

Erban1

What scope do you use? I think that might be part of my problem, if I dont have an ACOG I feel like a lost puppy I guess.

exactly why i started playing smoke instead of mute, shotgun for close encounters and the SMG-11 with an ACOG to lock down longer firing lines. I haven't wanted to play as mute since i made that move

KodaRuss

exactly why i started playing smoke instead of mute, shotgun for close encounters and the SMG-11 with an ACOG to lock down longer firing lines. I haven't wanted to play as mute since i made that move

I think Mute is close to a must have on defense though so I will usually wait until I am one of the last couple of people to pick and choose him because I know he is pretty necessary in almost all situations.

Same with Thermite/Thatcher (which I love both operators much more than Mute), I will hang around and let others pick their favorites then choose Mute/Thermite/Thatcher. My first choice would usually be Valkryie on defense if Mute is taken.

Top Bottom