• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Keihart

Smoke is really good for those rooms where you know you are gonna get breached no matter what. You can deny a fast entry with the bombs and give your team time to rotate.

Mute is pretty good, even more now with the range buff, at deniying intel. This is pretty big i think on new maps and when playing with a caveira or a pulse.

Castle+Mute is a pretty awesome combo too.

andycapps

Is it hard to get Diamond? If I played I'd want to get diamond. That would be my only reason for playing again.

I hit master on Uncharted (max rank there) so I'm done on that game for the moment I guess. Looking for another ranked fix. After the ordeal that UC4 was in season 2, I'm not sure I want to go back for season 3.
Not sure if someone has the exact numbers handy but I believe Diamond was .04% of the players playing ranked. I'm sure it's doable if you put enough time into it and continually work to improve. Playing with a great group also plays into it.

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
Is it hard to get Diamond? If I played I'd want to get diamond. That would be my only reason for playing again.

I hit master on Uncharted (max rank there) so I'm done on that game for the moment I guess. Looking for another ranked fix. After the ordeal that UC4 was in season 2, I'm not sure I want to go back for season 3.
Granted, I didn't put more than a couple of hours into Uncharted multiplayer... but getting to Diamond is no joke. The map and game knowledge, and the ability to coordinate with your team are an investment of hundreds and hundreds of hours. This is not "oh I'm good at FPS, I got sick aim, I'm going straight to the top".

TheKeyPit

Banned
What scope do you use? I think that might be part of my problem, if I dont have an ACOG I feel like a lost puppy I guess.

Holo Sight.

I think Mute is close to a must have on defense though so I will usually wait until I am one of the last couple of people to pick and choose him because I know he is pretty necessary in almost all situations.

Same with Thermite/Thatcher (which I love both operators much more than Mute), I will hang around and let others pick their favorites then choose Mute/Thermite/Thatcher. My first choice would usually be Valkryie on defense if Mute is taken.

I have a W/L Ratio of 1.78 with Mute(Wins: 73 ; Losses: 41). Next up with a similar playtime is Rook with 1.09(Wins: 108 ; Losses: 99). Just looking at the stats I can tell that he's an important operator to have on your defense team.

Keihart

Getting the drop on someone and interrogating them is so satisfiying Now you see me, now you don't

The guys went in so sure that i was in the corner, it felt great.

Edit: I really hope that shotguns aren't nerfed so hard as to become unviable weapons. Aside from Valky's shotgun i find them to be pretty fair right now, unless you are playing head first as an attacker, you should be keeping some distance and using thos assault rifles as intended.

KodaRuss

Played against 4 Diamonds and a Gold and got destroyed... Not sure how we got matched up with them with two silvers, unranked , a gold and one platinum (me and two friends and two randoms)

The thing about these guys that we played that were all platinum was just that they felt so much quicker strafing and aiming than anyone I have played against before. It almost felt like they were using Keyboard/Mouse (This was on PS4). Everything was a headshot and they would barely expose themselves to get us, it was really tough. We only won one game.

flkraven

Getting the drop on someone and interrogating them is so satisfiying Now you see me, now you don't

Edit: I really hope that shotguns aren't nerfed so hard as to become unviable weapons. Aside from Valky's shotgun i find them to be pretty fair right now, unless you are playing head first as an attacker, you should be keeping some distance and using thos assault rifles as intended.

I'm getting out sniped down long halls by auto shotties. They def need a nerf.

Fury451

Banned

It's good to see a shotgun that's realistic, unlike most video game shotguns where you have to jam the barrel into the opponent's chest and even then it's only like 50/50 for a kill, but the kill range on them is a bit ridiculous at times.

Keihart

It's good to see a shotgun that's realistic, unlike most video game shotguns where you have to jam the barrel into the opponent's chest and even then it's only like 50/50 for a kill, but the kill range on them is a bit ridiculous at times.

Yup, that's kinda my stance. A little more recoil on semi autos to avoid spam from the distance would be cool, but shotguns need to still dominate CQC. I at least, apreciate people playing with every type of weapon, including shotguns. There is a reason for Jaeger's rifle to be the best defenders weapon.

Yup, that's kinda my stance. A little more recoil on semi autos to avoid spam from the distance would be cool, but shotguns need to still dominate CQC. I at least, apreciate people playing with every type of weapon, including shotguns. There is a reason for Jaeger's rifle to be the best defenders weapon.

Of course. No one I know is arguing that shottys are too powerful close-up. It's the ranged stuff that's totally crazy.

Keihart

how much distance is CQC tho, i see it as no scope easy aiming disntance, like a rooms lenght, 7 at the minimun and 10 at most i think. Less than that and it would be like fighting with sticks or throwing rocks.

I think the pump action ones are in a good place. I just think the semi-auto ones need to go a little crazier if you're hammering on the fire button.

Last night I joined a game, bragging about my plat charm, gonna carry some fools and then I was thinking and dropped a grenade right on the hostage. Humbled.

Keihart

I think the pump action ones are in a good place. I just think the semi-auto ones need to go a little crazier if you're hammering on the fire button.

Last night I joined a game, bragging about my plat charm, gonna carry some fools and then I was thinking and dropped a grenade right on the hostage. Humbled.

SAS shotgun is like firing confety at mid range, i can kill with it but i feels almost like knifing.

I think they should just reduce the clip size of the m1014 to the same as Caviera's shotgun. I really never feel overpowered when using her shottie

Alienous

Recently started playing this game on PS4. I thought I was decent at it until I started leveling up and getting matched with better players.

Blackbeard is annoying as all hell to play against. Pulse hearing heartbeats over footsteps and gunfire is ridiculous. I keep getting sniped. I think to get any fun out of the game now I really need to commit to learning it, and I don't expect that process to be any fun in and of itself.

But it's a great game. Level 40 and just about 24 hours played, and it's still engaging.

TheKeyPit

Banned
Recently started playing this game on PS4. I thought I was decent at it until I started leveling up and getting matched with better players.

Blackbeard is annoying as all hell to play against. Pulse hearing heartbeats over footsteps and gunfire is ridiculous. I keep getting sniped. I think to get any fun out of the game now I really need to commit to learning it, and I don't expect that process to be any fun in and of itself.

But it's a great game. Level 40 and just about 24 hours played, and it's still engaging.

When I know that Blackbeard is coming I let him make the first move.
+ I'm always keeping my distance against Pulse.

------------

Feels good: http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/TheKeyPit/video/20704029

Any tips on how to do better next time?

Alienous

I might have had my best game following the advice of "assume there's an enemy camped in every corner".

Slow is smooth, and smooth is fast.

Not sure if someone has the exact numbers handy but I believe Diamond was .04% of the players playing ranked. I'm sure it's doable if you put enough time into it and continually work to improve. Playing with a great group also plays into it.

Yeah it's give or take .05% of the ranked userbase on Uncharted for max rank, so it seems like similar system.

As far as playing with a group goes, in Uncharted, it's pretty much impossible without, I'd assume it's that way in Siege.

Alienous

So, looking for tips on how to improve at the game, I came across 'Slicing the Pie', and now I'm finally playing consistently at the higher-tier level in any given match, clutch moments and all.

I guess a lot of people pick it up intuitively, but it really does make a difference.

Keihart

I just pressed the button by reaction, the freaking chairs by the door blocked me when i was triying to walk backwards.

Ran into a few cheaters last night on PC. It was weird. All troll 140+ level accounts. One even blatantly said when I died "oops, that wasn't for you" lmao.

eizarus

Banned
Picked up this game yesterday morning thanks to the PSN Summer Sale. It's a lot better than what I expected. I found the Situation missions to be boring, but as soon as I jumped online it was pretty fun. I love how tense it gets sometimes :D

PSN: ranjha187 for some rounds.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Played with a friend earlier and we must have played on the new map like 5 times in a row... It was annoying. I don't like it that much.

HiiiLife

People really suck at this game. And they just happen to be on my team. I wish ranking factored in individual skill rather than straight W/L. You can def tell who the golds are that got carried up into that tier by other players, yet they constantly go negative, don't PTFO, bottom of the team.

I'll never make it out of this gold vortex brehs.

I would like to see a random that can actually carry me for once. Please based god.

Theecliff

Banned
so does anyone here play this on ps4? it's still on sale on the eu store and i'm pretty tempted, but i'm scared if i buy it i'll be playing it on my own

TheKeyPit

Banned
People really suck at this game. And they just happen to be on my team. I wish ranking factored in individual skill rather than straight W/L. You can def tell who the golds are that got carried up into that tier by other players, yet they constantly go negative, don't PTFO, bottom of the team.

I'll never make it out of this gold vortex brehs.

I would like to see a random that can actually carry me for once. Please based god.

There can be a match where I'll get (K/D) 6/0 or 12/2 and there can be some matches where I'll get 2/7 or 4/8. Ranked is pretty fu**ed for matching you against really weak or really strong opponents. Same goes for the teammates. With teammates dropping out of a match + all the bugs or connection problems this game can have, "weak" teammates are my least concern.
I'm playing with a team of 3-5 people most of the time.

HiiiLife

There can be a match where I'll get (K/D) 6/0 or 12/2 and there can be some matches where I'll get 2/7 or 4/8. Ranked is pretty fu**ed for matching you against really weak or really strong opponents. Same goes for the teammates. With teammates dropping out of a match + all the bugs or connection problems this game can have, "weak" teammates are my least concern.
I'm playing with a team of 3-5 people most of the time.

I must be unlucky then because I get paired up with a lot of golds who don't play like it on a consistent basis. Very consistent. I also only play with one other person (who got carried into gold by me lol). Where all the good randoms at and why does Ubi punish me.

HiiiLife

Also, the recruit is my new favorite attacker. It's so damn fun returning the favor with the M10. Such a cheap weapon in this game lol.

You're lucky the SPAS isn't available for attackers. Playing the defenders game and winning the firefight is hilarious.

moai

Also, the recruit is my new favorite attacker. It's so damn fun returning the favor with the M10. Such a cheap weapon in this game lol.

You're lucky the SPAS isn't available for attackers. Playing the defenders game and winning the firefight is hilarious.

Doesnt thermit have that shotgun?

HiiiLife

Doesnt thermit have that shotgun?

My brother is a dedicated Thermite player so I don't take that from him.

With the M10 I feel a lot more at ease even if they have a Pulse or Valkyrie. Using IQ I still felt I was gonna get outplayed even with her gadget.

Top Bottom