• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Matt Frost

Damn, yesterday I thought I had the gun that heals and instead of reviving my teammate, I ended up killing him

I really like Siege. The tension and the tactical gameplay does it for me. Find my sweet camping slot, put the defenses and wait for the other team to come at me with Pulse and a shotty. Or play as the dude with the hammer and break in with the assault rifle. Either way is a lot of fun. It is even fun to watch how the other team kills themselves sometimes. So far I have one friend to play with and a bunch of randoms. We have fun. And the game is amazing.

I unlocked Pulse, Doc, Thermite, Sledge and Fuze so far. Looking forward to unlocking Caveira or Frost next.

Great times

KodaRuss

I still don't get how operator like Pulse made the final cut. Who ever thought having wall hacks would be a good idea?

You are pretty new to the game right? Previously his scanner did not refresh in realtime so you would be on a bit of a delay making it a lot harder to know where the enemy was.

When they buffed him everyone was wondering why? He didnt need it, he was a good operator and it took some practice to get good at how it works. Ubi went way over the top with his buff but it sounds like they are about to fix it soon.

HiiiLife

Pulse nerf but they already nerfed the M10 before right? Additional nerf? I'm not opposed to it, if it'll actually switch up battles from shotgun wars to SMG/AR wars I'll be happy.

Just picked this game up yesterday and have fell in love with it already. Does anyone have any beginners guide or videos? I'm getting my ass whooped online.

All the semi-autos need a heavy nerf while leaving the pump actions the same. They need a severe range reduction. The SPAS12 needs a range reduction and a fire rate reduction. The semi-autos can put more bullets into the air than any other gun but they also have range and penetration. You can basically just fill an entire room with bullets which I guess is the point but it's not fun because you're just getting shot to shit by a guy spinning around in circles holding the fire button. I would say everything is pretty well balanced except for semi-auto shotguns. I don't even know if the SPAS 12 is classified as pump or semi auto in this game but it fires like a damn machine gun.

Damn you guys got me fired up about shotguns. Can't wait for the Pulse nerf. But what I came here to ask about was what's the current speculation about the next map/operators?

Fury451

Banned
I still don't get how operator like Pulse made the final cut. Who ever thought having wall hacks would be a good idea?

He was previously more limited/balanced with a ping delay.

His shotgun getting a nerf isn't bad, but Valkyrie's is way more consistently powerful imo. Frost's too, but they seemed to have leveled that to more reasonable range now.

But what I came here to ask about was what's the current speculation about the next map/operators?

I think it's Japan isn't it?

https://www.vg247.com/2016/02/19/rainbow-six-siege-future-dlc-us-brazil-japan-theme/

I'm thinking either a CQB map (though they just did this) like a Tokyo apartment complex or office building, or perhaps a train station or equivalent map with both open sightlines and tight corridors.

I would presume it would be the Japanese Special Forces Group as the operators.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_Forces_Group_(Japan)

I'm hoping that since the game is still going strong we may get a year two plan. I would happily keep supporting it, it's delivered a lot of variety with operator styles and some great updates also; a new game mode or two would be appreciated though.

If they keep doing the male/female operator thing with each update, I hope we get another female Attacker this time, they've all been Defenders for the DLC.

Oh Japan sounds incredible. and a train station too, perfect. I love the locales and environments they've chosen. Very diverse aesthetics on each map.

Klyka

Banned
A Japanese train station would make a LOT of sense.

I really don't want them to give us some typical old style Japanese mansion or something.
That would be SO stereotypical.

HiiiLife

So..I guess no more game modes? That was on the dlc plan I thought.

When you're attacking Kafe and spawn by the kitchen window (at the armored white van) and a Valk manages to Spas you from meat locker doorway.

WY1jG.png

Feelsbadman.

Fury451

Banned
Oh Japan sounds incredible. and a train station too, perfect. I love the locales and environments they've chosen. Very diverse aesthetics on each map.

A Japanese train station would make a LOT of sense.

I really don't want them to give us some typical old style Japanese mansion or something.
That would be SO stereotypical.

I agree, I don't love all the maps, but they have all have fairly unique designs and aesthetics which I have appreciated a lot. I would prefer a non-house/complex map like a train station, something that could be a good companion piece to the airplane. Though I do wonder how you can barricade a place that normal has quite a few open areas.

Hopefully with year 2. Since the numbers have been steady since launch, or even grown, I would say they have to be re-evaluating their plan and will likely look to increase game modes.

I wonder if Ubi even expected it to be as successful as it has been.

KodaRuss

They talked about it around the first DLC release that they are working on the game modes. Once we get the Japanese Operators I hope they take a break from new operators for a bit and give us 2 maps and game modes or something.

Maybe they could finish Article 5...

I am sure they are having a hard time coming up with new game modes that would fit this game's style/gameplay.

flkraven

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1486006-Patch-Notes-Update-4-1?

Patch notes!!

Out in 2 days.

Bye bye Pulse.

Pulse Rebalancing
Reduced range for Pulse’s gadget, and he can no longer quick swap out of his gadget.
The previous update that we did on Pulse’s Heartbeat Sensor not only made it more comfortable to use, but it also made him stronger since the frequency of the heartbeat detection updates became higher. Combined with the fact that it was possible to switch extremely fast from the Heartbeat Sensor to the main gun, this made him too strong – our gameplay stats and the community feedback made that very clear. As a consequence, we have opted to tweak him as follows:
•Detection range of Pulse’s Heartbeat Sensor is reduced from 13m to 9m.
•Pulse will no longer be able to instantly switch from his Heartbeat Sensor to his previously equipped weapon by pressing the weapon switch button. This means the delay before the player can shoot will increase by 0.8 seconds (from roughly 0.4s increased to 1.2s).

Semi-Auto Shotgun Balancing
Semi-automatic shotguns will be getting a few tweaks to make them less powerful at longer range.
Based on the data we collected and feedback from the community and Pro League players, we have opted to balance semi-automatic shotguns. Patch 4.1 will be introducing these changes:
•We will be reducing short range and medium range raw damage by approximately 25-30%.
•For both hipfire and ADS (Aim Down Sight), we will be making their cones of dispersion wider by 1.5 degrees, which is approximately 10% more than their previous state. This means that there will be a less concentrated dispersion of bullets.

Our intention is to make semi-automatic shotguns carry out incredible damage at short range, but lessen their impact significantly from medium to long range. The damage falloff from the original damage output will now be more noticeable. At longer ranges, the accuracy of the shots will also be harder to predict with precision, as players will have less gradually less control the further away they are from their target.
The shotguns that will be affected are the following:
•SPAS-12 – Valkyrie
•SPAS-15 – Caveira
•Super90 – Frost
•M1014 – Pulse, Thermite, & Castle

There is a picture breakdown for the shotty damage drop off.

Some other fixes

Gameplay Fixes
Fixed – Shield Operators movement speed is slower than intended. [They are now back to Season 2 speeds]
Fixed – When the middle beam of a trap door is destroyed, it can no longer be reinforced.
Fixed – When a player falls while rappelling and then climbs a ladder, they will float in the air.
Fixed – Some users found an exploit that would allow them to see through walls.
Fixed – Some Pistols have double the intended amount of recoil when fired while ADS and then switching to hip fire.
Fixed – If two Defenders are outside and one of them goes back inside, the “You are detected” message will disappear.
Fixed – The angled grip is not providing the proper benefit.
Fixed – A destructible wall can become invulnerable if the Attacker is killed while detonating a second Breaching Charge.
Fixed – Players are able to shoot through barricades without causing damage to the barricade.
Fixed – Enemy names can be seen through barricades.
Fixed – A model error occurs behind players that equip a Nitro Cell.

Operator Fixes
All Operators
Fixed – Missing customization menu for PBR92.
Fixed – If an Operator mounts Tachanka’s LMG with a Pistol out, their arms will be near their chest after dismounting.
Fixed – Attackers are not killed when triggering Kapkan’s EDD and Frost’s Welcome Mat at the same time.

Thermite
Fixed – Exothermic Charge does not destroy a reinforced wall in some instances.
Fixed – Thermites Exothermic Charge can be destroyed through a reinforced hatch or wall.

Blitz
Fixed – Operators have a broken animation when viewing from 3rd person.
Fixed – Legs, arms, and the top of Blitz’s head are exposed when triggering his gadget.

Jager
Fixed – Jager receives twice the intended amount of points for disabling grenades.

Ash
Fixed – Some wooden walls require two breaching rounds to destroy.

Twitch
Fixed – After an Operator is killed by Twitch’s Shock Drone, they are able to see the drone highlighted while in support mode.
Fixed – Shock Drone is no longer available after being revived from a DBNO state and picking up your Shock Drone.

Caveira
Fixed – DBNO state’s blurred vision disappears when Caveira initiates an interrogation but cancels it.

Kapkan
Fixed – EDD will sometimes not destroy a barricaded door.

Sledge
Fixed – Enemy players are not killed when Sledge breaches a wall they are standing next to with his Sledgehammer.

Frost
Fixed – Welcome Mat texture is floating if it’s placed on a trap door and an attacker gets caught in it.

Valkyrie
Fixed – Black Eye Cameras pass through the frame of any window with aluminum shutters.

FBI Recruit
Fixed – FBI Recruit does not have heavy armor equipped.

Level specific and general fixes too. I'm stoked!

Theecliff

Banned
so does anyone wanna play on PS4 and help a complete noobie out? 😅

watched a few YouTube videos, played a few situations and a few proper matches with randoms but i feel like this is the sort of game that is way funner with a group of people communicating properly. i'm kinda a little bit too self-conscious to use my mic with a bunch of mute randoms so it'd be nice to go into a game with a few people in a party

damnit bottom of the page

Alienous

I think I might have to shelve this, after about 30 hours played.

After significantly improving my ability to play I found myself in a ton more clutch moments. I did a 1 v 4 and I felt like my heart was going to explode. Every other match I feel like I'm having an anxiety attack.

I just can't keep it up.

After significantly improving my ability to play I found myself in a ton more clutch moments. I did a 1 v 4 and I felt like my heart was going to explode. Every other match I feel like I'm having an anxiety attack.

I just can't keep it up.
Lol. Those are the best moments. I know when I see a teammate go through this I'm at the edge myself. That's what I love about 1 life round based games the most.

TheKeyPit

Banned
so does anyone wanna play on PS4 and help a complete noobie out? ��

watched a few YouTube videos, played a few situations and a few proper matches with randoms but i feel like this is the sort of game that is way funner with a group of people communicating properly. i'm kinda a little bit too self-conscious to use my mic with a bunch of mute randoms so it'd be nice to go into a game with a few people in a party

damnit bottom of the page

Quoting this for next page :)

I just can't keep it up.

You wanna know what's worse? Being in a contested area for ~1 minute after the timer ran out.

--------

Patch notes sound great!

I just can't keep it up.

That's the shit I live for. Nothing gets me going more than that. I'm AMPED just thinking about getting a clutch right now.

Edit: Those patch notes read like my dreams.

Matt Frost

I am using Pulse and I can see why he needs to be nerfed. And the rest of the patch notes seem really great as well.

The more I play this gem the more I love it

flkraven

Patch notes!!

Out in 2 days.

Bye bye Pulse.

Pulse Rebalancing
Reduced range for Pulse’s gadget, and he can no longer quick swap out of his gadget.
The previous update that we did on Pulse’s Heartbeat Sensor not only made it more comfortable to use, but it also made him stronger since the frequency of the heartbeat detection updates became higher. Combined with the fact that it was possible to switch extremely fast from the Heartbeat Sensor to the main gun, this made him too strong – our gameplay stats and the community feedback made that very clear. As a consequence, we have opted to tweak him as follows:
•Detection range of Pulse’s Heartbeat Sensor is reduced from 13m to 9m.
•Pulse will no longer be able to instantly switch from his Heartbeat Sensor to his previously equipped weapon by pressing the weapon switch button. This means the delay before the player can shoot will increase by 0.8 seconds (from roughly 0.4s increased to 1.2s).

Semi-Auto Shotgun Balancing
Semi-automatic shotguns will be getting a few tweaks to make them less powerful at longer range.
Based on the data we collected and feedback from the community and Pro League players, we have opted to balance semi-automatic shotguns. Patch 4.1 will be introducing these changes:
•We will be reducing short range and medium range raw damage by approximately 25-30%.
•For both hipfire and ADS (Aim Down Sight), we will be making their cones of dispersion wider by 1.5 degrees, which is approximately 10% more than their previous state. This means that there will be a less concentrated dispersion of bullets.

Our intention is to make semi-automatic shotguns carry out incredible damage at short range, but lessen their impact significantly from medium to long range. The damage falloff from the original damage output will now be more noticeable. At longer ranges, the accuracy of the shots will also be harder to predict with precision, as players will have less gradually less control the further away they are from their target.
The shotguns that will be affected are the following:
•SPAS-12 – Valkyrie
•SPAS-15 – Caveira
•Super90 – Frost
•M1014 – Pulse, Thermite, & Castle
There is a picture breakdown for the shotty damage drop off.

Some other fixes

Gameplay Fixes
Fixed – Shield Operators movement speed is slower than intended. [They are now back to Season 2 speeds]
Fixed – When the middle beam of a trap door is destroyed, it can no longer be reinforced.
Fixed – When a player falls while rappelling and then climbs a ladder, they will float in the air.
Fixed – Some users found an exploit that would allow them to see through walls.
Fixed – Some Pistols have double the intended amount of recoil when fired while ADS and then switching to hip fire.
Fixed – If two Defenders are outside and one of them goes back inside, the “You are detected” message will disappear.
Fixed – The angled grip is not providing the proper benefit.
Fixed – A destructible wall can become invulnerable if the Attacker is killed while detonating a second Breaching Charge.
Fixed – Players are able to shoot through barricades without causing damage to the barricade.
Fixed – Enemy names can be seen through barricades.
Fixed – A model error occurs behind players that equip a Nitro Cell.

Operator Fixes
All Operators
Fixed – Missing customization menu for PBR92.
Fixed – If an Operator mounts Tachanka’s LMG with a Pistol out, their arms will be near their chest after dismounting.
Fixed – Attackers are not killed when triggering Kapkan’s EDD and Frost’s Welcome Mat at the same time.

Thermite
Fixed – Exothermic Charge does not destroy a reinforced wall in some instances.
Fixed – Thermites Exothermic Charge can be destroyed through a reinforced hatch or wall.

Blitz
Fixed – Operators have a broken animation when viewing from 3rd person.
Fixed – Legs, arms, and the top of Blitz’s head are exposed when triggering his gadget.

Jager
Fixed – Jager receives twice the intended amount of points for disabling grenades.

Ash
Fixed – Some wooden walls require two breaching rounds to destroy.

Twitch
Fixed – After an Operator is killed by Twitch’s Shock Drone, they are able to see the drone highlighted while in support mode.
Fixed – Shock Drone is no longer available after being revived from a DBNO state and picking up your Shock Drone.

Caveira
Fixed – DBNO state’s blurred vision disappears when Caveira initiates an interrogation but cancels it.

Kapkan
Fixed – EDD will sometimes not destroy a barricaded door.

Sledge
Fixed – Enemy players are not killed when Sledge breaches a wall they are standing next to with his Sledgehammer.

Frost
Fixed – Welcome Mat texture is floating if it’s placed on a trap door and an attacker gets caught in it.

Valkyrie
Fixed – Black Eye Cameras pass through the frame of any window with aluminum shutters.

FBI Recruit
Fixed – FBI Recruit does not have heavy armor equipped.
Level specific and general fixes too. I'm stoked!!

Reposting for a new page

Yeah I thought the Super 90 was in a pretty good spot. I saw equal numbers of that and her smg while playing which before I almost exclusively saw the Super 90. Ah well. f semi-auto shotguns.

Alienous

I'm really not a fan of Blackbeard or Frost. Their abilities augment their killing game, rather than provide a different tactical option.

Blackbeard's shield is just frustrating when he's peeking. By the time you shoot at it and see the white hitmarker you've exposed yourself enough to get killed by a headshot. I wish it'd be more obvious that you're looking at an operator with a shield infront of their face, so I'd know more quickly not to engage.

I felt relieved after the opponent finally killed me. My heart wanted to jump out of my chest. Biggest problem was listening to that tense music for such a long time. It was pure torture.

I definitely know the feeling. I've had more than a few 'Ah, the sweet relief of death' moments.

KodaRuss

Good to see that they fixed Pulse. I hope this nerf isnt too harsh on the Semi Autos, they needed it but they cant be useless at range, we'll see.

The UI needed fixing and hopefully the Thermite Glitch is gone for good now.

Kinda disappointed no other character changes are being made. I am sure that they are going to be cautious now after the buff/nerf of Pulse. However I would contend that the operators that need buffs no one uses much anyway which was not the case for Pulse.

andycapps

Good to see that they fixed Pulse. I hope this nerf isnt too harsh on the Semi Autos, they needed it but they cant be useless at range, we'll see.

The UI needed fixing and hopefully the Thermite Glitch is gone for good now.

Kinda disappointed no other character changes are being made. I am sure that they are going to be cautious now after the buff/nerf of Pulse. However I would contend that the operators that need buffs no one uses much anyway which was not the case for Pulse.

Actually they should be almost useless at range. In a matchup between an AR vs a semi-auto shotgun at range, the AR should win every time. It's a shotgun, supposed to put out a lot of damage at close range with spread increasing and damage decreasing at range. An AR should be more vulnerable in close quarters where the shotgun does more damage.

KodaRuss

Actually they should be almost useless at range. In a matchup between an AR vs a semi-auto shotgun at range, the AR should win every time. It's a shotgun, supposed to put out a lot of damage at close range with spread increasing and damage decreasing at range. An AR should be more vulnerable in close quarters where the shotgun does more damage.

At the ranges we are talking about real shotguns are most definitely not useless. 10m away is still going to severely injure if not kill anyone.

If anything your first shot with the shotgun should have less spread if you are aiming down the sights and the subsequent shots should be less and less accurate if they are quickly shot.

Again this is a game but in reality if you are indoors in almost any map in this game a shotgun will do enough damage to kill in two shots or less.

andycapps

At the ranges we are talking about real shotguns are most definitely not useless. 10m away is still going to severely injure if not kill anyone.

If anything your first shot with the shotgun should have less spread if you are aiming down the sights and the subsequent shots should be less and less accurate if they are quickly shot.

Again this is a game but in reality if you are indoors in almost any map in this game a shotgun will do enough damage to kill in two shots or less.

At some point we have to talk about how the game seems to put an emphasis on shotguns being lethal up close, yet damage drop off at range. Though that wasn't the case until now. As it was, the attackers were at a disadvantage both up close and at range.

Talking about this as if it were a simulation as far as damage goes seems to be a fool's errand. The SCAR, G36, Capitao's .308, and all the other ARs should more than hold their own against shotguns in almost all situations except in a bedroom sized room.

Why we're just now seeing something done about semi-auto shotguns blows my mind but at least they're doing something.

KodaRuss

At some point we have to talk about how the game seems to put an emphasis on shotguns being lethal up close, yet damage drop off at range. Though that wasn't the case until now. As it was, the attackers were at a disadvantage both up close and at range.

Talking about this as if it were a simulation as far as damage goes seems to be a fool's errand. The SCAR, G36, Capitao's .308, and all the other ARs should more than hold their own against shotguns in almost all situations except in a bedroom sized room.

Why we're just now seeing something done about semi-auto shotguns blows my mind but at least they're doing something.

They have always had the drop off but it was just not enough. I think this is going to be a pretty big nerf and might change the game to less roamers which I believe would be a good thing.

Also, you have to be crazy to say that attackers were still at a disadvantage at range? With an ACOG alone they Attackers had the upperhand. Would a Valkryie get a lucky shot sometimes? Sure, but it still had to be fairly close but that is why her gun needed the nerf the most because she was always the culprit it seems.

However, I dont believe anyone was complaining about the range of Frosts or Caviera's shotguns.

Maybe this will make the pump actions more appealing but I already felt weak with the SAS pump at range because of the fire rate.

Blackbeard needs a nerf

-Take reduced damage if shot through shield
-Less shots to break shield

Rebuff Frost to where she was when first released

KodaRuss

Well i was looking at the table again and Caviera's shotgun damage is remaining the same and Kapkan's/Tachanka? is actually going up.

Caviera is losing accuracy while the Russian one is staying the same. None of them are getting large drops in damage after 20m though. At least from what they are showing on the table. The accuracy will affect that more than the damage drop off.

Dysun

Fuck off Pulse!

Blackbeard needs a nerf

-Take reduced damage if shot through shield
-Less shots to break shield

Rebuff Frost to where she was when first released

Blackbeard's shield is alright, it just needs to be more visible from range. Make it glow blue or something

Top Bottom