• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

KodaRuss

Anyone else feel the ability to shoot while/after vaulting through a barricade or a window is a little crazy sometimes?

I understand if you are swinging in on a rope you should be able to easily shoot in a corner but if you are in a vault it should be pretty difficult to accomplish especially if you are vaulting through a partially broken barricade.

I got killed in the meeting room on the plane instantly when an opposing player vaulted through the partially destroyed barricade. I never even saw any of his body on my screen, only heard the sound and immediately started shooting the entrance. His life bar showed that I probably hit him once and he got off a headshot on me. Probably didnt help that his ping was over 100.

It was just frustrating because there is no way I would have had the disadvantage there but I was downed instantly.

moai

shotguns needed to be nerfed. yesterday i was playing hostage on hereford and pulse was trapped in the second floor in the room with the bathtub. it was a 2 vs 1 situation so the other player took the hostage and i waited standing in the corner of the other side (across two rooms), aiming to the door where he was. he peeked and headshoted me.

Anyone else feel the ability to shoot while/after vaulting through a barricade or a window is a little crazy sometimes?

I understand if you are swinging in on a rope you should be able to easily shoot in a corner but if you are in a vault it should be pretty difficult to accomplish especially if you are vaulting through a partially broken barricade.

I got killed in the meeting room on the plane instantly when an opposing player vaulted through the partially destroyed barricade. I never even saw any of his body on my screen, only heard the sound and immediately started shooting the entrance. His life bar showed that I probably hit him once and he got off a headshot on me. Probably didnt help that his ping was over 100.

It was just frustrating because there is no way I would have had the disadvantage there but I was downed instantly.

I agree.

TheKeyPit

Banned
Same goes for shooting in general. Yesterday a Thermite shot me from some stairs. I've seen him turn to me and I was dead. Thought it was a headshot first, but the kill cam showed that he fired three bullets before he hit me. I've never even noticed these shots on my end.

andycapps

Same goes for shooting in general. Yesterday a Thermite shot me from some stairs. I've seen him turn to me and I was dead. Thought it was a headshot first, but the kill cam showed that he fired three bullets before he hit me. I've never even noticed these shots on my end.
Yeah that happens to me a lot as well. Just means the net code needs work. Surprises me because this game uses dedicated servers.

KodaRuss

Yeah that happens to me a lot as well. Just means the net code needs work. Surprises me because this game uses dedicated servers.

I have seen a lot of netcode issues lately. Got instakilled by Buck last night during a game. Didn't even hear a shot. Watching the killcam showed he fired twice with his shotgun to take me down.

The good news however, came back from a 0-3 hole to win on the bank last night to win 5-4. Felt so good.

HiiiLife

Blackbeards shield not breaking is silly. In custom matches I've unloaded so many shells into it just to see how long it'd take to crack and it took forever.

Nobody is gonna break his shield in an actual match.

TheKeyPit

Banned
Blackbeards shield not breaking is silly. In custom matches I've unloaded so many shells into it just to see how long it'd take to crack and it took forever.

C4 is your friend. Everyone with a shield deserves it.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Blackbeard is a garbage operator and should be removed/replaced. The person(s) responsible for him should publicly apologize and feel deep shame.

KodaRuss

Yeah, I shot Blackbeard within 1.5 meters in the shield 3-4 times with Valkyrie's shotgun. He took no damage and I was easily killed.

It they are going for some realism, Blackbeard would likely have broken both of his wrists trying to hold the weapon much less try to aim it and fire when that happened.

Anyway, It needs to be able to be destroyed and deteriorate quicker than it is.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I feel ike it should only remove the headshot multiplier. He should take damage through the shield. It would still be an advantage.

Same for Tachanka. His helmet should negate the HS multiplier. Would be a good (sensible) buff for him and his gadget.

KodaRuss

I like Blackbeard and I think he is necessary but his shield needs to be toned down a bit somehow.

Who do attackers fear: Pulse, and other semi auto shotguns (Both are getting a nerf)

Who do defenders fear: Blackbeard and thats kinda it (Maybe a good Capitao player but he only has 1 armor which evens him out I think).

With that in mind I would say Blackbeard needs a small nerf

TheKeyPit

Banned
They don't have to change anything about Blackbeard. C4 him, shoot at the rest of his body, flank him, do the same as you would against Blitz or Montagne.

Erban1

They don't have to change anything about Blackbeard. C4 him, shoot at the rest of his body, flank him, do the same as you would against Blitz or Montagne.

SHIIIIEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Until the asshole is hanging from a window then you're screwed, even worse when you're playing during the day where all you can see is a silhouette of a person and by the time you realize you're hitting a shield you're already dead. His shield needs a nerf, because in the right places he's almost unstoppable. I understand his utility is to lock down a room, but in certain objective rooms its impossible to get close enough to take the shield down easily with a shotgun or get off a decent c4 throw. At that point unless you're playing a complete scrub you're not going to get off 30+ rounds into the shield to destroy it before you're dead.

Montagne or Blitz have to drop their shield to get a well aimed shot off, which gives you the opportunity to headshot them. The only downside to blackbeard is his speed, which in the hands of a smart player isn't a huge issue. It could be as simple as placing a small space in the middle of the shield that allows bullets through, at least that rewards good aim for anyone on defense. Something needs to change though, as of now Blackbeard is the only operator i dread running into.

andycapps

The difference between Blackbeard and Blitz or Montagne is that he has a very powerful assault rifle strapped to it that he can ADS without exposing his head.

Fury451

Banned
I think I might have to shelve this, after about 30 hours played.

After significantly improving my ability to play I found myself in a ton more clutch moments. I did a 1 v 4 and I felt like my heart was going to explode. Every other match I feel like I'm having an anxiety attack.

I just can't keep it up.

Yep. Game is scarier than any horror game I've played. I get legit anxiety some matches; a buddy of mine is always making fun of me, but he's usually one of the first to die so he just doesn't get it.

#SiegeProblems

I always die fairly quickly as Blackbeard when facing a player that knows how to counter him, which is basically "aim low". His gun also has quite a kick and his main AR has 20 rounds so he's easily overwhelmed when he's reloading. Don't see the need for a nerf myself.

He can be quite good with window peeking, but even then if I slip up for a second I die pretty regularly with some well-placed shots (even when it doesn't look like they should be hitting my body).

Theecliff

Banned
anybody? :'(
so does anyone wanna play on PS4 and help a complete noobie out? 😅

watched a few YouTube videos, played a few situations and a few proper matches with randoms but i feel like this is the sort of game that is way funner with a group of people communicating properly. i'm kinda a little bit too self-conscious to use my mic with a bunch of mute randoms so it'd be nice to go into a game with a few people in a party

damnit bottom of the page

Khronico

Been playing this on PS4 for a while now but I need some folks to play with (randos just aren't reliable enough :v)

I'm rubricmarine on PSN if y'all PS4 Siege players want to add me.

HiiiLife

The difference between Blackbeard and Blitz or Montagne is that he has a very powerful assault rifle strapped to it that he can ADS without exposing his head.

Yep. And with how important headshots are in this game, you're basically fucked. Unless he's a really shitty Blackbeard lol.

TheKeyPit

Banned
Bought my second 25.000 renown operator "Frost".

When someone walks into your trap:
yEEUuuB.gif

Alienous

And, at least on consoles, it can be difficult to realize you're facing down a Blackbeard at a distance. And by the time you've seen that second white hitmarker you've given him all the opportunity he needs to return a headshot.

I find them very hard to outplay. It tends to be a blanket firefight advantage to smart Blackbeard player, and no other players (except perhaps Pulse) has an ability that impacts the heart of the game that much.

Bought my second 25.000 renown operator "Frost".

When someone walks into your trap:
http://i.imgur.com/yEEUuuB.gif

Have you placed a trap under a destructible opening in a ceiling?

With 30 seconds left in a round it works like poetry.

Just making his sheild have a blue outline around the outside would solve the visibility problem for Blackbeard. Other than that, I don't think he should be nerfed at all.

Alienous

Just making his sheild have a blue outline around the outside would solve the visibility problem for Blackbeard. Other than that, I don't think he should be nerfed at all.

Yeah, that was what I thought while playing. Like a neon trim.

If that's too ridiculous looking maybe hitting the shield should increase Blackbeard's recoil tempoarily (what with the gun & shield getting knocked around with bullets). It'd mean that Blackbeard's shield would be more protective than offensive, as it is currently.

HiiiLife

I never thought visibility was a problem. If there's a Blackbeard on attack, which is usually the case, I'm gonna assume his shield is always on regardless of distance. Just the durability of it is what bugs me. If it cracks more often I'd be a lot more satisfied with how he's balanced.

Alienous

I never thought visibility was a problem. If there's a Blackbeard on attack, which is usually the case, I'm gonna assume his shield is always on regardless of distance. Just the durability of it is what bugs me. If it cracks more often I'd be a lot more satisfied with how he's balanced.

Yeah, but you aren't facing a team of Blackbeards. So if you see someone peeking around the corner at a distance there's a good chance that they aren't Blackbeard, in which case returning fire is a good idea. But when it is Blackbeard, and you don't know in advance, it's easy to lose a firefight.

I don't tend to have a problem when I recognise him. I can avoid him, try to flank him, but it's easy not to engage him. It's those times when I fire at movement and see a white hitmarker, and realize I've not only given away my position without doing any damage, but I've also given Blackbeard a good opportunity to headshot me.

Is the any reason why BB's shield has to be transparent at all? Instead of "bulletproof glass" make it opaque, limiting visibility to a cutout for his optics/ironsights. In addition to limiting his peripheral vision, it would also be more visible from a distance.

Gaz_RB

After significantly improving my ability to play I found myself in a ton more clutch moments. I did a 1 v 4 and I felt like my heart was going to explode. Every other match I feel like I'm having an anxiety attack.

I just can't keep it up.

That's the kind of stuff that keeps me coming back to this game.

I just can't keep it up.

It's been said in this thread, but Siege is one of the best horror games I've ever played.

TheKeyPit

Banned

Wouldn't change anything for the situations that most here fear; him hanging at a window from the outside where you don't see sh** from the inside.

I'm really excited for the Japanese operators. Hoping they aren't roamers tho.

Looking at Pulse they'll probably add someone who gets aim assist...

CrayToes

Can't wait for the shotgun + pulse nerf later on today.

If anyone is looking to team up on PS4, add me. My PSN ID is bigmanpackerfan. I'd like to think I'm pretty good at the game.

Alienous

Operator ideas, I really want an attacker who can hack into and loop defender's cameras.

How cool would it be to send a camera on loop for 4 seconds and sprint down a corridor. It'd present an alternative to shooting them.

CrayToes

Operator ideas, I really want an attacker who can hack into and loop defender's cameras.

How cool would it be to send a camera on loop for 4 seconds and sprint down a corridor. It'd present an alternative to shooting them.

On the other had, a defender who has a drone? Or maybe a defender who can lay trip wires that let out a loud noise when triggered to alert the defensive team of their position.

Alienous

On the other had, a defender who has a drone? Or maybe a defender who can lay trip wires that let out a loud noise when triggered to alert the defensive team of their position.

I was actually thinking about an attacker getting a flying reconnaissance drone.

Having a defender who can lay trip wires that alarm when triggered might be good. It'd be a good contrast to Frost with regards to Kapkan. I find defender ideas much more difficult.

flkraven

Was talking to my brother about possible Blackbeard changes. What if instead of 1 shield, he had like 2 or 3 but they broke after like 3-5 shots? He would have to use it tactically and couldn't just lean on it staring through a window. It would actually give him some incentive to play without one until it's need too.

Welp, tried to test out this new update and ended up getting into a match with a Harambe clan, who then kicked me.

And in this next game I just joined I think I found their missing 5th teammate.

TheKeyPit

Banned
A friend thought that a defender with dummies would be cool. You could position them according to your stance "standing/crouched/prone" and they would aim their gun in the direction you were looking. They would look like your teammates or like a recruit.

Top Bottom