• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

flkraven

A friend thought that a defender with dummies would be cool. You could position them according to your stance "standing/crouched/prone" and they would aim their gun in the direction you were looking. They would look like your teammates or like a recruit.

Very cool idea

HiiiLife

A defender...that can cut rappelling ropes lol.

And an attacker who doesn't take fall damage. In fact, a shockwave shoots out when he lands Deus Ex style

I have a quick question for all the Siege players here, a couple of my friends have started to play it and I would like to join in, however they all have the Season Pass/Gold Edition. Since I don't want to spend that much money right now, how much would I limit my friends when I group up with them if I just buy the base-game without the Season Pass for now?

Alienous

I have a quick question for all the Siege players here, a couple of my friends have started to play it and I would like to join in, however they all have the Season Pass/Gold Edition. Since I don't want to spend that much money right now, how much would I limit my friends when I group up with them if I just buy the base-game without the Season Pass for now?

Not at all. All maps are free to all players with the base game. You'll be able to play with your friends freely.

My balance idea: Thatcher's emp grenade instantly kills pulse anywhere on the map.

I'm salty af right now

That's such a great idea. I literally love it.

The only way I'd improve upon your idea is that when any character, Attacker or Defender, shoots anywhere at all, they kill Pulse. I'm just spitballin'.

Erban1

That's such a great idea. I literally love it.

The only way I'd improve upon your idea is that when any character, Attacker or Defender, shoots anywhere at all, they kill Pulse. I'm just spitballin'.

Fair compromise as long as i can make Blackbeard's shield self destruct with one shot

UBI Please

HiiiLife

I'm surprised people use Doc still. Rarely ever see him on Xbox.

Ubi needs to quit playing around and give the dude a first aid kit instead of a revive shot

I've played for like 100 hours and I have never once been revived by a doc, and I haven't even seen someone else be revived by a doc.

I always sigh when my teammates pick him. If you pick rook instead all you have to do is press r1 at the beginning of the round and you just contributed more than any doc ever has.

HiiiLife

Yep can honestly say since I've played this game over both consoles, I've never been on a defender team and been like, "wow we could really use a doc!!"

Been reviving, and getting revived just fine without him.

I think a health pack would be a lot more useful.

Sure the whole shoot the foot through a wall with your sidearm CAN work, but give the dude a different ability dammit.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
I've been playing Doc off and on in my recent sessions, actually. I'm sure there's a certain amount of luck involved in my usefulness during a round, but I average at least one dart-revive a round. He's still very situational though, and could probably use a rework to his ability to make him a more tempting pick.

Auctopus

Now that we're off-season in Overwatch, I've come back to Siege to hopefully reach Level 50 (Currently at 44).

I was nervous about going in to my placement matches but I've been wrecking, frankly. I forgot how useful an aggressive playstyle is. 90% of the time if you advance on a player after a brief firefight instead of retreating like most players, you can surprise them and get the kill.

Only played one hostage rescue in the Favela map, seemed confusing.

moai

doc's ability is worthless, but the gun that he uses with an acog is used a lot by players that go out or break windows and snipe attackers. it has no recoil.

Fury451

Banned
I'm surprised people use Doc still. Rarely ever see him on Xbox.

Ubi needs to quit playing around and give the dude a first aid kit instead of a revive shot

He's not that useful in multiplayer imo unless someone is playing Rook also and everyone actually uses the armor, because then you actually have a chance to revive someone; but he is invaluable when defending in terrorist hunt, especially on hard and realistic.

I wouldn't mind his injector being used to heal like 10 or maybe 15 damage though in addition to revive.

Yeah Doc needs a buff. Is IQ good yet?

Her weapon selection makes her very good imo. She's a character that really needs to be integrated with the team to be effective though, and most people I've seen play her tend to run solo and get killed quickly.

flkraven

What if there was an attacker that could jam wireless cellular or radar signals? Could work against pulse and nitro cells in a certain area around that player. Heck, give that guy a shield too!

KodaRuss

Waiting for somebody to say that's totally normal.

Ill bite, so far it seems that the shotgun nerf has not done that much to nerf them from my game experience, I played a few games last night as Valkyrie and I would say it was a small nerf at best, I think I saved a video last night that I will upload late tonight where I downed a lot of people instead of killing them.

In this gif they are aiming down the sites on both shots against a 1 armor operator.

It is kinda hard to tell the range on it because Valkyrie ran away before the ping disappeared and Ash moved away from the door slightly so I would guess it is somewhere around 18 meters. We dont know what exactly the damage is at 18 meters so lets round up to 22 meters.

At 22 meters the gun is supposed to do 12 points of damage per shot. Valkyrie shot twice and each shot has 8 pellets per shot. So if every pellet hit Ash it would do a total of 192 damage, almost enough to kill her twice over. I cant seem to find the armor value negation again but there is no way that it would have negated enough damage to keep her alive.

How many pellets hit Ash? it is really impossible to tell from the gif but I will say Valkyrie was kneeling, not moving and was ADS for both shots increasing her accuracy. She was aiming at her chest which would give the best chance to hit with all pellets but lets be conservative and say only 5 of the 8 pellets hit her each time. That is still 120 points of damage, probably enough to kill her with a 1 armor score.

What is supposed to be normal? Ill say it again, shotguns cannot be completely useless at range but this is still indoors and most likely well under 25 meters.

In this scenario the nerf would have hardly affected the outcome. The damage stayed the same at 22m from before the nerf. The only difference is when you ADS this shotgun you get a .5% accuracy penalty added on from before the nerf.

If you are ADSing with a shotgun, kneeling while both you and your opponent is completely stationary/spinning around in place and you aim squarely at the chest, this is the outcome I would expect.

It also wouldn't be the first time when they released a patch but part of the new functionality didn't work. Have they commented yet?

Of course not. We have to wait another month before hearing from them again. You know Ubi, one patch every month whether there are game breaking bugs or not.

Jarrod38

Oh the randomis that Siege is anymore. First my team loses someone and his spot never gets filled but the other team they kick two team killers but their spots get filled right away. On top of that I empyty a magazine into a defender doesn't die but they one shot me.

Top Bottom