• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Ok, I'm trying to be positive here but I can't do it.

Once again, in a ranked match, players leave, game has an aneurysm, we all get kicked one by one "due to inactivity". This has been a problem since the beginning. Man, they really do put out a ton of great post-launch support. /s

Y'all can keep your positivity. These devs are the most incompetent group of clowns I've ever seen.

Edit: Now we can't join a ranked game because "a member of your squad is currently in another match" but it will let us play Casual. Makes total sense.

TheKeyPit

Banned

Once again, in a ranked match, players leave, game has an aneurysm, we all get kicked one by one "due to inactivity". This has been a problem since the beginning. Man, they really do put out a ton of great post-launch support. /s

Y'all can keep your positivity. These devs are the most incompetent group of clowns I've ever seen.

Edit: Now we can't join a ranked game because "a member of your squad is currently in another match" but it will let us play Casual. Makes total sense.

Someone from your squad was banned from ranked matchmaking for 15 minutes.

Two days ago I played ranked with friends and I was kicked, because of a 30-seconds slow-connection spike. Couldn't rejoin, because they put a 15 minute ban on me. What the fuck? The game kicks me, because my connection went to shit for less than a minute and then rewards me with a matchmaking ban. FU.

Dysun

Have this happen to me at least once a week

Someone from your squad was banned from ranked matchmaking for 15 minutes.

Two days ago I played ranked with friends and I was kicked, because of a 30-seconds slow-connection spike. Couldn't rejoin, because they put a 15 minute ban on me. What the fuck? The game kicks me, because my connection went to shit for less than a minute and then rewards me with a matchmaking ban. FU.

Yeah, but it wasn't that this time. Usually it tells me about the punishment.

Have this happen to me at least once a week

Stuff is maddening.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I'm starting to get into this game - I've had time for a few matches this weekend and it's hooked me. I have no idea what I'm doing but this is the most tense shooter I've played in years.

Any tips for a new guy?

Alienous

Are there any DLC operators I should bother unlocking? I have Frost, and she's pretty fun to use. I don't think I'll get Blackbeard, as he's popular and due for a nerf. Caveira doesn't seem to suit how I play. So that leaves Capitao, Buck and Valkyrie, and I'm not sure I want any of them.

Are there any DLC operators I should bother unlocking? I have Frost, and she's pretty fun to use. I don't think I'll get Blackbeard, as he's popular and due for a nerf. Caveira doesn't seem to suit how I play. So that leaves Capitao, Buck and Valkyrie, and I'm not sure I want any of them.

Valk and Buck are pretty usefull generally.

Buck with his shotgun and grenade combo allows for some creative stuff.

HiiiLife

Valk.

And with how nerfs work in this game (shotguns STILL killing from a football field away) I think you'll be good to get Blackbeard.

Alienous

Valk and Buck are pretty usefull generally.

Buck with his shotgun and grenade combo allows for some creative stuff.

Valk.

And with how nerfs work in this game (shotguns STILL killing from a football field away) I think you'll be good to get Blackbeard.

Thanks.

I have a DLC defender in Frost, so I might go with Buck. I'm liking the idea of putting a hole in a wall and chucking a grenade in. Valkyrie is a pretty popular pick, useful as hell when you have her.

Fury451

Banned

The two new ones don't suit my play styles, but Valkyrie, Blackbeard, and Buck are all highly useful.

If you could only get one, get Buck. Shotgun opens up new firing lines, and he has frags. Valkyrie is a good second as she is almost OP with her shotgun, and if you use her cameras well she's very useful.

Blackbeard is also fantastic if you know how to use him.

Alienous

The two new ones don't suit my play styles, but Valkyrie, Blackbeard, and Buck are all highly useful.

If you could only get one, get Buck. Shotgun opens up new firing lines, and he has frags. Valkyrie is a good second as she is almost OP with her shotgun, and if you use her cameras well she's very useful.

Blackbeard is also fantastic if you know how to use him.

Thanks.

Yeah, I think I'll go with Buck. Blackbeard's too popular, Valkyrie would be my second DLC defender and I'd like an attacker, and Caviera doesn't suit the way I play (and is super popular anyway).

Be warned, Buck's AR has a real kick to it.

I'll try starting at the chest and letting the recoil carry me up to the head.

HiiiLife

I pretty much always Rook because of this. No matter how bad I play in a given night, I gave pretty sweaters and I'll probably pick off at least one person.

Rook players the real mvp.

Unlike some Caveira / Pulse roamers who don't do anything for the team. No, not even calling out people at least. Can ya believe that

Rook players the real mvp.

Unlike some Caveira / Pulse roamers who don't do anything for the team. No, not even calling out people at least. Can ya believe that

It comes down to the player, really. I very often wipe the floor with the enemy team as Caveira (and with Pulse before they buffed him because I felt too OP lol), the problem arises when you get the majority of your team roaming with only one or two left cowering in the objective haha, THAT'S frustrating.

HiiiLife

It comes down to the player, really. I very often wipe the floor with the enemy team as Caveira (and with Pulse before they buffed him because I felt too OP lol), the problem arises when you get the majority of your team roaming with only one or two left cowering in the objective haha, THAT'S frustrating.

I party up with my brother and he's usually the only person there on the obj so I'm def guilty of this lol. But when I'm roaming I at least try to communicate, me and my brother are usually the only ones with a mic so we do all we can.

So I platinum'D the game a while ago on the PS4. Decided to pick it up for the Xbox One and omg are the visuals awful. I know the game isn't setting any bars on its graphics but why does the XBO version look like a pixelated horror show?

Sooo what's the consensus on Caveira?

Been waiting for Serenity to post a vid but he's slippin

Great operator. As I said before, she really suits my play-style and can single-handedly turn the tide of a round with her ability. That said, I really hope the defender in the next DLC drop is a great DEFENSIVE operator and works well near the objective.

Vorheez

Great operator. As I said before, she really suits my play-style and can single-handedly turn the tide of a round with her ability. That said, I really hope the defender in the next DLC drop is a great DEFENSIVE operator and works well near the objective.
Cool cool, I'll grab her next then

XBP

Been thinking about picking this up. How is the player population on PC?

Its great. Can always find matches without any problems. There are still some matchmaking issues with the game but nothing too conerning. Once you reach a certain level (100+) you might start seeing the same people play the game every day but this doesn't happen at lower levels.

Alienous

I tend to think defensive play works best when most of the players are roaming. Perhaps just two players on opposite sides of the objective room.

It gives you a chance to thin the ranks of the enemy team so that the defenders on the objective have to deal with fewer players with fewer health. If as a roamer you get a kill, that helps the team a ton. If you die you get valuable information about where players are approaching from, and hopefully dealt some damage. And hiding your position is paramount in Siege, so it's easiest to attack from unexpected angles when you are away from the objective.

When you have the majority of players on the objective someone usually gets shot through a window for being curious and feeling safe with their team around them. And trying to navigate out of a barricaded room will probably get you killed, whereas having 3 or so roamers generally allows at least one of them to make their way back to the objective, and kill players who are focusing on getting into the room.

HiiiLife

My game has been glitching lately. My rook plates vanishing as soon I put them down, not being able to crouch the whole game, mute charges just vanishing, drones falling through the floor. The fuck.

I tend to think defensive play works best when most of the players are roaming. Perhaps just two players on opposite sides of the objective room.

It gives you a chance to thin the ranks of the enemy team so that the defenders on the objective have to deal with fewer players with fewer health. If as a roamer you get a kill, that helps the team a ton. If you die you get valuable information about where players are approaching from, and hopefully dealt some damage. And hiding your position is paramount in Siege, so it's easiest to attack from unexpected angles when you are away from the objective.

When you have the majority of players on the objective someone usually gets shot through a window for being curious and feeling safe with their team around them. And trying to navigate out of a barricaded room will probably get you killed, whereas having 3 or so roamers generally allows at least one of them to make their way back to the objective, and kill players who are focusing on getting into the room.

I get annoyed when there are 3 roamers because it usually means that half of the walls aren't reinforced.

Alienous

I get annoyed when there are 3 roamers because it usually means that half of the walls aren't reinforced.

That's true. If I roam I try to make sure I reinforce the two most obvious walls, and lay down my gadgets, before I bounce.

But I'm amazed by how often I'll see a team stay in the room. The name of the game in Rainbow Six Siege is hiding your position, and once that objective room is surrounded there's a good chance most of the people inside will die.

KodaRuss

My game has been glitching lately. My rook plates vanishing as soon I put them down, not being able to crouch the whole game, mute charges just vanishing, drones falling through the floor. The fuck.

Been seeing some weird crap as well. Grenade bounced off an open destroyed destroyed wall to kill the thrower and one of our teammates.

Thermite breached a reinforced wall and on my screen it was only destroyed on one side. He breached another reinforced wall next to it and there was no problem. This kind of thing is expected with siege though

Fracas

#fuckonami

Reinforceable walls have been glowing solid red for me. Like the texture isn't loading or something.

Top Bottom