• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

HiiiLife

Large scale warfare never brought the tension Siege has in a shooter, honestly. R6 just feels so much more intimate.

I hope a sequel can actually bring in fancy intros like the demo chopper rappel, night battles (flashlights and NVG ftw) and a campaign. I think the sequel will be huge.

HiiiLife

I thought a snow map rogue spear style would be cool but the magic of the game is spent indoors, so don't think snowstorms would work lol.

It's been so long since I played it.

How long do y'all think until we get a R6 on the same tech level as the E3 demo? Neo/Scorpio capable?

Maybe depends on the cpu? I hope we get expanded destruction with the next entry, I am really excited to see what they do actually. The game has been amazingly successful for Ubi, so hopefully they get all the time/budget that they need for the sequel.

Dysun

Large scale warfare never brought the tension Siege has in a shooter, honestly. R6 just feels so much more intimate.

I hope a sequel can actually bring in fancy intros like the demo chopper rappel, night battles (flashlights and NVG ftw) and a campaign. I think the sequel will be huge.

I completely agree. Felt zero tension playing Battlefield 1 and now I've realized how much less exciting it is in return

I completely agree. Felt zero tension playing Battlefield 1 and now I've realized how much less exciting it is in return

While I do get a nice adrenaline rush from intense rounds of Battlefield, I get straight up heart palpations from Siege lol, never have felt like that recently, not since rainbow six rogue spear lol. That 1 life/no respawn makes a huuuge difference with the tension involved.

HiiiLife

Joined a ranked in progress. Voted out before I even got to pick operator.

Suspended for "abandoning"

I love this game but damn Ubisoft is full of idiots for this shit. Design a system that detects and removes cheaters, but ban the players who aren't toxic. Good job Ubi.

I'm loving the BF1 beta, and I've been the only person I've encountered with a shotgun (Model 10) and I absolutely destroy with it, so much fun. That said, there's room for both it and the slow paced and tension filled Siege style.

OT, I too have noticed that the latest patch made something questionable happen to networking and perhaps hit boxes. Don't want to mistakingly fall to confirmation bias though, it could very well be something else or just a placebo based on the fact that there WAS a recent patch :p

K.Sabot

So I attempt to log into uplay after not playing for a while and it appears someone stole my uplay account and put a google authenticator on it somehow...

Been encountering this annoying thing lately where lone wolves in bomb will run off on their own and plant the bomb while the rest of the team is on the other side of the map, leaving the rest of us to scramble to get there before they defuse it.

flkraven

Battlefield 1 is the game I play with my girlfriend, my bro, bro's GF, and casual gamer friends. So much fun messing around and pulling off good 'set piece' moments.

Then when everyone goes to bed I play the real game: Siege.

So what exactly do I get with the season pass?

The wording is odd...7 day early access for 8 new operators...does this mean I don't actually get any new operators past the 7 days?

Are there even 8 operators out as DLC?

LAM09

So what exactly do I get with the season pass?

The wording is odd...7 day early access for 8 new operators...does this mean I don't actually get any new operators past the 7 days?

Are there even 8 operators out as DLC?

All new operators are unlocked and available to use 7 days before non-season pass holders (6 DLC operators out ATM). Two more are being released in November IIRC.

You also get an xp boost with the season pass after every match.

All new operators are unlocked and available to use 7 days before non-season pass holders (6 DLC operators out ATM). Two more are being released in November IIRC.

You also get an xp boost with the season pass after every match.

OK, so I don't have to buy them with renown AFTER the 7 days right?

Man Ubi better patch this nonsense real soon. Hit registration is ridiculous.. Game crashes at least once a hour. I keep coming back even when its like this cause its a amazing game but damn. This is getting annoying

Ardenyal

I have the US version of the game.

Is it possible to buy the european season pass to have that on my main account, is it compatible with the US version of the game?

Auctopus

How the hell do you even buy the season pass? I've been trying for weeks but I swear it's not on the store, just the Gold Edition.

Embearded

Today i was playing a casual match and a couple of idiots in our team were killing us as soon as we spawned. I ask one of them why they did it and he said a poor excuse. After doing it again i reported him and told him that i did it and his answer was "U mad?".

I have 2 videos with him killing the team members. Please tell me there is a way to send those videos to Ubisoft so they can do something....

flkraven

Today i was playing a casual match and a couple of idiots in our team were killing us as soon as we spawned. I ask one of them why they did it and he said a poor excuse. After doing it again i reported him and told him that i did it and his answer was "U mad?".

I have 2 videos with him killing the team members. Please tell me there is a way to send those videos to Ubisoft so they can do something....

And yet the question remains unanswered. Are you, in fact, mad?

any Xbox players I can add? ✌

Sure go ahead add me

ElzarTheBam

I play with my bro most nights

flkRaven

If you have a reddit account, try PMing this fellow with the video: https://www.reddit.com/user/Its_Epi

He's the Community Manager for Siege.

He's the one who committed this bit of savagery: https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/c..._multiple_cheating_offenses/d74cyik?context=3

HiiiLife

Ubisoft don't care about our problems

Ardenyal

I've been reading the recent praise for this game and am interested. Is this a game that's popular on PC, console, or both?

The praise is for the game, do take into account that the community is extremely toxic. Game is popular on all platforms it seems.

Game is totally broken tonight for us. Won't even search for a game. Does the usual validating multiplayer privileges bullshit then returns to the main menu. T-Hunt is the same.

Top Bottom