• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

I've been really positive about this game recently, but I'm getting a ton of bugs now, and the matchmaking feels like it is getting worse by the day.

The praise is for the game, do take into account that the community is extremely toxic. Game is popular on all platforms it seems.

The community is toxic?
Compared to pretty much every other mp game I have played this Gen I would say R6 has had the best community so far

If you like team killers, votekickers and ragequitter team mates then sure R6S is just the best.

Basically all things that stop being real problems once you enter silver ranked league...from my experience anyways...additionally getting into silver inst too hard if you arnt doing those things

Auctopus

It's just semantics but I'd argue that the playerbase has a toxic segment but the community (people who post on forums and use mics etc.) is pretty damn good and helpful.

Also, in agreement with the other poster, I've only experience TKing once or twice in a casual match. As soon as I'm ranked, I have great matches.

It's just a shame that matchmaking is total shit. As in the technical aspect.

Ardenyal

Why even play casual?
Whats the incentive?

Learning maps, camera locations and usual strategies. I got up to gold in ranked with just "dont be dumb and make the heads go pop". The competition seems a bit tougher than bronze / silver so I played casual and terr hunt this weekend. Obviously things didn't go smoothly; three matches in a row with the usual fuckery until i turned the game off.

Ranked has been free of teamkillers and votekickers but then you have people dropping out after just one round which isn't fun either when faced with plats/diamonds.

moai

Lately ive noticed a spike rank in teams that we face on casual, we get matched with level 150-200 and get demolished because we have to new players levels 1-20. Will ranked get more balanced matches for us?

Vorheez

Why even play casual?
Whats the incentive?
I only play casual. I can play without a mic and not feel bad. It also doesn't require my full attention because it's not overly competitive, which allows me to relax and enjoy my time. As much as the competitive nature of the game is great, I mostly play it for the pure enjoyment and uniqueness of the gameplay. I also work with people for a living and have no desire to talk to strangers in the evening during my free time.

On a side note, I genuinely think Buck is the most dangerous attacker. He is a taaaank

Pachimari

I think I'm gonna wait for bug fixes and the matchmaking to get better before jumping back in. I really want to spend much more time on this game, as I have been waiting for a good Rainbow Six title since Raven Shield, but it's hard to shuffle my time between Overwatch, Final Fantasy XIV and this.

I keep saying I need to play ranked but I've always just played casual since I basically only solo queue.

That was me, but I was getting sick of casual people so just started playing ranked on my own. There are lots of solo people, and barely any mics still. So just play it if you want a bit more of a challenge and higher stakes.

On topic: The first page of this OT is pretty negative but in hindsight also funny.

Also on topic: I'm on a six game win streak on rank (granted that I'm only gold), but 5 of those have been with 1 person down through all rounds. Feels good man.

Also on topic: Ody, don't make me team kill you.

Auctopus

Without sounding like a dick, I remember when I started playing that I'd always feel lucky if we had someone on our side who could carry a team.

Being the person who can save a team from being 3 v. 1 down is a really good feeling now.

Has anyone gotten the survey hinting at Year 2?
Videogamer

• Uniforms
  • 1 exclusive skin per month
  • exclusive customization

Which of these is more important to you?

Uhh, none of those particularly draw me towards another season pass. Frankly, if there is another one I'll jump on it because I feel like I should support them for making the game great value already. I think the ability to earn, or even just a monthly allowance or something, of R6 credits would be good. That said, tasteful uniforms could be cool. Nothing too wacky.

My main concern with changing appearances too much is that it may alter the ability to recognize specific Operators/silhouettes. I feel like that's a pretty important aspect of the game.

KodaRuss

God damn, I am just not meant to play this game for the past 5-6 days. Either Siege servers are down, I am busy/tired whatever or PSN is down. I can download crap but cant get on the servers right now

Anyone else getting the bug where victory by surrender makes you get the synchronising data bug where you get no xp, renown or rank points?

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
Made it to Diamond finally on Xbox. Not an easy climb at all. I think the shotgun rebalance helped get me over the top.

To anyone who's doing that shit without a XIM, you guys are savage psycho murder monsters!

Top Bottom