• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Vorheez

I have Frost, Blackbeard and Valk so far and I would recommend Valk the most..

I almost have 50k should I buy any of the others? or just wait for the second set of operators?
I think Buck is the most lethal attacker, so maybe get him. I use him almost exclusively

Rocketz

Lots of quitters and team killers today in quick play. It's not fun to win a game when the last round is 5v2 multiple times because of a griefer. Wasn't my team but still frustrating.

That 15 minutes for your first offense needs to be longer. This stuff needs to be squashed.

Well, shit. I've had a copy of this game (PS4) for a few weeks now, and after all the articles about how great it is, watching a few streams, and playing through about half of the situations, I decided to hop in.

Is...Terrorist Hunt just full of team-killing assholes? I thought it would give me a good feel for the game and Attack characters, but I feel like three of the four games I've played so far just start with half the team unloading into the other half.

I'll hop into the regular multiplayer soon enough, but if it's the same situation there, fuck. I don't have a crew or anything to play with, so I gotta rely on the kindness (or lack thereof) of randos. If this is the state the community is in, I'm kinda regretting picking this up.

Well, shit. I've had a copy of this game (PS4) for a few weeks now, and after all the articles about how great it is, watching a few streams, and playing through about half of the situations, I decided to hop in.

Is...Terrorist Hunt just full of team-killing assholes? I thought it would give me a good feel for the game and Attack characters, but I feel like three of the four games I've played so far just start with half the team unloading into the other half.

I'll hop into the regular multiplayer soon enough, but if it's the same situation there, fuck. I don't have a crew or anything to play with, so I gotta rely on the kindness (or lack thereof) of randos. If this is the state the community is in, I'm kinda regretting picking this up.
Happens from time to time especially in casual. My advice is to go in with a party. That way it's just a group of friends in a match than some randoms they match you with.

Is it worth it to get the gold edition for $45 or should I just go for the regular at $20?

I think now that the game has been out for a while and we know all the DLC operators are pretty strong it's worth getting the Gold Edition. I didn't jump on it initially because I wasn't sure of the worth when you couldn't spend reknown on anything OTHER than the operators, but now I think it's more worthwhile to buy season pass and use reknown on cosmetics :)

I think now that the game has been out for a while and we know all the DLC operators are pretty strong it's worth getting the Gold Edition. I didn't jump on it initially because I wasn't sure of the worth when you couldn't spend reknown on anything OTHER than the operators, but now I think it's more worthwhile to buy season pass and use reknown on cosmetics :)

I was thinking about the gold version since I don't have nearly enough time to get the renown to unlock the operators. Growing up is hard!

Vorheez

I've casually brought this up twice now hoping it would spark discussion but it didn't work...

Who is the most lethal attacker? Do we agree it's Buck?

thenexus6

VSd6BSl.jpg

God I hate defending here. Almost every single team mate gets picked off by Glaz every damn time. I just had a game, doing well and eventually lost the match because of terrible rounds in this room.

I've casually brought this up twice now hoping it would spark discussion but it didn't work...

For me it's fuze. I either use the ak12 or the sheild. After playing blitz for a long time and "discovering" fuze's shield as viavble after writing it off for not being as good as the others it was really refreshing to use his pistol and only have to shoot the enemies around 4 times before they're injured or dead. If you set up a trap with your cluster charges and use them in unison with a breach charge or another attacķer, you can almost guarantee a kill. Plus, using fuze's ak12 means you can use arguably the best sight in the game (excluding acog).

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
I'm interested in this game and am wondering if i should pick up the Gold release instead of the base release.
Basically, how important is the season pass? Gold is on clearance at BB and is a couple of bucks cheaper than buying the base game + season pass so if i truly need the pass I'll just get that.

I'm interested in this game and am wondering if i should pick up the Gold release instead of the base release.
Basically, how important is the season pass? Gold is on clearance at BB and is a couple of bucks cheaper than buying the base game + season pass so if i truly need the pass I'll just get that.

I had the same question. I went ahead and bought the gold edition. I don't have enough time to get 25k for each operator. Majority of the operators have been released now so I feel better about getting the gold edition. Really up to you if you think you'll put in enough time to get value at the price you buy it at.

It didn't spark discussion because you just said he's the most lethal without giving any reasoning so it'll just turn into "who is your favorite operator"

Also get the gold edition people

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
I had the same question. I went ahead and bought the gold edition. I don't have enough time to get 25k for each operator. Majority of the operators have been released now so I feel better about getting the gold edition. Really up to you if you think you'll put in enough time to get value at the price you buy it at.
so all the operators are unlockable for free if you grind enough, gotcha. the wording on the season pass description is pretty confusing to me:
"7-day exclusive access to 8 all-new Operators that you can instantly add to your roster"

and it looks like there aren't any maps included?

LAM09

so all the operators are unlockable for free if you grind enough, gotcha. the wording on the season pass description is pretty confusing to me:
"7-day exclusive access to 8 all-new Operators that you can instantly add to your roster"

and it looks like there aren't any maps included?

All maps are available to everyone for free.

so I was playing a match, next round should start has a black screen.

Exit out of the game, it is then deleted? what the hell?

Wouldn't complain but my download speed isn't exactly fast and takes 8 plus hours to d/l again I suppose but why in the world would that happen?

Erban1

Or blackbeard...but Buck's combo of grenades and the shotgun attachment is pretty lethal in the right hands. Buck was probably designed to play that role...his ability is one that has no real benefit to the team as a whole. He's also more useful now that the meta has shifted to more roamers on defense so his gadget is much more useful for clearing rooms headed towards the objective.

HiiiLife

which def. is best for long distance shooting? and gun

I don't like just sitting around

For defense Jagers carbine. It's possible to "pull off" his feats slapping an acog on the Mac11 and MP5 or any other SMG for that matter, but the carbine is probably the best guaranteed long distance gun on defense.

For defense Jagers carbine. It's possible to "pull off" his feats slapping an acog on the Mac11 and MP5 or any other SMG for that matter, but the carbine is probably the best guaranteed long distance gun on defense.

I'll try it after I get the patch d/l again.

I like to rush doors and windows on the assualt but its obviously harder to hit them than it is for them to hit me with better long distance guns so have to be fast and get out of harms way.

Will see how it works out, im not much of a shotty guy either unless I know we will be stuck inside

Vorheez

For me it's fuze. I either use the ak12 or the sheild. After playing blitz for a long time and "discovering" fuze's shield as viavble after writing it off for not being as good as the others it was really refreshing to use his pistol and only have to shoot the enemies around 4 times before they're injured or dead. If you set up a trap with your cluster charges and use them in unison with a breach charge or another attacķer, you can almost guarantee a kill. Plus, using fuze's ak12 means you can use arguably the best sight in the game (excluding acog).
I never use shield guys because I don't like how slow and methodical they are. I want someone who is loud and in your face like Buck or Sledge haha. I guess Blitz could be used pretty aggressively though

It didn't spark discussion because you just said he's the most lethal without giving any reasoning so it'll just turn into "who is your favorite operator"

Also get the gold edition people
Seems like a fair way to open up avenues of communication to me, because from there people can say they agree or disagree and list their reasons as to why. By declaring that Buck is the best, anybody who has a favorite attacker that isn't Buck would want to chime in. Or, at least I thought they would haha

Or blackbeard...but Buck's combo of grenades and the shotgun attachment is pretty lethal in the right hands. Buck was probably designed to play that role...his ability is one that has no real benefit to the team as a whole. He's also more useful now that the meta has shifted to more roamers on defense so his gadget is much more useful for clearing rooms headed towards the objective.
Thats true. I just really enjoy his ability to do close quarter and distance combat effectively. He really is a one man army, and I find his weapon (from my own experience) to be one of the best in the game.

Massa

I like the Rook/Doc MP9 a lot too.

And a tip for newcomers, don't equip the damn lasers on your guns! They give away your position quite easily.

HiiiLife

With Ubisoft actually implementing the ability for Doc to administer health, I kinda have hope for the patch allowing you to disable your laser midgame.

Jarrod38

I figured out why I can only play this maybe twice a week now just got done losing a match but I shot Ash maybe 5 feet away from me with a shotgun but hardly did any damaged on her. This game has become nothing but luck now. Hell I can get a kill just by spraying my gun but if I control burst my gun nothing at all.

By declaring that Buck is the best, anybody who has a favorite attacker that isn't Buck would want to chime in. Or, at least I thought they would haha

Thats true. I just really enjoy his ability to do close quarter and distance combat effectively. He really is a one man army, and I find his weapon (from my own experience) to be one of the best in the game.

I like Buck, but his assault rifle has a lot of recoil which makes him less effective at range compared to say Blackbeard or Glaz or just about anyone with an assault rifle. He's very much an operator to charge in with, it's there he's most effective.

My favorite operator at the moment is Caveira; I really like her combination of lethal shotgun plus interrogate mechanic which can, and has many times, turn the odds back in the defenders favor. This not even mentioning her 'Silent Step' mechanic too.

With Ubisoft actually implementing the ability for Doc to administer health, I kinda have hope for the patch allowing you to disable your laser midgame.

Yeah me too, it could just be a button on the d-pad.

I figured out why I can only play this maybe twice a week now just got done losing a match but I shot Ash maybe 5 feet away from me with a shotgun but hardly did any damaged on her. This game has become nothing but luck now. Hell I can get a kill just by spraying my gun but if I control burst my gun nothing at all.

Haven't had any of this kind of trouble recently, might be that players ping or any number of other factors.

Hey guys!

I picked this up on the weekend for PC, currently making my way through the situations to get the hang of things.

Before I jump into multiplayer, are there any essential guides/videos I should check out?

zeox

Patchnotes for 4.2 have arrived!
http://rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-GB/updates/skullrain/reinforcements.aspx

Patch will hit tomorrow as usual.

some CRAZY things in there, including adding claymores to some attackers(!) and impact grenades to some defenders.
and a long awaited nerf for Blackbeard

Hey guys!

I picked this up on the weekend for PC, currently making my way through the situations to get the hang of things.

Before I jump into multiplayer, are there any essential guides/videos I should check out?

I always link this one from Serenity17, "5 tips to improve your skill". He has a bunch of other videos that are worth checking out!

LAM09

some CRAZY things in there, including adding claymores to some attackers(!) and impact grenades to some defenders.

I always link this one from Serenity17, "5 tips to improve your skill". He has a bunch of other videos that are worth checking out!

Didn't expect this update to consist of this many changes. Sounds great

HiiiLife

Wow never would've thought they'd do that. This game keeps getting better and better.

Well...it's gonna come with a heap of bugs too like the rest of the patches lol. But it's cool they're doing this.

We are aware that many players have been experiencing hit registration issues since the start of Season 3, and patch 4.1. This is a challenging issue to tackle as there appear to be several factors that could be influencing issues with hit registration and replication (what each player sees/experiences) based on the reports from players.

My favorite part. Cry me a freaking river. Everyone else works through it and in much less time than 9 months after launch.

HiiiLife

Happy to see Blackbeards shield actually breaking now. And people thought he was fine lol.

That shit needed to fucking break in firefights. He was too easy to use.

TheKeyPit

Banned

flkraven

Holy shit. Insane patch. I love pretty much everything. Only thing I'm worried about is the twitch drone in the prep phase, especially when laggy ass twitch players' drones teleport all over the place.

Thanks for sharing that video. I'm just getting into Siege, despite having owned it since launch week, and look forward to getting better at it. I am typically a CoD player, so this is a huge changeup for me, but I'm loving it.

HiiiLife

A twitch drone moving as fast as the other drones is gonna be...annoying? Especially in prep phase. I had no problems being able to juke defenders with the OG drone, I dunno how they're gonna react to this lol.

Insane patch.

Doc buff makes him top tier. No longer will I have to pick Rook and forego even thinking about Doc. Instant 40 HP is going to do wonders for protecting the team, so long as they dont get domed.

BB nerf was needed. He still has huge peekers advantage, and Im fine with it so long as his shields break if he's careless.

Twitch buff is also very insane, and completely throws Defenders on its head. The prep phase is going to be so hard with a twitch drone. And it got a huge number of buffs to nearly everything.

Im really worried about Twitch fucking up Mute jammers, as it feels like pre-nerf Thatcher all over again, when he was able to take out nearly every defender gadget instantly.

Valkyrie nerf was wrong. Twitch can counter her easily, and it seems a little too much to nerf her, and give her an extra counter.

Valkyrie will always be picked because of her amazing shotgun. She should have lost C4 instead of losing a cam.

Speaking of which, Impact Grenades sound like they are very weak, so that's fine. But I do wish we saw more operators lose C4. Playing shields still doesnt sound viable to me, because Pulse, Valkyrie, Bandit, Mute, and Kapkan are all carrying C4.

We really need C4 removed from at least 2 more of those defenders.

Impact grenades presumably do little to no damage to extended Montagne. At least I hope. They presumably dont instantly kill enemies, but does severe damage or downs them.

Dalibor68

Banned
Awesome! God I love those big patches they keep bringing with all the new stuff and tweaks. Can't wait for season 2 (and the japanese operators before that). Only negative is that there's still nothing in regards to Bartlett University revamped PvP map...

And that change to Twitch with the shockdrone in preparation phase could really change things up.

Fury451

Banned
I still think Blackbeard is a lot easier to counter than people make him out to be, but yeah that shield health was insanely high I'm glad they dropped it.

How they did it is kind of stupid to me. I get what they were thinking, but they should've just halved his shield instead. Having two insanely weak shields to cycle through just seems pointless. Like I get the idea of having to manage damage to make him more challenging to play, but that seems like artificially creating a challenge that makes little sense.

Top Bottom