• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

FinKL

I feel burned from purchasing Battlefront on a whim (balance is horrendous), but you all are making it hard to not read/watch this game.

Fortunately, I just built 2 computers for friends and some of their parts came with Siege. If they say it's good, I might just jump in, seems pretty cheap to get on PC with people selling their digital codes.

I feel burned from purchasing Battlefront on a whim (balance is horrendous), but you all are making it hard to not read/watch this game.

Fortunately, I just built 2 computers for friends and some of their parts came with Siege. If they say it's good, I might just jump in, seems pretty cheap to get on PC with people selling their digital codes.

Balance seems good so far, but it took a week for all of Battlefront's issues to materialize. Maybe give it a few more days or weeks, if you're really cautious.

Drewfonse

Waiting on my copy of the game. Very excited.

I am dreading running into the shielded characters though. They ate me for lunch in the beta. Otherwise, I was competitive. I know that there are counters to the dudes with shields, but I rarely managed to survive an encounter with them.

Tips?

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos

I am dreading running into the shielded characters though. They ate me for lunch in the beta. Otherwise, I was competitive. I know that there are counters to the dudes with shields, but I rarely managed to survive an encounter with them.

Tips?

Shoot the shield to reduce their accuracy, shoot their legs and arms to do damage. If all else fails you should be more agile so use that mobility to your advantage.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything

Tips?

Fall back and look for a better vantage / situation. Communicate their position to a teammate for a flank attack. Shield users have tunnel vision, and most want to move forward into the fight. Use that against them.

Fall back and look for a better vantage / situation. Communicate their position to a teammate for a flank attack. Shield users have tunnel vision, and most want to move forward into the fight. Use that against them.

Sometimes it's easier to shoot feet when prone, too, so if you really have no other option, fall to the ground. Presumably harder to hit, too.

manhack

Tips?

Shield players have much reduced accuracy now compared to beta, so they aren't as bad. They can still aim down sights but give up the protection of the shield.

They are still strong though and can be annoying.

The last man standing clutch moments are fucking great man. I've missed that so much since SOCOM died. Just can't replace this kind of tactical and intense gameplay with a respawn shooter.

Reule

Asked my girlfriend to get this as an early Christmas present this Sunday with the BBY deal. Friends and I had a blast in the Open Beta and now we're just waiting for one of us to pull the trigger on getting it since we don't want to buy something for ourselves this close to Christmas. The maps and operators that weren't in the Open Beta look awesome.

chris121580

The last man standing clutch moments are fucking great man. I've missed that so much since SOCOM died. Just can't replace this kind of tactical and intense gameplay with a respawn shooter.

Totally agree. Most fun I've had since SOCOM and Black Arrow when it comes to multiplayer

nOoblet16

pretty sure it has voice and text chat,yes.

Voice chat is expected, the reason why I ask text chat is because a lot of people dont use mics so text is still alright in that case. On consoles (and even PC games these days) if someone doesnt have a mic (or is using a party chat) then it's pretty much no communication.

How are the communities on all three platforms by the way? (and any numbers on how many players on each?)

MAX PAYMENT

Asked my girlfriend to get this as an early Christmas present this Sunday with the BBY deal. Friends and I had a blast in the Open Beta and now we're just waiting for one of us to pull the trigger on getting it since we don't want to buy something for ourselves this close to Christmas. The maps and operators that weren't in the Open Beta look awesome.

Best buy deal?

Voice chat is expected, the reason why I ask text chat is because a lot of people dont use mics so text is still alright in that case. On consoles (and even PC games these days) if someone doesnt have a mic (or is using a party chat) then it's pretty much no communication.

How are the communities on all three platforms by the way? (and any numbers on how many players on each?)

PC has both voice and text.

I can't speak for other communities, but PC has been mostly pretty good. Better than almost any other fps community I've encountered actually. Had a few asshats, but that's to be expected from any online game. But I see a lot of "damn, good move, wasn't expecting that" type comments all the time whenever unique moments happen. And I'm sure to give props whenever someone surprises me too. I've been very happy so far in my experience.

DeFrank

Tips?

Knife.

That muffled blast when the enemy is breaching outer walls and you're waiting anxiously for them to break through your inner perimeter. Same goes for any shattered glass, floorboards or footsteps. Being on defense is really fucking tense.

bender

What time is it?
The feedback in this thread has piqued my interest. Was just going to ask how the PS4 version turned out. I have $45 in rewards certificates so the Gold edition would only run me $27 and tax.

Gaz_RB

I've been playing too much. I'm walking around at work and contemplating whether or not I'd be able to blow through certain walls.

OG Kush

Tickrate is a disaster...that's the only reason I see this dead on PC in a month, I don't see Ubisoft being someone to care about this. It's got to be lower than 20, maybe 15, maybe even less. Game is great, but this style of FPS won't keep the majority of the PC crowed with other competitive shooters out there with such a crap Tickrate.

Does that mean even PS4 versions have low tick rate as well? If so why do you feel this won't dampen PS4 users? Is this because PC users care more about this stuff? (as they should! You're making me think twice about purchasing this)

nOoblet16

Does that mean even PS4 versions have low tick rate as well? If so why do you feel this won't dampen PS4 users? Is this because PC users care more about this stuff? (as they should! You're making me think twice about purchasing this)

Yes...plus gameplay is generally faster on PC especially for this kind of game.

Top Bottom