• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

nynt9

Can't form a squad, getting connection error 2-0x00000068, but it only happens if we play a bit together first, then drop out to the menu and try to team up again. Any ideas?

GravyButt

Decided im picking this up either tomorrow if I get time or this weekend at some point. Can't decide on the xb1 or ps4 though. None of my friends are getting it so im going based solely off community and possibly longevity

What do gaf?!

Can't remember the map name, but the snowy/alpine house map is giving me serious Rogue Spear vibes.

Z5J6DGi.jpg

And man, they REALLY need to reduce the armor on the suicide bombers. They should not be able to take four shotgun blasts to the body :-|

alejob

My amazon order hasn't ship yet. >(

Got this one hoping to revive the old socom days. SOF studios dissapointed me with HHour and no playstation version.

Should be here monday.

b0bbyJ03

Got this game due to the impressions in this thread and was not disappointed. The only thing that bothers me is that I was already enjoying Battlefront. I usually like to stick with one mp game at a time and master it but that's gonna be a lot harder considering I like both of them.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Hate how slow this thread is. MORE PEOPLE NEED TO BE PLAYING THIS GAME.

Debating on making a second thread. Feel like every game releases and there's a thread about how terrible everything is. I think the population deserves to know this actually, somehow, magically, turned out to be damn good.

naeS

Debating on making a second thread. Feel like every game releases and there's a thread about how terrible everything is. I think the population deserves to know this actually, somehow, magically, turned out to be damn good.

This.

Did you by chance add that jonny guy? Can't remember his username.

Depends if you're in Europe or US for bigger community.
Personally for this game I prefer the Xbox controller

Pretty sure you can be matched up to people outside the US.
PS4 controller is great. First thing I noticed about them, coming from a decade of using the X360 pad, was that the sticks are extremely accurate and sensitive.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
This.

Did you by chance add that jonny guy? Can't remember his username.

Yep, sure did! I *think* it was JonnyRagee

I can confirm next time we're on.

Fun games we had together! That was a great team. Shame we kept running into some really good teams, too - but that's how you get better. One of these days I won't need to be carried so much!

Valkrai

LMAO I accidentally got a TK as Montagne. A teammate was down but 2 enemies were nearby, I fired my pistol in hip fire at the enemies and a magical bullet flew to the ground and hit my teammate in the head.

I picked this up on PC tonight...my Uplay name is PanicshadeLWK

I'll add it to the spreadsheet as well. Messed around with the Situations mode to get used to the game and as I expected I am terrible but the game itself is very well done. I hope to get some games in with GAF members starting tomorrow.

Yep. Game sounds more and more amazing the more I hear. Damn

vazel

Banned
Saw a pretty awesome tactic:

On a hostage rescue they put a plantable shield down in front of the hostage to make it appear the hostage was a hostile peaking over a shield... Hostage was killed. haha!
I've seen people try to do this but it's never worked. Sometimes a defender will camp near the hostage and hope crossfire will kill the hostage but I've yet to see this work either. Smart people will send in their drones to scout the area to know where the enemies are camping.

I've seen only three accidental kills of the hostage so far in my 14 hours of game time. One with a cluster bomb, one with a grenade, and another because someone thought the point of the game mode was to kill the hostage(I think this guy was maybe trolling).

Just 5-0ed a team.

Two rounds in a row...

Wow.

First round was tense as shit, second I just rushed them with a shotgun and really caught them with their pants down.

Animator

Had some absolutely amazing games earlier today with soctos. Highlight for me was us crouching next to and hugging the hostage and the enemy gunning him down as soon as they enter. I am still laughing about it. :D

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
I've seen people try to do this but it's never worked. Sometimes a defender will camp near the hostage and hope crossfire will kill the hostage but I've yet to see this work either. Smart people will send in their drones to scout the area to know where the enemies are camping.

I've seen only three accidental kills of the hostage so far in my 14 hours of game time. One with a cluster bomb, one with a grenade, and another because someone thought the point of the game mode was to kill the hostage(I think this guy was maybe trolling).

I did that move two nights ago actually, worked great- I was last Operator standing for my team, dropped the deployable shield in front of the hostage, blind fired into a doorway a bunch of rounds to give the impression I was hiding behind it, bolted, squatted in a far corner, and two guys rushed in from that doorway and just lit up the shield and killed the hostage and we got the win :).

Was immensely satisfying

I'll be on all night Friday. Gonna get off work, grab a bottle of whiskey and play all night.

Why is PC voice chat broken

It works, but the PTT seems to be busted. If you find yourself constantly transmitting when you are not meant to just hit the PTT key(U by default) and it will toggle it off. It's strange, and very annoying. Use Discord(Voice client), it's better anyways. And free. And pretty easy to set up with just a few bit's of input and even no download if you want.

spk

I'll be on all night Friday. Gonna get off work, grab a bottle of whiskey and play all night.

It works, but the PTT seems to be busted. If you find yourself constantly transmitting when you are not meant to just hit the PTT key(U by default) and it will toggle it off. It's strange, and very annoying. Use Discord(Voice client), it's better anyways. And free. And pretty easy to set up with just a few bit's of input and even no download if you want.

Those settings also control the Windows mic levels for some reason. Toggling it didn't fix the autotransmit that happens even when it's set to PTT or Off. So Skype gets lower, or muted depending on if it's disabled. I've used discord before

Yeah, these seem pretty accurate. I'm getting about 73fps at 1440p UQ settings. I may turn a few down to go higher, AA is awful on anything other than max though.

Those settings also control the Windows mic levels for some reason. Toggling it didn't fix the autotransmit that happens even when it's set to PTT or Off. So Skype gets lower, or muted depending on if it's disabled. I've used discord before
Not quite sure what you mean by this.

The toggle "trick" works for my buddies and I. If you find yourself accidentally transmitting, just hit PTT once and you should be good. I will say I had some random audio dumps, where my audio would be completely dead and windows would essentially forget I had a headset on, sounds related to what you're talking about a bit.

We didn't coordinate this but goddamn it looked awesome:

http://gfycat.com/GivingThoseCrayfish

This did look pretty awesome.

Had some absolutely amazing games earlier today with soctos. Highlight for me was us crouching next to and hugging the hostage and the enemy gunning him down as soon as they enter. I am still laughing about it. :D

Nice.

One of the guys I fought today tried to do that.

But then he shot the hostage...

spk

Not quite sure what you mean by this.
What I mean is if I adjust settings in the game, my windows settings are adjusted too. Today when I was fiddling with it in game, Skype people stopped hearing me. Same if I disabled it. Earlier today a friend told me I was transmitting when the UI wasn't even showing it.

This is Ubi's recommended workaround which a chore and doesn't even stick map to map or in between alt tabs as far as I know.
HonWLiW.png

There's probably a dozen different threads about it on Reddit
https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comments/3vcjrn/microphone_active_when_disabled_and_push_to_talk/
https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comments/3vapsc/please_hotfix_the_open_mic_issue/
https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comments/3vb1yd/psa_rainbow_turning_down_mic_volume_on_skype/

wrog

Renown booster - you buy them with R6 credits (you can get one 24h booster for free from the Ubisoft Club).

RawNuts

why do some players have 50% or 60% next to their name, when the majority have 10%?
Renown booster gives the player who is using it 50% more renown, as well as 10% for all team members and it stacks if more people in a team are using it.

manhack

Damn this game is awesome. After I died I took on camera duty. Spent the rest of the match spotting and letting my teammate know where the other players were. Must of felt like our team was cheating the way I was leading him around the map and tagging them.

Need to kill those cameras if you are on attack folks.

Tak3n

Banned
I am enjoying Terrorist Hunt much more than PVP, can not quite put my finger on why, I really think it would of been cool in PVP if one team got a whole different load out, like suicide bombers et al

Damn this game is awesome. After I died I took on camera duty. Spent the rest of the match spotting and letting my teammate know where the other players were. Must of felt like our team was cheating the way I was leading him around the map and tagging them.

Need to kill those cameras if you are on attack folks.

When I play with my group now we don't actually spot, we just communicate the location of the enemy so we can keep the cameras active.

Some people who are switched on still take them out anyway but it's amazing how many people overlook them unless they're spotted.

MAX PAYMENT

So this game is way better than I expected.

2 of my buddies got it with me, one of them a few hours after us. He was party chatting us and was seriously struggling with the first situation just trying to unlock multiplayer. I was afraid he was going to hate the game.

Then he finally joins us online and became our best player. Great game.

Bethell

This game..

So incredibly surprised by how addictive and fun it is.

As a higher ranked player on CSGO I do feel like I can go gung-ho and rambo style with a shotgun and take out 3 people in a window, however im only low level + the ranked queue will more than likely balance out the skill levels.

Hopefully more people play this game, I checked and around 9000 people were playing on PC last night.

Will add my name to Spreadsheet later!

Top Bottom