• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

nOoblet16

Does the running animation still skip frames if you start a sprint while your character is already walking?

Minor stuff like that I find it very jarring and don't understand how it gets overlooked in an FPS game where the gun always occupies such a large area on the screen.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Saw a pretty awesome tactic:

On a hostage rescue they put a plantable shield down in front of the hostage to make it appear the hostage was a hostile peaking over a shield... Hostage was killed. haha!

Saiyan-Rox

Did anyone in the UK buy this from GAME? mate of mine stupidly did and they gave him an in game currency code that doesn't work so said I'd ask if anyone else had thus issue.

Gaz_RB

Does the running animation still skip frames if you start a sprint while your character is already walking?

Minor stuff like that I find it very jarring and don't understand how it gets overlooked in an FPS game where the gun always occupies such a large area on the screen.

Fixed from the beta.

Disktrasa

Banned
O boy this sucks, i usually buy my game on hongkongpsn or uspsn, and play my games on my main EU-account, and it always works and it works with dlc, now i bought this game and i like it so much so i bought the season pass, didn't get the 600 credits or 5% renown, because i got them on the asianaccount were i bought the game, i never play on that account, only buy them there.

Do you think its something that ubi might help me with?

HowZatOZ

Banned
God damn a full squad of friends in this game is the most satisfying thing ever. Breaching and just systematically moving into each room like its some real life raid is just so damn fun and exhilarating. I can not recommend this game enough, just works so damn well.

213372bu

Banned
I'm absolutely wrecking teams by throwing a flash through a window while rappelling all around and shooting teams up near the bomb.

O boy this sucks, i usually buy my game on hongkongpsn or uspsn, and play my games on my main EU-account, and it always works and it works with dlc, now i bought this game and i like it so much so i bought the season pass, didn't get the 600 credits or 5% renown, because i got them on the asianaccount were i bought the game, i never play on that account, only buy them there.

Do you think its something that ubi might help me with?

Nope. Sadly, if they could I think they would - but Sony isn't going to let you refund it.

just tried to win one of those NVIDIA codes on ebay to get the game for a cheaper price and of course I got outbid with 2 seconds left...damnit

I know people here were selling them left and right the past couple weeks but now it seems like no one is anymore

213372bu

Banned
The character limit for chat is so horrible, simple things like "I'm not sure if they're on the ground floor or 2nd floor" don't even fit, lots of my chat is split into two messages as my mic isn't working :\

deoee

Damn I feel so lost on some of the maps.
I do not know if it's worth enforcing a door or blowing window x up etc. :-/

Saw a pretty awesome tactic:

On a hostage rescue they put a plantable shield down in front of the hostage to make it appear the hostage was a hostile peaking over a shield... Hostage was killed. haha!

I think as time goes on, that'll be the new thing! I've seen this too! haha

Best place to hide your drone before the match begins is underneath the hostage. One actually got theirs into the hostages arms.

Im still loving this game, but today has been irritating. Just by chance I hope, by the amount of "first shot, 50 yards down a hall, panic spray and pray with an SMG headshots Im receiving....laying down, leaning behind cover" layed on me has been STUPID today.

Another random thing - I wish the Kaplan lasers were either invisible or not stop light red at least. Maybe like a lighter, "smoky" red. That way, if you identified a Kaplan user on offense, you would move slow, and either just destroy the trip mine box with no laser and just a light on it, or breaching would destroy it as well. As it stands, you're playing dumb if you get killed by it. (I have as well). If you get killed by it on a WINDOW, then I have no words for how you could have done that.

mbmonk

Yeah, it's 15 and it's pretty shitty. I've had far too many incidents where I open fire on a guy, take cover behind a corner wall and fall over dead from his fire beforehand and for a competitive game, that's pretty unacceptable in Ranked play.

Hopefully it gets addressed since the team behind this seems super committed to the game and adding features the community asks for/needs for the game to survive.

The tick rate being low is really unfortunate.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I. Love. This. Game.

Not since Socom has something had me saying, "Okay just one more." for hours.

I was playing UC4 beta and thinking the whole round how much I'd rather play Rainbow. Complete opposite games. One made to my tastes, the other I don't even know. Not for me anyway.

Derp moment of the day...

I'm repel down the side of the house, smash through the window as the breach charge goes off into a room where Bomb B is. It's clear! I rush over to defus.... fall down a fucking hole.

deoee

I noticed that the tickrate is causing really much shit to happen (from my perspective)

Can something like this be patched? Do you think the devs will listen to enough complains?
If so, we all should post this thing in the reddit and forums :|

Meant hope. Haha Yeah, I butchered that. Multiple conversations while typing is what Ill blame that on.

Haha NP :D

I noticed that the tickrate is causing really much shit to happen (from my perspective)

Can something like this be patched? Do you think the devs will listen to enough complains?
If so, we all should post this thing in the reddit and forums :|

It should be fixable--BF4 deployed high tickrate servers/infrastructure about a year into its life, I think. This kinda game, if its as bad as y'all say (I don't notice it as much on console, TBH), probably needs it a lot sooner than that to stay alive.

213372bu

Banned
Entire match on both sides complaining about intense server side lag and glitching out and not being able to move.

PC is dedicated servers, not P2P, right?

deoee

Haha NP :D

It should be fixable--BF4 deployed high tickrate servers/infrastructure about a year into its life, I think. This kinda game, if its as bad as y'all say (I don't notice it as much on console, TBH), probably needs it a lot sooner than that to stay alive.

Yeah sometimes I just get hit by stuff behind cover or cleary shoot first (from my perspective) and still get sprayed by people.
It'st not THAT bad for me, but it really affects some situations and leaves a foul taste

piccolo85

I have been playing shooters for years and I serieosly had to google what "tickrate" is...

It makes sense that a low tickrate would be really bad for a competitive shooter. I haven't noticed any problems on console but if this is a problem for competitive players it should be fixed.

Valkrai

and that means?

Before I meant that now things are sluggish but you can still strafe battle with no penalty. Don't know if you can still do that but that was annoying in the last beta.

I have been playing shooters for years and I serieosly had to google what "tickrate" is...

It makes sense that a low tickrate would be really bad for a competitive shooter. I haven't noticed any problems on console but if this is a problem for competitive players it should be fixed.

It really is a big issue, especially since Ubi wants this to be an esport. People have complaints with CS being 64 tick. 15 for this is unacceptable.

Saintruski

Unconfirmed Member
Does that mean even PS4 versions have low tick rate as well? If so why do you feel this won't dampen PS4 users? Is this because PC users care more about this stuff? (as they should! You're making me think twice about purchasing this)

Ill run down your questions in parts.

Yes i would safetly assume they didn't do anything different with their servers or invest any money for better ones for consoles.

Hard to know if it would affect any console user base, this game kind of broke the wall in a way of what a lot of PC gamers would call "console shooters" by releasing something that isnt run and gun, respawn happy non tactile on console. On PC generally anything like that would die fast, realistic shooters and twitch shooters have massive active communities, and this tickrate would not cut it having 60-160 tick. I would like to think of console gamers as more casual and wouldn't notice it or at least wouldn't care, none of this being an insult. So in part with with consoles not having Insurgency, and CSGO, games like those, and with battlefield 4 testing 120 tick its just not looking pretty.

just not acceptable on this game, end of story...this is a competitive strategic shooter, and this is 2015

piccolo85

It really is a big issue, especially since Ubi wants this to be an esport. People have complaints with CS being 64 tick. 15 for this is unacceptable.

Is a tick of 15 confirmed by Ubi, or is this something people pull out of their.......? Because this would mean the player position is only updates every 66.67 ms! This would be worse than my actual ping, which usually sits around 35 ms...
On the other hand people complaining about a refresh every 15ms in CS sounds silly. My educated guess would be that the player will not benefit as soon as the tickrate reults in a update rate which is quicker than your server ping or your actual input lag!

Saintruski

Unconfirmed Member
Is a tick of 15 confirmed by Ubi, or is this something people pull out of their.......? Because this would mean the player position is only updates every 66.67 ms! This would be worse than my actual ping...
On the other hand people complaining about a refresh every 15ms in CS sounds silly. My educated guess would be that the player will not benefit as soon as the tickrate reults in a update rate which is quicker than your server ping or your actual input lag!

Ubi wont comment, they absolutely refuse, only saying they will "I have messaged some members of the development team for an answer. Thanks for bringing it up!" over and over again and never getting back, its very educated guess based on results in game and based on how they wont respond and only saying that over and over again since the alpha...

its been wiresharked too, but ubi probably doesnt want to confirm this...

deoee

Is a tick of 15 confirmed by Ubi, or is this something people pull out of their.......? Because this would mean the player position is only updates every 66.67 ms! This would be worse than my actual ping, which usually sits around 35 ms...

Some reddit wireshark puling says it's either 50 or 30 (https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comments/3upath/wireshark_the_tick_rate_debate/?ref=search_posts )
The 15 someone pulled out of his ass.

Valkrai

You can kind of tell at times with some hits not completely registering or hitting when you may be behind cover.

Edit: 50, apologies for saying 15.

Yeah that's something that I'm starting to like.

At first I wanted this game to be a bit slower paced, but at the same time, love how I'm able to get so many rounds in since matches are really fast.
Oh even in T-hunt classic when time isn't an issue i always want another round.

piccolo85

A sync every 4 seconds is just not acceptable on this game, end of story...this is a competitive strategic shooter, and this is 2015

??? A tick rate of 15 would mean 15 syncs per second, not one sync every 4 seconds!

Some reddit wireshark puling says it's either 50 or 30 (https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/co...f=search_posts )
The 15 someone pulled out of his ass.

Well, this sounds more reasonable and would actually make sense. I think people probably suspect a low tick rate because of bad client/server connections.

Saintruski

Unconfirmed Member
??? A tick rate of 15 would mean 15 syncs per second, not one sync every 4 seconds!

Well, this sounds more reasonable and would actually make sense. I think people probably suspect a low tick rate because of bad client/server connections.

was in the middle of changing a diaper when typing and thinking backwards i fixed it before you posted that :p

Xeilyn

Some great games with gafers on PS4, im sorry i wasnt that talkative but when i focus on something i sorta zone out. I wasnt very good anyways but it was fun, im very good at other shooters but really feel lost at times in this.

The character limit for chat is so horrible, simple things like "I'm not sure if they're on the ground floor or 2nd floor" don't even fit, lots of my chat is split into two messages as my mic isn't working :

No kidding. When my wife goes to sleep I essentially don't use the mic as she is in the same room and it's annoying as fuck having a character limit be as short as it is.

The only solution is divorce I guess.

Or Ubisoft could raise the limit. Ubi, if you're reading this, save my marriage please.

MajorTom

Damn I can barely play tonight.
The lag is unreal.
It's basically unplayable.
Other people in my match are saying the same so it can't just be my connection.

So I'm introducing my buddy to this game. He just bought it cause a friend and I convinced him it was good, and had a great community.

On his FIRST multiplayer game, someone team kills him then leaves...

Top Bottom