• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

HiiiLife

Twitch is gonna be annoying lol. Faster movement, longer range, 20 shots. And you gotta deal with it twice over.

To include the first 40 seconds.

frontovik

Banned
That's what the GIFs ubi posted lead me to believe, which I think is great.

Total shot in the dark: Any PC players with mics who know what they're doing? I have a couple buddies who play almost every night for a few hours and we're looking for another player or two to fill our team. Our general attitude is that while we very much like winning, we do not get too upset when we lose and we have a pretty good base knowledge of the maps and general do's and don't's of Siege. US/Canada players.

Just for the record, I'm an NA (Canada) player that's been looking for an arranged team for awhile. I communicate and several months experience with Siege. We could discuss more via PM/ventrilo if you want to share uPlay details.

Rocketz

You do realize they "fixed" the C4 issue by allowing some defenders to have 2! Impact Grenades, right? I think this kills you easier.

Well I was talking about the amount of defenders that had C4 before. Don't really know how much damage these new impact grenades do to shields.

I will find out soon enough though.

They were able to destroy the reinforcement but the garage door stood strong

MiveHuZh.jpg

That's a great fucking patch!

Still waiting on that Tachanka buff, though. Worst character in the game by far. I think it'd be cool if they made his helmet really strong akin to what Blackbeard's shield is (was) but massively reduced his vertical vision in accordance to how his helmet looks.

4dd020f0510be2a1c70328e19069e491.jpg

I think that'd be a decent change.

I think that's a great idea, and wouldn't take away from the realism much. Could have a disorientation/suppression effect if they hit your head a bunch of times making it more difficult to focus.

Just for the record, I'm an NA (Canada) player that's been looking for an arranged team for awhile. I communicate and several months experience with Siege. We could discuss more via PM/ventrilo if you want to share uPlay details.

Nice. Just PM me your UPlay and I'll add you.

We know what we're doing mostly (but laugh when stupid shit happens / we do stupid shit)

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
So with the patch.. How is the hit reg now? Netcode and bug fixes? Hearing about everything but this

Hit Reg is about the same as it was after the last patch dropped. I noticed some rubberbanding tonight, but nowhere near as bad as it was around 2.0. Might have just been because it was a busy night.

Really like this patch but muzzle brake seems too good. Nothing else is worth it

Impact grenades are fantastic. No more wasting shotgun ammo to make an opening or not being able to make a quick escape through floors and walls

Claymores fantastically punish roamers. Such great additions to a meta that needed the adjustments

It's also awesome to see weapons like p90 becoming viable. Not sure if it's due to muzzle brake. That thing will probably get nerfed judging by the comments on its super effectiveness

K.Sabot

So this fucker who stole my Uplay account and put 2 step verification on it renamed my username toooooo
1MP8DNK.png

I fucking bet my account is cheatbanned in Siege now...

OG Kush

So can anyone tell me the best way to use barbed wire? I didn't think people would be upset about rook losing it but I guess I must be using it wrong.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
So can anyone tell me the best way to use barbed wire? I didn't think people would be upset about rook losing it but I guess I must be using it wrong.

I like placing it at doorways to counter the peekers. Other option is to place a couple around the hostage, as it significantly slows them down from doing a snatch and run. You can also use it as a trip alarm of sorts, the sound is a giveaway.

I feel blackbeard is still a good choice. His main rifle is great as well.

He's still a great choice. But just like Pulse, all the players with no skill dont pick him anymore now that he's not a crutch.

A good BB player will still be fantastic. The balance this time around is great.

If they can fix shields for the next patch, Ill be so happy. I swear I get shot through Blitz' shield way too much.

I wonder when they're going to release an update that makes matchmaking preferences matter. The day I can play ranked and not have to worry about Border, Yacht or any other shit map..

Disgraced

New patch is sweet.
If they can fix shields for the next patch, Ill be so happy. I swear I get shot through Blitz' shield way too much.
^

Still playing regularly and changed my GT, so if anyone still wants to play on Xbone - quote to see / feel free to add. It's also in the sheet.

I was looking forward to playing this tonight but Best Buy just had to send me the Xbox one version instead of the PS4 version that I bought. Just not meant to be yet

KillGore

So I just saw Siege was on sale on PSN. I know this must be asked a billion times so I apologize but how is the online community on PS4? Is it decently alive? I don't want to buy a game that's going to die in the next 3 months. Thanks

HiiiLife

So I just saw Siege was on sale on PSN. I know this must be asked a billion times so I apologize but how is the online community on PS4? Is it decently alive? I don't want to buy a game that's going to die in the next 3 months. Thanks

The game is still active on every platform.

Fury451

Banned

It's active. It's more active now than at launch even.

Is it decently alive? I don't want to buy a game that's going to die in the next 3 months. Thanks

You betcha. It's mor-

It's active. It's more active now than at launch even.

Yeah, basically lol.

Loving this patch, the impact grenades are great for creating holes to escape through! I don't think shields really need that much of a buff; they're support characters who are meant to be helped out by other operators. I say this as a Montagne player.

Seriously though please buff Tachanka already. Just give him the equivalent of Blackbeard's shield, or make his metal helmet mean something.

Any gaffers planning on making a siegegaf club for xb1? would be awesome if we could get a solid LFG system going with gaffers...guess that could work in the current neogaf club, but i wouldn't wanna congest it with my rb6 obsession

Alienous

Shields are completely useless on PC

That can't be. It's a great asset for team work. Being able to shoot with the shield is a bonus, so if you get killed doing it that makes sense. It's a defensive tool, and useful if you don't mind not getting kills yourself but helping the team.

HiiiLife

You would think after getting outplayed 3 times as caveira you'd pick a different operator on defense. The dream is dead breh. You suck with her.

Shields are completely useless on PC

No way. Blitz has gotten more powerful now that there are less nitro cells on the defenders, it's basically a free kill if you come up on any lone defender without nitro. Montagne is way more useful now with the speed increase on deploying and undeploying, especially since he has flash nades. He's actually really good for killing roamers since they won't be near an ADS, find them while deployed then flash them and go in for the kill.

Loving the game post patch.

I've yet to see it well utilized but in principle, the idea of attackers being able to lay their own traps in the form of claymores helps counter roamers and adds a layer of depth to the overall strategy that was not there before.

Stripping many of the defenders of C4 and giving them 2 impact grenades instead seems on the face of it only a semi-solution to the problem but I figure they are overall less damaging than C4 and harder to use as effectively.

So far my favourite change is to Doc. His gadget went from something you could only use once in a blue moon to something you can use every match and is very effective.

Did I miss something or did they basically not touch Pulse at all? If so that's grimly amusing given all the complaints.

Deadstar

Will this game be getting a ps4 pro upgrade because the graphics in this game are ug and the framerate vs ai is bad, 30 LOL. 30 in an FPS, what?!

CatPee

Rushing with IQ was already great before, but now, tossing a muzzle brake and angled grip on her 552 Commando makes her such a monstrosity with a powerful laser gun.

Top Bottom