• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

I still think Blackbeard is a lot easier to counter than people make him out to be, but yeah that shield health was insanely high I'm glad they dropped it.

How they did it is kind of stupid to me. I get what they were thinking, but they should've just halved his shield instead. Having two insanely weak shields to cycle through just seems pointless. Like I get the idea of having to manage damage to make him more challenging to play, but that seems like artificially creating a challenge that makes little sense.

I think it is mainly to emphasize his role as a protected peeker and not a "I've got this window locked down and y'all can't do shit about it".

This way, if anyone gets the drop on him, he won't just be able to soak up damage while he acquires a target.

It'll be REAL interesting to see how the meta changes after tomorrow's patch. Haven't played in a few weeks myself, been distracted by other games.

Incredible patch. Love all the changes and additions, can't wait to see how the game's meta is affected by this patch because it sounds really exciting!

Claymores seem like a no-brainer, in hindsight, to help protect against roamers and breakout defenders.

Yep, specifically I can think of a situation playing as an attacker on House and jumping up on the balcony at the front of the house with the two windows entrances from the bathroom and the construction room, leaving a claymore at one side and making a ruckus at the other to bait a defender out into the claymore haha

The game that keeps on giving! You can really tell how passionate the rainbow devs truly are about this game. All these changes could've been packaged in a $60 sequel, but instead they keep on adding new things every big update. I really need to buy the season pass at this point. I have pored countless man hours into it lol. Outside of the network hiccups, this is Definitely my favorite MP game this gen.

The game that keeps on giving! You can really tell how passionate the rainbow devs truly are about this game. All these changes could've been packaged in a $60 sequel, but instead they keep on adding new things every big update. I really need to buy the season pass at this point. I have pored countless man hours into it lol. Outside of the network hiccups, this is Definitely my favorite MP game this gen.

Some of the smaller text in the patch notes say this patch helps lay the groundwork for future seasons--this game is gonna be supported for at least another year. Get it!

Rocketz

This is nuts.

I've been wanting to play Blitz more but it was impossible with the amount of C4 on defenders so hopefully this will help.

Looking forward to this.

Patch notes are insane. Claymores, impact grenades, twitch changes, DOC changes omg, new attachments, just amazing all around. This is the game that keeps giving, no doubt.

That's a great fucking patch!

Still waiting on that Tachanka buff, though. Worst character in the game by far. I think it'd be cool if they made his helmet really strong akin to what Blackbeard's shield is (was) but massively reduced his vertical vision in accordance to how his helmet looks.

4dd020f0510be2a1c70328e19069e491.jpg

I think that'd be a decent change.

flkraven

That's a great fucking patch!

Still waiting on that Tachanka buff, though. Worst character in the game by far. I think it'd be cool if they made his helmet really strong akin to what Blackbeard's shield is (was) but massively reduced his vertical vision in accordance to how his helmet looks.

4dd020f0510be2a1c70328e19069e491.jpg

I think that'd be a decent change.

I think his stationary gun should just get an OG 'Blackbeard' shield. Put a ground shield in front and he is essentially invincible from a single angle while completely stationary.

thenexus6

Dang my PS+ runs out this week, and I wasn't going to bother renewing it for a few weeks to focus on single player games (I play Siege daily) but man I need to check out this update right away!

This is nuts.

I've been wanting to play Blitz more but it was impossible with the amount of C4 on defenders so hopefully this will help.

Looking forward to this.

You do realize they "fixed" the C4 issue by allowing some defenders to have 2! Impact Grenades, right? I think this kills you easier.

Doc and Rook seem like a must have now. Claymores down those with armor plates, kills if they dont.

Also, 60fps streams are great with PS4's 4.00 update

KodaRuss

Pretty excited about the new patch. Interested to see how this will change things and it seems like a lot. Claymores impact grenades.

It kinda seems like Thatcher is useless now with Twitch's shock drone being buffed.

Also, I still think I will pick Rook over Doc everytime. He is better but still situational.

Pretty excited about the new patch. Interested to see how this will change things and it seems like a lot. Claymores impact grenades.

It kinda seems like Thatcher is useless now with Twitch's shock drone being buffed.

Also, I still think I will pick Rook over Doc everytime. He is better but still situational.

Thatcher gains usefulness with the Claymores in my opinion.

Alienous

Amazing support they've shown for the game.

I wanted Blackbeard's shield to be more visible, but I heard the two shields with lower health suggested before, and that seems like it might work too. The problem I have with him is not knowing that it's him peeking, and in a game like Siege that 0.5 seconds of not knowing can mean death.

We'll see how it pans out.

We really need C4 removed from at least 2 more of those defenders.

Never understood why people want the C4s out. They are really easy to avoid, even with shields. I actually hate that they took the C4 away from Frost since shields know I don't have one so they get more ballsy when pushing.

Never understood why people want the C4s out. They are really easy to avoid, even with shields. I actually hate that they took the C4 away from Frost since shields know I don't have one so they get more ballsy when pushing.

I too am surprised at how many people here think Shield operators needed help.

On PC, a lot of the time as soon as you bring that shield down to ADS you get headshotted immediately.

Perhaps you're right. Caveira was a good operator to take it away from, but Im not so sure Smoke was that popular to begin with. I also dont foresee Caveira being too popular with claymores. I'd rather have seen c4 shifted between some operators. Take it away from Valkyrie and give it to someone like Castle or Frost again. Operators like Valkyrie are inherently useful because of her gadget and shotgun, so I dont think she needs nitro cell.

Doc buff is pretty nice, but Rook is still the more important choice IMO. But since they removed Rook's barbed wire, Doc has that advantage.

Of the operators that need a buff, I'd say Castle, Glaz, Tachanka, and Kapkan need some adjustments. I still find Kapkan's traps very obvious. They dont fool anyone in ranked and are just too noticeable at a certain distance. I think they should be less noticeable from a max distance and more noticeable as you get closer. They are still pretty useless on any height except the absolute bottom, making them useless on windows.

I'd like to see Castle get more barricades. 3 is pitiful.

Glaz apparently has lower recoil thanks to the new attachment, but I still find him a huge liability compared to Blackbeard. I dont know how good BB's gun nerf was, but he's pretty much the sniper on most maps with sniper spots.

Tachanka is Tachanka.

I havent seen IQ much since the Pulse nerf, and I havent seen Pulse much either. I hop the Pulse nerf didnt totally kill him.

What are the impact nades for? Instant murder holes?

That's what the GIFs ubi posted lead me to believe, which I think is great.

Total shot in the dark: Any PC players with mics who know what they're doing? I have a couple buddies who play almost every night for a few hours and we're looking for another player or two to fill our team. Our general attitude is that while we very much like winning, we do not get too upset when we lose and we have a pretty good base knowledge of the maps and general do's and don't's of Siege. US/Canada players.

Alienous

What are the impact nades for? Instant murder holes?

Yeah, basically. Blow a hole in an unreinforced wall. I've seen them used well so far, considering that C4 is too valuble to waste on blowing a hole in a wall.

It's interesting. They gave defenders a weapon that would really benefits attackers, and they have attackers a weapon that defenders would love. That's probably the best way to balance those gadgets.

KodaRuss

Never realised Doc can boost teammates life from 100 to 120 for a small period.

Have no idea if this is new or not.

That's new.

I had some connection problems last night but we crushed a couple teams before that happened.

Has anyone noticed a difference when looking outside the buildings? They were supposed to adjust the lighting in this patch from what they said in the notes.

Animator

That's what the GIFs ubi posted lead me to believe, which I think is great.

Total shot in the dark: Any PC players with mics who know what they're doing? I have a couple buddies who play almost every night for a few hours and we're looking for another player or two to fill our team. Our general attitude is that while we very much like winning, we do not get too upset when we lose and we have a pretty good base knowledge of the maps and general do's and don't's of Siege. US/Canada players.

Get on the siege discord with your group we always have 1-2 groups playing with overflow people looking for groups. Everyone is a regular since the game came out and is chill. We are all high silver/gold rank now iirc.

Here is the link: https://discord.gg/qnfybeP

Top Bottom