• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

flkraven

Loving the game post patch.

I've yet to see it well utilized but in principle, the idea of attackers being able to lay their own traps in the form of claymores helps counter roamers and adds a layer of depth to the overall strategy that was not there before.

Stripping many of the defenders of C4 and giving them 2 impact grenades instead seems on the face of it only a semi-solution to the problem but I figure they are overall less damaging than C4 and harder to use as effectively.

So far my favourite change is to Doc. His gadget went from something you could only use once in a blue moon to something you can use every match and is very effective.

Did I miss something or did they basically not touch Pulse at all? If so that's grimly amusing given all the complaints.

Pulse nerfed last patch

So I just saw Siege was on sale on PSN. I know this must be asked a billion times so I apologize but how is the online community on PS4? Is it decently alive? I don't want to buy a game that's going to die in the next 3 months. Thanks

Game is still active. Also they updated it with some good additions like claymores and impact grenades for some of the operators.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
umm how do i self-heal as doc? Until this latest update i rarely touched him but now i want to spend more time with him, seems solid.

This may sound odd but I would like it where you can choose between Attacker AND Defendera operators on a TH mission regardless of the side you are on.

I thought there was gonna be new modes and features at some point this Summer? The realism mode for example. Any word on that stuff? I'd really love some new match types (something that doesn't 9 times out of 10 boil down to a team deathmatch, please) or at the very least a change-up of Hostage/Bomb etc locations. Defending/attacking different rooms would freshen up the game a lot, I feel.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I'd love to see a VIP style mode. One player is the target and only given a pistol. Like a more mobile Hostage mode.

Not sure the current maps could support it, mind.

I thought there was gonna be new modes and features at some point this Summer? The realism mode for example. Any word on that stuff? I'd really love some new match types (something that doesn't 9 times out of 10 boil down to a team deathmatch, please) or at the very least a change-up of Hostage/Bomb etc locations. Defending/attacking different rooms would freshen up the game a lot, I feel.

Tactical Realism mode came out with 3.0. It's only available for custom matches, though, which is a shame because it seems like a blast. LOTS of accidental team-killing, though, because it's hard to tell who is on your team since color patterns are CTU-based and not team based and your team isn't identified on the UI at all.

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take
I wonder if he reported me lol

LameMindlessGorilla-size_restricted.gif

DQDQDQ

There was never a specific timetable for new game modes, but the Year One Roadmap (link) states "New Game Modes"

Any word on that stuff? No.

People will tell you (and probably Ubisoft) that the realism "mode" satisfies that bullet point, but I disagree. It's not a game mode, it's an option toggle. There are three game modes: Secure Area, Hostage, Bomb.

Go back to something like Goldeneye. Is team deathmatch (called "Teams") a different game mode from team deathmatch, slappers only, or from team deathmatch, grenades? I think that's all just one mode. If you think that is three different game modes then you'd be satisfied with the inclusion of the realistic. I'd say Goldeneye had six game modes. If we start counting options as modes that number jumps a lot.

And I'm not sure if it's fair (but I'm going to do it anyway) to point out that even if the tactical realism counts as a mode, that is one and "modes" implies more than one. Could be a typo I guess, but they never talk about any plans for new modes so it's hard to tell.

If a mode doesn't come with the Japan operators, it's not showing up at all and I don't expect to get any sort of official confirmation that is was dropped from the plans. Maybe it gets bumped to a year two paid season pass scenario.

OG Kush

Quite excited for a Japanese themed map. Yacht is alright, The desert map is pretty good, and Favelas is poor IMO. Hopefully they can pull out out a good map.

I hate House with a passion. Would rather play Yacht

Mainly because I always get the fucking idiots that pick kids bedroom to defend, they barricade the whole thing and then leave the room. Cool, so just let the enemy come in for free and complete the objective.

Might as well just save the time and shoot each other all in the face at the start of the round.

Border is one of the best maps in the game. Every objective spot is great on every mode.

Favelas would be awesome but the spots for bomb and secure are terrible and impossible to hold vs anyone decent at the game.

As for game modes, I like tac realism but it's too far a departure to put into the main playlists. If they put it into it's own I don't think it would be that populated and I'm wary about splitting the playerbase across many different playlists anyway. It'd be cool if they could come up with one that plays similar enough to the current 3 to pack in to the same casual/ranked playlist. Until then I'm cool with just new maps/ops.

Yacht>Border>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Favela

None of them hold a candle to the maps that came with the game, though. Plane and House are my favourites.

Bought this last week for PS4 on a whim. God damn this game is amazing. I only ever played with randoms but shit.. the gameplay, the mechanics, the competitiveness, the balance (nothing really feels OP so far etc).. can't wait to unlock more operators and dive into ranked.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Just picked this up for PC yesterday and was making my way through Situations. Damn this game is a shitload of fun! I'm scared to go online though. I'm not going to get ripped to shreds by other players for being green an I?

Just picked this up for PC yesterday and was making my way through Situations. Damn this game is a shitload of fun! I'm scared to go online though. I'm not going to get ripped to shreds by other players for being green an I?

Generally most people won't care. As with anything in life, you'll occasionally run into an asshole but it would have nothing to do with you being new, they would be a dick regardless.

Top Bottom