• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Theecliff

Banned
seeing as the season pass is on sale currently on the EU PSN store, is it worth it or should i just be patient and unlock everything with credits?

seeing as the season pass is on sale currently on the EU PSN store, is it worth it or should i just be patient and unlock everything with credits?

Unlocking with credits is most feasible if you were an early adopter. Season Pass has only increased in value, anyway--you now get a 10% discount on cosmetics, get free skins every season, etc.

This would be the best way to buff him really. But I fear cries of "Blackbeard is OP" would just switch to "Tachanka is OP" for largely the same reasons- good positioning would protect most of his body, leaving only the small opening under the gun and cover to shoot

Capitao would be a natural counter.

Grenade operators, Capitao, Twitch drone, flash grenades, thermite charges (as he'd definitely hide in a reinforced area), blackbeard, Montagne, Blitz. It should be fine, provided the shield breaks like BB's does.

Still think removing the headshot multiplier for Tachanka would be enough buff.

This is good too, provided it's tied to the turret, but the shield should act the same way.

We are pretty close to having nearly all operators be useful. I still think Smoke, Glaz, and Castle underperform with their abilities. Maybe Kapkan too, especially on night maps

KodaRuss

Capitao would be a natural counter.

Grenade operators, Capitao, Twitch drone, flash grenades, thermite charges (as he'd definitely hide in a reinforced area), blackbeard, Montagne, Blitz. It should be fine, provided the shield breaks like BB's does.

This is good too, provided it's tied to the turret, but the shield should act the same way.

We are pretty close to having nearly all operators be useful. I still think Smoke, Glaz, and Castle underperform with their abilities. Maybe Kapkan too, especially on night maps

Ash is currently a way to destroy Tachanka's gun as well. Her explosive shot destroys it. I wonder if that will remain if she hits the sides.

I still think IQ needs a buff. Her usefulness shot up with everyone using Pulse which is no longer the case.

I believe Kapkan needs to be a 2/2 operator as well, he is way too slow to place his 3 traps (which can be a pain to place where you want them) and 2 reinforcements before the round starts.

Castle kinda needs something but I dont believe people use him enough to be effective. There are plenty of rooms that you can really mess up the team if they dont bring breaching charges.

Other than that though, I think they have done a really good job of balancing. There are multiple combinations of operators to pick on the defense side. On the attacking side you still have quite a few must haves though (Thermite, Ash, Thatcher/Twitch).

moai

I play on brazil servers and there has been a spike on pings. Everyone is near 150-180. Is something going on?

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
i've had to redownload the entire game because i encountered an unfortunate situation with my PS4, i had to format it all. Hopefully the terrorist hunt progress is saved online because otherwise i would be pissed.

Ash is currently a way to destroy Tachanka's gun as well. Her explosive shot destroys it. I wonder if that will remain if she hits the sides.

I still think IQ needs a buff. Her usefulness shot up with everyone using Pulse which is no longer the case.

I believe Kapkan needs to be a 2/2 operator as well, he is way too slow to place his 3 traps (which can be a pain to place where you want them) and 2 reinforcements before the round starts.

Castle kinda needs something but I dont believe people use him enough to be effective. There are plenty of rooms that you can really mess up the team if they dont bring breaching charges.

Other than that though, I think they have done a really good job of balancing. There are multiple combinations of operators to pick on the defense side. On the attacking side you still have quite a few must haves though (Thermite, Ash, Thatcher/Twitch).

Yeah IQ is useless again. Maybe. Pulse is not as popular but good pulse players will require IQ

I wish IQ could temporarily mark an electronic for teammates

Kapkan should probably definitely be 2/2, but I still think his lasers are obvious at a distance. Visibility should happen a little closer than what they have now.

Castle needs an extra barricade. Ash is always chosen and destroys 2/3 barricades. And a lot of attackers carried breaching charges, which already come in 3s

Thankfully claymores added some needed variety. But still, Sledge, Ash, glaz, and a number of breaching charges is overwhelming for castle

Glaz needs a recoil reduction or a new gun. ACOGs outsnipe Glaz's rifle and that shouldnt really be the case

I hope the last 2 operators are 3 armour too.

flkraven

nah its always been shit. blood coming out of peoples head but somehow i never damaged them

Or when the opposite happens:

52266kj6fojx.gif

flkraven

Anything else crazy happen since just before the shotgun nerfs? I've heard about the shotgun nerfs but haven't played since before them.

Claymores added for attackers. Some defenders lost nitro cell. Some defenders got impact nades. Doc can heal people as well as revive (including healing himself). Blackbeard shield got a huge nerf (used to have 800HP, now has 150HP) but he has 2 of them, twitch now has 2 drones (1 used in the prep phase) and they are faster/quieter, a couple new gun attachments.

Analog movement > WASD

Plus, there's an issue with keyboards (could be isolated to Siege) that cancels sprint if you attempt to move diagonally.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
The hitboxes are so bad sometimes. I was standing right next to a teammate who was firing at a window, and I somehow get headshotted by him. We were both baffled at what happened, the replay clearly showed me completely out of his line of sight.

Last night I stabbed someone and he managed to ignore it, turn around and shoot me. Idk what happened. Bllod came out. It made the sound and was clear in the killcam. I've come to expect bad hit detection, silly hitboxes and nonsense lag compensation, but this is on another level of bullshit from siege. Sneaking up behind someone in a 1v1 situation should be rewarded. It shouldn't be a gamble :/
/salt

You can pull off some absolutely fiendish shit with Claymores during Bomb Defusal rounds. I love that feeling sometimes when you're in time to use them before the community and playerbase fully adapts to the change.

Played some really good rounds as Montagne after that Mt Rushmore vid. Between Montagne and Blitz I'd usually go for Blitz but having spent more time playing him I think I've changed my mind.

I think some players get genuinely confused about how best to handle him if they don't have C4 or grenades. For example, if I throw down some smoke between me and a ranging defender, they usually retreat, which allows me to charge through and melee. You can present a real distraction as well if you turtle in a corner or entrance to an objective area, since the enemy has to keep their eye on you and be aware of what your team is doing.

Good fun.

Played some really good rounds as Montagne after that Mt Rushmore vid. Between Montagne and Blitz I'd usually go for Blitz but having spent more time playing him I think I've changed my mind.

I think some players get genuinely confused about how best to handle him if they don't have C4 or grenades. For example, if I throw down some smoke between me and a ranging defender, they usually retreat, which allows me to charge through and melee. You can present a real distraction as well if you turtle in a corner or entrance to an objective area, since the enemy has to keep their eye on you and be aware of what your team is doing.

Good fun.

Is the melee clipping bug fixed? Pawn rotation seems like a problem too

Apparently the sheild doesnt follow the gun

I want to main montagne but feel detrimental to the team

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
I got all the multiplayer trophies today, all that is left is the terrorist hunt trophies. In other news playing with shields can feel so good, i was down on them before but now i think they are a legit way to play the game.

Top Bottom