• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
I should upload the videos i have saved on PS4, i got a double Kapkan trap kill once :D

Anyone wants to play? Ps4 east coast

I want to play but i'm in Chile so i will get some bad pings for sure, it might be okay though. I'll be online in like 4 hours, my psn id is : amnesiacwanderer feel free to add me guys.

Theecliff

Banned
i know i added a few people on ps4 like a month ago with the intent to play as a group but it's only been in the last few days that i've had a chance to sit down and actually play the game 😅

so i'll gladly join if a few of you are on later. my psn name is the same as on here, theecliff

Just finished my 10 ranked matches and got ranked a silver 3. I'm surprised because I played all 10 with randoms and I think I lost 3 or 4 of them. Oh and fuck Favelas.

Beaulieu

Hi Gaf

I havent played that since black ice
I have money for 2 operators only

Should I go with Blackbeard, Valkyrie, Capitao or Caveira ?

kagamin

Just started a few days ago on PC thanks to the humble bundle deal, I'm doing okay I think but sometimes my whole team just gets destroyed so easily.

frontovik

Banned
It's all dependent on opinion..

Personally, I'd say that the female Brazilian operator is worth grabbing as her special is definitely a game changer. Aside from that, she's also a terrific ganker/roamer.

KodaRuss

Capitao is a top tier attacker on certain maps

Overall usefulness I'd say Valkyrie = Blackbeard > Capitao > Caveira

I agree with your usefulNess chart. Capitao can be a great attacker and maybe it is just me but she seems to be able tof withstand many more bullets than other 1 armor operators.

Caveira can be amazing and a game changer but it takes a lot of skill/patience to be good with her.

Man I really hope the new attacker operator's skill is removing barricades silently. Was thinking about that while playing today.. Trying to be sneaky getting into house.

OG Kush

Caveria is way too situational and 95 per cent of time ppl playing as her never even get to use her special ability. As someone posted earlier, bruh the dream is over stop picking her and pick someone that will actually benefit the team in some way.

HiiiLife

Caveria is way too situational and 95 per cent of time ppl playing as her never even get to use her special ability. As someone posted earlier, bruh the dream is over stop picking her and pick someone that will actually benefit the team in some way.

Yeah. Use a Rook and drop some plates for your team. Then you can say you actually did something for your buddies, instead of running off and dying as Caveira every round.

KodaRuss

Yeah. Use a Rook and drop some plates for your team. Then you can say you actually did something for your buddies, instead of running off and dying as Caveira every round.

If I am playing Casual I pick Caviera a lot and on Ranked I almost never play as her if that says anything.

HiiiLife

If I am playing Casual I pick Caviera a lot and on Ranked I almost never play as her if that says anything.

Yup. I pick characters I wanna experiment with in casual. So I'll mess with Caveira. Ranked I'm sticking to my guns with operators I know. No time for tomfoolery lol.

Getting those "how the hell did you see me there?" headshots is so satisfying.

As is dual breaching and just wreaking havoc on the ops trying to cower in their corners.

KodaRuss

Yeah, how would you guys rate the new maps? Mine would be:

Favelas
Dust
Yacht

Missed this post earlier but I really like all three maps now (I used to hate Yacht but it is kinda growing on me).

For me it is.
Border
Favelas
Yacht

Favelas is really a ton of fun now, yeah it is chaos but I like defending it. You just have to get creative and go outside to pop the attackers when they are outside from where ever you can.

EX. Perfect place to go outside to hit attackers when they are attacking the first floor is from either the football office and bedroom. Also the football office has the hatch you can blow out to hit them from above if they try to enter the biker bedroom.

Best tactics I have had luck with on Favelas is to basically just freak the attackers out from entering the building and waste their time if you cannot pull off the kills.

Rocketz

Really wish we could get some more serious headgear. While it's nice we have the option, the goofy one's are becoming a bit much now.

LTnAj63.jpg

Been getting back into this game over the past few days and it's a serious blast. The only thing hampering my fun is random server disconnects. I feel like every other game I'll get randomly disconnected from the server and then automatically rejoin as a spectator, and when the round is over I'm not given a chance to pick an operator and I just default to Recruit.

I believe the error code I kept getting last night was 2-0x0000B005 (if that means anything to anyone). A quick Googlin' shows some other people running into the same issues but no real solution.

Any tips?

Edit: I'm on PC btw

KodaRuss

Really wish we could get some more serious headgear. While it's nice we have the option, the goofy one's are becoming a bit much now.

Supposedly this was for talk like a pirate day and that more serious headgear is coming if we are to believe the mods from the subreddit.

KodaRuss

I saw that Tachanka picture, hopefully they do some more buffs/nerfs besides that soon. I feel like the newest buffs/nerfs were pretty solid overall.

Honestly though i am not sure that helps Tachanka a ton, I still wouldnt ever pick him if he was protected from the sides and that was the only change.

I saw that Tachanka picture, hopefully they do some more buffs/nerfs besides that soon. I feel like the newest buffs/nerfs were pretty solid overall.

Honestly though i am not sure that helps Tachanka a ton, I still wouldnt ever pick him if he was protected from the sides and that was the only change.

His head is protected, too.

KodaRuss

His head is protected, too.

He is still just too easily countered. Distract from one side shoot at him from the other. Capitao laughs at Tachanka right now. I think a remote firing mechanism would be perfect and would actually get people to use him.

Set it up aiming down a hallway or door and Tachanka has a remote detonator to fire some rounds.

He is still just too easily countered. Distract from one side shoot at him from the other. Capitao laughs at Tachanka right now. I think a remote firing mechanism would be perfect and would actually get people to use him.

Set it up aiming down a hallway or door and Tachanka has a remote detonator to fire some rounds.

As a remote sentry it could be too strong if it can only be feasibly destroyed with EMP/Frag or by flanking and disabling it.

I used to main the fuck out of Tachanka but he's just useless on some maps.

KodaRuss

As a remote sentry it could be too strong if it can only be feasibly destroyed with EMP/Frag or by flanking and disabling it.

I used to main the fuck out of Tachanka but he's just useless on some maps.

You are a truly a hero.

Maybe you only get one or two chances to use the remote sentry? It would be a less effective way

Chanka will never be top-tier but this will at least make him a lot more viable for locking down certain areas of the map. If Capitao is his one rock-paper-scissors counter, that's not so bad and is pretty situational. Chanka is now legit when it comes to locking down a wall with multiple windows and peaking Blackbeards.

Flanking is always a concern, but hopefully you won't be in a 1v5 situation where you're sitting on your MG as Chanka :) Your team is there to cover your flanks, in an ideal world.

Maybe they'll buff him in some other way, too? More damage, quicker dismount, etc.

manhack

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comments/53nkga/muzzle_brake_changed_on_92016/

The intention of the Muzzle Brake attachment was to reduce first shot recoil; however, it was not intended to reduce the recoil of automatic fire, which it has been doing since its introduction. To correct this, we deployed a server-side fix to remove the automatic fire recoil reduction, something that the Compensator already does. The Muzzle Brake will still have reduced first shot recoil making it a viable option for tap firing behavior.

Figured as much. The description/stats for it made it a no-brainer as it replaced two attachments, which I thought was odd. Guess I'll swap back to the Flash Hider.

P90 is so hot right now

It used to be hot garbage. I still get wasted trying to use it past mid range but it's become more viable now. I always use it with Doc, the ability to overheal can give you such an edge during those "rush in during the last 20 seconds" moments and having a big magazine always helps.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Still think removing the headshot multiplier for Tachanka would be enough buff.

Top Bottom