• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

vlaktron

Neo Member
Any idea on an ETA? I'm sitting on nearly 25k and wondering if I should jump on an operator now or wait it out...

Usually comes out after the pro league finals, which i think are in mid November. So late November or early December if they push it back?

Dalibor68

Banned
Man, this game really pisses you off when losing. For some reason I was on a winning streak like 10 matches straight and was suddenly Gold II (despite my skill level being more middle Silver), now the winning streak is over and I constantly get owned. Hope I get deranked soon.

Jarrod38

Some people are so petty in this game. Got kicked because I died right after a team mate decided to rush. Put they tked someone and no vote.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
i finally got my pretzel charm yesterday, time is running out so guys try out to get it if you can! Also i don't know if i want to play this game anymore until my lag is fixed, it hurts so much having shitty internet.

CatPee

Just got Caveira. What's up with not being able to toggle laser sights?

The cost of having a laser sight is increased hipfire accuracy at the cost of potentially being more visible to enemies. Being able to toggle would just result in literally everyone having a laser sight on every gun without any drawbacks whatsoever.

So there is a sale for this at the moment.

I know people in the thread has gotten this question loads of times but is the game active. What's your impressions.

Thanks.

Detox

On the topic of lasersights they recently got buffed and there is no line anymore just the dot. I think it should be used on all pistols at the very least.

This game has by far the worst online community of any game i have ever played. So far i haven't played a single ranked game without 1-2 leavers and a couple of intentional team kills. And we are talking 100 plus games, truly horendous player base on ps4.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
This game has by far the worst online community of any game i have ever played. So far i haven't played a single ranked game without 1-2 leavers and a couple of intentional team kills. And we are talking 100 plus games, truly horendous player base on ps4.

I think for some reason this game brings out the worst in people, If you kill people in the preparation phase the should auto kick you, ubisoft please.

Ardenyal

6 terrorist hunt missions and 5 of them ended because of people vote kicking for no reason or team killing. Guess farming renown in TH is pointless outside of soloing.

Never seen it this bad before.

Edit: couple more matches and one more vote kick right off the bat.

I agree that the past few days have been pretty heavy with team killing and random crappy behavior at least on PS4 for me. I dunno what's caused such a noticeable spike cause it had been pretty infrequent for me up until Friday.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
6 terrorist hunt missions and 5 of them ended because of people vote kicking for no reason or team killing. Guess farming renown in TH is pointless outside of soloing.

Never seen it this bad before.

In bank you can grind some easy renown using bandit in the hostage mode, you just gotta pick the vault location and place your batteries correctly. I'm personally farming the trophies but you could grind money that way.

So there is a sale for this at the moment.

I know people in the thread has gotten this question loads of times but is the game active. What's your impressions.

Thanks.

Yes, absolutely active. MP Game of the Generation for me, just like COD4 was last gen and Halo CE was before that.

I always come back to R6

HiiiLife

Yep. Wish my experience had been as "good" as some players ITT but out of all the shooters I've played that have friendly fire enabled, this has been the worst by far. Especially on Xbox. Bunch of grown ass men. That spam your inbox. It's suspect lol.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
Something about Jager's assault rifle and strafing speed has really clicked with me. I've been dominating a few games with him.

elfinke

Quick PC troubleshooting question for the fans:

Nevermind, after much toing-and-froing back and forth, I troubleshooted him out of trouble. Port forwarding seem to have fixed it.

OG Kush

There are a couple of ways to go about this

Are you looking to keep your DS4 as the source?

Idaelly, but open to hearing about other solutions.

Basically, I've reached near top of Gold ranking and can't get through. Figured its time to buy a mic and get more involved. Would also be good to play some some GAFfers as I just play lone wolf and gets frustrating at times.

Idaelly, but open to hearing about other solutions.

Basically, I've reached near top of Gold ranking and can't get through. Figured its time to buy a mic and get more involved. Would also be good to play some some GAFfers as I just play lone wolf and gets frustrating at times.

You may have one or more of the below items, but cheapest and quickest solution I've come across would be

Zalman mic
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00029MTMQ/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Adapter
http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-Pole-3-5m...dapter-Cable-for-PS4-Controller-/351387287913

If you want volume/mute control
http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/accessories/adjustr/124762

I've personally used the above setup without issue

Edit: If you have a pair of headphones with a detachable 3.5mm cable, then the Vmoda BoomPro would your best bet but costs more - $30
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BJ17WKK/?tag=neogaf0e-20

flkraven

If someone doesn't feel like playing anymore, what the hell do they get from TKing people until they are kicked or C4ing the hostage? Do they just get off on fucking over the other 4 people that don't feel like switching to CoD or Rocket League? These people can get fucked.

I think penalties need to be harsher. The timing of when things happen in a round needs to be even more important than it already is, and there should be a running tally in the background even outside of games. IE, if you C4 the hostage before the round began 3 times this week then you get a 2 hour ban.

Also, there should be a like 'sit in the corner' queue. What good is a 15 minute/ 1 day ban if you were done playing for the night anyways? If you get a 2 hour ban, you should have to 'sit in the corner' ie. Queue up to play and sit there for 2 hours. Don't do the crime if you can't do the time.

If someone doesn't feel like playing anymore, what the hell do they get from TKing people until they are kicked or C4ing the hostage? Do they just get off on fucking over the other 4 people that don't feel like switching to CoD or Rocket League? These people can get fucked.

I think penalties need to be harsher. The timing of when things happen in a round needs to be even more important than it already is, and there should be a running tally in the background even outside of games. IE, if you C4 the hostage before the round began 3 times this week then you get a 2 hour ban.

Also, there should be a like 'sit in the corner' queue. What good is a 15 minute/ 1 day ban if you were done playing for the night anyways? If you get a 2 hour ban, you should have to 'sit in the corner' ie. Queue up to play and sit there for 2 hours. Don't do the crime if you can't do the time.

Are you on PS4?

Over 40 hours on PC, and I've stuck to Casual only....literally have never been TK'd once and I've played most of that with 1 other person. And I don't think I've seen a single purposeful hostage kill.

I've seen some SUPER stupid hostage kills, but they were not purposeful.

flkraven

Are you on PS4?

Over 40 hours on PC, and I've stuck to Casual only....literally have never been TK'd once and I've played most of that with 1 other person. And I don't think I've seen a single purposeful hostage kill.

I've seen some SUPER stupid hostage kills, but they were not purposeful.

Xbox One. I've played roughly 220 hours since I got the game a month or so ago. At least once per night I am TKed during the prep phase or someone C4s the hostage and a few teammates.

Ummm...do the new operators really cost that much? I wasn't lucky enough to get the season pass but the renown price is ridiculously high compared to the OG characters.

flkraven

Ummm...do the new operators really cost that much? I wasn't lucky enough to get the season pass but the renown price is ridiculously high compared to the OG characters.

The price is fine IMO. It is literally the season pass, and you are able to buy it with in-game currency. None of the DLC operators are really essential, and you get renown a lot faster than you think once the R6 addiction sets in. I have 2 DLCs operators, all of the main ones, and I'm about to get to 40K renown. I'm hoarding all the renown I can right now until the 4th batch of operators are announced.

The price is fine IMO. It is literally the season pass, and you are able to buy it with in-game currency. None of the DLC operators are really essential, and you get renown a lot faster than you think once the R6 addiction sets in. I have 2 DLCs operators, all of the main ones, and I'm about to get to 40K renown. I'm hoarding all the renown I can right now until the 4th batch of operators are announced.

I guess. I'm a casual player and it just seems like a lot of time compared to other shooters to get an unlock. Does the season pass ever go on sale?

flkraven

I guess. I'm a casual player and it just seems like a lot of time compared to other shooters to get an unlock. Does the season pass ever go on sale?

I don't think it's been on sale yet, but I will most definitely buy season 2 after being a late comer to the game. If you are a casual player, then just think of those operators as dlc you didn't pay for. Much like playing CoD without a season pass, and being unable to play the new maps. Only this way, if you play a bunch you can get the season pass free and the player base is never split.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, of all things not fine with this game, Operator cost isn't one of them.

I have every character unlocked and I'm sitting on over 210,000 Renown.

damn that is a high number, i assume you play every week? I have only unlocked one operator and just now i have gotten enough to unlock another operator, to be fair i did spent 10k on a cool universal skin, personally i think getting renown is slow.

CrayToes

Yeah I'm done with this game right now. I can't find a single ranked match without playing a team of twats with 150+ ping whilst my team is 60-70. It makes it literally unplayable.

OG Kush

You may have one or more of the below items, but cheapest and quickest solution I've come across would be

Zalman mic
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00029MTMQ/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Adapter
http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-Pole-3-5m...dapter-Cable-for-PS4-Controller-/351387287913

If you want volume/mute control
http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/accessories/adjustr/124762

I've personally used the above setup without issue

Edit: If you have a pair of headphones with a detachable 3.5mm cable, then the Vmoda BoomPro would your best bet but costs more - $30
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BJ17WKK/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Thanks mate. Really appreciate it!

damn that is a high number, i assume you play every week? I have only unlocked one operator and just now i have gotten enough to unlock another operator, to be fair i did spent 10k on a cool universal skin, personally i think getting renown is slow.

You could've used that to buy at LEAST 4 more operators.

Getting renown is not slow lol.

EDIT: Unless you got the Starter edition...then its 15k per regular operator......which IS a lot.

Thanks mate. Really appreciate it!

No problem.

If you have a pair of earphones/buds with an inline mic then the AdjustR from Gamestop should be all you need for volume/mute functionality. Non of the inline controls in my earphones collection worked. Of course, voice and game audio quality/clarity will vary by brand.

Disgraced

I think the laser beam should be an option, whether as a second attachment or a toggle. Of course, it's good it's gone for standard arms but I actually found it helpful when hip-firing with a shield—and the Lord ['Chanka] knows the last thing shields need now is a nerf, which removing the beam is for me and I presume at least one other person.

For a long time I'd brushed off Glaz as a useless operator picked only xXQu1ckSk0pezXx players with a sniper fetish but actually he can be really good in some situations.

Played a few matches with him tonight. He can really screw things up for roamers on some of the maps, and also for fortified enemies who can't help but peek. So many defenders seem to forget they'll win a match if they just run out the clock and will expose themselves in the last few seconds. And you can't argue with the SVU at mid to long range either.

I've been using Smoke for a long time but I've come to the conclusion that no matter how well I hide a gas cell in an opportune place, its incredibly difficult to maximize it's potential.
The closest I've gotten is tucking it behind some containers at the twin entry points closest to the Luggage Hold on presidential plane. A Montagne, Thermite and Buck were all clustered there aiming down that long corridor into the objective zone but waiting for Montagne in front to clear the wire. I set off the gas and they panicked and ran forwards rather than do a 180 and got stuck in the wire. Two kills and an assist from one gas canister. All told though I think I've managed a whopping 8 kills with the gas in my entire time with the game.

I don't know what they did to Blitz lately but it seems that shield has become entirely redundant. I constantly get killed crouching with the shield facing an enemy head on, not aiming with the pistol. I used to pick him all the time but the hitbox seems all kind of fucked up right now.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
You could've used that to buy at LEAST 4 more operators.

Getting renown is not slow lol.

EDIT: Unless you got the Starter edition...then its 15k per regular operator......which IS a lot.

I have the vanilla edition on ps4 and every dlc operator cost like 25k, it is too high if you ask me.

I have the vanilla edition on ps4 and every dlc operator cost like 25k, it is too high if you ask me.
ubisoft weekly challenges, daily* challenges, 250-300 renown per win. Quite easy. Takes about 25-30 hours of gameplay for me. If you end up buying skins during that time well tough luck lol. I'm vanilla skin and headgear, except for gold which i barely use. bought the black ice skin for 25k once cause gotta rep canada. +the hearts one on the mac-11 'cause <3

Top Bottom