• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

LAM09

Those patch notes make me incredibly nervous.

New Technology, might rollback to 4.2 if there are problems. Worried about risks.

But hey, maybe they knock it out of the park and everything works.

Ill give them credit for being honest/transparent that the are worried/excited about some things in this patch.

Every patch they release seems to break something, so I don't expect that to change this time around.

Restarting the game usually fixes that

Only reason why I bring it up is because I did all the port forwarding stuff for XBL and every game since, PC or otherwise, has been Open NAT.

Siege has always been Open NAT...update to new patch....suddenly says Moderate.

People on reddit have made the same complaints.

Granted, I didn't re-launch the game, I just saw the Moderate and just closed it because I just wanted to get the patch downloaded and I didn't actually have time to play.

hao chi

Anybody else getting error code 2-0x0000C003 whenever the game attempts to create a squad? I tried restarting the game and I'm still getting the error. I'm on PS4.

flkraven

This is why you get your metal walls before the prep phase ends:

W-09Ge.gif

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
I was playing this match and at the very last round this Sledge on my team turned to face me when were going towards the objective, i should have known right there that he was gonna kill me but i gave him a chance and just started to run the opposite way, he started shooting and i got killed. I think the lesson here is that i should have killed him first without hesitation, sometimes you just know.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
I was playing this match and at the very last round this Sledge on my team turned to face me when were going towards the objective, i should have known right there that he was gonna kill me but i gave him a chance and just started to run the opposite way, he started shooting and i got killed. I think the lesson here is that i should have killed him first without hesitation, sometimes you just know.

i really don't get this - what pleasure do people get from tking? it sounds boring and inane.

The more the patches roll out, the more disappointed I get that it seems the technical issues in this game may never get fixed which really holds it back from being a fun, fair and honestly great game. If they did fix the big issues I would be happy, but it's been close to a year and there seems to be the same underlying problems, and the small problems get replaced by other small problems. The one thing they did do was implement a pretty good (not amazing) anticheat, then again that should had been there from the start. I really want to love this game but it ends up annoying me more than giving me that satisfying gameplay, I probably played too much and seeing the same BS gets to me.

The lack of respawn makes this game so ripe for backseat driving. I was the last person alive on a team recently, and all 4 teammates were telling me to do different things at the same time. One person was telling me when to reload. Then I got shot and one of them said "I would have killed all of them". The only reason he was watching me was because he had just failed to 'kill all of them.'

I love it though, because it allows for Counter Strike style dramatic clutch victories.

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
It's hard to resist the urge to backseat game. I know sometimes I say too much shit when I'm dead, but I do try to keep it to callouts and facts. I don't tell people what to do, I tell them what I know, e.g. instead of saying "yo reload!" I'll say "you have 5 bullets". If I knew where someone was, I'll say the WERE there, not that they ARE there. When in doubt just shut up so you a) don't distract, and b) let them use their ears to hear in-game sounds.

The lack of respawn makes this game so ripe for backseat driving. I was the last person alive on a team recently, and all 4 teammates were telling me to do different things at the same time. One person was telling me when to reload. Then I got shot and one of them said "I would have killed all of them". The only reason he was watching me was because he had just failed to 'kill all of them.'

I love it though, because it allows for Counter Strike style dramatic clutch victories.

Yeah, my absolute fav backseat drivers are the ones who, while dead, watch you get killed and then rag on you for dying.

what

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
god damn it feels good to properly play this game and get a win when you are outnumbered, my heart literally beats faster when i'm trying to get a clutch.

KodaRuss

Between this thread and the subreddit, it seems like the vast majority of the toxicity is on console.

Eh, ignore Alpine he hates the game he plays so much. Secretly he loves the pain.

Regardless, if they can ever fix the hit detection issues or maybe get the kill cams showing what actually happened then life would be great, until they break something else.

Eh, ignore Alpine he hates the game he plays so much. Secretly he loves the pain.

Regardless, if they can ever fix the hit detection issues or maybe get the kill cams showing what actually happened then life would be great, until they break something else.

Yes, ignore me. After you post a lot of what proves my point. 😉

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
Booted up Siege on my PS4 because I was getting sick of Infinite Warfare and I was too lazy to switch to PC. Get kicked 7 seconds into character select. Presumably because I picked Jaeger. Lol.

They should at least make it so they have to wait for the round to start before they can kick you, so they lose out on their precious operator for a round when they pull that shit. Really stupid that they didn't put in some matchmaking ban exceptions.

flkraven

Booted up Siege on my PS4 because I was getting sick of Infinite Warfare and I was too lazy to switch to PC. Get kicked 7 seconds into character select. Presumably because I picked Jaeger. Lol.

They should at least make it so they have to wait for the round to start before they can kick you, so they lose out on their precious operator for a round when they pull that shit. Really stupid that they didn't put in some matchmaking ban exceptions.

I really don't understand how people can get so hooked onto a single operator. Typically when I play I just wait until others select their operators before I pick mine, and I just fill the last role. The funny thing is that I always notice that the first 3 picked always seem to be selfish-ish, solo-style classes that roam (ie. Caviera, Pulse, Valk). Meanwhile I'm selecting Rook, Jaeger, Mute/Bandit, etc as it's needed.

To be honest, I've been most annoyed recently by the trend of people selecting Doc before Rook (especially in ranked play). I mean, if you like his guns just use Rook and give everyone on the team armor too.

Akai__

Are the servers down? Because it says Ubisoft Services aren't available.

Btw. are there any other content updates planned for this game? New operators or maps?

LAM09

Saw on twitter that the 4.3 console patch is going to be pushed back to the 27th :(. No reason given.

Probably someone at Ubi tested it and encountered multiple issues that normally come along with every patch.

Btw. are there any other content updates planned for this game? New operators or maps?

A new map and two Japanese operators should be out next month.

Saw on twitter that the 4.3 console patch is going to be pushed back to the 27th :(. No reason given.

There was a small patch released on PC after 4.3 that is causing crash to desktop errors for people with i7-6700 CPUs. Could be related.

Yes. November. 2 new Japanese operators and 1 new map.

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
To be honest, I've been most annoyed recently by the trend of people selecting Doc before Rook (especially in ranked play). I mean, if you like his guns just use Rook and give everyone on the team armor too.
I don't necessarily mind that. He's newly buffed, people want to play something new. And it's not like he has no team function. I do a lot of roaming and more often than not, healing up from 50 health when I return to base ends up being more useful than being able to tank one more hit over the course of a round. But yeah, Rook and Doc are best used as a pair.

andycapps

Bought this on PC after playing it for months on PS4.

Get on the siege discord with your group we always have 1-2 groups playing with overflow people looking for groups. Everyone is a regular since the game came out and is chill. We are all high silver/gold rank now iirc.

Here is the link: https://discord.gg/qnfybeP

This link isn't valid anymore, can someone post the discord link? PM it if you don't want want non-GAF seeing it.

Got it, thanks.

hao chi

I really don't understand how people can get so hooked onto a single operator. Typically when I play I just wait until others select their operators before I pick mine, and I just fill the last role. The funny thing is that I always notice that the first 3 picked always seem to be selfish-ish, solo-style classes that roam (ie. Caviera, Pulse, Valk). Meanwhile I'm selecting Rook, Jaeger, Mute/Bandit, etc as it's needed.

I wouldn't describe any classes as selfish since they all make it harder for the attackers in one way or another, and a good flank by Caveira or Pulse killing someone that's placing a breaching charges is extremely helpful, but I really wouldn't describe Valkyrie as a "solo" class because anybody can use her cameras and help improve a team's information.

flkraven

I wouldn't describe any classes as selfish since they all make it harder for the attackers in one way or another, and a good flank by Caveira or Pulse killing someone that's placing a breaching charges is extremely helpful, but I really wouldn't describe Valkyrie as a "solo" class because anybody can use her cameras and help improve a team's information.

I moreso meant the type of player that selects these classes in public matches. Went people use pulse or caviera effectively it's great but it always ends up with Pulse on the other side of the map dying instantly or caviera out in the middle of no where while the team secures the area, etc

Top Bottom