• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Hey y'all , you guys think it's too late to get into this game? I have a lot of experience with other first person online shooters but I dont want to buy this one and just get utterly bodied I'm trying to decide between this and overwatch or the destiny collection if anything .

Hey y'all , you guys think it's too late to get into this game? I have a lot of experience with other first person online shooters but I dont want to buy this one and just get utterly bodied I'm trying to decide between this and overwatch or the destiny collection if anything .

I don't think it's too late personally. I just started really playing in late June and I do relatively okay in matches. It does take some time to get used to though and to learn what operators you enjoy using/work best in certain situations etc. but it's not an impossibly huge learning curve.

It's not as easy to pick and play as overwatch is but it's not an impossible task.
It also helps to have people to play with but I'd say the same for overwatch and destiny too.

I guess. I'm a casual player and it just seems like a lot of time compared to other shooters to get an unlock. Does the season pass ever go on sale?
The price is a bit ridiculously high and it makes the season pass worth it. Focus on getting the base game operators first, and if you're still loving the game by then, buy the season pass. That's what I did at least.

I don't think it's too late personally. I just started really playing in late June and I do relatively okay in matches. It does take some time to get used to though and to learn what operators you enjoy using/work best in certain situations etc. but it's not an impossibly huge learning curve.

It's not as easy to pick and play as overwatch is but it's not an impossible task.
It also helps to have people to play with but I'd say the same for overwatch and destiny too.
I appreciate the response, I ended up going with overwatch

There is a Siege update scheduled for the PS Store this week called "Castle Blood Dragon"...

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/201...id=783290951280111616&adbpl=tw&adbpr=36969785

Is that a halloween map or something?

Okay, I've BARELY used Castle in my hundreds of hours of play time, like seriously maybe an hour. But I will buy the shit out of this!

Also, the DLC operators aren't too expensive. I don't play that regularly anymore but can easily afford the next couple DLC operators easily after buying tonnes of premium skins with renown. If things were different, these would be ONLY paid DLC so I don't have a problem with it.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
Okay, I have 25k and have unlocked Valk so far - who should be the next on my list? I'm thinking an attacker, so maybe Capitao? He seems more versatile than BB, but I'm not sure.

Capitao can be very good when used effectively. He really screws with what defenders consider "safe" spaces. Like that corner in the Master Bedroom on House

Okay, I have 25k and have unlocked Valk so far - who should be the next on my list? I'm thinking an attacker, so maybe Capitao? He seems more versatile than BB, but I'm not sure.

I have cursed BB's name waaaaaaaaay more than Capitao in my 45 hours of play.

I've gotten caught by a Capitao fire arrow literally maybe once ever.

Dysun

Capitao is good but Blackbeard is still a must have even after being nerfed. He changes the way defenders have to play to a larger degree

kagamin

So... this happened to me:
Uhhhh, Blackbeard I don't think that's how you use the shield:
CuJLO5mUEAIlSMC.jpg

KodaRuss

I ended up going with Capitao - it's super easy to score corner kills with this thing. I'm in love.

Good call, he is a damn good attacker.

I am hope they announce the next DLC soon. Skull Rain has kept me going for a lot longer than the other two DLCs I believe. It seems that for the most part they have kept getting better. I would say Border is better than Favelas though.

I have been playing a lot of Terrorist Hunt lately trying to get the damn platinum for this game. About halfway through getting all the kills I need as well as penetration kills and defend game modes.

Man Favelas is such trash. I wish it had fewer destructible outside walls. I swear the map can be made so much better if they cut down on that bullshit.

This has to be the only map I really dislike. I like Plane and Yacht just fine

flkraven

Man Favelas is such trash. I wish it had fewer destructible outside walls. I swear the map can be made so much better if they cut down on that bullshit.

Most of the destructible walls are fine. The main problem is the very top room for defenders. Even if every single teammate remembers to put up their metal walls, it's still just a kill box through the 2 windows + door. Most of the time a wall or 2 is forgotten, and it gets destroyed almost instantly by ash

KodaRuss

I love defending it now. I kinda smile when the map comes up. However, defending the top level can be a pain, you gotta get creative and pop outside to kill rappeling attackers.

Nowise10

Bought the game and my 3rd match I got team killed and was voted kicked out of the game. Great start, makes me want to keep playing.

Bought the game and my 3rd match I got team killed and was voted kicked out of the game. Great start, makes me want to keep playing.
My first few matches were all horrible experiences. I still see team kills and other annoyances, but at a far less degree. I encourage you to stick with it until you can play in Ranked where all of that happens far less.

I bought the game last year but haven't really played until the last few weeks.

I had the same initial experience but stick with it as the good experiences far outweigh the bad.

Tangeroo

Just a quick question... did you immediately jump into multiplayer or did you go through all the situations and unlock a good selection of operators first? Not saying it was right, but if you haven't yet, unlock six operators before jumping into multiplayer.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
Got my first ace yesterday - I was playing Doc, defending the hostage. We managed to reach 3-3 on Clubhouse (@ the stripper room) when things turned ugly and I was on my own versus the remaining 3. Somehow, the hostage got hurt, so they were forced to bumrush me. I ripped into two of them easily, but the third one downed me behind the lapdance sofa. With my last health dart, I rezzed myself and shot the operator in the face as he was scrambling to help the hostage. I don't think he saw it coming. Muahaha! Fuck, I think I'm hooked.

OG Kush

Yeah I'm hooked... But the worst part is I've been unemployed for about a month now and this is really getting in the way of doing job applications haha

Archpath1

claymores were such a good addition to the game

i almost wish we can get two, but that would be kind of op

Yea cool addition
Made a hole foot level in a high traffic hall placed it on the opposite wall so the laser would shoot through the hole. Boom got one.

KodaRuss

Played a casual game last night where the Sledge on our team got 3 hammer kills in the same round. He did not have a mic unfortunately and I did not see all the kills (so they could have been DBNO) but I was thoroughly impressed.

Got my first ace yesterday - I was playing Doc, defending the hostage. We managed to reach 3-3 on Clubhouse (@ the stripper room) when things turned ugly and I was on my own versus the remaining 3. Somehow, the hostage got hurt, so they were forced to bumrush me. I ripped into two of them easily, but the third one downed me behind the lapdance sofa. With my last health dart, I rezzed myself and shot the operator in the face as he was scrambling to help the hostage. I don't think he saw it coming. Muahaha! Fuck, I think I'm hooked.

Nice work man

Hmm
Did they forget the thermite bug or was that previously fixed? I believe the hatch exploit was patched, but not for walls?

Also, the TK bans... It should be an auto boot if you're TK'D within 30-45 seconds of a match starting. They'll still waiting for the second death before doing anything (when it works)

IDK why they don't just implement a "Do you want to kick this person" system immediately after you get TK'd?

I understand it can be abused if you did it by accident....but honestly, from my 50+ hours of Siege on PC, it has a shockingly nice community. Most people say "My bad" and "It's all good" and move on if it's an accidental TK.

IDK why they don't just implement a "Do you want to kick this person" system immediately after you get TK'd?

I understand it can be abused if you did it by accident....but honestly, from my 50+ hours of Siege on PC, it has a shockingly nice community. Most people say "My bad" and "It's all good" and move on if it's an accidental TK.

Yeah I think that might be the way to go. Even if it's just the second time, then it would definitely be deserved.

Archpath1

Maybe ricochet damage.
you shoot/dmg a friendly ,you take the damage

I liked this when it was on cod s&d

Ofcourse you had people trying to get in your sights

KodaRuss

Those patch notes make me incredibly nervous.

New Technology, might rollback to 4.2 if there are problems. Worried about risks.

But hey, maybe they knock it out of the park and everything works.

Ill give them credit for being honest/transparent that the are worried/excited about some things in this patch.

Top Bottom