• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
Well, I don't really find "in a loving and joking manner" to be a compelling excuse for what could be problematic behavior. But regarding that all I have is theory (or a lack of time to elaborate on Thanksgiving), obviously. As for something more conclusive—Twitch is definitely thinner, her ass seems to portude further, and I already brought up the makeup. Traits I certainly see as more stereotypically sexual than before. And I think that's unneccesary and potentially hamrful. In any case, I agree; you don't see it.

I don't think you're wrong here - I've made the same comment. they've made several changes to make Twitch look more sexually appealing. The red lipstick is really out of place when you look at all the other characters. Sure, she's not bending over or doing something overtly sexual, but the fact that Ubi saw her and said "you know what? She's not hot enough. make her skinnier and bring out those lips" bothers the fuck out of me. It wouldn't bother me as much if the male operators got similar attention, but that's not going to happen now is it?

Dalibor68

Banned
Well, I don't really find "in a loving and joking manner" to be a compelling excuse for what could be problematic behavior. But regarding that all I have is theory (or a lack of time to elaborate on Thanksgiving), obviously. As for something more conclusive—Twitch is definitely thinner, her ass seems to portude further, and I already brought up the makeup. Traits I certainly see as more stereotypically sexual than before. And I think that's unneccesary and potentially hamrful. In any case, I agree; you don't see it.

It's not problematic behaviour and nobody but you was offended by this shrek meme other than you. If anything is problematic then it's your ability to see something that isn't there and in the same breath of air accuse half the community of being racists. With the usual weird replay lighting he sometimes literally looks like shrek: http://i.imgur.com/J5bv1zV.jpg

VuM5xdq.png

cW09V2y.png

How is her ass portruding? If anything blackbeards' is sticking out more.

Now the makeup. On the cards:

Both have essentially the same lip color here and both have weirdly shaped eyebrows. The major difference is head form which they changed.

"Thinner" as in more sexually attractive thinner is also made up in your mind. Her armor is slightly less(but in no way in "sexualized" way), more appropriate to a 2-armor operator imo:

What I will give you is the lipstick on the ingame model, that's out of place, but that's about it.

OG Kush

Just had a 6 hour binge after not playing for about a week. This new 5.1 patch didnt even fix anything. I hate how much I love this game yet Ubisoft are so incompetent. really shows the strength of the core gameplay.

I hate the Twitch redesign. They probably want to sell more skins/outfits and looked at Overwatch and saw that its more likely if people want to bang them.

Dalibor68

Banned
I hate the Twitch redesign. They probably want to sell more skins/outfits and looked at Overwatch and saw that its more likely if people want to bang them.

Sure sex sells, but I much rather believe they were trying to increase recognizability as a whole with the skimask + lipstick combo because twitch frankly didnt have any remarkable features and was ignored by cosplayers in favor of Caveira and Ash.

You could also do without the implication that players are these sex-starved nerds who run and buy anything with attractive women.

Disgraced

It's not problematic behaviour and nobody but you was offended by this shrek meme other than you. If anything is problematic then it's your ability to see something that isn't there and in the same breath of air accuse half the community of being racists. With the usual weird replay lighting he sometimes literally looks like shrek: http://i.imgur.com/J5bv1zV.jpg
Wow, how specific that is. Maybe I'm seeing things that aren't there and you're not seeing things that are. I'm not prepared to accuse half the community there of being racist. However, I don't think it's crazy to generalize a little bit by implying that because it's a such a large site with "diverse" perspectives certain attitudes from certain parts of it could appear here and there in subtle ways. And the thing about those subtle ways is that a lot of people don't get them or get offended by them.
How is her ass portruding? If anything blackbeards' is sticking out more.

[...]

"Thinner" as in more sexually attractive thinner is also made up in your mind. Her armor is slightly less(but in no way in "sexualized" way), more appropriate to a 2-armor operator imo:
I'm not going to draw a line up their backsides, but I will say that you're wrong because her outfit is clearly smoother, tighter, and reveals much more of her physique. Which, combined with the red lipstick from Sin City is clearly meant to appeal sexually.

Disgraced

Also, almost none of the ops look their armor class. Or rather, it's entirely debatable across the board. While they're mildly lankier, Jäger and Bandit hardly appear more protected than Castle and Thermite, for instance.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I prefer original twitch...redesign looks like bad fan art.

Huge swing and miss on that one. I'm sure the artist who did the original is pissed off about the amateurish, laughable redesign.

Gibbo

Is this still worth picking this up for Co op missions on PC? I have the base game but stopped playing 6 months back due to work commitments. I'm thinking of buying the season pass at 50% off and getting back into the game.

Disgraced

Is this still worth picking this up for Co op missions on PC? I have the base game but stopped playing 6 months back due to work commitments. I'm thinking of buying the season pass at 50% off and getting back into the game.
If you liked the co-op a whole lot when you first played, maybe. But they haven't really touched that part of the game since launch afaik, besides the new maps being implemented. One of the new characters' abilities is practically useless in the mode as well (I believe).

If you get the game I would get it for the PVP, honestly. That's where essentially all the attention has been devoted thus far, and I think there are a lot of better, well-supported co-op games.

*Oh, and you still can't play the PVE mode offline. And that's a heap of horseshit, I says.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member

Why are you so defensive about this? I personally find the comparison uncomfortable as well, since it's based on his racial features. Would you start comparing real people to Shrek in a joking and loving manner as well?

Same with Twitch, you can dress this up anyway you like, but the only "issue" is that her old model didn't look like potential waifu material. Her mask texture was off, but Ubi decided no, we ought to sex up that face with the blowjob lips.

The co-op in the game is super dull. Stick around if you're interested in the PvP, but otherwise, better to move on.

Dalibor68

Banned
Why are you so defensive about this? I personally find the comparison uncomfortable as well, since it's based on his racial features. Would you start comparing real people to Shrek in a joking and loving manner as well?

Same with Twitch, you can dress this up anyway you like, but the only "issue" is that her old model didn't look like potential waifu material. Her mask texture was off, but Ubi decided no, we ought to sex up that face with the blowjob lips.

It's not based on his racial features. It's primarily based on his skin having a green/yellowish tint especcially in this borked replay lighting which led to these comparisons in the first place together with his extraordinarily flat and wide nose (which is unusual in this extreme for black people as well) so people instantly were reminded of "hey, this guy looks kinda like shrek!" and not "hey, he's black, shrek has a wide nose, must be the same! those black people and their noses huh?". There is simply zero evidence for that theory. Look through the reddit threads.

As for the lipstick I agree it's unnecessary and sexualized but the rest no. Disgraced again you argue about the thinner model - they remodelled the whole model and didn't just use the editor to decrease hips and increase ass or something. There is zero sexualization here because the form itself is still the same just thinner. Her ass or tits are not focused on more and even if it was it wouldn't be out of line with some male operators. I'd agree with you if they somehow changed her body proportions drastically or she was suddenly wearing heals or boob armor, but she isn't. I don't see how it reveals more of her physique either, this is starting to sound sharia police level.

The female operators often have painted nails which is a funny touch I think. Lipstick is a bit silly though.

Disregarding make up for the moment, I've had some great games with Twitch lately. Providing you keep the first drone alive you can absolutely terrorise the defenders. Also a great way to rack up assists

Dalibor68

Banned
Disregarding make up for the moment, I've had some great games with Twitch lately. Providing you keep the first drone alive you can absolutely terrorise the defenders. Also a great way to rack up assists
Agreed, she went from ignore into my top3. The combination of that sweet 417 DMR + fucking with your opponents and destroying their utilities is sweeet.

Detox

This is overblown way out of proportion. Females can take pride in their makeup. Plenty of females in the gym going ham with makeup on.

kvk1

Don't some of the real life operators get called into situations on short notice due to the nature of their job?

Hence the jeans, purple kicks, nail polish, etc.

PS4 Standard edition is on sale for 20 bucks on Amazon

1) how's the community? A lot of people/gaffers still playing? Do people use mics and communicate?

2) can I enjoy this solo?

3) what am I missing by not getting the gold edition? Is there a cheap version of that for ps4 somewhere?

Disgraced

I'm giving this one more shot, so out comes the swearing and italics.
It's not based on his racial features. It's primarily based on his skin having a green/yellowish tint [...]There is simply zero evidence for that theory. Look through the reddit threads.
I've already deflected your first point. It's too specific to account for—wait. Nope, you're right. Nothing here could ever be misconstrued or flatly interpreted as malice.

As for the lipstick I agree it's unnecessary and sexualized but the rest no. Disgraced again you argue about the thinner model - they remodelled the whole model and didn't just use the editor to decrease hips and increase ass or something. There is zero sexualization here because the form itself is still the same just thinner. Her ass or tits are not focused on more and even if it was it wouldn't be out of line with some male operators. I'd agree with you if they somehow changed her body proportions drastically or she was suddenly wearing heals or boob armor, but she isn't. I don't see how it reveals more of her physique either, this is starting to sound sharia police level.
So you're completely dismissing the notion that any more superfluous sexualization could be happening at all? They also tanned IQ and reddened Ash's hair, you know. Traits seen as sexier stereotypically in Western society, are they not? It isn't fucking Sharia law, it's subtlety. A person doesn't need to be physically thinner to appear thinner. All of the operators in the game are roughly the same size, but they don't appear that way at a glance, do they? Her clothes were looser before. She doesn't need to be wearing heels to be sexualized.

And guess what? Believe it or not, I don't have any problem with sexualization inherently. I have my own gaming waifus I've masturbated to many a time. But that's not what I like about the characters of Rainbow Six. I like them because both the boys and the girls look like they could whoop my ass equally. Which I guess is sexy in its own way. The point being their sexuality does not need to be overplayed nor disproportionated. These are SWAT operators not mecha pilots.
Don't some of the real life operators get called into situations on short notice due to the nature of their job?

Hence the jeans, purple kicks, nail polish, etc.
If you're going to wear a balaclava, you're going to wipe a bit of that off or it's going to smear all over the place. Like in your eyes, for example. For Twitch to have that much on that intact, she would've needed to apply it afterwords in the van on the way to the raid. Nail polish makes sense because it doesn't come off easy, and it's actually a nice detail and accentuation of the characters' color palettes. This point would be negated further if they decide to sex up her Valk's face, since I'm fairly sure SEALs would be briefed and prepped before deploying. Not to mention they're famous for entering via fucking water.

nOoblet16

Skyscraper shows up a bit too often in matchmaking, also hostage barely if ever shows up.

I played this game a lot until DLC 1 then I took a break and by the time I got back the regular group of guys In played with stopped playing...that was after I double dipped on PS4 version since the same happened on PC before. Now I've triple dipped on Xbox and playing with my real life friends.

Since the time I've been back and started from scratch on Xbox, I've played bank in like one game...and I'm level 23 now.

FrankCanada97

Roughly the size of a baaaaaarge
I was thinking of dipping my toes into some ranked matches for the first time on PC. How is the ranked community compared to the casual?

Detox

Ranked is a different beast to casual and it's much more tense and fun because of it. Players generally take the game more seriously in ranked. So there'll be less team killing, more teamwork, call outs and cautious play.

The best thing you can do in ranked is as soon as the game loads in use your mic and break the ice with your team. Give call outs and your team will talk more and be more cooperative during the game.

OG Kush

Skyscraper shows up a bit too often in matchmaking, also hostage barely if ever shows up.

I played this game a lot until DLC 1 then I took a break and by the time I got back the regular group of guys In played with stopped playing...that was after I double dipped on PS4 version since the same happened on PC before. Now I've triple dipped on Xbox and playing with my real life friends.

Since the time I've been back and started from scratch on Xbox, I've played bank in like one game...and I'm level 23 now.

I feel in casual it comes up a lot but not much in ranked? Also in matchmaking preferences you can set up what gametypes you prefer. I unticked all but bomb and hostage and only get that. Hostage was pissing me off though due to the place of the hostage on a lot the maps not making sense. Now I just play bomb only.

OG Kush

holy shit why is the fps on ps4 so bad

it's not even impressive graphically either, in fact it's pretty ugly

edit: who are some the best operators to get for a beginner though

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
holy shit why is the fps on ps4 so bad

it's not even impressive graphically either, in fact it's pretty ugly

edit: who are some the best operators to get for a beginner though

Start with Ash for attack and Rook for defence, their abilities are pretty straightforward and should ease into things.

Start with Ash for attack and Rook for defence, their abilities are pretty straightforward and should ease into things.

Alright thanks. But why is the framerate not 60? I really don't get it, for a multiplayer shooter that's pretty important and it's not like the game is pushing the graphics...

oh is it because I'm not playing pvp?

Disgraced

Alright thanks. But why is the framerate not 60? I really don't get it, for a multiplayer shooter that's pretty important and it's not like the game is pushing the graphics...

oh is it because I'm not playing pvp?
Yep. PVP is a pretty stable 60. Iirc if you turn off v-sync PVE can be 60 as well.

Yep. PVP is a pretty stable 60. Iirc if you turn off v-sync PVE can be 60 as well.

holy shit I just turned off vsync and it made a world of difference

usually doesn't have as much impact on pc games, like it's 5 maybe even 10 fps but a full 30fps just for disabling vsync is odd

it has awful screen tearing now though :/

Foxxsoxx

Just picked this game up for $20. How's the ps4 community? Are a lot of people still playing?

Oh yeah it's definitely still kicking.

Terrorist Hunt matches aren't very popular but PVP is always active.

holy shit I just turned off vsync and it made a world of difference

usually doesn't have as much impact on pc games, like it's 5 maybe even 10 fps but a full 30fps just for disabling vsync is odd

it has awful screen tearing now though :/

Yeah unfortunately Terrorist Hunt plays a bit worse than PVP which is a shame considering it can be a lot of fun. And yeah the screen tearing without Vsync is crazy, but it's better than having it enabled.

Dalibor68

Banned

Weird, to me it's the exact opposite. Haven't gotten skyscraper even just once in MP, meanwhile in TH it comes up 90% of the time.

I also really hope Siege wins some MP GOTYs or at least community awards this year, it would really deserve it for the way they kept updating and improving this game (and afaik we'll still get 5.2 in december with Bartlett university map and Tachanka buff?) I mean it's not like there weren't a lot of gamebreaking bugs inbetween, connection errors, serves down for days etc but in the end the positives still outweigh the negatives for me by far and that in itself is an accomplishment.

In multiplayer I'm level 4 already and haven't gotten anything but secure the area once

Uhh is that normal? What about the bomb and hostage ones? Are they only ranked?

Also yeah it's so odd the performance is much worse in the AI modes considering the graphics are identical. Thought if anything mp would be more taxing...

kvk1

Could a kind soul link me to the PC Discord again? Solo-queuing in ranked is no longer fun, and I'm yearning for more communication. Cheers.

In multiplayer I'm level 4 already and haven't gotten anything but secure the area once

Uhh is that normal? What about the bomb and hostage ones? Are they only ranked?

Also yeah it's so odd the performance is much worse in the AI modes considering the graphics are identical. Thought if anything mp would be more taxing...

Secure is the most popular because it is the highest rated by players on most maps.

Top Bottom