• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Dalibor68

Banned
In multiplayer I'm level 4 already and haven't gotten anything but secure the area once

Uhh is that normal? What about the bomb and hostage ones? Are they only ranked?

Also yeah it's so odd the performance is much worse in the AI modes considering the graphics are identical. Thought if anything mp would be more taxing...

I'm playing on PC but here it's really balanced I feel like. Still more Secure the Area(like 50%), but also often the others(25% each) I feel like.

Is the season pass worth buying for 20$?

It literally ends in 5 days, so no. Unless you really really want to unlock all the operators without spending the renown but even then I wouldn't really recommend it and rather wait for what the Year 2 Season pass holds.

Holy shit, the last patch on PS4 has made the game a pain in the ass.

I don't understand how this game is still in this WIP feeling state. Ugh.

Hibana needed two patches to get fixed. But the entire time I have to quit the game after a match because its always stuck.

OG Kush

This only works if everyone on your team has done the same. It's essentially pointless in this case.

Are you sure? I've only got bomb ticked and now all i get is bomb. Don't think its chance cos its been bomb for the past 15 games I've had in the last 2 days. At least its the way on the PS4 playing solo.

Massa

The fact you need 4 votes to kick someone is a great change, but they still need to implement two things: don't tell a user a vote's been opened against them (so people can't troll others this way), and if a single person votes No it should end the vote right away.

XBP

Solo queing ranked can be hard lol. Played 3 matches, got 10, 11 and 15 kills and lost all three matches. Feels bad tbh.

Played 7 out of my 10 ranked placement matches for the new season. Lost all 7 with 1 or 2 people on my team leaving before or just after the first round. My experience so far on PS4 is this game has the worst online community of any game i've ever played. The ranked gamemode is literally unplayable. Guess I'll just stick to unranked, the game is fantastic after all.

JCH!

What the hell is wrong with the matchmaking in this game?

I constantly (read: just played 6 games and happened in 3) get placed in teams with low level players against monster premades.

Most egregious was:
- My team: under level 65 (and I was accountable for 39/40) of those.
vs.
- Enemy team: level 590+ (lol) including a premade of 4.

Why?

LAM09

Played 7 out of my 10 ranked placement matches for the new season. Lost all 7 with 1 or 2 people on my team leaving before or just after the first round. My experience so far on PS4 is this game has the worst online community of any game i've ever played. The ranked gamemode is literally unplayable. Guess I'll just stick to unranked, the game is fantastic after all.

That was exactly my first experience of ranked as well in season 1. Stuck to casual since then, but will give it a go when all is working as it should.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Am I seriously in a fucking ranked game with 8 players with over 200ping whilst mine is 60. Literally wtf Ubisoft.

I fucking love this game but man right now it's falling apart at the seams, so many bullshit bugs. Also i totally got the new thanksgiving charms today, it was a grind but it was worth it, they are cool, specially that drumstick!

Found a new bug today. If you melee Hibana as she sets off her charges the game crashed for everyone and you can't search for a ranked match without going into a casual game and quitting.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
What the hell is wrong with the matchmaking in this game?

I constantly (read: just played 6 games and happened in 3) get placed in teams with low level players against monster premades.

Most egregious was:
- My team: under level 65 (and I was accountable for 39/40) of those.
vs.
- Enemy team: level 590+ (lol) including a premade of 4.

Why?

We had a game yesterday where I was the highest rank of silver 2, and there was a total beginner level 6 player with us as well. On the opposing team, 3 Platinum players and a Gold 3.

I couldn't even.

Anon67

Are there situations where Tachanka is actually useful with his mountable turret? Maybe it's because I haven't played enough or because I mainly play casual but it seems like he and his turret aren't useful since no one uses him.

Also, are there any characters I should ignore from a competitive standpoint? Will start playing competitive soon.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
Are there situations where Tachanka is actually useful with his mountable turret? Maybe it's because I haven't played enough or because I mainly play casual but it seems like he and his turret aren't useful since no one uses him.

Also, are there any characters I should ignore from a competitive standpoint? Will start playing competitive soon.

Eh.. Chanka? He's incredibly suspect to peeking once they know where the turret is. It's often a death wish to stay planted with the turret.

Glaz isn't very useful but he can be used situationally. I'm not sure how often the shield operators are used in competitive, but that's because the hitboxes around the shields aren't reliable. I've gotten one shot killed from being hit in the hand. Most high level players aren't going to fall for Kapkans trip bombs. I think that covers most of it.

Detox

I would rather they keep updating for the next 3-4yrs follow in the footsteps of csgo etc. What they should do is plan a major overhaul of the engine if it is the cause of all these bugs.

I would rather they keep updating for the next 3-4yrs follow in the footsteps of csgo etc. What they should do is plan a major overhaul of the engine if it is the cause of all these bugs.

I dunno if they plan on THAT long a lifecycle, but you're right. The game seems to be struggling under the weight of the current additions and changes. We'll see I guess. For now I'm excited at the thought that there could theoretically be the Australian TAG CTU appear or a similar unit. That would make for a good variety of CTUs.

Pachimari

I'm not that thrilled about 8 more Operators, although I really do want more maps and modes. Hopefully we get some great ones for next year.

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
Apparently we're getting Israel, Spain, South Korea and China according to some Ubisoft China Twitter account thing via Reddit.

I like the Israel choice but not so much the others. Pakistan or something probably would help balance the Israel thing.

I really wanted Polish GROM personally.

LAM09

Apparently we're getting Israel, Spain, South Korea and China according to some Ubisoft China Twitter account thing via Reddit.

I like the Israel choice but not so much the others. Pakistan or something probably would help balance the Israel thing.

I was hoping we would get a set of African operators.

Any YouTube channels that offer good tips and tricks?

I'm so ass at this shit. Was thinking of just grinding through some of the maps in SITUATION til I understand them better, but you won't get experience against other players doing that which is fundamental shit.

Any YouTube channels that offer good tips and tricks?

I'm so ass at this shit. Was thinking of just grinding through some of the maps in SITUATION til I understand them better, but you won't get experience against other players doing that which is fundamental shit.

Watching Serenity really helped me learn some nice spots / tricks. This video of his however is very helpful for beginners: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Gd4KDJ7F1Y

Pick razor wire, set it up outside of a room near the objective with wooden walls. Listen for someone walking through the wire, and try to shoot them through the wall.

Nobody picks Tachanka, so the key is to try to catch one or two by surprise early on, and then immediately abandon the turret because they will throw grenades at you.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Also, if you absolutely must use Tachanka for whatever reason (there isn't one) then at least wait to set up the turret until after the drone phase. And abandon it immediately if you get droned during the round. Either relocate or use LKP as bait.

Or... you know... just don't pick him, ever.

Yes please

white-tiger-patch.png

1.jpg
6.jpg

7.jpg
8.jpg

I don't understand the argument against new operators.... its not like they come at the expense of maps...if anything i would imagine a new operator is an integral part in the creation of every new map....additionally learning the meta on a single map can take a lifetime, i have about 20 days played game time and i wouldn't suggest i have any mastered entirely. If more then a single map is released at any given time, that becomes too much, thats why (IMO) new operators plus a map is a healthy balance and also likely why they didn't drop the university map at the same time as the season 4 operators and skyscraper map.

MAX PAYMENT

Ok. So I just REALLY started to get into this game.

I want season pass 2, but will season pass 1 ever go on sale? Or what happens after it expires. I want the old season operators.

Edit: the game is missing out on some of the USA's premiere breaching units.

andycapps

Ok. So I just REALLY started to get into this game.

I want season pass 2, but will season pass 1 ever go on sale? Or what happens after it expires. I want the old season operators.

Edit: the game is missing out on some of the USA's premiere breaching units.
Believe as of yesterday the season 1 pass is unavailable. You can still get all those operators by unlocking them with renown.

I think we have enough US operators. We've got the FBI ones and two from the SEALS.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Oh god. I just jumped into casual to warm up on the sticks (games I've been playing lately control a lot differently) and holy shit this random community is fuckin toxic. Three matches, and I had to just turn it off.

Friends or nothing from now on.

I bought this game over sales and played few matches, I got killed every time. Didn't even get a single kill. It sucked the enjoyment out of this game and I'm thinking of refunding it :(

Top Bottom