• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Pachimari

I bought this game over sales and played few matches, I got killed every time. Didn't even get a single kill. It sucked the enjoyment out of this game and I'm thinking of refunding it :(
Man I felt the same exact way as you and didnt touch the game for a year. Please do not make the same mistake I did. Stay in there, die a lot, experiment, learn the maps, join my EU group on Discord and improve your game. It will be worthwhile but take time.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
Have you done the operations? Also try solo terrorist hunt.

Exactly.First and most important do the situations and play some terrorist hunt alone in normal to learn some of the maps and learn how to play a few.Then make the jump to the multiplayer.And if you do the roadmap you are going to have enough renown to buy one attacker and one defender.

Some information about the special units of Spain:

U.E.I. of the guardia civil:

53096589.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3uLAR1QUkg

uei-full.png

UEI.png

uei_1.jpg

Or they can go with the G.E.O. of the policia nacional:

parche%20geo%20termoplastico.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGWRQbeVZNQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOypLt1kOrU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cd5wqFNQEY

Web17.jpg

paliza-en-comisaria-tres-policias-se-enfrentan-a-dos-anos-de-carcel-por-apalear-a-un-hombre.jpg

Whatever they choose at the end we have two very good special units.

Detox

This game is really hard to learn if you don't have someone to show you the ropes. Watch some of serenity and kixstar's videos and you might pickup certain things.

andycapps

Still blows my mind how much different the experience is on PS4 than on PC. Mostly because teamkilling in casual is in almost every game if you're solo queuing on PS4, have yet to experience it on PC. The player base on PS4 is toxic and I don't know that it's Ubisoft's focus.

LAM09

Still blows my mind how much different the experience is on PS4 than on PC. Mostly because teamkilling in casual is in almost every game if you're solo queuing on PS4, have yet to experience it on PC. The player base on PS4 is toxic and I don't know that it's Ubisoft's focus.

The use of mics and in-game chat have alot to do with it being that different.

I bought this game over sales and played few matches, I got killed every time. Didn't even get a single kill. It sucked the enjoyment out of this game and I'm thinking of refunding it :(

You will get absolutely and utterly destroyed if you are soloing without anyone helping you. Even WITH someone helping, or someone to suffer with while learning the game, you will get destroyed. This game has a steep learning curve, but it's damn rewarding and one of the best and most unique FPS games I've played. Ever. That's saying a lot considering how much of this game is still broken / buggy.

Honestly, after 20 hours, you sort of have a sense of what's going on...sorta. After 40, you start to understand your role on a operator by operator basis. After 80 or so hours, you have a good command of the maps and know where to go/what angles to hold/how to flank.

If you're on PC, I suggest you join the Discord server, there's games every night, and while I don't play with the folks too often, they all seem very friendly and chill and willing to help out new people.

Anyway, the advice is: STICK WITH IT

From everything I've read on here and on the subreddit, the PS4 community is straight AIDS.

Definitely stick with it.

This is a game decided by inches and crosshairs placement. Learn to anticipate enemy locations and ADS almost any time you're not moving. You're very very rarely going to get into a Halo or Battlefield esque situation where you go toe to toe for a few seconds or even have to pull out your sidearm because you're out of ammo. Most players are too careful and TTK is way low. DON'T run around and treat it like COD either. Learning how to properly use the fast operators is a skill! Esp since they have low armor.

Menthuss

I swear, the devs behind Siege are straight up incompetent. The game doesn't even properly clean up failed connection attempts. I'm willing to bet their networking code is a total clusterfuck.

Anon67

Pick razor wire, set it up outside of a room near the objective with wooden walls. Listen for someone walking through the wire, and try to shoot them through the wall.

Nobody picks Tachanka, so the key is to try to catch one or two by surprise early on, and then immediately abandon the turret because they will throw grenades at you.

This makes a lot of sense. Thanks!

Yeah I am kinda regretting buying R6 on Xbox but whatever, still a fun game on xbox nevertheless.

hao chi

I feel like I'm lucky to rarely have teamkillers on my team, but I see them on the other team fairly often. They've tried to address it, but I think they need to tweak their teamkill punishments a bit more.

People have already given you good advice, but one thing that rarely gets mentioned that I think is super important is the value of buying a scope for your primary weapon ASAP. Using the iron sights is much harder than using the red dot or holographic sights.

If for whatever reason you aren't using headphones, rectify that immediately.

Also, I believe you unlock private games at level five. As soon as you can, I suggest going into a private game an learning the maps. IQ is a good character for this because finding the cameras is easier with her.

I swear, the devs behind Siege are straight up incompetent. The game doesn't even properly clean up failed connection attempts. I'm willing to bet their networking code is a total clusterfuck.

The matchmaking is probably my biggest complaint with this game. Simply abysmal.

andycapps

The use of mics and in-game chat have alot to do with it being that different.

It's one possibility. Problem is that once that's a pattern in the player base, something has to be done to correct it by developers. At this point you can kill 3 teammates before getting kicked, right?

When I played on PS4, if someone teamkilled I'd message them and their response was typically "it's casual, who cares?" That's a toxic attitude and because of lax penalties it doesn't seem to be changing. Most people teamkill and then leave.

I feel like I'm lucky to rarely have teamkillers on my team, but I see them on the other team fairly often. They've tried to address it, but I think they need to tweak their teamkill punishments a bit more.
They do but I don't expect it. It's been an issue since launch. Think because it's not happening on pc that it's not their focus.

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
A team double kill in casuals got me a boot and a 30 minute ban the other day on Xbox. It was retaliatory in nature. Actually we were going to do 1 and 1, but one of my teammates accidentally got two headshots on teammates and got kicked, so I had to go scorched earth on the overtime round and eat the kick/ban.

There's never going to be a great solution for teamkilling in games like this. There's a reason most shooters have left team damage behind. It's absolutely necessary for this game though. So round up a group you can trust, or just back out of shit casual lobbies. Intentional team killing doesn't happen much in Ranked at Gold or higher from my experience. And if it does there's probably a fundamental breakdown with the team dynamic that's going to lead to a loss anyway so whatever.

OG Kush

I've been thinking, is there a way to use machine learning to combat team killing? Develop an A.I. to learn when a player is intentionally team killing.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Why not just make damage reflective as the punishment for teamkills?

Teamkill in Casual and you damage yourself with FF for the next 12 hrs (or whatever). And track teamkills better. Repeat offenders get compounded punishments.

Ranked idk, but casual they should punish with rubber-band bullets. Because it's fucking absurd right now. Bunch of babies, and douches, everywhere.

Anon67

Why not just make damage reflective as the punishment for teamkills?

Teamkill in Casual and you damage yourself with FF for the next 12 hrs (or whatever). And track teamkills better. Repeat offenders get compounded punishments.

Ranked idk, but casual they should punish with rubber-band bullets. Because it's fucking absurd right now. Bunch of babies, and douches, everywhere.

Actually this is a pretty good solution though there will be people who die when a teammate accidentally gets into their line of fire. Might be smart to do this only with people with a history of team killing.

Evolved1

Actually this is a pretty good solution though there will be people who die when a teammate accidentally gets into their line of fire. Might be smart to do this only with people with a history of team killing.
lol that's the point.

DQDQDQ

I still say you flag the accounts of chronic team killers and put them into their own special playlist where they only play against each other, permanently.

andycapps

Eh? I've mainly seen teamkilling that is done on purpose. Accidental teamkilling isn't much of an issue from my experience.
He's saying for people that team kill that the damage would be reflected back to them. People doing this often will be killing themselves repeatedly, basically.

DQ's idea of putting them onto an island of misfits is also good.

Anon67

He's saying for people that team kill that the damage would be reflected back to them. People doing this often will be killing themselves repeatedly, basically.

I understand the concept but punishing people for something that's not really their fault seems unfair. Why should I be killed if a stupid teammate runs in front of me when I am firing?

Though this would be great for deliberate or excessive accidental team killing.

Evolved1

I understand the concept but punishing people for something that's not really their fault seems unfair. Why should I be killed if a stupid teammate runs in front of me when I am firing?

Though this would be great for deliberate or excessive accidental team killing.
What I was saying is that an actual teamkill would activate it... it'd only affect people who already teamkilled.

Accidental teamkills happen, but they are rare. And current measures are trying so hard to be conservative (so they aren't overly punitive for accidentals) they leave too much room for abuse -- especially when TKers are usually in groups.

So instead of trying to govern with short bans that are really hard to even enact... give reflective damage. It's not that punitive, even if the TK was accidental, and would only affect a player who was doing more FF after an initial TK. I mean at that point, stop shooting your fuckin teammates lol.

Not a perfect solution, I can still think of ways to troll it, but it would allow a far more aggressive TK strategy than the current (ineffective) ban-based approach.

And again, this would only be for Casual -- the kiddie pool.

Rymuth

Wow...

I drifted from the game because life+backlog but I do remember the team killing. Is that still rampant? I wanted to get back into it... :(

Kalentan

So is Ash's guns like really OP right now? Just went into a match where the Ash would never miss despite her gun shooting faster than an LMG. The guy went 22 and 5 playing her every attacking round.

Also just shot an Ash during defense and then it told me she took no damage at point blank range.

Evolved1

So is Ash's guns like really OP right now? Just went into a match where the Ash would never miss despite her gun shooting faster than an LMG. The guy went 22 and 5 playing her every attacking round.

Also just shot an Ash during defense and then it told me she took no damage at point blank range.
Some of that sounds odd, but Ash has always been one of the (if not most) lethal attackers -- especially in the right hands.

hao chi

Her R4-C is quite good and IMO could use a bit of a nerf, and I say that as someone that often uses her and that gun.

The R4 is easily the best gun in the game. It's laser accurate and has a high RPM making it a headshot machine. She's also 3 speed and has a low profile which makes her super good at rushing and peeking.

It's a pain in the ass to die to but I don't really see her as OP, it's just that her class ability is being lethal as all hell.

thenexus6

Okay just found my new favourite thing to do in Terrorist Hunt.

Me and a friend played just the two of us on defuse bomb. I was Thermite and he was Twitch so we get clay mores and we literally planted them every where. We spent like 30-45 minutes caking the entire area.

When he planted the defuser it was just explosions everywhere, we didn't even get a terrorist make it to the bomb. Took ages but really funny.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
I stopped playing for a few days and i feel my skill levels have gone down considerably, feels bad when i get 0 kills in a match. I also wonder if it's too expensive to build a PC that plays rainbow six at 60 FPS locked, i really want to try the PC version but my current PC is ancient.

Okay just found my new favourite thing to do in Terrorist Hunt.

Me and a friend played just the two of us on defuse bomb. I was Thermite and he was Twitch so we get clay mores and we literally planted them every where. We spent like 30-45 minutes caking the entire area.

When he planted the defuser it was just explosions everywhere, we didn't even get a terrorist make it to the bomb. Took ages but really funny.

Damn that's pretty neat!

thenexus6

I stopped playing for a few days and i feel my skill levels have gone down considerably, feels bad when i get 0 kills in a match. I also wonder if it's too expensive to build a PC that plays rainbow six at 60 FPS locked, i really want to try the PC version but my current PC is ancient.

Damn that's pretty neat!

Yeah, if you have a group of friends that play it'll be a lot better and much quicker. It was so stupid.. I recorded some video i'll post later.

Here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2Acw8iYOG8

https://youtu.be/0Glur4pTFkQ

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
Last game of the night, 2-3 on defense. 2 of our guys have their game crash at the loading screen. Then I get the flashing blue screen of doom.

Surrender button :(

andycapps

Damn that's pretty neat!
I just built one for $900 and it runs it on max settings locked at 60 at 1080p. Could probably spend a little less and still get good results, I just wanted some future proofing.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
I just built one for $900 and it runs it on max settings locked at 60 at 1080p. Could probably spend a little less and still get good results, I just wanted some future proofing.

Nice! Mind giving me your specs? Just to compare the currents builds i have in mind, i am considering an intel 6400 with 8GB or RAM with a GTX 1060 on top.

Detox

Nice! Mind giving me your specs? Just to compare the currents builds i have in mind, i am considering an intel 6400 with 8GB or RAM with a GTX 1060 on top.
I don't know if you have but you should definitely ask in the I need a PC thread, they know their shit and are very helpful.

Kalentan

Currently 1-3 in my placement matches for ranked. The first game went great and then every game after that has been a disaster.

My latest game had me put on a team with a bunch of racist squeaky voiced kids.

Edit: then the next match had an afker who eventually left. Fuck ranked.

I came back to this game having not played for a while and WOW this 3 minute timer is some bullshit. It was fine before, I don't know why they changed it. Attack is now a panicked rush, and defense wins almost every single time. What a completely braindead change. I think I'll leave it alone until they change it back.

andycapps

Sure, here you go. This price includes a monitor and cheap keyboard/mouse combo. Obviously take that out if you don't need it and it's around $900. Doesn't include an OS, but you should be able to get keys for that pretty cheaply online unless you want the boxed copy.

loki0wn

I am having issues launching the game. I even reinstalled my machine after exhausting all my options and it is still failing to load. Anyone have any insight? The only log that is being created is in the UbiPlay folder and it is saying the following:

[ 8504] 2016-12-04 20:29:28 [ 8172] ERROR inject_impl.cpp (130) Getting thread context failed. System error code is 5
[ 2900] 2016-12-04 20:29:28 [ 9136] ERROR GameStarter.cpp (251) Failed to inject suspended process. Process terminated '3416'
[ 2900] 2016-12-04 20:29:28 [ 9136] ERROR GameStarter.cpp (257) Falling back to no injecion

There is no black screen, no error window, nothing. Just a quick crash to desktop. The Ubi site is having issues right now, but I don't expect their tech team to have many productive ideas.

Anyone else have this issue?

Anon67

Just leveled up to Gold 2 in ranked. Am I wrong to assume that G2 is essentially average? I can't imagine it being anything else since I'm terrible at this game lol.

I came back to this game having not played for a while and WOW this 3 minute timer is some bullshit. It was fine before, I don't know why they changed it. Attack is now a panicked rush, and defense wins almost every single time. What a completely braindead change. I think I'll leave it alone until they change it back.

Yeah I'm having a tough time adjusting to it. Feel like I don't have enough time to scope it out and be careful, just have to kind of run in.

I've been thinking, is there a way to use machine learning to combat team killing? Develop an A.I. to learn when a player is intentionally team killing.

Imo the game should just collect weekly analytics and if you have x amount of teamkills (where "x" is above the average for unintentional tking) then you recieve some type of punishment.. Peheraps a time ban that requires the game to be open and one to be connected to ubisoft server so you cant just go play diff game while you wait..you have to actually wait in like a queue...additionally make it so they cant earn renown until theyve gone a week without additional punishment.

Top Bottom