• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
Thinking I might pick this up on PC. How much content will I miss out on if I do not pick up the season pass? Maps and game modes are free, right?
You'll miss out on the DLC operators, and that's it, until you grind out a lot of renown. There are a decent amount of good ones but I wouldn't say they're completely necessary. If you play regularly and clear out your challenges in addition to doing the weekly challenges you'll eventually unlock everything.

I'd say on the Xbox version, if I hadn't gotten the Season Pass, and I hadn't spent a bunch of renown on expensive cosmetic junk of little-to-no use, I'd have enough for all the Year 1 operators, and probably enough for all of the Year 2 on top of that. I'm sitting on about 180k (7 DLC operators worth) right now. If I were to go into pure grind mode of just running through the smallest map in Normal difficulty Terrorist Hunt over and over I could get an operator's worth in about 10 hours of play? Maybe 20 hours if I'm just playing multiplayer and not completely ignoring my challenges?

IMO, if you play the game seriously, you'll get the operators eventually. And if you don't play it that seriously then mastering the base operators will probably take more time than you have anyway!

Well it only took a year but I finally got my Destiny crew playing Siege. They are loving it. Just bought season pass for year 2. Now all Ubi needs to do is drop a Pro patch right before it starts and all is well.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
The Match making in PS4 is garbage sometimes, like holy shit it's infuriating trying to find a match. Either you can't connect at all or there's always a few people missing causing me to start mm all over again, ubisoft please fix your potato servers.

Sure, here you go. This price includes a monitor and cheap keyboard/mouse combo. Obviously take that out if you don't need it and it's around $900. Doesn't include an OS, but you should be able to get keys for that pretty cheaply online unless you want the boxed copy.

Thank you!

Auctopus

The Match making in PS4 is garbage sometimes, like holy shit it's infuriating trying to find a match. Either you can't connect at all or there's always a few people missing causing me to start mm all over again, ubisoft please fix your potato servers.

Yep, at least now I can play more than one match in a row, though. It would've excited me far more if Ubi announced "We're completely rebuilding the matchmaking system" rather than Year 2 stuff (as great it is that the game is still being supported).

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Yep, at least now I can play more than one match in a row, though. It would've excited me far more if Ubi announced "We're completely rebuilding the matchmaking system" rather than Year 2 stuff (as great it is that the game is still being supported).

I totally agree with you, i was planning to buy the second year pass but these mm issues caused me to reconsider. The MM at least on PS4 needs a complete overhaul, maybe in PC is better i don't know.

OG Kush

You know what, until this red crow patch, I wasn't having any matchmaking issues (ps4). Now I'm having them a lot as well. Although, a lot people did say matchmaking issues became prominent after the Brazil dlc patch.

andycapps

They redid how it works as far as matching players. Pretty big breakdown put out by them the other day showing how it works. As far as the speed goes, no clue on that.

Ivan 3414

Does anyone know if Echo's drone stops the attackers from grabbing the hostage? I thought Echo stopped whatever action an enemy was doing.

I just lost a round because I was on my drone trying to stop a Sledge from grabbing the hostage. Pretty sure I hit him as he was grabbing and he picked the hostage up anyway =/

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
Do you actually get more renown playing Terrorist Hunt on Hard or Realistic?
You do in the renown per round won sort of sense. You don't in the "I just played Realistic super carefully and lost after 8 minutes" vs "I ran through the map and killed everything in 2.5 minutes on Normal" sense.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone know if Echo's drone stops the attackers from grabbing the hostage? I thought Echo stopped whatever action an enemy was doing.

I just lost a round because I was on my drone trying to stop a Sledge from grabbing the hostage. Pretty sure I hit him as he was grabbing and he picked the hostage up anyway =/

I think his echo attack will cancel an ongoing animation - if you're attempting to plant a defuser, or if you have Montagne's shield fully deployed, it will stop those. Not sure if it would decouple a hostage from the attacker though.

Having a terrible time getting into matches right now. I can be grouped with four other players but after that, endlessly searching for an opponent.

Hoping the tweaks to the other operators are mostly buffs to weaker operators not just further nerfs to popular ones.

The changes they made to Doc were great.

LAM09

Haven't touched the game much this season. Will probably jump back in when the next patch drops and see if things have improved.

Haven't played in about 3 weeks, myself. Just can't be fucked with all the server problems and all the other bullshit associated with the game. Not sure if I'll actually go back to it at all. Most of the people I played this with have moved on to Battlefield 1 or Titanfall.

Thanks, Ubisoft.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Haven't played in about 3 weeks, myself. Just can't be fucked with all the server problems and all the other bullshit associated with the game. Not sure if I'll actually go back to it at all. Most of the people I played this with have moved on to Battlefield 1 or Titanfall.

Thanks, Ubisoft.

I honestly can't blame you, wasting people's time with shitty MM is a a big no no, hopefully things turn around soon.

Anyone wants to play now on PS4 or Xbox?

I might be down for that later today, currently watching the dota 2 major.

Dysun

I've checked out this season as well. It got off to a bad start in the middle of shooter holiday season with the Hibana PS4 freezing bug and the constant matchmaking problems. I'll come back when I get bored of BF1

Double dipped on Xbox and got diamond. I notice recently that some players look movement is very twitchy and accurate. Thinking they are using a mouse with those adapters. Also noticed running into a few of the same players. Maybe because of smaller player base? Anyways game is great regardless of platform and still one of the best mp games out there.

I just don't enjoy it as much anymore since the timer changed to 3 minutes and haven't played it since, hoping for a rollback on that. Is there any word that they might change it again?

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
I just don't enjoy it as much anymore since the timer changed to 3 minutes and haven't played it since, hoping for a rollback on that. Is there any word that they might change it again?
I'm fully adjusted to the 3 min timer. Casual rounds feel comically long when attackers milk the clock now. Rolling it back would be an awful decision IMO.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I've been playing ranked more recently cuz casual is unplayable lately on PS4 and I had the game crash on me during a match. I launch the game again and I got a time penalty in addition to a renown penalty. Brutal. The game has been crashing a lot for me lately on PS4...

Just bought the game for myself and a friend but we are unable to join a group together. Seems to be the issue mentioned in this thread : HERE

We have tried everything listed and that I could find on google. Anyone have any luck with any other methods of fixing? Not surprised with it being developed by Ubisoft but I am still very dissapointed. Will be looking to seek refund for us both if no fix.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
Just bought the game for myself and a friend but we are unable to join a group together. Seems to be the issue mentioned in this thread : HERE

We have tried everything listed and that I could find on google. Anyone have any luck with any other methods of fixing? Not surprised with it being developed by Ubisoft but I am still very dissapointed. Will be looking to seek refund for us both if no fix.

Have you both tried joining other people seperately? Maybe the issue is actually isolated to one person.

Double dipped on Xbox and got diamond. I notice recently that some players look movement is very twitchy and accurate. Thinking they are using a mouse with those adapters. Also noticed running into a few of the same players. Maybe because of smaller player base? Anyways game is great regardless of platform and still one of the best mp games out there.

Wait, that kbm-esque movement isn't present on PS4? Thats interesting. I always run into it on Xbox if I'm playing against plat or diamond players.

I'm sure they exist on PS4 given the open kbm support Sony has done but now I wonder how common it is on there.

Beaulieu

Wait, that kbm-esque movement isn't present on PS4? Thats interesting. I always run into it on Xbox if I'm playing against plat or diamond players.

I'm sure they exist on PS4 given the open kbm support Sony has done but now I wonder how common it is on there.

Got up to plat 2 this season and everyone was crazy good, super fast movements, etc. (PS4).

however, I think must of them have adjusted their sensitivity settings and arent using mouse/kb, because I have diamond players in my group of friends (rl) and they are all about their sensitivity settings, adjusting them constantly to get the best out of them, on controllers.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
The thing to watch for m&kb players is the horizontal peeking.

They can't help tapping left/right for the easy peeker's advantage. And you just cannot replicate that on a controller. Not as fast as they do it.

Cheaters. I've deleted a few of these dipshits off my FL. I'd rather lose than win with a cheater.

andycapps

Summary of mid season changes here.

That Blackbeard patch is sorely needed. Will save him from 1-2 headshots but that's it.

Still don't think Tachanka will be very useful but he might be slightly less garbage now that he has a shield protecting his enormous head.

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
Cheaters. I've deleted a few of these dipshits off my FL. I'd rather lose than win with a cheater.
I love the salt.
Awesome mid season patch. Fuck blackbeard.
He really did get wrecked. And now Tachanka has the legit face shield. All the buffs sound decent, I don't know if the SMGs really needed the recoil buffs but I guess I'll be playing Frost even more, as hers has been growing on me quite a bit already.

Top Bottom