• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Auctopus

Jumping on PS4 now if anyone wants to group up :)

Edit: just played for about an hour, I feel like the skill level has plummeted. Maybe it's 'cause it's Christmas.

Played a couple of rounds with Tachanka where I know I won the gunfight because of the shield. This actually validates the fuck out of him as a defender, but positioning is still key

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder if the new patch fixed the connectivity issues in the PS4 version, probably not but i can dream.

Played a couple of rounds with Tachanka where I know I won the gunfight because of the shield. This actually validates the fuck out of him as a defender, but positioning is still key

Nice i'll try him!

What Tachanka can do now is cover a blatant first/common entry point like *that* window onto the train museum or the window onto kitchen grill on Kafe Dostoyeksvy. Because he's shielded you don't need to have the best reaction time to guard it.

However the amount of recoil they've added is significant, really too much for something on a tripod

Animator

What Tachanka can do now is cover a blatant first/common entry point like *that* window onto the train museum or the window onto kitchen grill on Kafe Dostoyeksvy. Because he's shielded you don't need to have the best reaction time to guard it.

However the amount of recoil they've added is significant, really too much for something on a tripod

It's a good balance considering you are completely protected from front if you also put a shield in front of you.

OG Kush

Man it is so much fun to play Montagne now. Shields are back!
Oh shit can't wait to try out this new patch! Especially with Fuze. Not many people know that Fuse's pistol is really good that. Both in damage and hip fire. Combine that with his gadget buff and its gna be fun times.

Also what's people's opinions on thr Skyscraper map now that it's been our for a few weeks? At least for me, I still find it confusing as where I'm entering in from on the outside due to all looking pretty homogeneous from the outside. I still need to play it more, but do feel like it's a bit 'over produced' in a way. Over designed maybe is the right word. Just way that "japanesey". Kind of feels like an Overwatch map in that sense.

Animator

Oh shit can't wait to try out this new patch! Especially with Fuze. Not many people know that Fuse's pistol is really good that. Both in damage and hip fire. Combine that with his gadget buff and its gna be fun times.

Also what's people's opinions on thr Skyscraper map now that it's been our for a few weeks? At least for me, I still find it confusing as where I'm entering in from on the outside due to all looking pretty homogeneous from the outside. I still need to play it more, but do feel like it's a bit 'over produced' in a way. Over designed maybe is the right word. Just way that "japanesey". Kind of feels like an Overwatch map in that sense.

Either I am getting super lucky or fuze buff is significant because I am gettng a lot of kills and downs every time I play him since the patch. People get especially salty when you destroy the tachanka gun with a fuze charge :D

Kalentan

When your teammate in ranked sees very clearly the welcome mat and still decides to try and go past it.

I swear this game has secret RNG in it. When I can fire directly at someone's head and yet It claims I barely did any damage and yet they got a headshot on their first fucking shot under fire? Bullshit.

Edit: Shot Caveria near point blank with a shotgun twice and she managed to down me with a pistol in two.

DeaDPo0L84

Hoping for some help here. I just bought the complete edition on psn for $100. It comes with the base game as well as all previous year 1 ops and any new ones for year 2. Problem is the game is still asking me to pay for the ops with renown or credits. I have restored licenses and that didn't work and I can't download the year 1 season pass anymore so I'm at a loss of what to do. I tried contacting ubisoft and they were clueless. I'm at a point of asking for a refund but I feel like there should be some easy fix or at least I hope.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
New Chanka on Favelas man...wtf.

One defending team set him up in an opposite flanking position from the objective with a roaming defender to protect his flanks. Slowed us down so much that we ran out of time.

edit: I'm not saying he is OP, but rather, he's a viable strategy now.

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
New chanka is a riot. Blackbeard is a sad chump that you get to slap around. At least fix the ADS time for when he's not using his Rifle Shield Ubisoft, seriously! The Supreme Court would deem his nerf unconstitutional in its current state.

New map doesn't really feel like a Siege map. No clue if it will play decently in the long term.

The SMG buffs are kind of crazy. There are some laser beams in there now. Actually all the rebalancing is a little strange. Did they do separate tweaks for controller vs mouse before or is this a first? PC mouse felt pretty similar to my XIM as far as my ability to control recoil was concerned.

Actually a couple of days ago I tried playing the Xbox One version on a gamepad for a few hours. Did much better than I expected, and I didn't really have that much trouble controlling recoil outside of doing endless sprays which I have been trying to avoid lately anyway.

Also the Glaz buff is the shit. Really great gun now. Now I just pray that when me and my homies settle in for like 20 hours of this game this weekend that we don't crash or get blue screens anymore. There wasn't anything in the patch notes regarding it but I dare to hope.

shortis

Neo Member
Hey guys!

I'm currently playing this on PC (played a lot on PS4 before my mate stopped playing) and while I love this game, playing solo just isn't the same as a coordinated team.

Unfortunately I am not getting a lot of people that play with a mic and it gets frustrating to just play solo and hope that you can manage to somehow trade orders with your team by writing.

Is there a community on GAF that usually plays this? I would be glad to be a part of :) I'm not sure if it matters but i'm from Portugal so probably i usually play on EU servers.

Blackbeard is a sad chump that you get to slap around. At least fix the ADS time for when he's not using his Rifle Shield Ubisoft, seriously! The Supreme Court would deem his nerf unconstitutional in its current state.

He deserves it. The amount of complaining I've seen from BB players because they used him as a crutch to get easy kill has been glorious.

Hey guys!

I'm currently playing this on PC (played a lot on PS4 before my mate stopped playing) and while I love this game, playing solo just isn't the same as a coordinated team.

Unfortunately I am not getting a lot of people that play with a mic and it gets frustrating to just play solo and hope that you can manage to somehow trade orders with your team by writing.

Is there a community on GAF that usually plays this? I would be glad to be a part of :) I'm not sure if it matters but i'm from Portugal so probably i usually play on EU servers.

There is a PC discord if you search the past few pages for the link because I don't have it right now. However I'm not if there is many EU players.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
Hey guys!

There's an EU one i play on with some nice people - one or two are Gaffers, dunno about the rest. I pmed you the link.

shortis

Neo Member
He deserves it. The amount of complaining I've seen from BB players because they used him as a crutch to get easy kill has been glorious.

There is a PC discord if you search the past few pages for the link because I don't have it right now. However I'm not if there is many EU players.

There's an EU one i play on with some nice people - one or two are Gaffers, dunno about the rest. I pmed you the link.

Thank you very much guys, really appreciate it!

Animator

We have a lot of EU players on the discord. It is very active and thriving. Usually have 3-4 full squads every night.

Is the OP of this thread still around and updating the thread? Otherwise I will just make a new OT with all the relevant info. I haven't seen the OP get updated since the game launched.

flkraven

Ok fuze is incredibly annoying now, basically you can't stay in the objective room

Mute the windows (especially with castle), tear out the windows, use pulse in the room, set up a valk camera outside, have flankers camp about (if that's fuze-able). There are plenty of counters, but people just got used to not really having to worry that much about Fuze. I think an OP Fuze is a great dynamic.

andycapps

New chanka is a riot. Blackbeard is a sad chump that you get to slap around. At least fix the ADS time for when he's not using his Rifle Shield Ubisoft, seriously! The Supreme Court would deem his nerf unconstitutional in its current state.

New map doesn't really feel like a Siege map. No clue if it will play decently in the long term.

The SMG buffs are kind of crazy. There are some laser beams in there now. Actually all the rebalancing is a little strange. Did they do separate tweaks for controller vs mouse before or is this a first? PC mouse felt pretty similar to my XIM as far as my ability to control recoil was concerned.

Actually a couple of days ago I tried playing the Xbox One version on a gamepad for a few hours. Did much better than I expected, and I didn't really have that much trouble controlling recoil outside of doing endless sprays which I have been trying to avoid lately anyway.

Also the Glaz buff is the shit. Really great gun now. Now I just pray that when me and my homies settle in for like 20 hours of this game this weekend that we don't crash or get blue screens anymore. There wasn't anything in the patch notes regarding it but I dare to hope.
Oh you may still get Uplay errors occasionally because it's Uplay.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
My group doesn't play this anymore. I'm an active free agent if anyone has a squad that plays regularly.

PSN is same as gaf handle.

Whats going on with this game? I havent played in a while, downloaded a few updates and the game boots up but only lets me play situations, no online at all. I am definitely online, Im watching a game stream but Ive tried getting into R6 Siege 3 times now and the same thing happens.

EDIT: Im on the PS4

Animator

Whats going on with this game? I havent played in a while, downloaded a few updates and the game boots up but only lets me play situations, no online at all. I am definitely online, Im watching a game stream but Ive tried getting into R6 Siege 3 times now and the same thing happens.

verify your game files?

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
Fuze is really great now.In reddit now they are talking to nerf him...lol

Every time a operator is great there are tons and tons of people saying he/she is op and needs a nerf.

TheZink

EDIT: Im on the PS4
I had to log into Club UBI before I could play after the last update. Also on PS4

Evolved1

Fuze is really great now.In reddit now they are talking to nerf him...lol

Every time a operator is great there are tons and tons of people saying he/she is op and needs a nerf.
People just got used to not having to worry about him. Now they have to. Good.

Also stealth-buffed Jager in the process. He was kinda useless before, but now he has a purpose, and I don't feel guilty picking him for that nasty attacker-like primary.

What happened to Fuze? His gadget was already pretty good but not OP. Didn't seem like drastically in need of a buff tbh. Pour one out for all the hostages that got Fuzed by newbies over the past year.

Evolved1

What happened to Fuze? His gadget was already pretty good but not OP. Didn't seem like drastically in need of a buff tbh. Pour one out for all the hostages that got Fuzed by newbies over the past year.
Has spash damage now, outside the legacy kill radius. Also gave him an additional charge, so 3 uses now. And shields were buffed vs explosives. Since he has the best pistol (hits for 63), this made him a real bastard.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
Has spash damage now, outside the legacy kill radius. Also gave him an additional charge, so 3 uses now. And shields were buffed vs explosives. Since he has the best pistol (hits for 63), this made him a real bastard.

Yeah I'm not sure what the best counter is anymore - I tend to shoot out all the windows and doors the moment I suspect he's trying to do his plants.

Evolved1

Yeah I'm not sure what the best counter is anymore - I tend to shoot out all the windows and doors the moment I suspect he's trying to do his plants.
Best counter is Castle and Mute combo on windows, and Jager.

Because no one uses Thatcher.

But nothing is going to stop him completely. Which is good imo. I like when the original roster gets buffed back into relevance. I like them remixing meta in favor of the OG roster.

Theecliff

Banned
started playing again after a long hiatus, had one really good game but other than that i've been doing pretty poorly. i still feel very much like i don't know a lot especially when i come up against good players.

also received my first angry message since i've had my ps4! lost a one on one in the last round when i had low health, clearly worked a teammate up enough that they had to send a message.

Evolved1

I had some motor mouth today constantly trying to micro-manage every second I was playing. Not actually helpful call outs, but do this, do that, look here, what are you doing, etc.

Three times I was that last person alive vs most of the enemy team remaining, and he would not shut up. And one of those times I clutched it, but twice it was a close round loss. The climax was having to storm the objective room that the attackers were in as the clock was about to run out. I kill one in the side room while Tachanka is firing at me, and I spin around and try and hipfire the last of my magazine into his waste, under the shield, but it doesn't down him, so I switch to the sidearm and we trade DBNO. Last defender was outside the room and runs in, we lose. This dipshit starts into me about how ARs have bad hipfire and why didn't I ADS instead? I eventually get annoyed enough, and I'm like, "Look it's pretty simple... if you're DEAD, don't tell me how to play". At which point he and his other friends laugh at me.

These are the same guys who earlier in the match reinforced over the murder holes I wasted half my shotgun ammo on.

I think I hate people. It's becoming apparent. I just... people.

Opto

Banned
Had to teamkill some people because they called a headshot on them a "jewish bullet"

got no patience for nazi bullshit. sorrynotsorry

I sometimes just get the background image after a match is done without any text or UI, but the game is still searching (though sometimes it doesn't put me in a game while my buddies are).

Anyone get this issue? On a PS4 (Pro).

Top Bottom