• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Arttemis

The first season pass pretty much never went on sale. If you are interested in the game plus the season pass as well as get the first set of Ops without spending renown, $65 isn't a bad price at all.

You can get the Ops from the first season in a $20 on the store in game.

I don't mind unlocking things with renown. Just a few matches in and I've already unlocked 3. I assumed the Season Pass operators were exclusive to season pass holders. Can you unlock all operators and gear via renown?

I just brought the regular version for $25 on Steam after hearing everyone talking about it for so long.

uplay: fluffydelusions
steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/plbelanger

Spoiler:
b7e.jpg

Arttemis

Yeah, so it seems all the operators and gear is available to purchase through in-game credits. I thought half the operators were exclusive to the season passes!

I'm all in for the $25 base game!

Vic_Viper

Bought the game and the 2 year pass also after the free weekend. Now Steam is trying to download 28 gigs!? Even though I already have the game installed? Anyone else here have this problem?

Edit: Apparently the free weekend didnt download the full game lol. I uninstalled and now im redownloading the full 54 gigs.

Also I still cannot figure out how to download the HD Resolution pack. Anyone know what is going on with it? I click the download button on steam and it just launches the game. Cant find it in game or on the Uplay store.

TheRed

Bought the game and the 2 year pass also after the free weekend. Now Steam is trying to download 28 gigs!? Even though I already have the game installed? Anyone else here have this problem?

Edit: Apparently the free weekend didnt download the full game lol. I uninstalled and now im redownloading the full 54 gigs.

Also I still cannot figure out how to download the HD Resolution pack. Anyone know what is going on with it? I click the download button on steam and it just launches the game. Cant find it in game or on the Uplay store.
Is it in your dlc list for the game when you have it selected in the steam library? You have to check the box then it'll really start the download. Some of these things on steam work in weird ways.

Albo

Free weekend still live for me on ps4. Wonder if they've extended it or it'll lock me out if I log off the servers. This game like crack so I'm staying on for as long as I can.

Alienous

Bought the game after the free weekend.

Is there some kind of noob guide.

There probably is, but I'd just give you three bits of advice that greatly improved my play.

1) Treat it like a stealth game.
2) Move through a map like there could be an enemy in any corner.
3) If you're walking sideways from left-to-right towards a doorway scan the room behind the door from right to left at the same pace as your walk, and vice-versa. It's a real-world military tactic called 'slicing the pie', and it's really effective.

essemdub

Why didn't they fucking fix it for University though? That can't be right.

University is a little harder to reproduce so it might not be the same root cause (and thus, not the same fix.)

I make the play calls for my team so I take some time to try to learn how to do these as they become more prevalent in the community. The University, Favela, and Yacht ones are really specific in how they work and at least for me, are really hard to pull off. YMMV.

Probably a combination of ease of reproduction and lack of dev time. These spots are just frustrating to have to play around and hard to recognize without explicitly burning clock to ensure nobody is abusing them.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Was looking through some stats... had to laugh.

Most played attacker: IQ lol (Ash only a half-hour behind, don't judge me too harshly)

But the real kicker was highest W/L? Tachanka. Lord. 13 hrs played too. So not like Castle, who is my highest k/d but only played an hour or whatever. 13 hours of Lord Tachanka.

CrayToes

University is a little harder to reproduce so it might not be the same root cause (and thus, not the same fix.)

I make the play calls for my team so I take some time to try to learn how to do these as they become more prevalent in the community. The University, Favela, and Yacht ones are really specific in how they work and at least for me, are really hard to pull off. YMMV.

Probably a combination of ease of reproduction and lack of dev time. These spots are just frustrating to have to play around and hard to recognize without explicitly burning clock to ensure nobody is abusing them.

We played a game the other night where the enemy team did it every single defensive round, in a ranked match too. It's easy to "reproduce". There is literally no excuse for it not being fixed.

essemdub

We played a game the other night where the enemy team did it every single defensive round, in a ranked match too. It's easy to "reproduce". There is literally no excuse for it not being fixed.

As I said, YMMV. It sounds like that player had figured out a reliable trick to pull it off. For me, I only manage to clip in 1/3 times or so, unless I'm missing something. Not being on the dev team, I can only assume the reason they might not have gotten to it but having worked on games before, it's not always as easy as it looks. I definitely agree it needs to be fixed ASAP and it's frustrating as hell.

I can, however, offer some constructive advice which is, if you do see someone abusing the spot consistently, you can frag it and it seems to work reliably. Make sure to cook it first.

EDIT: For the curious because you'd just google it anyways :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaKEOzroLIw

CrayToes

As I said, YMMV. It sounds like that player had figured out a reliable trick to pull it off. For me, I only manage to clip in 1/3 times or so, unless I'm missing something. Not being on the dev team, I can only assume the reason they might not have gotten to it but having worked on games before, it's not always as easy as it looks. I definitely agree it needs to be fixed ASAP and it's frustrating as hell.

I can, however, offer some constructive advice which is, if you do see someone abusing the spot consistently, you can frag it and it seems to work reliably. Make sure to cook it first.

It's not really difficult. You knock the railing out and jump on in. It takes 20 seconds at most. We beat the twats anyway. Did exactly what Serenity did in two separate rounds. Planted the bomb whilst he was trapped in there.

essemdub

It's not really difficult. You knock the railing out and jump on in. It takes 20 seconds at most. We beat the twats anyway. Did exactly what Serenity did in two separate rounds. Planted the bomb whilst he was trapped in there.

Good on you. That's the hardest thing to explain to pubs, I feel, is to just play the objective and not TDM because once they're clipped in, they're not getting out.

I must really suck at that clip or something because it does not work that often for me. I stopped caring to learn it after I figured out that frags will tend to hit them in the butt.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I cannot wait to try Tachanka Mira meta on some maps like House's garage...

HIBANA
FIXED – X-KAIROS pellets will destroy gadgets on the opposite side of the wall from where they land

Does this mean Mutes will no longer be effective against Kairos ? I don't get it.

Fury451

Banned
Blackbeard is as balanced now as the flawed concept would allow, I'd argue. Whenever that shield shatters you need to see it as an extra life you were gifted, and having two extra lives is a heck of an operator ability.

I still think this is a bit of a wrong description. If you play Blackbeard more carefully now, it's possible for his shield to shatter while peeking and maybe he gets a kill off of it before having to back up and cycle.

If you try to play him like you used to be able to, shots penetrate through the shield like it's nothing usually leaving any unskilled player in a completely vulnerable state, if they're not killed outright.

essemdub

GAF Rainbow has a Discord? Could someone share it with me too?

I'm on PC and had the game since launch.

No idea, I just searched the thread for "Discord" and saw people asking. Add me if you'd like! I'm on PC as well: UP:essemdub

HIBANA
FIXED – X-KAIROS pellets will destroy gadgets on the opposite side of the wall from where they land

Does this mean Mutes will no longer be effective against Kairos ? I don't get it.

I can't say i've ever seen or did this but i think the implication is that the pellets simply colliding with walls was destroying some gadgets behind them, probably some weird collision with Jager's gadget, and that was fixed. Mutes are still intended to be able to jam Kairos pellets.

I read the description for the optic changes and still have no idea what they mean.

All sights are now in the same location and take up the same amount of the screen, regardless of weapon.

In this before picture, the red dot size and location is different because of the different weapon being used:

After the patch, no matter the weapon, all sights will be standardized to the same size and location shown here:

Arttemis

This game desperately needs an audio cue indicating the need for character selection. Half the time I'm looking at my phone or computer and have no clue the loading has completed and it's time to pick an operator.

Titanfall 2 really needs an indicator that the matchmaking has found a game and is about to start, too.

Rocket League nails it with its obvious, beeping countdown.

All sights are now in the same location and take up the same amount of the screen, regardless of weapon.

In this before picture, the red dot size and location is different because of the different weapon being used:

After the patch, no matter the weapon, all sights will be standardized to the same size and location shown here:

Yup.

Think about a red dot sight on an SMG vs DMR. SMGs often have shorter shoulder stocks than rifles, if they have them at all, allowing the sight/weapon to be held closer to the face. The location of the weapons sight rail could alter this distance, too.

So an RDS on an SMG may have appeared closer to the face/larger compared to a DMR or whatever.

Now, they've adjusted it so it's a consistent distance so the sight occupies the same amount of visual real estate across weapons. Less realistic but a more consistent experience.

TheRed

Pretty nice. But man I was hoping for a change where only the scopes zoom in vision and not the entire screen. I love the few games that do that.

Disgraced

I like the sight change. Next it'd be nice if they removed all front iron sights when another sight is equipped. All it does it mildly obstruct my vision and agitate my compulsion. Looking at you with special contempt, UMP and MP5K.

Unsure if this is an unpopular opinion.

HiiiLife

Well there goes my only reason to use an acog now. That extra zoom was automatic headshot guaranteed. Ah well. Maybe now I can actually use a holo without it taking too much of my screen cause the red dot just gets boring after awhile

Disgraced

Well there goes my only reason to use an acog now. That extra zoom was automatic headshot guaranteed. Ah well. Maybe now I can actually use a holo without it taking too much of my screen cause the red dot just gets boring after awhile
The acog still has extra zoom-in. It's the position and scale of the sights themselves they've made uniform.

TheKeyPit

Banned
I still think this is a bit of a wrong description. If you play Blackbeard more carefully now, it's possible for his shield to shatter while peeking and maybe he gets a kill off of it before having to back up and cycle.

If you try to play him like you used to be able to, shots penetrate through the shield like it's nothing usually leaving any unskilled player in a completely vulnerable state, if they're not killed outright.
Hey, that's my experience with Blackbeard now. I haven't played while RedCrow was released so I didn't have a clue about his second nerf reducing the shields health from 120-150(Can't remember the exact number) to 50-60.
I'll have to change my mindset about how to play him.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
I saw Jackal in play on Serenity's latest vid. Does anyone else think he's hugely overpowered? Three scans, and that doesn't include just looking at the footsteps and figuring out where the roamers probably are. A player with good map awareness can do the majority of call outs. He's a guaranteed pick everytime, and he has a pretty good assault rifle, with a shotgun secondary??? How is this even remotely fair?

Alienous

I saw Jackal in play on Serenity's latest vid. Does anyone else think he's hugely overpowered? Three scans, and that doesn't include just looking at the footsteps and figuring out where the roamers probably are. A player with good map awareness can do the majority of call outs. He's a guaranteed pick everytime, and he has a pretty good assault rifle, with a shotgun secondary??? How is this even remotely fair?

I'm starting to think it's a deliberate strategy from the developers. Make the DLC characters OP, reap the frustrated season pass sales, then gradually tone the character down.

Animator

Hey, that's my experience with Blackbeard now. I haven't played while RedCrow was released so I didn't have a clue about his second nerf reducing the shields health from 120-150(Can't remember the exact number) to 50-60.
I'll have to change my mindset about how to play him.

You still get the first shot. Blackbeard is still very good without being insanely OP like he was before with his indestructible shield.

Auctopus

Part of me thinks so, yeah. I think the 90 second ping that you can do three times is crazy on top of the fact you can see footprints anyway.

But we'll have to wait a few weeks or so to see whether he's a problem or not. Right now, it just means when he's picked, there'll be less roaming.

Top Bottom