• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

NHale

I don't mind unlocking things with renown. Just a few matches in and I've already unlocked 3. I assumed the Season Pass operators were exclusive to season pass holders. Can you unlock all operators and gear via renown?

First operators are easy to unlock but costs will increase for the rest of the Day 1 operators. I believe the 1st for each faction cost 500 renown but the 4th operator for each faction cost 5000 renown (or 2500 can't remember exactly).

The "problem" is that each Season Pass operator cost 25000 renown (so you need 200k renown to unlock all 8). So you can't play a few matches to unlock them that's for sure.

Auctopus

Never had this happened before but The game just seized up when joining a match, I went to close the application but the PlayStation couldn't do it, then it lost the input signal and my PS4 is just sitting on my desk hard-locked now. Lights on but it's not doing anything. This game is beyond broken sometimes.

First operators are easy to unlock but costs will increase for the rest of the Day 1 operators. I believe the 1st for each faction cost 500 renown but the 4th operator for each faction cost 5000 renown (or 2500 can't remember exactly).

its 500-2000 for the base game operators. Increasing in increments of 500 per team (FBI, S.A.S etc.). The DLC characters are quite costly for sure though, but it is still reasonable to unlock them through gameplay. I've earned over 100k renown since picking the game up in early December - though i do tend to play at least a few matches each evening.

Though, my plan is to spend the $20 to buy all the season 1 character and use the renown on skins and the year 2 operators to avoid buying the $40 year 2 season pass, though i am actually really enjoying the game and may splurge on it anyway... we'll see. I got the base game for so cheap i feel like i should invest a bit more in it.

Can't click on the link in work. What time does the patch go live on PS4?

Maintenance is between 9-10am EST.

nOoblet16

I don't mind unlocking things with renown. Just a few matches in and I've already unlocked 3. I assumed the Season Pass operators were exclusive to season pass holders. Can you unlock all operators and gear via renown?

DLC operators cost 25,000 each if you don't have season pass.
If you play a few matches every day or even a few days a week then I can't see how you won't have enough renown to unlock atleast two between now and the time until next DLC drops. You can get up to 300-500 renown per match if you play competitive (more if someone has a booster on in your team), that's about 50 matches or so to unlock one operator. Even if you only play 4-5 competitive matches a day (which is like 1.5 hours of play time) you'll have enough renown to unlock a new character after about 10 days of playing.

Now that sounds a lot but keep in mind there is a gap of 90 days between each DLC.

nOoblet16

Blackbeard is as balanced now as the flawed concept would allow, I'd argue. Whenever that shield shatters you need to see it as an extra life you were gifted, and having two extra lives is a heck of an operator ability.
I kind of agree.
All that balancing did was remove one playstyle of Blackbeard where he could tackle enemies head on while still keeping his window game strong.

Auctopus

I think the reason some people don't like him (and rightly so) is because losing to him feels cheap. You can outplay him completely and sometimes he will still come out on top in a skirmish. In intermediate-higher level play, your peeking game is what can separate you from winning and losing, it's very unforgiving and Blackbeard getting an extra second or two is very overpowered (but not OP if that makes sense). I also feel like his shield makes the hit detection sort of weird but I can't really back that up, it's more of a feeling.

Then again, I really don't see him picked that often. His gadget is only useful if your gameplan in a team is "im gonna be the person that kills everyone", he's very slow as well.

I only pick him if everyone has picked my preferred operators or if the objective room is the bedroom in Club.

mf.luder

If you play a few matches every day or even a few days a week then I can't see how you won't have enough renown to unlock atleast two between now and the time until next DLC drops. You can get up to 300-500 renown per match if you play competitive (more if someone has a booster on in your team), that's about 50 matches or so to unlock one operator. Even if you only play 4-5 competitive matches a day (which is like 1.5 hours of play time) you'll have enough renown to unlock a new character after about 10 days of playing.

Now that sounds a lot but keep in mind there is a gap of 90 days between each DLC.

This is my view exactly.

Bobnob

I bought the sp, how much will the new spanish operative's cost me? is it still 25.000 ? I saved up anyway 54.000.

mf.luder

I bought the sp, how much will the new spanish operative's cost me? is it still 25.000 ? I saved up anyway 54.000.

If you bought the year 2 season pass you get all the new operators for free and 1 week earlier than the rest of us.

They unlock today for you.

Never had this happened before but The game just seized up when joining a match, I went to close the application but the PlayStation couldn't do it, then it lost the input signal and my PS4 is just sitting on my desk hard-locked now. Lights on but it's not doing anything. This game is beyond broken sometimes.

Yep, had it happen a few times. It's also the only game that has previously taken me ~30 seconds to close.

Can't click on the link in work. What time does the patch go live on PS4?

It goes up the same time you stop ignoring my game invites, bell end.

Haven't tested out much but the faces for Jackal and Mira look way better than other operators in-game.

Shop still takes ages to load. Menu is pretty snappy otherwise despite the 3D models in the background.

NHale

I still think they need to reduce the price of Season 1 operators at least to give a chance for new players to unlock it fairly quickly. Make it 10.000 or something like that. Because right now a new player will have to get 200k renown just to get on the same level as those that have season pass/played it a lot.

While I understand they need to create value for the season pass owners, at the same time they need to make sure they don't create huge gaps between completely new owners and those that owned the game since day 1.

Arttemis

Slick new UI!

Regarding the unlocks... Yeesh, yeah, I just noticed the increasing cost. Oh well, I don't mind unlocking slowly.

I still wish there was an in-game audio cue regarding character selection, and not just a quiet last-moment count down.

I just learned about the Alpha packs. How does one earn them? Are they rewarded like battlebacks in Battlefield 1?

Edit: Valkyrie looks like she's seen some ish now. Liked her look before.

Vic_Viper

Having Issues now with Steam downloading the full game. Finished downloading the game last night at 52 gigs but when I I torrid to launch it, it starts pre allocating and now it's downloading all over again but it's 62 gigs now lol. I've never had a problem like this with Steam before. Gunna start over and try again tonight. Thankfully Nioh is out and can just play that for now.

I wonder if the HD Resolution pack is causing issues since its try to download it with the game. Going to try removing it and see if that works.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
First two matches with randoms, absolutely disastrous.

Guy rushes to pick the new ops (fine i don't care) but then rushes upstairs with Mira to do hatches? Every round for two games?

People are insufferable. Almost clutched the last round 4v1 on secure attack, but last guy downs me. 40 secs of teabagging. Great start to the season. lol. smh.

Auctopus

I play as Capitao 95% of the time and he was so overpowered

Well... haha

It was the right call, the fact he could shoot a flame arrow to move people out of pockets whilst also fragging was kinda assault heavy.

Although, I feel like giving them to IQ feels like a limp response to making her more appealing.

Arttemis

Hip firing in this game is so awful. I literally just missed a spray of bullets aimed at a stationary target while also stationary and crouched. Holy shit, I'm not used to that coming from Titanfall 2. Firing a handgun behind a shield is an outright joke.

Honestly, I prefer aiming down the sights for accuracy, as hip firing in real life is nonsense, but I think this game takes it to a polar opposite swing of unrealistically bad.

Disgraced

You gotta be insane to wear the alternate Jackal uniform.
Au contraire, Mira's alt with the matte orange universal paint on her guns looks dope as fuck.

And it really seems like they heeded the (rather widespread) complaints about the art style shift. Everyone's outfits have been reverted and/or darkened and it looks great! Keep it this way, please!

It also appears they edited some of the faces and their animation a bit, although I had to leave for class so I haven't had a chance to examine them in detail yet.

Hip firing in this game is so awful. I literally just missed a spray of bullets aimed at a stationary target while also stationary and crouched. Holy shit, I'm not used to that coming from Titanfall 2. Firing a handgun behind a shield is an outright joke.

Honestly, I prefer aiming down the sights for accuracy, as hip firing in real life is nonsense, but I think this game takes it to a polar opposite swing of unrealistically bad.

I'm no expert on the accuracy of shooting guns (besides 9mm) but I feel it's fair as far as hip firing goes.
I do believe this game doesn't encourage it as much as taking your time to actually aim your gun.

Auctopus

First impressions...

Map: great, feels like Club but with more nooks and crannies.

Jackal: primary weapon is nice and steady with a good punch, gadget makes you feel like a badass but also has a tendency to give you tunnel vision. You still need to be checking your corners whilst you tracking footsteps which I feel most people won't.

Mira: Vector is good but the clip runs out in an instant. You'll need to either be point blank or incredibly accurate to win firefights, recoil is very good though. Her gadget is pretty fun but most of my teammates ejected the windows before the action phase started, not sure why.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Near-constant server crashes. (PS4)

Tachanka is amazing now, thanks to Mira. Holy crap lol. You can take away entire rooms. Single-handedly cover a bomb room. (obviously there are counters though)

Was playing really smoothly for awhile, the matchmaking was much faster too. Now though, i can't connect =/.

Hope we get some good boosters for the troubles these past few days.

EDIT: As opposed to the bad boosters, lol. I mean like a few days worth.

Top Bottom