• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Auctopus

Near-constant server crashes. (PS4)

Tachanka is amazing now, thanks to Mira. Holy crap lol. You can take away entire rooms. Single-handedly cover a bomb room. (obviously there are counters though)

Servers down on x1

Was playing really smoothly for awhile, the matchmaking was much faster too. Now though, i can't connect =/.

Hope we get some good boosters for the troubles these past few days.

Yep. Booted and won't reconnect.

All servers are down.

I fucking LOOVE Jackal. His gun is fucking ridiculous.

Servers down too..been real flakey all day too.
All kinds of weird terrorist hunt AI.

Angry-Homer-GIF.gif

Was playing really smoothly for awhile, the matchmaking was much faster too. Now though, i can't connect =/.

Hope we get some good boosters for the troubles these past few days.

EDIT: As opposed to the bad boosters, lol. I mean like a few days worth.

They owe me so many boosters for their server issues.

They owe me so many boosters for their server issues.

Yes, i feel bad for almost defending them before as it had been fairly smooth sailing for me, and the odd time i'd had a hiccup they'd provided boosters or bonus Xp day or both. These last few days have been rough. Though really i was defending the up coming changes to matchmaking and hoping to see an improvement there.

Also are the loot packs out now, or is that down the road?

I'm just waiting for my apology about the server issues........

;)

Hey, i was specifically talking about matchmaking and giving the benefit of the doubt with upcoming changes. However i will relent and apologize on this subject: the servers are crap.

Kalentan

So I noticed that Universal Weapons Skins, such as the Year 2 Season Pass Obsidian and Aki No Tsuru cannot be equipped to the new guns. So yeah... You can't use the Season Pass exclusive skin on the characters, included in the season pass.

So I noticed that Universal Weapons Skins, such as the Year 2 Season Pass Obsidian and Aki No Tsuru cannot be equipped to the new guns. So yeah... You can't use the Season Pass exclusive skin on the characters, included in the season pass.

It was like that for the diamond camo in skull rain but they fixed it in the next season so if they take the same amount of time you'll be waiting a while

Yes, i feel bad for almost defending them before as it had been fairly smooth sailing for me, and the odd time i'd had a hiccup they'd provided boosters or bonus Xp day or both. These last few days have been rough. Though really i was defending the up coming changes to matchmaking and hoping to see an improvement there.

Also are the loot packs out now, or is that down the road?

Hey, i was specifically talking about matchmaking and giving the benefit of the doubt with upcoming changes. However i will relent and apologize on this subject: the servers are crap.

Haha, I'm just busting balls. You're a good man, Jacob. I don't care what CrayToes says about you.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
The free weekend made me buy this game and Velvet Shell is about to make me uninstall it.

Childish playerbase teamkilling because they don't get to pick the shiny new operators.

essemdub

what fr0st says, but also just pick what looks fun! you'll be able to unlock all the base characters quite quickly, so don't worry too much.

What both these guys have said, but I'll make a suggestion to pick up IQ first on offense. Some might disagree with this pick.

IQ is considered a "weak" pick for the meta right now (because her unique gadget doesn't have as big an impact on the game as other offensive operators) but the advantage of picking her early is her gadget is an excellent learning tool for new players.

Your gadget isn't mission critical, which alleviates pressure on you, but you can use it to learn how to recognize cameras, traps, etc early on.

She also has a very well-rounded loadout option so you can try a variety of weapon types.

The free weekend made me buy this game and Velvet Shell is about to make me uninstall it.

Childish playerbase teamkilling because they don't get to pick the shiny new operators.

Yeah, i noticed that too. I will say i've been playing for a few months and by far most games are great and i've met a lot of nice players.

If you're on PS4 i'll be happy to play with you! add me, jacob_armitage. I don't mind at all if you're new.

EDIT: You can get booted for TK'ing, but i believe you need to kill 2 people. Is there a better solution people would like to see? Maybe a grander penalty for players who TK fairly often?

Most online communities think they have the most toxic group around :p

That kind of shitty TK'ing happens, unfortunately, at the launch of almost every Siege DLC.

This is not a good solution, but unfortunately it is probably a viable solution, just don't pick the new operators for a bit. Yes it sucks. Yes Ubi needs to do something about TKing. Yes I know you want to try them. Yes it still sucks when you don't pick them and your teammate kills the person who did. Yes it is 2017 and the game is still fucked up in a lot of ways.

However....it's still the best tactical shooter on the market. Just stick with it.

Loving the new Operators.. Still kinda iffy about Jackles ability but his gun feels great. The Vector was awesome with the close encounters and th secondary shotgun helps.

The new ADS positions feels soo much better.

If anyone is playing any ranked tonight add me on PSN: B_Spooky13

nOoblet16

What both these guys have said, but I'll make a suggestion to pick up IQ first on offense. Some might disagree with this pick.

IQ is considered a "weak" pick for the meta right now (because her unique gadget doesn't have as big an impact on the game as other offensive operators) but the advantage of picking her early is her gadget is an excellent learning tool for new players.

Your gadget isn't mission critical, which alleviates pressure on you, but you can use it to learn how to recognize cameras, traps, etc early on.

She also has a very well-rounded loadout option so you can try a variety of weapon types.
She also has the best primary in the game.

nOoblet16

Hip firing in this game is so awful. I literally just missed a spray of bullets aimed at a stationary target while also stationary and crouched. Holy shit, I'm not used to that coming from Titanfall 2. Firing a handgun behind a shield is an outright joke.

Honestly, I prefer aiming down the sights for accuracy, as hip firing in real life is nonsense, but I think this game takes it to a polar opposite swing of unrealistically bad.
Use burst fire, and have proper attachment hip fire is alright in close range.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
People reporting soooo many bugs.

Earlier I was blown up by a friendly claymore. Caviar revives instead of interrogates. You can break Mira's canister by melee hitting it through the reinforced wall. Etc, etc, etc.

Wow. We're entering space jesus territory.

Rocketz

Update is a thumbs up from me so far. Menu feels a lot better. Haven't played Mira yet but Jackel's guns feel really good.

People are still assholes though. Had someone teamkill me at the start of of match I only assume because I picked Jackel. Being nice I waited until only a few seconds left in the select screen because I just was him the round before. No one picked him so I did. Some lvl 12 scrub hunted me down so I just reported and left that t-hunt.

OG Kush

Earlier I was blown up by a friendly claymore. Caviar revives instead of interrogates. You can break Mira's canister by melee hitting it through the reinforced wall. Etc, etc, etc.

Haven't downloaded the new update yet but LOL I'm not surprised. Ubisoft keep claiming they're really committed to this game, you would think they would put more resources towards QA.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I was also headshotted through Tachanka's turret shield. There's already vids of this. Didn't save mine...

Get fucked ubisoft. We're not your testers, assholes.

Hahaha "tell me where they are" *revives instead "I mean I was looking for the car keys"

Top Bottom