• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Did anyone else notice the secret changes that weren't in the patch notes?
From the background being the map when loading
Removing the black screen you get when you spawn in and just giving you no hud
Faster revive times
Really cool changes but they kept it hidden from us for some reason. I wonder why

mf.luder

It is not a thing because I have been playing with friends in other regions since the game came out including today.

Maybe not for you but we just had 1 CAN, 2 USA and 2 UK in a party and the UK guys would never end up in our match. It was extremely frustrating. Reddit also has evidence of the issue.

kvk1

Maybe not for you but we just had 1 CAN, 2 USA and 2 UK in a party and the UK guys would never end up in our match. It was extremely frustrating. Reddit also has evidence of the issue.

I've had issues getting into a stack from NA with the usual EU/SA friends I play with since the free weekend started.

I think when the servers get iffy the cross-region mechanisms break down a little bit.

Are you informed when Jackyl investigates your footprints and you're being tracked similar to Cav?

My Uplay account for suspended randomly on Superbowl Sunday and I'm waiting for Ubi to get back to me on why so I haven't played :(

nahlakhai

Most online communities think they have the most toxic group around :p

That kind of shitty TK'ing happens, unfortunately, at the launch of almost every Siege DLC.

Its no excuse on Ubi's part to not have proper reporting on toxic players. I think ANY game that has TKing even as a part of its "Casual" or quick play mode NEEDS to be better policed. Heck even Overwatch has had reporting on PC and now on console since the beginning and you have to actually make an effort to harass your own team members.

Perineum

I think Mira is god like and a COMPLETE game changer. Jackal not so much. He's "ok" in the right hands.

Mira though opens new lines of sight if you never bust the shield, or of course denies entry. I mean house for Garage is not a good option for offense anymore. Thermite in general feels lackluster compared to Hibana now if a Mira is on the other team.

Arttemis

Damn. I figured out why I never know when character selection is up. If you have the score board displayed, it completely covers the selection screen. I've been rookie 30% of the games I play because of this! I thought I was just too distracted on GAF.

They absolutely need to add an audio cue and/or auto-toggle the overlay off when it's time to choose an operator.

xezuru

I don't understand any fucking game who claims to be competitive that doesn't have thorough and exact patch notes and numbers.

Fury451

Banned
Mira is amazing. She offers a fantastic new way to approach tactical options for Defenders but also makes Attackers change up their approach also.

Jackal's weapons are great and I like him in concept, but honestly the game just moves too fast for a character with his ability to be consistently useful.

Mira is amazing. She offers a fantastic new way to approach tactical options for Defenders but also makes Attackers change up their approach also.

Jackal's weapons are great and I like him in concept, but honestly the game just moves too fast for a character with his ability to be consistently useful.

Agree about Jackal. By the time you figure out which direction the footprint were going (and coming) youre dead.

Really not feeling these new maps and why do they all feel so similar?

Much rather play on house/bank etc than Coast or the JP man... MEH

They feel like they have no soul outside and I like some of the semi outside/inside counter points. Maybe cause they are so cluttered or jammed up... whatever it is, don't like them.

I've been on about 2 hours now and still not played the new map yet....
Lucky you, hope I get this .

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
Really not feeling these new maps and why do they all feel so similar?

Much rather play on house/bank etc than Coast or the JP man... MEH

They feel like they have no soul outside and I like some of the semi outside/inside counter points. Maybe cause they are so cluttered or jammed up... whatever it is, don't like them.

Lucky you, hope I get this .

- Coastline is great and very easy to understand. So many of the props in that level break up appropriately when firing at them, is a nice touch.
- I'm not sure yet what to think of University
- Not a fan of Skyscraper at all - the flow of the interior sucks. Not sure what they were thinking.
- Didn't like Favelas initially but now I like all the verticality.
- Yacht feels like an extension of Plane. Kinda boring.
- Border is solid and already feels like an old friend.

More hits than misses really.

Sarcasm

So after snagging a free code (uplay only) and trying out. Rank 2! Unlocked Rook & Ash. Been doing t hunt mainly.

I am too scared to do PvP. =(

So after snagging a free code (uplay only) and trying out. Rank 2! Unlocked Rook & Ash. Been doing t hunt mainly.

You might want to do the Situations as well before jumping into PVP.

Not only do you get a better feel for the game but you earn up to 600 renown for each so can unlock a good amount of operators to try out.

pislit

Not only do you get a better feel for the game but you earn up to 600 renown for each so can unlock a good amount of operators to try out.

Also, you will get familiar with the maps.

in any case, fuck this shit i cant play on 250 ping with this update, wtf ubi

TheKeyPit

Banned
My team met the wrong opponents yesterday. We couldn't win. It was frustrating. 1 out of 10 games was Bomb, wtf. We didn't even play once on the new map.

Sarcasm

Was doing them until I saw T HUNT!

I played the crap out of that in V1, V2, R3!

CrayToes

Don't know what they did but ping is king.

Right now I don't feel like I'm being punished for having a low ping. 2 matches in so far and I'm 11-0.

You're playing with noobs due to no one having ranks yet. Don't worry, having a good connection will continue to screw you over before long.

nOoblet16

- Coastline is great and very easy to understand. So many of the props in that level break up appropriately when firing at them, is a nice touch.
- I'm not sure yet what to think of University
- Not a fan of Skyscraper at all - the flow of the interior sucks. Not sure what they were thinking.
- Didn't like Favelas initially but now I like all the verticality.
- Yacht feels like an extension of Plane. Kinda boring.
- Border is solid and already feels like an old friend.

More hits than misses really.
I absolutely love Skyscraper as both attacker and defender, it's right up there with Herford base, Consulate and House as my favourite maps.

Bloody hate Favelas though piece of shit map due to how skewed it is towards attackers since the rooms have tons of breakable walls, and if you are playing bomb then it'd be impossible to secure both areas in some of the locations. Simply because roaming defenders would only have one point of entry for a room where attackers can have multiple since they can rappel. Basically it's too tight for defenders and allows too many options for attackers that's why I hate it.

University is ok, but it's too damn big and Yacht is kind of so so.

nOoblet16

I've had issues getting into a stack from NA with the usual EU/SA friends I play with since the free weekend started.

I think when the servers get iffy the cross-region mechanisms break down a little bit.
It's probably some NAT issues there.

I was playing with people from India, West Coast, East Cost while they all joined me on Western European servers.

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
The game still crashes sometimes at operator selection on Xbox, but only happened like twice in our group in a full night of playing. So maybe improved, or maybe just a little lucky.

New map is kinda cool. New DLC looks very Blood Dragon-y, also Black Ops 2 Plaza-y. Lots and lots of floors to shoot through. Don't have a good feel for how it will play out with that middle courtyard area. It does seem kind of similar to Skyscraper but that's fine as I really enjoy that one.

Mira is a game changer, it's hard to know the full ramifications but you can absolutely build defensive strats from her ability which will probably make all sorts of new things viable. Really cool stuff.

Jackal is also amazing. I don't get the tepid response to him. It's not all about the footprint scans and marks. They're just a bonus. He can immediately carve off huge chunks of the maps without droning. All he needs is a peek of the sky bridge on Kanal early in the round and you know how many players crossed. Or on Hereford one peek of the staircase can clear half the map. His guns are pretty legit too. Absolutely top tier for players with good map knowledge and communication skills.

I'm really looking forward to mid-season reinforcements and the new matchmaking servers. Plz plz plz work.

Since Vegas 1 and 2 Rainbow Six has always been about Terrorist Hunt for me.

Anytime I play MP I am essentially useless for my team unless we are defending and I pick Rook. But it's worth trying out because it is pretty intense and the mechanics are very different. Don't be scared and don't feel like you owe anything to your team. It's not the end of the world if you lose.

Auctopus

I'm surprised it hasn't happened already but I kinda wish they'd make some tougher challenges for higher renown rewards. I suppose it's because they offer limited challenges in the first place, especially to non-season pass holders.

Maybe you could opt in for tougher challenges by setting a difficulty level for them like "6 kills in one multiplayer match" or even better, challenges similar to trophies in Overwatch that instruct the player to play better...

- Take out 5 CCTV cameras with Twitch's drone.
- Interrogate 3 enemies.

You get the idea.

I haven't find a great use for Jackal yet but Mira is fun lol. A couple of us gathered around an enemy MIra's mirror and heard her hit it. Everyone was just waiting so when the glass opened she got lit the fuck up. It was hilarious. I recorded that for sure.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
For me mira is more game changer than jackal.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some useful links via reddit:

They messed with everyones eyes - it looks hilariously weird.

lw70Wh5.png

OG Kush

House for me is their take on "COD style" map. Which is why I'm not the biggest fan of it. This new map seems alright after only a few rounds. I really want them to do a more open style map kind of like Bank. The weird thing about this game, at least for me, is that I don't have a favourite map that I know could keep playing over and over e.g. Dust 2. I guess it really depends on the objective placement.

NHale

Most online communities think they have the most toxic group around :p

That kind of shitty TK'ing happens, unfortunately, at the launch of almost every Siege DLC.

They could add a cooldown period after someone TK's 2 teammates besides kicking them out of the lobby. So imagine, if you do this once you get a warning. Do this twice, get a 10 minute ban from matchmaking, do this 3 times get 30 minutes ban from matchmaking. Right now it seems those griefers join the game, screw the 1st round, get kicked from the game and then you get the fight the rest of the rounds 4 vs 5. It screws the good people twice, getting killed and then fighting shorthanded...

Games like Rocket League have stuff like this implemented if you quit during matches, so I'm not sure why Ubisoft doesn't implement something similar.

mf.luder

I'm surprised it hasn't happened already but I kinda wish they'd make some tougher challenges for higher renown rewards. I suppose it's because they offer limited challenges in the first place, especially to non-season pass holders.

Maybe you could opt in for tougher challenges by setting a difficulty level for them like "6 kills in one multiplayer match" or even better, challenges similar to trophies in Overwatch that instruct the player to play better...

- Take out 5 CCTV cameras with Twitch's drone.
- Interrogate 3 enemies.

You get the idea.

Agreed. Get 1 headshot in MP or play 3 rounds as SAS are not really challenges.

Holy shit! Why is the update 15GB? o_O

Got home around 6pm and started update. Didn't finish until after 9 pm. I didn't even get to play since I was already going to sleep -_- I really wanted to make people team kill me by using the new operators lol

For the poster scared to play PvP. You'll be scared until you play through it. This game was scary for me until about level 30 . Now it's just funny and frustrating.

Top Bottom