• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

ACE 1991

Alright, so I'm interested in getting this game but am unsure if I should get it on PC or console. I have a beefy right but I'd like to be on the platform with the biggest/most active community. On these grounds should I get it for PS4 or PC?

frontovik

Banned
Alright, so I'm interested in getting this game but am unsure if I should get it on PC or console. I have a beefy right but I'd like to be on the platform with the biggest/most active community. On these grounds should I get it for PS4 or PC?

I'd get it on a console if I'd commit to it for the long-term (as a PC gamer)

At least on a console you don't have to wonder if the miracle stunts people pull off in the game aren't hacks/aimbots.

frontovik

Banned
It's not. What is prevalent is whiny players who think every time they die is due to a "hack".

No need to devolve into name-calling. I'm just offering input from my perspective after playing the game for the past year.

Why do you think Ubisoft released a significant anti-cheat system since release if there are no "hacks"? Certain PC gamers will always try to exploit the system, and I've seen blatant hacking via PC. It's not as bad as it used to be, but you will still encounter the occasional hacker.

andycapps

PC. Cheating isn't an issue with Battleye. I have it on PS4 as well. It's a much better experience on PC.

Both communities are very active.

andycapps

Ok, cool. I might pick it up soon. Is the year 2 pass just skins and stuff?
Year 2 pass means you get new characters day one, a small renown boost and discount in game shop, etc. If you don't have it you can still get the characters one week later but you have to spend a large amount of in game XP to purchase them. That grind can take some time, but it's definitely doable if you're playing 1-2 hours every day.

I think its crazy they dont offer a deep discount for a Season 1 pass or slash the Renown cost for those Operators.

I had no problem buying both but one of my friends wants to try the Brazilian operators and doesnt want to drop alll his banked renown.

I think its crazy they dont offer a deep discount for a Season 1 pass or slash the Renown cost for those Operators.

I had no problem buying both but one of my friends wants to try the Brazilian operators and doesnt want to drop alll his banked renown.

All the year 1 characters are $20 which i don't think is too bad.
It would be nice to see their renown cost reduced though.

Jackal is a nightmare :(

I made sure to silent step everywhere with Cav, but I must've left a couple steps somewhere waiting for the cool down.

Getting tracked for that length of time is crazy.

Auctopus

Jackal is a nightmare :(

I made sure to silent step everywhere with Cav, but I must've left a couple steps somewhere waiting for the cool down.

Getting tracked for that length of time is crazy.

Yeah, I was a happy roamer before he turned up. He's drastically changed the way I play. Time will tell though, I haven't seemed to play with a skilled Jackal yet but the 3 pings is crazy. 1 is more than enough.

It's essentially a better version of Caveira's interrogation (if there's < 4 enemies) except you don't need to get near to an enemy to track them and it lasts about 5 times as long as an interrogation.

Yeah, I was a happy roamer before he turned up. He's drastically changed the way I play. Time will tell though, I haven't seemed to play with a skilled Jackal yet but the 3 pings is crazy. 1 is more than enough.

It's essentially a better version of Caveira's interrogation (if there's < 4 enemies) except you don't need to get near to an enemy to track them and it lasts about 5 times as long as an interrogation.

I was also in disbelief that he can just leave the foot tracking vision on indefinitely.

I foresee nerfs where he can only keep that vision on for a finite amount of time (with the ability to turn it on and off, but say for a single round it can only be on for 20 seconds total in the round) and they slightly change his mechanics where if the steps are cold, he can only ID the operator, but if the steps are warmer, he can ID the operator AND track them.

Bobnob

No joy playing this game since the update! Well done ubi! Anybody else having serious lag issues, rubber banding etc etc ?

Cake Boss

Banned
Anyone experiencing these glitches where you start off and you can't even move, just turn left or right, and my character can get injured even tho I am in the set up phase where I am controller the little thing on wheels. Or you start off where the gun models don't even show up.

DeaDPo0L84

Hey guys, new to this particular community forum. I love R6, currently rank 77 (not that great I know) and am wanting to really get back into it. Problem is my normal crew is obsessed with collecting knee pads in the Division and it kinda sucks trying to play seriously with randoms. Anyone here play on ps4 somewhat consistently and possibly wanna group up? My psn id is my name here.

Hey guys, new to this particular community forum. I love R6, currently rank 77 (not that great I know) and am wanting to really get back into it. Problem is my normal crew is obsessed with collecting knee pads in the Division and it kinda sucks trying to play seriously with randoms. Anyone here play on ps4 somewhat consistently and possibly wanna group up? My psn id is my name here.

Added you, if anyone wants to add me please do, my PSN is jacob_armitage

Fury451

Banned
I was also in disbelief that he can just leave the foot tracking vision on indefinitely.

I foresee nerfs where he can only keep that vision on for a finite amount of time (with the ability to turn it on and off, but say for a single round it can only be on for 20 seconds total in the round) and they slightly change his mechanics where if the steps are cold, he can only ID the operator, but if the steps are warmer, he can ID the operator AND track them.

It's screws with your vision when its on, and if you come under fire it distorts. I see your point but so far I feel that he's countered so easily that it's not a huge worry.

HiiiLife

Damn I wanna buy the season pass because I just don't have the time to invest for operators and with For Honor coming out...:/

Sale plz :)

Foxxsoxx

Jesus the patch brought so many bugs to the game, it's crazy what's got through testing.

Got some Ranked matches where it only showed the skybox the entire round even after backing out and rejoining.

EL CUCO

We've been experiencing online instability on PS4 since the Velvet Shell update, which is resulting in disconnections and matchmaking issues. We are working very hard to implement a fix. We have identified one of the core issues and we will have more information regarding a fix on Thursday.

We apologize for this inconvenience and we will be providing a 50% Renown bonus over the weekend on PS4 as compensation
https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comments/5swx8n/update_on_ps4_online_instability_issues/

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Is nice to know that no matter how many new ops, maps and fixes the game gets the online services will always be garbage, god damn ubi.

- Coastline is great and very easy to understand. So many of the props in that level break up appropriately when firing at them, is a nice touch.
- I'm not sure yet what to think of University
- Not a fan of Skyscraper at all - the flow of the interior sucks. Not sure what they were thinking.
- Didn't like Favelas initially but now I like all the verticality.
- Yacht feels like an extension of Plane. Kinda boring.
- Border is solid and already feels like an old friend.

More hits than misses really.

coastline isn't fun to hang outside and shoot through windows etc

I dislike these new maps and I thought yacht was bad but these new ones just expand on that. Need more fun wide, long areas and entries like some of the other maps provide. I feel worried they keep going for this design style and will make me end up quitting the game eventually.

I don't even like needing to climb up the wall on skyscraper, it's so annoying and gives me no movement options outside to shoot in windows and relax, it's way too forced and annoys the hell outta me.

Popularity ruins a lot of games though, so won't be surprised as the hardcore tactics are lost with tighter maps and over the top operators.

Arttemis

I'm sooooooo bad at this game. Aim is atrocious via hipfire and I've gotten so used to hipfiring from Titanfall 2. There's also zero mobility in this game compared to that, so I feel like a fish in a barrel going up against people who seem to hone in on exactly where I am.

I get excited if I can get two kills per match. Not round, but the entire match. Half the games I play end with me getting no kills.

fr0st

Banned
I'm sooooooo bad at this game. Aim is atrocious via hipfire and I've gotten so used to hipfiring from Titanfall 2. There's also zero mobility in this game compared to that, so I feel like a fish in a barrel going up against people who seem to hone in on exactly where I am.

I get excited if I can get two kills per match. Not round, but the entire match. Half the games I play end with me getting no kills.
Game isn't just about kills. Positioning and angles are more important.

Haven't been able to really play for at least 12h. This game was either not meant to be so heavily iterated on, or Ubi are just unbelievably incompetent with handling online services. I'd like to think the former, with unprecedented success driving continued support which the game hadn't been built with in mind.

I can deal with every season arriving with new debilitating bugs, and to an extent I can deal with the occasionally long match making times, but what really destroys the experience for me is connection errors mid-game and the amount of downtime required to maintain servers.

Perhaps someone keep tripping over the LAN cable Ubi's got set up over at the McDonald's free Wi-Fi to run their services?

CrayToes

This is the reason why this game should be thrown on the trash heap and why we need Siege 2 ASAP. It's a fundamentally broken game. People crying for Ubi to just build on it for years to come with no desire for a sequel need to realise this. It's not going to be fixed, It's always going to have issues with the servers, the matchmaking, the interface, the hit detection, the implementation of patches etc. etc.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything

In your approach, substitute sound for mobility. In Titanfall mobility keeps you alive, in Siege it's listening. (And map knowledge / positioning) but stop and listen... I can tell you not only approximately where they are, but whether they're prone, on camera, moving, rushing, reloading, making their move, etc.

Slow down and listen. Use cameras. Talk to your teammates. Use pings. Guy who sees the other guy first usually wins the fight. Guy who knows where the other guy is, usually sees the other guy first.

Auctopus

Finished work for the week as I'm going to America next week, looking forward to diving in to the new patch properly.

Welp, the game is borderline broken. Not like it was before when matchmaking is kinda sketchy and sometimes fails. It's terrible. The game is struggling to get teams together, never mind match them up to opposing teams. The game has more players than ever but it takes 4 minutes minimum to get a match made.

I usually poke fun at how crummy some aspects of the networking are but this patch seems to have broken about 3 times as much as it's fixed.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
This is the reason why this game should be thrown on the trash heap and why we need Siege 2 ASAP. It's a fundamentally broken game. People crying for Ubi to just build on it for years to come with no desire for a sequel need to realise this. It's not going to be fixed, It's always going to have issues with the servers, the matchmaking, the interface, the hit detection, the implementation of patches etc. etc.

I think the same.We need a siege 2 because this game is broken in the core and the code.I don't want more years of season for this siege i want siege 2 with a good base not like this game.

You can be sure they're building Siege 2 as we speak.

I doubt it if the team says they want to support this game for many years and bring more operators :(

Top Bottom