• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Gator86

People that are playing this game right now are cancer

Casual is a mess

Just picked up the game after the free weekend. I was gonna ask if it is normally like this now. I rented it shortly after release and it wasn't nearly this bad. This community is fucking loathesome. Nothing but dropping, team killing, trolling, etc. Is ranked less hellish overall?

Recent free weekend, bringing on a bunch of new players + new update with two new operators and map + consistent server issues on all platforms = game is a tire fire currently.

Any newbies saying "fuck this game," it gets better I promise. In fact, it becomes incredible.

Sarcasm

Recent free weekend, bringing on a bunch of new players + new update with two new operators and map + consistent server issues on all platforms = game is a tire fire currently.

Any newbies saying "fuck this game," it gets better I promise. In fact, it becomes incredible.

Nobody really playing T hunt =(

People that are playing this game right now are cancer

Casual is a mess

It really is bad - i defended this community a few times as i've had really smooth sailing for the last few months that i've been playing. Its really terrible right now.

I am scared shitless to do PvP. I am too slow.

You'll get better w/ practice. If you're on PS4, you're welcome to play PVP w/ me. I'm also slow, but we'll have fun.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
I think all the assholes are people who came back play this game when the new operators were released. I've had teamkillers, pre-teens moaning into microphones constantly, "EZ GAME" shit at the end of every round, and a bunch of other annoyances the past couple days.

I'm finally getting the hang of a few maps. Some are just huge and a bitch to learn though

Ok, what the fuck is up with the TKing happening every third to fourth match. It's like clockwork. First one, fine, second, fine, third, head blown off at the start whether attack or defense. Are people literally just that dickish?

Ok, what the fuck is up with the TKing happening every third to fourth match. It's like clockwork. First one, fine, second, fine, third, head blown off at the start whether attack or defense. Are people literally just that dickish?

New operators bring out the assholes, also a slew of new players are logging on and they either don't care because they already know they won't stick with the game or they haven't figured out how fun the game is yet.

Also unfortunately, if you're on console, anecdotally, the console population is especially cancerous.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
I've been having a horrible time with the randoms in casual. Playing with a full stack is the only way I don't tear my hair out.

Edit: yes, usually it's nothing like this.

OG Kush

To all the new people who have joined the game/community, as mentioned earlier, it isn't normally this bad. Its a combination of new DLC, free weekend/sale and Ubisofts server mess.

NHale

I am scared shitless to do PvP. I am too slow.

That's a good thing imo. You don't want to play quickly until you know the maps and how players rotate to attack/defend objetives. I'm not that good at shooting in this game but I manage just fine because I move slowly and always try to take advantage of angles. Also sound, if you move slowly you don't alert the opponents as much about your position and you can hear them more easily.

Also servers suck. Fix this shit Guerrila.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
why are people saying that high ping is an advantage? the update made my ping 200 and i cant take it anymore!!!!

Because high ping is advantageous when peeking someone. But it means shit all in plenty of other situations. It's a limited advantage really.

OG Kush

New players who use Castle may be some of the most annoying people when they're on your team. Obviously can't really blame as they're new to the game but just wanted to vent. Heck, not even new players, I have played with some level 70+ people and who do the shittest castle barricades. Like come on man how can you have been playing this long and not know basic strategy and the workings of the game.

New players who use Castle may be some of the most annoying people when they're on your team. Obviously can't really blame as they're new to the game but just wanted to vent. Heck, not even new players, I have played with some level 70+ people and who do the shittest castle barricades. Like come on man how can you have been playing this long and not know basic strategy and the workings of the game.
I love playing as Castle, but I get really self-conscious about how my team feels about my barricades.
I usually place wall reinforcements, then wait until the roamers and those playing the objective have settled into position. Then I tend to barricade 2 windows into the objective room, (hard to argue against that) and then will place my last barricade on the most neglected entry into the objective.
Still, a random Valkyrie will always tear down at least one of my barricades for a last-second camera throw. Pretty aggravating. Some players hate having Castle on their team, but a Castle+Mute combo playing well can really run things near the objective.

mf.luder

I yelled at a castle the other day. We were playing bartlett and our container was on the second floor, in the corner room where you can rappel from the window. I forget the name of it.

I threw down my trauma plates, suited up and by that time both entrances to this room were closed. He had locked all 5 of us in this tiny fucking room. This was our OT match point. I wasn't pleased.

Jacqli

I need some tips for newbies, I have watched several streamings/matches and love the concept but I actually find this game so hard. It has so many options and, on top of that, I cannot get used to the mouse settings (playing on PC), do you have a recommendation? I can configurate the DPI of my mouse but I cannot get them right for this one (I also play Overwatch and Dead By Daylight without problems).
I still have to finish the tutorials though, but the settings are killing a bit of my enjoyment.

Also, how is this game for playing solo? I live in Europe so dunno about the language barrier or if people communicate a lot through mic.

If a castle barricades the room , I just break em down.

Last night was a good series of games with strangers for me. No one team killed other than by accident.
Also got 7+ kills a game which sucks because that guarantees I'm going to suck back for the next few days, it always happens.

What what what???????

What? Are you serious?

Lol as a level 102 I still don't know about this.
I think ive only played castle twice.
A lot of castle players won the round for us during the free weekend since a lot of rookies had no clue how to breach the objective.

I'm going to try castle out today and see how I do now that I know the layouts.

What do you mean?

Also, mute plus castle only means no breach charge will work right? Only fuse or ASH?

Fuze, Thermite, and Hibana charges are jammed. Ash's are not. Basically anything you have to activate with another button press.

Hot tip: Bandit can electrify deployable shields so slap those bad boys in doorways.

Is it common knowledge that you can break down an enemy Castle's barricade by punching it a bunch of times? I won a match with Castle by trapping a player in that basement area that has the home gym. They dropped in from the ceiling into a room I had totally fortified, and they just ran around trying to find a way out until the clock ran down. It takes like a dozen punches to knock a panel down, which makes me wonder how many people even figure out that you can do it.

also, it looks like it's back up on ps4.

Auctopus

Servers finally seem better, gonna be on tonight. Hopefully get some ranking matches done.

There are noobs EVERYWHERE so getting a group together should be fruitful.

Top Bottom