• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Yes!!

Jackal got a meaningful buff-- he now spots every 5 seconds and 5 times.

That's going to make him much more viable.

Hibana shotgun also got a damage buff, but to be honest, she still needs a nerf or adjustment as she's much too good.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Yes!!

Hibana shotgun also got a damage buff, but to be honest, she still needs a nerf or adjustment as she's much too good.
Aw yeah!!!

super tempted to pick this up, but I usually play the R6 games for terrorist hunt. Siege seems pretty bare bones in that regard, unless I'm missing something there is no customization other than normal, hard and realistic.

fr0st

Banned
Yes!!

Jackal didn't need a buff wtf

andycapps

super tempted to pick this up, but I usually play the R6 games for terrorist hunt. Siege seems pretty bare bones in that regard, unless I'm missing something there is no customization other than normal, hard and realistic.
I'm sure there's some people that play that mode a lot, but I think most people use Terrorist Hunt as a warm-up. It is finally getting dedicated servers, or maybe it has them already.

Jackal didn't need a buff wtf

I think its a nice change. Now he definitely scares roamers, whereas before, you could be tracked, move, and have some time to anticipate.

Now you are forced to really run back to the objective and move hard.

This is necessary because Ela is a really strong roamer, and Caveira could already counter Jackal. Now she'll have some trouble too.

I rarely see Jackal in ranked. He's fun in casual, but he tended to be on the low end of viability I think.

nOoblet16

Anyone else use Jackal's ability purely to check if there are roamers around in the area rather than pinging them?

Because if I ping then the roamer would most certainly end up being on the move (which can be a good thing or a bad thing depending on who ends up seeing the other first between you two), however if I only use it to look for footsteps then they don't get alerted to it and don't know that I'm actually tracking them but without pinging them. You can say I use his ability at times as a replacement for droning as I can check if anyone's around without actually bringing up the and checking every corner of the area I want to enter.

Infact I rarely ever ping someone unless I want to wall bang someone inside the objective.

MAX PAYMENT

This is why I am reluctant to think they would, let's say when Siege 2 comes, feature a graphical engine that would allow abilities that take advantage of more advanced lightning system or destruction. No, they won't, because it will massively upset the pro players.

It will maintain a simple visual fidelity and that's that. It's not a tactical shooter. It's an arcade shooter with tactical aesthetics.

What? It is absolutely a tactical shooter.

nOoblet16

No proper magazine system, operators take in crazy amounts of bullets, one hit kill melee strikes, the accuracy while on the move is through the roof, unrealistic gadgets and so on and on.
Tactical does not necessarily mean fully realistic simulation. Those aren't the only criteria for a tactical shooter

You have tactics and strategies that you have to constantly think of within the scope of the game and they are quite advanced. So it is quite tactical. Your health doesn't regenerate, you have to use tactics to outplay the opponents.

Tactical does not necessarily mean fully realistic simulation. Those aren't the only criteria for a tactical shooter

You have tactics and strategies that you have to constantly think of within the scope of the game and they are quite advanced. So it is quite tactical. Your health doesn't regenerate, you have to use tactics to outplay the opponents.

That's the prevalent use of it in video game context. You have to make tactical choices in all multiplayer shooters, doesn't mean they are all tactical shooters.

In any case, what I meant specifically in that sentence that MAX PAYMENT responded to is that most decisions regarding gameplay mechanics will be balanced around "fairness" and "competitiveness", not actually expanding gameplay possibilities that may turn it too asynchronous, like Spies vs Mercs gamemode that someone referred to earlier in the thread.

febLey

Bought the base version during the free weekend. The game is a lot of fun. Already unlocked 12 of the operators.

But those Year 1 and Y2 operators are going to be a grind. I'm already thinking about getting the Legacy operator pack.

Also it sucks that it still hasn't got any PS4 Pro improvements. They could at least bump the frame rate in terrorist hunt.

TheKeyPit

Banned
Anyone else use Jackal's ability purely to check if there are roamers around in the area rather than pinging them?

Because if I ping then the roamer would most certainly end up being on the move (which can be a good thing or a bad thing depending on who ends up seeing the other first between you two), however if I only use it to look for footsteps then they don't get alerted to it and don't know that I'm actually tracking them but without pinging them. You can say I use his ability at times as a replacement for droning as I can check if anyone's around without actually bringing up the and checking every corner of the area I want to enter.

Infact I rarely ever ping someone unless I want to wall bang someone inside the objective.
No, but I'll try to use him that way the next time I play him.

andycapps

Bought the base version during the free weekend. The game is a lot of fun. Already unlocked 12 of the operators.

But those Year 1 and Y2 operators are going to be a grind. I'm already thinking about getting the Legacy operator pack.

Also it sucks that it still hasn't got any PS4 Pro improvements. They could at least bump the frame rate in terrorist hunt.
I think you can bump the frame rate on t hunt in turning off v-sync. The extra power in the pro may help with tearing.

Auctopus

Didn't see anyone mention it on this thread but seasonal camos that previously were exclusive to headgear (eg. Skull rain camo) will now be full uniform camos from Blood Orchid onwards.

So every OP should be receiving a new uniform/headgear camo at the start of the season.

jkupper

Neo Member

That's a really good idea, Thanks!

Cronnie

Despite having an absolutely terrible first match (literally got team killed and vote kicked from the game within the first few seconds, with a message calling me a "noob scrub") I stuck with it and have put in quite a few hours over the free weekend and just bought the full game.

Slowly been picking up map knowledge and starting to climb that steep learning curve, have been playing a bit of ranked and I'm at Silver I and another two wins or so from Gold. If any PS4 players have a spot in their sessions for a new but fast learner, please do shoot me a friend request (PSN is Cronnie).

OG Kush

New Kafe textures... hmmm
r6-blood-orchid-data-cleanup_299540.jpg

SMG11 has 2 additional magazines. Nice.
Barb wire nerf.
Bandit tricking can now be done on Hibana pellets while they fuze!

nOoblet16

Uhh...Hibana can now be Bandit tricked. This means Hibana can be Bandit tricked every single time, while Thermite can at the very least still bait the Bandit into committing and deploy his gadget elsewhere due to the way toggle settings work with his gadget (or have thatcher blow it up when Thermite baits Bandit)

I've known about the barbed wire nerf since like back in April/May, it was going to happen simply because of the newer operators being trap based operators that slow down attackers. Still it's not that much 45% reduction compared to 50% isn't that big of a difference, neither is 2 hits instead of 3....especially considering the wonky hitbox of barbed wire anyway.

God almighty, what a patch!

Hibana nerfed, yesss. Bandit will scare her off forever, allowing our boy Thermite to make his comeback.

IQ continues to get meaningless buffs that won't change her pick rate.

mf.luder

2 speed operators lose their acog as well.

"As a standard from now on there will not be a 2 or 3 speed Defender with the option of using the ACOG sight."

fixing the "bullets from sites" design is something that needed to be done, but I've understood how it worked for so long and have naturally just used it that way that its going to take me some time to undo that ingratiation into my playstyle

Auctopus

High Ping/Hit Reg. (They're working on it)

Over Season 3, we will be testing fixes and improvements that will aim to address Hit Registration issues and poor network conditions. We are currently testing something we’re calling Latency Alignment, which will make 1v1 encounters feel more consistent. The result should be that the server will more accurately mirror the reaction time of players with unstable connections, giving a fairer reaction time to their opponents.

We are also working on adjustments to our shot validation to further favor players with more stable connections. This will be a lot more punishing on shots that happen far away. There are other improvements for hit registration, headshot registration, and ping that we will be trickling into deployment.

Notes on the red filter being removed from going outside. Interesting that they view it as "Oh, poor defender being vulnerable when they jump outside the building!"

We have removed the red filter that make defenders’ vision uncomfortable when they run outside the building. We think the red warning in the middle of the screen should be clear enough feedback that you are doing something dangerous.

Insane amount of fixes overall and big changes, especially the lighting. Interested to see how the game and meta feel after a few weeks.

Ela sounds like an auto-pick, I smell TKing.

Keihart

I'm very triggered by the smoke that is basically a gray wall from both sides and the lighting changes, both seem to be taking the game more in a "i aim better i win" type of direction instead of a battle of wits.

jkupper

Neo Member
I'm very triggered by the smoke that is basically a gray wall from both sides and the lighting changes, both seem to be taking the game more in a "i aim better i win" type of direction instead of a battle of wits.

The smoke just seems more consistent now. Before the enemy and you would see two different things regarding the smokes location.

High Ping/Hit Reg. (They're working on it)

Notes on the red filter being removed from going outside. Interesting that they view it as "Oh, poor defender being vulnerable when they jump outside the building!"

Insane amount of fixes overall and big changes, especially the lighting. Interested to see how the game and meta feel after a few weeks.

Ela sounds like an auto-pick, I smell TKing.

I have a feeling they're going to reel this one back eventually.

Keihart

The smoke just seems more consistent now. Before the enemy and you would see two different things regarding the smokes location.

Depending on the lighting the smoke could be seen through, you can actually use this to your advantage even as a defender. This nuance will be no more which is my problem, not the position of the smoke itself.

Depending on the lighting the smoke could be seen through, you can actually use this to your advantage even as a defender. This nuance will be no more which is my problem, not the position of the smoke itself.

But it was inconsistent before. Now it can reliably be used for its purpose, which is to confuse defenders and conceal attackers/cause distractions

Top Bottom