• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Auctopus

If you two killed the enemy team with the efficiency and immediacy that you kill each other, we'd be in ESL.

Actually, that's unfair. There's a clear sole aggressor in the squad.

Played some of the TTS. Defenders traps are way too strong/numerous. I don't know what they were thinking both making lesion's traps cloaked AND giving him so many of them.

mf.luder

I haven't forgotten what you did last night.

If you two killed the enemy team with the efficiency and immediacy that you kill each other, we'd be in ESL.

my_body_is_ready.png

spiiiiicy buttcheeks

Animator

IQ can't do shit to it. You will just get murdered walking around with your shitty pistol out.

The only decent counter is Thatcher grenades at the moment. Leison is OP as fuck. Not feeling the new metagame where you can't walk two steps in without hitting a mine or something else.

TheKeyPit

Banned
IQ can't do shit to it. You will just get murdered walking around with your shitty pistol out.

The only decent counter is Thatcher grenades at the moment. Leison is OP as fuck. Not feeling the new metagame where you can't walk two steps in without hitting a mine or something else.
So, have we finally arrived at the correct "Siege"-meta?

arimanius

I only have the base ops. Has UBI offer a bundle in the past that has all of them including the new ones or am I going to have to buy them all separately? Trying to figure out the best way to get all of them. I'm on PS4.

So, have we finally arrived at the correct "Siege"-meta?

If this is what they wanted for Siege then they fucked it up. Gadgets were supposed to influence the game but not be the deciding factor. The balance between gunplay and gadget use is what made Siege work. Adding so many new traps at once was a really dumb decision.

Also IQ isn't a counter. She has to walk around with her pistol out and get killed instantly by anyone peeking. The new map is full of corners and hallways that demonstrate this perfectly. It's not like she can shoot the new mines through walls, she has to peek a corner to see them and then get shot by someone because she has that awful pistol in her hand.

Keihart

If this is what they wanted for Siege then they fucked it up. Gadgets were supposed to influence the game but not be the deciding factor. The balance between gunplay and gadget use is what made Siege work. Adding so many new traps at once was a really dumb decision.

Also IQ isn't a counter. She has to walk around with her pistol out and get killed instantly by anyone peeking. The new map is full of corners and hallways that demonstrate this perfectly. It's not like she can shoot the new mines through walls, she has to peek a corner to see them and then get shot by someone because she has that awful pistol in her hand.

haven't played the new patch but gonna say on a limb that clearing rooms with grenades and fuze if you have an IQ to let you know beforehand will be a thing. IQ should have a way to let the team now when she finds some gadgets and where, since not everyone uses mics on casual or even rank. Jackal's ping is basically the same, when in a team is not even that useful.

Can't you spot mines through walls? Wtf? Is this unique to mines, because you can spot all the other electronics through walls?

Disgraced

It's not like she can shoot the new mines through walls, she has to peek a corner to see them and then get shot by someone because she has that awful pistol in her hand. [...] Adding so many new traps at once was a really dumb decision.
She... can? The P12 is a fine pistol. She can also shoot them through floors. And she... can chuck frags around corners instead?

I think Blood Orchid is going to slow the pace of the game just as much as it needs for the time being. It's only two new trappers, and only one of them is lethal. More trappers are what I've thought game has needed for a long time—since last year, actually. I think it's better for all trappers since the more types of traps you have to mindful about the more likely you are to fall for them. It could up all their viability.

Trappers have needed a buff. By their nature they're not the most viable class to begin with. If the next season brings more trappers, then there's probably a problem.

Really, let's see how the new ops actually affect the metagame before we make conclusive judgments.

Also I'm gunna step up on a hoity toity pedestal and say you know what, fuckers? Discussions everywhere of IQ's viability are honestly a season or so behind. "Just give her a HUUUUUUD! Blaaaaargh." She's more viable now and she's been viable for a while. The indirect and direct buffs she's received have actually worked, slowly and steadily. Could she use a little more? Maybe. Probably. But a fucking overhaul? NO! No motherfucker, no! That's an unnecessary investment when the game has so many other problems they can't keep up with. /rant

mf.luder

In all of this talk of traps, lets not forget attackers can deploy all 10 drones at once.

I said this much earlier, I want a recon heavy operator. Reinforced drone. Can smash through regular barricades, not castled ones. Maybe has a little extra HP.

Let's switch the game up and let the players decide how the chips fall.

CrayToes

Oh yah? Who's that?
If you don't say Nooblet then you better watch your butt cheeks tonight

Disgraced

I think grenades on IQ kinda misses the point, is just like the damage nerf on Glaz. Quick boring fixes.
You say boring, I say practical. Both are different economical fixes with different degrees of success. (Glaz's damage nerf isn't helpful.) I think giving IQ a HUD would be just as unnecessary and even more over the top than Glaz gaining a thermal scope.

Glaz gaining a god damn thermal scope was missing the point. Glaz getting a thermal scope is just as stupid but upvoted, liked, and quoted idea from the "community" as IQ gaining a HUD.

Why must "fixes" always be so extreme? Is it because it's more #CONTENT? You don't to overhaul something to overhaul the game. Not every character needs a #MIDSEASONREINFORCMENT. Some definitely do. IQ isn't one of them anymore.

Keihart

I say it because IQ as a concept should be the electronics reccon operator, as of now is more of a fragger than that.

Glaz thermal on paper was good, but how it works makes no sense in a thermal visor kind of way, even MGS3 thermal vision could have worked better.

If you make any character a really good fragger the pick rate will go up in this game, so i'm against those changes instead of making the operators work in their own way adding more layers to the game.

Disgraced

I say it because IQ as a concept should be the electronics recon operator, as of now is more of a fragger than that.
That's not entirely true and not entirely a problem. Unless you're just going for frags, you really pick IQ to find Black Eyes, Yokai, and now Gu mines.

And why shouldn't IQ pack a whop of frag potential in conjunction with her intel abilities? That's exactly what her defensive counterpart Pulse does.
If you make any character a really good fragger the pick rate will go up in this game, so i'm against those changes instead of making the operators work in their own way adding more layers to the game.
Making her a good fragger doesn't subtract any depth. And that's not the only change they've made to her. They've improved her gadget more and more and more and it's become so much more useful.

It used to be a panel of illegible blobs, for fuck's sake! It's extremely helpful now in the right hands and in the right situation, and that's all a character needs to be in this game.

You who don't need to be good fraggers? Fucking Thermite and Hibana. The only reason their guns are so good now is "for fun." One or the other or both are already must-picks, so fuck it, their guns might as well be amazing! Fuck no! They are definitive support characters. Why should they have their cake and eat it too? Hibana should not be Ash 2.0.

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
You're looking at it from the perspective of what Jackal does with his pings. What I'm talking about is to use he footsteps as pretty much a replacement for drones, this way eventhough you are moving slowly while ADS you don't spend precious time droning or alerting enemies.

Don't get me wrong pinging has its advantages (even more now with the changes), especially when you already know if an enemy is in the room as after pinging you can either flush the enemy out the way you suggested or wall bang the enemy. But when you don't know where the enemy is and want to stalk them without alerting them then not pinging has its merits too.

All I'm saying is that pinging isn't the only way to use his visor, and he's one of the very few operators in the game whose utility still retains some of the original purpose even after exhausting all of the pings.

And yea Jackal not being viable in ESL doesn't mean he's "low tier". It just means ESL players don't have a need for his utility due to heir playstyle. And no one plays like ESL players outside of ESL so his utility automatically becomes considerably better. And both his gun are still amazing even after the nerf.

As I say, I'm still dialing my Jackal game in. I feel like there are some contradictions you have to deal with as a Jackal player. At the start of the round you need to play really fast, and once you've cleared large swaths of the map and the footsteps have cooled down it's time to play slow. I can't decide between Holo and ACOG for him. Holo is much better for phase 1 but less so for phase 2.

I'll just say this about following footsteps without scanning, keeping that filter on your screen for a long time sucks for your ability to pick up enemies if they charge you. And that really seems to be the most successful strategy, at least against me. Push me, catch me with my headset on and sort of poor visibility. I like scanning, and then turning the visor off so I can concentrate on my push. Occasionally flipping it on to check choke points and the like.

I played some on the TTS. The lighting provides good visibility. The going into sunlight effect isn't *completely* gone. But it looks a lot more like every other video game now.

I can't get the old data mined names out of my head regarding the new operators. Especially Dazzler. The dazzler is kind of cool. The two modes work well, but the timer seems pretty short even on max. Big ammo LMG with a pretty fast reload. It will make for some cool hot breaches.

Caltrops I'm less sold on, at least when I went 1v1 and unleashed my sick dazzles while eating a Gu in return on entering, it was clearly my advantage. I guess since the Gu keeps regenerating it makes sense that they're relatively weak. I don't know, I wasn't feeling him but maybe he just doesn't suit my playstyle.

And Ela, bardzo cię lubię. She seems like top roamer now. Great gun. Her Grzmot can cover flanks as mines and still leave leftovers for emergency flashbangs. Clearly the star of the show here.

Keihart

That's not entirely true and not entirely a problem. Unless you're just going for frags, you really pick IQ is to find Black Eyes, Yokai, and now Gu mines.

And why shouldn't IQ pack a whop of frag potential in conjunction with her intel abilities? That's exactly what her defensive counterpart Pulse does.Making her a good fragger doesn't subtract any depth. And that's not the only change they've made to her. They've improved her gadget more and more and more and it's become so much more useful.

It used to be a panel of illegible blobs, for fuck's sake! It's extremely helpful now in the right hands and in the right situation, and that's all a character needs to be in this game.

You who don't need to be good fraggers? Fucking Thermite and Hibana. The only reason their guns are so good now is "for fun." One or the other or both are already must-picks, so fuck it, their guns might as well be amazing! Fuck no! They are definitive support characters. Why should they have their cake and eat it too? Hibana should not be Ash 2.0.

Yes, IQ's visor has been upgraded several times but frags are not necessary and were added only to increase her pick rate because her guns were already really good. Comunicating the exact position of a spotted object really is an issue right now, if you are with your team playing no problem, everyone uses the same callouts . If you are playing with randoms is pretty hard to pass the information. So making her able to mark some gadgets can be a very good change, maybe make one gadget visible at the time to the whole team , in case there is something you want assistance in taking out. And take the nades out so she needs team cooperation to work out buk since she can mark a gadget the ui takes care of it.

Hibana is definetly way too good, Thermite on the other hand it's ok i think, thermite with frags was crazy tho, he could work by himself clearing batteries and what not kinda like IQ as of now but without the team utility.

Disgraced

So making her able to mark some gadgets can be a very good change, maybe make one gadget visible at the time to the whole team , in case there is something you want assistance in taking out.
I think that would be really cool and it's a much more reasonable suggestion than completely changing her character.
And take the nades out so she needs team cooperation to work out but since she can mark a gadget the ui takes care of it.
But I still disagree on this. I don't think her special is strong enough at its core—however you cut it to warrant a nerf to her solo capability and kill potential. Let her have the ability to take out gadgets with those 'nades and her guns herself. It's not the easiest task anyway (aiming grenades and using a penetrable surface); to let her team know where they are and ask them to do it is the most efficient method. Winning teams work together.

arimanius

I just got MVP. Me! I'm usually dead last with zero kills. Man did those people suck lol go go copper 1!

Edit* and I'm back down to earth now lol

Keihart

So i was playing on PC because Test Servers and had to clucht it with tatcher, if only the enemy team knew that i was playing with a dualshock 4...I regret not activating shadowplay beforehand.
giphy.gif

nOoblet16

In all of this talk of traps, lets not forget attackers can deploy all 10 drones at once.

I said this much earlier, I want a recon heavy operator. Reinforced drone. Can smash through regular barricades, not castled ones. Maybe has a little extra HP.

Let's switch the game up and let the players decide how the chips fall.
How about a drone that explodes in defender's face and kills them before the round even starts?

nOoblet16

As I say, I'm still dialing my Jackal game in. I feel like there are some contradictions you have to deal with as a Jackal player. At the start of the round you need to play really fast, and once you've cleared large swaths of the map and the footsteps have cooled down it's time to play slow. I can't decide between Holo and ACOG for him. Holo is much better for phase 1 but less so for phase 2.

I'll just say this about following footsteps without scanning, keeping that filter on your screen for a long time sucks for your ability to pick up enemies if they charge you. And that really seems to be the most successful strategy, at least against me. Push me, catch me with my headset on and sort of poor visibility. I like scanning, and then turning the visor off so I can concentrate on my push. Occasionally flipping it on to check choke points and the like.

I played some on the TTS. The lighting provides good visibility. The going into sunlight effect isn't *completely* gone. But it looks a lot more like every other video game now.

I can't get the old data mined names out of my head regarding the new operators. Especially Dazzler. The dazzler is kind of cool. The two modes work well, but the timer seems pretty short even on max. Big ammo LMG with a pretty fast reload. It will make for some cool hot breaches.

Caltrops I'm less sold on, at least when I went 1v1 and unleashed my sick dazzles while eating a Gu in return on entering, it was clearly my advantage. I guess since the Gu keeps regenerating it makes sense that they're relatively weak. I don't know, I wasn't feeling him but maybe he just doesn't suit my playstyle.

And Ela, bardzo cię lubię. She seems like top roamer now. Great gun. Her Grzmot can cover flanks as mines and still leave leftovers for emergency flashbangs. Clearly the star of the show here.
Oh I don't keep the visor on all the time. This is my process when playing Jackal, Go into a room and flip the visor on -> Check if there are any footsteps in the room or the doors -> Flick it off -> Do the same at every chicken point.

At most I have the visor on for about 4-5 seconds before I switch it back off because it affects you visibility and if you start a firefighter then you go into an immediate disadvantage.

can we get general tips and tricks for all the new operators going?

Thermite/Hibana/Thatcher: Play passively until you've used your gadgets and done your job, then be more aggressive and challenge peeks.

Blackbeard: Peek EVERYTHING.
Always try to keep the lower half of your body behind cover to minimise incoming damage.

Ash: GOTTA GO FAST.
Use your gadget to destroy castle barricades and/or barb wire, deployable shields, etc.
Take flash bangs and throw them into rooms to check for any Jäger devices before using your grenade launcher.

Sledge: Use your hammer and grenades to destroy castle barricades and barb wire quickly. Your hammer can also be used for more discrete breaching through in unreinforced walls, and breaking the ceiling from above to challenge vertically.
Don't just Kool-aid man through every wall you see as you may open up flanking routes for defenders.

Still can't forgive these Ubifucks for making Glaz SO USELESS.

Pieces of shit ruined him with the texture hack buff, and the successive damage/recoil nerf.

jkupper

Neo Member
Still can't forgive these Ubifucks for making Glaz SO USELESS.

Pieces of shit ruined him with the texture hack buff, and the successive damage/recoil nerf.

The new smokes act as a indirect buff to Glaz. The meta around Glaz prior to the damage recoil nerf was one of the worst meta's in the game. I think he is in a pretty good place now.

The new smokes act as a indirect buff to Glaz. The meta around Glaz prior to the damage recoil nerf was one of the worst meta's in the game. I think he is in a pretty good place now.

Yeah, but I think if one has to choose between the texture hack and damage recoil nerf, I'd prefer the latter. And he was my main before the buff/nerf. Right now he is not good either long or short distance. Especially if there's shit going on with hit detection, because spraying with an SMG or AR with ACOG will still net you better results lol.

Besides, they removed Favela completely, and House and Hereford out of ranked, some of the few maps where he is not shit. Plane too, although there it only works on casual.

I did not play Glaz when he still had the red filter. Why was that removed? Although I assume now with lightning changes lol, even that ability would've been useless anyway. Kek ubisoft, kek.

Since it's not like they care about realism anyway, I think giving him the ability to see through smoke but not have enemies texture hacked would be great, if they upped his damage and recoil numbers again.

Top Bottom