• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Man the aiming definitely feels smoother. You guys brainwashed me.

It's definitely noticeable when you're zoomed and tryIng to hit a small target at a long distance. The crosshairs used to jump in whichever direction you moved the stick, and it was impossible to smoothly move it to your target. Now you can smoothly shoot at range. I think it feels better overall to be honest. No brainwashing necessary! It's real!

Not really, because you can still play with anyone if you invite them. You can match and it will place you onto servers closest to the lobby host. So you can still have lobbies with American's playing with Europeans, etc.

If you're alone, then you match on your nearest local dedicated server first. Which makes complete sense .

Why would you want to? I mean it's still possible, but it will prioritize your region first. Latency is a big deal, so it's much more competitively valid to play in your own region.

The game doesn't seem to force it upon you entirely, it will just search for your region first. Same thing that most multiplayer games do... if anything, Ubi's matchmaking was backwards before the update, but it's better now.

Still, since day one, if I match alone, I will always find people in Europe. So I'm not even sure that this is a change? It has always worked that way for me, already.

Yeah well, i'll see. I just like to play with people from all over the world. I don't want to play with people from my own country.

XBP

Two things that really annoy me.

1. People who dont pick up the damn armor.
2. People who dont reinforce walls.

I keep telling them to reinforce the room's walls and place a marker on the wall yet they ignore me and camp near doors ignoring everything? And guess what? Every single time the enemy breaches through those walls that weren't reinforced. :S

I haven't been able to jump on at all yet because of final exams but can/has anyone share/d a picture of the new blood FX?

I was a fan of the ridiculous amount of spray, and I'm curious to see what's been changed.

B3N1

I haven't been able to jump on at all yet because of final exams but can/has anyone share/d a picture of the new blood FX?

I was a fan of the ridiculous amount is spray, and I'm curious to see what's been changed.

The amount is still ridiculous
ly good
, but it looks even better now imo. Only a few shades darker. No pics sry.

Crescende

Banned
My heart is broken right now. I really do love this game but me and my group of friends decidet to quit this game for a month or two since it is just not playable at all on Xbox One. This is how our gaming afterwork evening Looks like:

- We gather on Xbox live Party and boot up the game
- Everyone gets 3 error messeges in a row that the rainbow six Server is not available
- We wait a manute till the game reconeccts us to the Server.
- i invite my 4 friends to squad. At this point there is usually one Player that can not join the squad and gets an error.
- We try another host till we have one everyone can connect to.
- Everyone gets exited and we press matchmaking. There is a 50% Chance that everyone can enter the search. If someone gets bootet while trying to find a match we repeat the above steps till it works.
- If we happen to find a match we have a 70% Chance that someone gets booted during the game thus leading us to repeat the above steps.
- There is a 10% Chance that after getting booted to not be able to connect to anyone from the squad till the xbox gets hard reset.

I could cry :( We managed to Play 2 complete games in 4 hours. And those to games were full of netcode BS. For instance in game one i busted open the floor with sledge hammer. teammate marked the enemy below me with a drone and i jumped down through the hole preaiming at the enemy. I lined up a good headshot that did not Register. instead i got rubberbanded back through the hole above me and i died up there. Killcam showed the enemy Shooting at nothing at all.

We all have open NAT and 30-40ms ping to WEU

SomTervo

My heart is broken right now. I really do love this game but me and my group of friends decidet to quit this game for a month or two since it is just not playable at all on Xbox One. This is how our gaming afterwork evening Looks like:

- Everyone gets 3 error messeges in a row that the rainbow six Server is not available
- i invite my 4 friends to squad. At this point there is usually one Player that can not join the squad and gets an error.
- Everyone gets exited and we press matchmaking. There is a 50% Chance that everyone can enter the search. If someone gets bootet while trying to find a match we repeat the above steps till it works.
- If we happen to find a match we have a 70% Chance that someone gets booted during the game thus leading us to repeat the above steps.
- There is a 10% Chance that after getting booted to not be able to connect to anyone from the squad till the xbox gets hard reset.

I could cry :( We managed to Play 2 complete games in 4 hours. And those to games were full of netcode BS. For instance in game one i busted open the floor with sledge hammer. teammate marked the enemy below me with a drone and i jumped down through the hole preaiming at the enemy. I lined up a good headshot that did not Register. instead i got rubberbanded back through the hole above me and i died up there. Killcam showed the enemy Shooting at nothing at all.

Absolute bummer. PC and PS4 seem fine.

This fixed my problem right away. No kidding:

http://rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-gb/support/index.aspx

You will need to forward these ports for the best possible connection:

Uplay PC:
TCP: 80, 443, 14000, 14008, 14020, 14021, 14022, 14023 and 14024.

Game Ports:
UDP: 3074 and 6015

XBP

What's the nat type like for all of you guys? For everyone to join a squad and for things to work properly your nat type needs to be the same.

Pachimari

My apologies for not being active that much this month, have a lot to do. It also reflects in my level, as I am #41 among my friends. I'll change that!

The recent Ultra HD Texture Pack released on Steam, is that one available for the uPlay version as well?

Deasnutz

Banned
PC version looks pretty fantastic now.

I haven't got to the multiplayer yet, but I thought I'd point out something. I'd never enable voice, if it was berating. And if I did, and it was, I'd leave a game without a thought.

Patch seems to have alleviated a lot of my connection issues which is great!

And hey, managed to unlock the platinum trophy last night. Gonna keep playing for some time to come, really looking forward to whatever operator comes next.

Lupercal

Banned
Getting constant server issues ever since the new patch.
Never had any issues before, hope it stabilises for the weekend.
Had a few sure wins gone away with people dropping.

Camper182

Love this game so much!

got a few cool cips to share from recent ps4 sessions

In this one i kill all the 5 attackers in only a few seconds, with both MP7 spraydown and 2 pistol finishers. (great thanks to the team spotting the attackers)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4XQWRqe7uE

Here i am in a situation where it's up to me to kill the 4 remaining defenders, with the help of the callouts of my team, i manage to pull it off.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wqMzYymTGc

This unlucky guy probably got very mad after this kill trough reinforced wall:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jnEntYTeMk

Can't wait to get on the game again and record some more

skynidas

Banned
Got it! Add me on PS4 if you want: PSN: JamonSerranoSky

qEisPjT.jpg

Drewfonse

So, will I just need to put about 30 hours into this until I start to know the maps well?

Honestly, I noticed that I started getting better after 10-15 hrs of playing it. This is definitely a game that favors experienced players and a tactical approach.

That was our exact experience before the patch. We actually managed to play a few games last night with a full squad. We had two drop mid game and I dropped with a weird error that my sign on had switched.

They really need to work on it, but I'm over the moon with how much smoother it plays, especially aiming.

Klyka

Banned
And today on PC it happens again where guy on killcam shoots millions of shots at me but I don't see any of them and am just immediately dead.

SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGH

KodaRuss

Got it! Add me on PS4 if you want: PSN: JamonSerranoSky

Is that an EU collectors edition or something? Pretty cool.

Still need to buy the game after I return this rental. Pretty exciting game I might be up for some games later tonight if some Gafers are ok with a scrub with only 5 operators unlocked.

So I noticed my glitchy aiming is back on the XBOX. Figured out that if I go to settings and make an adjustment, even one level of zoomed sensitivity, it is completely smooth again. Must be a bug to do with that setting. I remember tweaking it yesterday and attributed the fix to the patch, but I guess not

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything

Still need to buy the game after I return this rental. Pretty exciting game I might be up for some games later tonight if some Gafers are ok with a scrub with only 5 operators unlocked.
I'm Evolved1 on PSN. I don't take things too seriously (try to play smart, win, and get better... but it's just a videogame) so if that sounds alright I'm currently building up my FL with Siege-gaffers. US East. Region doesn't matter to me, but I mention it just in case.

Klyka

Banned
I really want to play this with a team of GAFfers one of these days. I am always the only one who talks on my teams :(

I really want to play this with a team of GAFfers one of these days. I am always the only one who talks on my teams :(

I'll be on PC in an hour or so. Gonna get off work, grab some beer and finally dig in. I meant to jump on last night but was too tired after work. Tonight though, I'm gonna be a Rainbow.

Everything was really smooth this evening and i had a great team. Bought the somewhat useless seasonpass just to support the game.

PS4, Europe, by the way.

GravyButt

I got to vent. Played a few games this afternoon and it was great. Then right around the time where schools let out (coincidence maybe?) all of a sudden it turned into a team kill fest. spawn and some D bag would shoot us all. Try new server same thing. Happened 3 times and I rage quit. Was my first BAD experience though so far so I guess I shouldn't complain to much. Especially since the games before it were amazing.

This fixed my problem right away. No kidding:

http://rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-gb/support/index.aspx

You will need to forward these ports for the best possible connection:

Uplay PC:
TCP: 80, 443, 14000, 14008, 14020, 14021, 14022, 14023 and 14024.

Game Ports:
UDP: 3074 and 6015

Yes, Star Wars had the same damn problem with me and it's apparently because of the router so better open up them ports. As soon as I did this to SW, it fixed the problems matchmaking problems immediately.

Keihart

Three times last night I played against teams who would go 5 shields on the plane map.

Man,that is fucking harsh to stop as the defenders

Smoke is awesome against shields, plus you can also carry a nitro. Shield guys can also run pretty fast out of ammo.

Keihart

BTW , i don't know about most of you guys, but i am usually getting sub 100 ms ping of latency, wich for my standars is pretty great. The only times i've played with less ping in a dedicated server was in CS and TF2 days on PC, because those server were regional and "private"

There is some wonkiness sometimes with the netdcode and some lag spikes sometimes, but it really is the exception.

In contrast i haven't played BF4 since release because of the constant rubberband effect.

skynidas

Banned

it's an amazon exclusive edition here in spain, the steelbook is the cool thing

Top Bottom