• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Erban1

Been playing for the last couple days and this is really scratching the itch SOCOM left behind. Really enjoying how dynamic each round can be. The community is pretty great on PS4 as well, lots of people with mics actually trying to coordinate strategies.

Well I got into matches, and aiming seems....better. It might be my imagination, but the aiming just didn't seem as jerky.

Game is fun as hell

Ok, then it's not just me. It feels a lot better and I'm pumped because it was the only thing keeping me from loving the gameplay.

wowzors

Just finished installing the update on PC. 6gb VRAM for High Res Textures? seriously? The game isnt a look to begin with and unless the textures are a drastic improvement i dont see 6gb VRAM as being any sort of reasonable.

packy34

Just finished installing the update on PC. 6gb VRAM for High Res Textures? seriously? The game isnt a look to begin with and unless the textures are a drastic improvement i dont see 6gb VRAM as being any sort of reasonable.

I didn't notice a massive difference everywhere but some of the gun models in particular are a lot sharper. It looks better all around but yeah I'm not sure why it needs 6gb vram for what it calls "ultra".

wowzors

I didn't notice a massive difference everywhere but some of the gun models in particular are a lot sharper. It looks better all around but yeah I'm not sure why it needs 6gb vram for what it calls "ultra".

Nice to hear about the gun models but Ultra not even being selectable on a 970 means im not going to be seeing that any time soon.

IMACOMPUTA

Were there supposed to be any netcode adjustments in this patch for the ps4 version? Because tonight was one of my worst experiences with killcam discrepancy and putting a whole lot of bullets in guys but not getting a kill.

Did you download the ultra res DLC pack? That may be why it's not selectable. It's 7.2gb.

Definitely something wrong there, I have a 970 and had the option to select them. However it's an effort in vain as the gpu ram usage then ticks up to 3600~ from the previous 2400~ with everything else maxed but no MSAA. This would be fine but that last 500mb of course has useless speeds so it would tank the framerate. It's a bit of a shame to be honest since they're barely over 100mb from crunching ultra textures into one of the best value cards. You could always try turning something else down to achieve it but chances are you'll be losing more than you will gain.

Were there supposed to be any netcode adjustments in this patch for the ps4 version? Because tonight was one of my worst experiences with killcam discrepancy and putting a whole lot of bullets in guys but not getting a kill.

X1 but I played 3 rounds TH and 2 MP and it was by far the most stable experience. Had one instance where I rubber-banded, but played as Blitz twice and had no BS deaths..

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Just to remind ps4 users, you can join the community to group up with people and play!

The easiest way to join the community is to send me a friend invite and ask but you can also try this process detailed below to find the community yourself. It does not require direct invites so hopefully you can find it.

http://imgur.com/a/0Bxdq
PS4 Peeps! Join us!

Had a ton of fun play with GAF the other night!

Keihart

PS4 Peeps! Join us!

Had a ton of fun play with GAF the other night!

Wasn't aware of the PS4 comunity...i'll join as soon as i can, i though it was just the google excel thingy.

Looking forward to play more games with GAF!

Edit: lol at the coments. Rainbow Six GAF:
Rainbow Six Gay as Fuck

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Weird... I'm hyper-sensitive to analog settings, and don't really feel any difference. There's still a small deadzone and moderate acceleration that's been there since day 1.

This game has been a huge surprise for me. So much fun to be had. Even matches where i do horribly and our team gets decimated, it's fun. Pretty much one of my all time fav online games.

Also...I haven't seen so much tea bagging in a game since Halo 3 lol.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
This game has been a huge surprise for me. So much fun to be had. Even matches where i do horribly and our team gets decimated, it's fun. Pretty much one of my all time fav online games.

Also...I haven't seen so much tea bagging in a game since Halo 3 lol.
One thing about this game that keeps it tense... no matter the odds, you always have a chance. 5v1? Think fast, a little luck, and you might just get it done.

Actually had a 5v1 situation the other night and the fucker did win. He would either hide for a short time and pick us off one at a time with a shotgun or drop down from above (in the plane) and shoot us in the back.

Was damn nuts hahaha. I was the first to die...so i was no help :p

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
Man, tonight has been horrible for me and my friends. Constantly getting DC'd and uplay makes it fucking impossible to keep our party together. Incredibly frustrating on PC when you have already established & working systems like Steam. I fucking love the game when it works but this is pushing me away from it.

Sectus

There's only one thing worse than getting teammates who end up killing the hostage with a cluster charge, and that's the enemy team using a cluster charge right next to the hostage and every single grenade somehow missing the hostage.

Hadoukie

Played my first MP matches today with some other gaffers. Lost all 3 matches :(

Only played TH until now, so I gotta readjust to this mode, since it's a whole different beast. Still good fun though

jrolson

Terrorist hunt matchmaking is broken now... Cant find any other players or it takes an hour to get 5 players.

Seems like they region locked it...

Sojgat

Terrorist hunt matchmaking is broken now... Cant find any other players or it takes an hour to get 5 players.

Seems like they region locked it...

Haven't played since the patch, but if this is true it's going to kill the game for me.

Australia here.

Klyka

Banned
Three times last night I played against teams who would go 5 shields on the plane map.

Man,that is fucking harsh to stop as the defenders

Three times last night I played against teams who would go 5 shields on the plane map.

Man,that is fucking harsh to stop as the defenders

Yeah a full shields team is actually very viable, and has next to no learning curve. 5 people who are bad, could stomp most teams that way, especially on narrow maps like plane.

It's better to balance your teams out though overall. Take 3 shields and thermite and thatcher and you're pretty unstoppable.

Effectively the same thing.

Not really, because you can still play with anyone if you invite them. You can match and it will place you onto servers closest to the lobby host. So you can still have lobbies with American's playing with Europeans, etc.

If you're alone, then you match on your nearest local dedicated server first. Which makes complete sense .

That's still horrible if true. I wanna play with 'Muricans.

Why would you want to? I mean it's still possible, but it will prioritize your region first. Latency is a big deal, so it's much more competitively valid to play in your own region.

The game doesn't seem to force it upon you entirely, it will just search for your region first. Same thing that most multiplayer games do... if anything, Ubi's matchmaking was backwards before the update, but it's better now.

Still, since day one, if I match alone, I will always find people in Europe. So I'm not even sure that this is a change? It has always worked that way for me, already.

Top Bottom