• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Sectus

My teammates have the fucking slowest reaction time whenever I spectate

I'm not completely sure how the netcode is set up, but it's possible you're seeing enemies earlier than your friends when spectating them if you've got a lower ping to the server than your friends.

I played some ranked matches with a few friends yesterday when one of our guys disconnected at 1-2 and another guy dropping out at 2-2. This resulted in one of the most awesome games I've had in this game since me and two others clawed our way to a 5-3 victory in a 3 vs 5.

I uploaded the video of it here, it's quite long but I think it shows pretty well how we play ranked and how you could play in a situation where you are outnumbered.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6eQXuHQgLI

This deserves its own thread omg!
The official forum is a rancid pit of entitled, whining brats and that guy is quite rightly fed up with them. They rage constantly about anything that stops them winning and, as another poster wrote "scream at their mom for not cutting the crusts of their sandwich "
I cannot read anything on there anymore.

haveheart

Banned
We were setting up outside, spotting enemies with drones.
Defense guy rushes out and kills our team. The two seconds warning showed up when the first bullet hit my face.
Those guys should be instantly sniped...

It helps if free weekends are announced before the Friday. I could play for a bit on Sunday but it feels selfish to take a key just for a few hours when someone else would enjoy it for 3 days.

In fact screw the whole concept of keys. Just make it free for 3 days for everyone you morons.

deoee

It helps if free weekends are announced before the Friday. I could play for a bit on Sunday but it feels selfish to take a key just for a few hours when someone else would enjoy it for 3 days.

In fact screw the whole concept of keys. Just make it free for 3 days for everyone you morons.

Just take one. There is enough keys here we can share. I can get 16 more from friends if someone is looking for more.

N87K-8GA6-XEDL-4F6W
VCGY-EATC-3DCB-EA6X
MJBJ-F9F9-R6YE-AXD3
LBWU-86BG-7BXA-YM3C

Weekend codes if anyone wants - uplay obviously

Pls take them so I get the 24 hour booster

here are my R6: Siege free weekend codes...like it's been mentioned they are Uplay codes

they are in email tags so press Quote to see them

Code 1
Code 2
Code 3
Code 4

Crumbtiny

Going to pick this up from Redbox to try it out for the weekend. Between the two consoles it sounds like the PS4 version's online is running smoother and having fewer issues?

Going to pick this up from Redbox to try it out for the weekend. Between the two consoles it sounds like the PS4 version's online is running smoother and having fewer issues?

Yup! I have it on PS4 as well as on PC and I haven't run into any significant connection issues on PS4.

Klyka

Banned
Played some rounds before work with "kola13" from GAF here.

Shout Outs to you man,were some sweet sweet rounds!

I recorded them all and will upload them tonight :)

kendrid

Banned
Here are my codes, quote to see:

Code 1
Code 2
Code 3
Code 4

Enjoy!

All of these are taken already.

If they want more players they should just make it free for everyone for the weekend. I am unsure if I will like this game so I'm not going to buy it unless a) I can try it or b) it is heavily discounted.

Klyka

Banned
All of these are taken already.

If they want more players they should just make it free for everyone for the weekend. I am unsure if I will like this game so I'm not going to buy it unless a) I can try it or b) it is heavily discounted.

have a key on me

PM

Getting more frustrated the more I play with randoms. Everyone is so bad at this game, it's easy to see why I had a 9.0 win ratio in a party.

If I'm on defense. Everyone just blocks off the room we start in, and we sit there. No strategy, no coordination, just predictably defending the two or three entry points. The enemy usually hits one half of the room, then for whatever reason my allies in that half of the room die. Then when more enemies attack on my half, it becomes hard to deal with as enemies are breaching all around,with too few teammates alive to protect the choke points.

On attack, they just bum rush the objective. In many instances I can just look at a guy just a few seconds after he spawns, and say 'that guy will be dead in 5 seconds'. They breach directly into the objective area, no distraction, no tact, just mindless stupidity. They all die and I'm left alone to kill between 3 and 5 people. Sometimes I can do it, but that's not very common.

Also annoyed that Ubi changed the 'outdoor detection timer' from 3 to 5 seconds. By the time you've completed the vault animation and hit the floor, you're detected now. That makes outdoor flanks invariable a poor choice, and that's a shame, because I felt like teams that didn't protect their flank should be punished for it. There's a reason a swat team is always covered by a guy, looking at their rear, but apparently that's redundant here, because the terrorists only get to play indoors. Bah.

Gaz_RB

Getting more frustrated the more I play with randoms. Everyone is so bad at this game, it's easy to see why I had a 9.0 win ratio in a party.

If I'm on defense. Everyone just blocks off the room we start in, and we sit there. No strategy, no coordination, just predictably defending the two or three entry points. The enemy usually hits one half of the room, then for whatever reason my allies in that half of the room die. Then when more enemies attack on my half, it becomes hard to deal with as enemies are breaching all around,with too few teammates alive to protect the choke points.

On attack, they just bum rush the objective. In many instances I can just look at a guy just a few seconds after he spawns, and say 'that guy will be dead in 5 seconds'. They breach directly into the objective area, no distraction, no tact, just mindless stupidity. They all die and I'm left alone to kill between 3 and 5 people. Sometimes I can do it, but that's not very common.

Yeah I gave up on randoms. We're still early enough after release (and in the holiday season) that the vast majority of players will be inexperienced at the game. If you're not playing with a team you sort of have to come to terms with the fact that you're not going to do very well, especially because the matchmaking system is still sort of all over the place.

I only play Ranked if I have a team of at least a few, and I expect bad randoms in Casual so I guess bad randoms don't really bother me. I just turn my competitiveness off and focus on practicing my clutching skills if I'm playing solo.

Yeah I gave up on randoms. We're still early enough after release (and in the holiday season) that the vast majority of players will be inexperienced at the game. If you're not playing with a team you sort of have to come to terms with the fact that you're not going to do very well, especially because the matchmaking system is still sort of all over the place.

I only play Ranked if I have a team of at least a few, and I expect bad randoms in Casual so I guess bad randoms don't really bother me. I just turn my competitiveness off and focus on practicing my clutching skills if I'm playing solo.

I've had really good luck playing ranked. I'm at 2.8 win pct, with 1.4 k/d playing solo. Most people have mics and are willing to cooperate. Not as good as playing with my group of friends but it's still pretty good. Casual has been a mess though.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything

Clutching skills, like an under-fire, 180° revolver shot to the head while clutching to the hostage as the whole team watches match point...

Lol I hope you recorded that. It was hilariously awesome.

kvk1

Also annoyed that Ubi changed the 'outdoor detection timer' from 3 to 5 seconds. By the time you've completed the vault animation and hit the floor, you're detected now. That makes outdoor flanks invariable a poor choice, and that's a shame, because I felt like teams that didn't protect their flank should be punished for it. There's a reason a swat team is always covered by a guy, looking at their rear, but apparently that's redundant here, because the terrorists only get to play indoors. Bah.

I've had really good luck playing ranked. I'm at 2.8 win pct, with 1.4 k/d playing solo. Most people have mics and are willing to cooperate. Not as good as playing with my group of friends but it's still pretty good. Casual has been a mess though.

Problem with Casual seems to be the severe disparity in ranks between players. I think matchmaking kind of wings it to lessen queue times.

From my personal experience matches intermittently end up being something like a level 6, 7, 14, 16, 35 team going against a 25, 35, 20, 32, 31 or something.

Obviously this doesn't happen with Ranked, where they specified they try to get the ranks within 1 level of each other.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Level doesn't matter. I was at 40 or some shit, and 90% of that was Terrorist Hunt. Now I'm near 50 and still don't know static camera locations.

People will learn the game though. And you have to consider, this type of gameplay is new for probably quite a lot of players. For example, a console-only gamer of the CoD era has probably never played an OG Rainbow, or anything like it. Vegas wasn't a proper Rainbow. You'd have to go all the way back to Raven Shield...

kvk1

Level definitely matters. Higher doesn't equal better player, but there is a better chance that it means you have moderate map knowledge, operator knowledge, etc.

No arguments with your last paragraph though.

had just an absolute horrible run last night. probably had only 5 kills to 25 deaths or so with only a win or two. still astonished at how some defenders dont realize they have to make themselves small if they're camping the objective.

Menthuss

Anyone up for some games (preferably people from EU because latency)?

Also, what's the link to the discord thing? I lost it (might be a good idea to post it in the OP).

Top Bottom