• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

demolitio

So tired of playing with randoms that rage after the very first round. I need to add more people on uplay since I still don't know most of the maps that weren't in the beta but cooperate and listen to my team unlike most. Everyone just wonders off in their own direction.

Does it seem like connection is actually worse since the patch? On PS4 and I was playing with 3 friends last night and no lie, every other match one of us would get booted with the connection error popping up. One of the matches two of us got booted. We didn't have this much trouble before the patch. Could be just coincidence and its actually been improved and we were just having some bad luck.

The wait times for ranked are still very long. They are so long we just stick to casual which sucks because ranked is more our play style. We always give it a go in a queue and after a few minutes we just go back to casual. Hopefully they find a way to speed ranked queue up just a tad.

Still loving the game. Very addicting and fun. Getting a kill in this game is much more satisfying than any other shooter I can name.

manhack

It helps if free weekends are announced before the Friday. I could play for a bit on Sunday but it feels selfish to take a key just for a few hours when someone else would enjoy it for 3 days.

In fact screw the whole concept of keys. Just make it free for 3 days for everyone you morons.

While I feel your frustration I fear there are already enough server issues that just making the game free for everyone would make the game unplayable the entire weekend. At least with the 4 key giveaway they can anticipate exactly how many players will have codes and plan accordingly.

That said, I'm a bit scared if the matchmaking and servers are shit this weekend it will scare potential buyers away even with a limit on free players.

Klyka

Banned
You guys keep tlaking about the matchmaking and the servers and I have never once experienced anything online related in this game fucking up.

Is this a console thing?

You guys keep tlaking about the matchmaking and the servers and I have never once experienced anything online related in this game fucking up.

Is this a console thing?
Not sure. I have it on ps4 and played for 6+ hours last night with no matchmaking or connection issues. Constantly low ping of sub 50 too, was great. Really liking thermite and castle as my go to operators. Castle especially just can lock shit down and for the other team into where you want them to be. And of course thermite can take all of castles stuff down and then some. Can't wait to play with some coordinated gafers just been randoms so far.

Is this a console thing?

Maybe. Its an error code that you get once you get disconnected. Again, could be bad luck but it seems worse since the patch.

Picked this up during a B2G1 sale and I'm loving it so far. Reminds me of CS mixed with a modern take on Rainbow Six.

Dat intensity when you're the only one left on your team...

manhack

Is this a console thing?

On PC. I've been fine when solo, but the game has struggled a lot with groups. The patch is bit better, but we still see people drop out of the game from time to time every night.

MajorTom

anyone want a weekend access code?

I'm in the UK so I don't know if they only work in the UK

Probably best to PM me

They're now gone, gave them to a few friends

Barzul

Can I get a referral? I've been itching to try it. Will buy if I like it, I just beat Fallout 4 so need something to get into. I have a mic too.

manhack

Cmon Ubi. Lets do something on consoles.

Free weekend for PC AND 25% discount on the PC version...

Ubi pls.

Guys you know they can't do the same kind of stuff on consoles this soon after launch. It is just the nature of the business.

1. Brick and mortar stores still have the console market by the balls. UBI can't undercut physical copies 2 weeks after launch or Gamestop would have a fit. Retailers will start reducing prices as soon as sales of the game start to slow down enough.

2. Console sales are typically much higher than PC. There is no incentive to make a push like this until later in the sales cycle.

3. Console games don't drop in price as fast as PC games and PC games are usually cheaper out of the gate. This game was already $40 on Green Man Gaming and $32 on Cdkeys the DAY it came out on PC.

4. Ubi has Uplay and can control the market on PC distribution. In fact, they have an incentive to undercut steam as much as possible. There is a reason you could get the game cheaper from other sources than steam.

MajorTom

anyone having problems with the PC version since the patch?
I've just crashed to desktop twice.
Never happened before with this game.
I'll try it again but i think its bust :/

Peace Tea

Been getting more games lately where me and anther person secure Bomb B's area, but the rest of the team is hellbent on defusing Bomb A... ugh.

MajorTom

Oh great.
This time it made my PC shut down.
So either I've managed to break something,
The game has killed one of my components or
The game is fucked.
Brilliant 😐

If anyone has a key, i'd really love to try this game out,every podcast i listen to is like "rainbow 6 is great if you can get friends buying it", sadly thats kind of hard to do round christmas!

Guesong

Goddammit I am so done with Ubisoft Support. An entire week and my freakin season pass issue is still without answer.

Anyone working at Ubi lurking this thread? Can I please get the full content of what I paid for in a timely and professional manner?

/vent

Seriously now, does anyone know if theres a backchannel I could go through on twitter or reddit or whatever? -.-

Goddammit I am so done with Ubisoft Support. An entire week and my freakin season pass issue is still without answer.

Anyone working at Ubi lurking this thread? Can I please get the full content of what I paid for in a timely and professional manner?

/vent

Seriously now, does anyone know if theres a backchannel I could go through on twitter or reddit or whatever? -.-

What are you missing? Only one skin unlocks now, and the other 5 in january.

Guesong

What are you missing? Only one skin unlocks now, and the other 5 in january.

The Porter Weapon skin & the 600 Rainbow Credits.

The only answer from a rep I got was a run-around of "heres a link to our faq" and I told her yes I read the faq and I understand for the Safari Pack but this one skin is missing and I never got the credits either.

Then shes like oh but its for one weapon on one op (552 Commando on IQ ; had to google it myself because she didnt actually specify anything). And so I am like yes, I know, I own IQ and the Skin Option is not on the weapon, while its there for my other season pass buying friends.

Then shes like oh provide a screenshot in-game showing you have no Rainbow Credits. I am like uh...sure, okay. I did it, but what point would that even prove?

Then three days later she gives me a copy pasta of please submit a real life photo of you with the game and receipt (not used or rental) with a photo of the season pass code.
FOR THE PC VERSION MIND YOU ; you know, the one with DRM and no real way to actually buy the game used. But I oblige anyways, though I do not have the receipt because it was a gift.

Then radio silence for 3 days. HOW CAN IT TAKES A WHOLE WEEK TO FIX THIS SIMPLE ISSUE.

I know its just 600 Credits and a skin for a weapon on a terrible operator, but its the principle of the thing. They nickel and dime us every opportunity they get, so I will make sure I get everything out of what I paid for.
If they dont want to give me the credits because I dont have a receipt for the game, well that would be a terrible reason but fine. But give me the skin that goes with the Season Pass, that I got, that I used, that I redeemed. Why is this hard? How is this hard?
TL:DR : uPlay customer support is terrible and pathetic.

*sigh* sorry for the venting guys.

Good god the netcode in this game is a fucking embarrassment. Couldn't get a single multiplayer game in 30 minutes of trying earlier with 3 friends on PS4, game just kept kicking us back to the main menu again and again.

Terrorist hunt worked fine, though.

Fuck Ubisoft.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
The Porter Weapon skin & the 600 Rainbow Credits.

The only answer from a rep I got was a run-around of "heres a link to our faq" and I told her yes I read the faq and I understand for the Safari Pack but this one skin is missing and I never got the credits either.

Then shes like oh but its for one weapon on one op (552 Commando on IQ ; had to google it myself because she didnt actually specify anything). And so I am like yes, I know, I own IQ and the Skin Option is not on the weapon, while its there for my other season pass buying friends.

Then shes like oh provide a screenshot in-game showing you have no Rainbow Credits. I am like uh...sure, okay. I did it, but what point would that even prove?

Then three days later she gives me a copy pasta of please submit a real life photo of you with the game and receipt (not used or rental) with a photo of the season pass code.
FOR THE PC VERSION MIND YOU ; you know, the one with DRM and no real way to actually buy the game used. But I oblige anyways, though I do not have the receipt because it was a gift.

Then radio silence for 3 days. HOW CAN IT TAKES A WHOLE WEEK TO FIX THIS SIMPLE ISSUE.

I know its just 600 Credits and a skin for a weapon on a terrible operator, but its the principle of the thing. They nickel and dime us every opportunity they get, so I will make sure I get everything out of what I paid for.
If they dont want to give me the credits because I dont have a receipt for the game, well that would be a terrible reason but fine. But give me the skin that goes with the Season Pass, that I got, that I used, that I redeemed. Why is this hard? How is this hard?
TL:DR : uPlay customer support is terrible and pathetic.

*sigh* sorry for the venting guys.
I bought the season pass and didn't get that skin or the credits. I didn't even know about the skin, honestly. As far as the credits, I assumed I'd mistakenly spent those during the beta. lol.

manhack

Good god the netcode in this game is a fucking embarrassment. Couldn't get a single multiplayer game in 30 minutes of trying earlier with 3 friends on PS4, game just kept kicking us back to the main menu again and again.

Terrorist hunt worked fine, though.

Fuck Ubisoft.

technically that is the matchmaking, but yeah it is bad right now. some folks have no issues though.

TheBear

Are there any aussies playing from GAF?

Trying to get a regular party going on PSN but there's very few people playing regularly

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Also, IQ is not terrible... the 552 is great and she has purple shoes.

Top Bottom