• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Keihart

I've seen this. Recruits taking offense from ripping down barricades is a thing.

Some people still don't realize that closing every door and reinforcing every wall in a small room is just like being fish in a barrel, more so if you don't have a hostage.

I was in a match and a guy kept reinforcing a wall that separated the two bomb locations, and they kept leaving that bomb alone. So in the third defending round i just put a nitro there and opened a hole in the wall while killing the stuborn fucker...funny enough that hole helped us win the match point when the enemy team breached the opposite bomb point.

It really irks me how some guys don't get the clue, most past lvl 20 already know this tho, and i've seen a lot more people in casual recently defending properly.

Some people still don't realize that closing every door and reinforcing every wall in a small room is just like being fish in a barrel, more so if you don't have a hostage.

I was in a match and a guy kept reinforcing a wall that separated the two bomb locations, and they kept leaving that bomb alone. So in the third defending round i just put a nitro there and opened a hole in the wall while killing the stuborn fucker...funny enough that hole helped us win the match point when the enemy team breached the opposite bomb point.

It really irks me how some guys don't get the clue, most past lvl 20 already know this tho, and i've seen a lot more people in casual recently defending properly.

Honestly, if I'm with randoms or people who aren't communicating, I wait to see where they put their shit so I can actually plan and try to strategize, rather than assuming they know how to create lanes.

213372bu

Banned
Already got disconnected twice today for a hotfix and a random Ubi server crash and it feels like it's still launch date...

They really don't want to pay for decent servers do they?

demolitio

Anyone on PC that wants to play tomorrow, please NSAdemolitio on Uplay. Had some fun with a friend tonight but it gets old playing with randoms that rage after one round or rush out there on defense and then complain.

For listening to me complain about pubs, here's a code for someone to hopefully improve the community. It's hidden in an email so quote.

This game is worth the purchase.

CODE

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
Xbox One version is a bit of a mess. Sometime I'll hit the Multiplayer tab and it'll just bring me to the main menu again. Like, wtf.

And the game just disconnected me in the middle of a really good session I was having. Dammit.

Also, I've been team killed in three matches today.

When the disconnection happens me in a middle of a ranked match and then in the menu let you to enter again in the match but losing all the xp irritates me alot.

Also new visual bugs after the update:

?

??

Okay that's it. I'm done wit this game, going to sell it. They killed matchmaking. What a frustrating piece of crap after this patch. Thank you Ubisoft for ruining (again) a great game. I've learned my lesson.

edit: Hit detection is also broken (still). Hilarious.

Klyka

Banned
I tried the PC version.... I don't like what it does to my i5 :(

What do you mean? I have an I5 2500k and the game runs like a charm.

Okay that's it. I'm done wit this game, going to sell it. They killed matchmaking. What a frustrating piece of crap after this patch. Thank you Ubisoft for ruining (again) a great game. I've learned my lesson.

edit: Hit detection is also broken (still). Hilarious.

Sad to hear you guys have such problems on the PS4 version :(

I really do wonder if it's the hacker attacks, seeing how the game uses Xbox Live and PSN for matchmaking.

just wanted to add how incredible I think this game is. Hope to see more PS4bros on here soon

Play plenty on PS4, shifty100.

Also I am puzzled to the extent people are having issues with the game, on PS4 and apart from the odd matchmaking issue I am not having a great many issues.

Are they platform specific?

Play plenty on PS4, shifty100.

Also I am puzzled to the extent people are having issues with the game, on PS4 and apart from the odd matchmaking issue I am not having a great many issues.

Are they platform specific?

Same here aside from the error code 0000x00000312 I've been having no problems finding a match.

MajorTom

even on medium settings or lower it uses 100% of all 4 cores

E#DIT: Just updated the graphics drivers to see if that helps ;/
Going to try it later today
I wonder if this only started since the latest patch.
That could make my cpu overheat and reboot my PC right?
Literally can't play longer than 2 minutes since the patch.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
I wonder if this only started since the latest patch.
That could make my cpu overheat and reboot my PC right?
Literally can't play longer than 2 minutes since the patch.

I haven't updated my GPU drivers before the free weekend

but probably could make your computer reboot.
----

Anyone got another code? My friend wants to try the game out

Finally bought all operators. Game is still tons of fun. I will say this though that the matchmaking got slower after the first update which is a shame, hopefully they'll improve/fix it. Xbox One player here.

manhack

So,why would the matchmaking on PC be flawless while it's apparently broken on the consoles?

Developer post on reddit: https://us.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comments/3xe42p/general_connectivity_issues_and_error_20x00000041/

I guess it is much easier to push updates to PC so they are fixing it there while consoles have to wait longer due to the certification process combined with upcoming holiday being an issue?

I would of thought this was a back end issue that could be fixed with server updates, but maybe it is deeper than that.

Really frustrating to have issues (our PC group occasionally has folks drop out or unable to join a group) and see others dealing with these issue in what, I think, is one of the best online games of the past 10 years or so.

Game seems to have a cool online community, but how do I get the game to not be so blurry? I am using TAA, MSAA 2x and 1080p, but the game still is blurry. Going from how clear CSGO is to Rainbow is jarring.

Klyka

Banned
the weirdes tthing for me is that using temporal anti aliasing gives me 60+ fps but using NO anti aliasing gives me drops to 53 o_O

Klyka

Banned
Are you using temporal filtering or TAA?

I use no FXAA or TAA I got that set to off. it does nothing to my FPS.

but for the actual anti aliasing if I use temporal, then it runs at like 80fps but if I set it to no anti aliasing at all, it often drops to close to 50.

I use no FXAA or TAA I got that set to off. it does nothing to my FPS.

but for the actual anti aliasing if I use temporal, then it runs at like 80fps but if I set it to no anti aliasing at all, it often drops to close to 50.

Apparently temporal filtering halves your resolution and adds MSAA. So you'll get better performance with that than with AA turned off

Drewfonse

Someone please tell me there's an "apply all" setting for weapon skins....

Also, with any other game, ANY OTHER GAME, the matchmaking shenanigans on the One would have made me shelve the game until it was fixed.

Game is too fun to shelve.

Top Bottom