• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Pearson

Banned
Sorry? What about those who have speech impediments or hearing difficulty?

You are the one acting a dick.

He's more than likely aiming it at the people without any kind of speech impediment or hearing difficulty. More than likely he's aiming it at the people who just mute their mics just because..

Animator

Why are you trying to turn this into "what about those with disabilities!" ? The majority of the people who play without a mic are not that and you know it. If you get kicked from a ranked game because you don't have a mic don't cry about it. The entire game depends on team communication more than anything. This is not call of duty. This is not us being a "dick" it's the way the game is.

Woo-Fu

Banned

They should have their own matchmaking queue, obviously. They do, matter of fact, it is called casual.

If you were playing pickup basketball with 9 of your friends and told them you were only going to use one hand the entire game guess who would get picked last for teams?

Playing ranked without a mic is the same thing, you're purposely putting yourself and your team at a disadvantage which is unfair to the rest of your team.

If you don't understand that then you are the dick in the equation. Not understanding why you're the dick in that scenario just proves the point.

Enjoying the game so much that after I bought the initial copy for PS4...I bought 2 extra copies, one on steam and another on PS4 for my brother.

Can't get enough of it.
The tactical shooter has been missed.

Compared to the alpha, both betas, and the first week or so after release, the casual experience has fallen off the tallest of cliffs for me. No mics, if they are on the mic Im getting the COD experience (singing, music playing, slurs of all nature, nothing regarding teamwork, insults, etc.). The casual experience was amazing in the beginning, but in the past week or so, I dont know if I've won a game in random. Hostage killing, enemy teams running outside immediately, team killing, etc. Definitely not a "pick up and play a few" type game.

IMACOMPUTA

Compared to the alpha, both betas, and the first week or so after release, the casual experience has fallen off the tallest of cliffs for me. No mics, if they are on the mic Im getting the COD experience (singing, music playing, slurs of all nature, nothing regarding teamwork, insults, etc.). The casual experience was amazing in the beginning, but in the past week or so, I dont know if I've won a game in random. Hostage killing, enemy teams running outside immediately, team killing, etc. Definitely not a "pick up and play a few" type game.
I noticed that too. I always play with at least one buddy. At the beginning it was like 1 in 3 games you would have a team full of mics. Now it seems like 1 in 10. (PS4)
I actually had a guy trying to figure out who was playing as Ash as if he was going to hit on me.
-____-

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Er-where are these codes coming from? Are they legit? o_O

There is a gaffer here who is mute and plays a ton of shooters--guess he'll never get to play ranked!

You mean me? I'm not mute. The other side.

Clydebink

Neo Member
I'm playing casual on PC and the majority of the matches are positive experiences. It's normal for one or two people to be on mic at first and for the rest of the team to start talking in subsequent matches (since we usually end up staying together for additional matches).

I haven't played ranked, but now that I know people are required to have a mic, I'll probably stick with casual. I know a few women that won't ever use mics with randoms in multiplayer games and I like thinking that I might be playing with folks of similar sensibility.

So it appears that this matchmaking is completely fucked on PS4 if you're in a party of 4. It was working perfectly with 3 earlier but as soon as a 4th friend joined us, we couldn't get a game. 4th friend then dropped out just to test it and sure enough it found us a game with 3 people almost immediately.

Fuck Ubisoft.

So it appears that this matchmaking is completely fucked on PS4 if you're in a party of 4. It was working perfectly with 3 earlier but as soon as a 4th friend joined us, we couldn't get a game. 4th friend then dropped out just to test it and sure enough it found us a game with 3 people almost immediately.

Fuck Ubisoft.

If you're trying ranked, it might mean that there isn't alot of solo players.. always happens to us. Make sure to friend that 1 lonely solo ranked guy, cause you will need him for many games

Fury451

Banned
Still can't get into THunt matchmaking on ps4...,

Just boots me right back to the main menu. Can't find any more info on the issue either

:(

Klyka

Banned
Jeeeeeesus this game is so fun when you play with decent people and against decent people. Sometimes you can cut the tension with a knife.

SJRB

Gold Member
Jeeeeeesus this game is so fun when you play with decent people and against decent people. Sometimes you can cut the tension with a knife.

How often does this happen though?

I'm thinking of getting R6, but I have literally no one I know playing so I'll be forced to team up with randoms.

I take this shit super serious and tactical, so teammates running around COD style getting gunned down or killing the hostage would piss me off.

Klyka

Banned
How often does this happen though?

I'm thinking of getting R6, but I have literally no one I know playing so I'll be forced to team up with randoms.

I take this shit super serious and tactical, so teammates running around COD style getting gunned down or killing the hostage would piss me off.

It happens often enough, but this weekend is obviously different cause it's a free weekend and every 12 year old from here to China is in the game doing their best CoD impression.

The thing I found is that if you start communicating and coordinating, people will follow up on it and also either talk,write in chat or stick to plans.

I managed to pull off a craaaaaaazy clutch shot in the end of this round here. I was breathing heavily for half a minute after this haha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chhPmqPaqzk

Guesong

/beginrant

So, a follow-up to my Missing DLC Content story from a couple pages ago.

Opened a new ticket with Ubisoft. New CS Rep was much more straightforward and helpful than the first one, but alas, they absolutely, positively, need a copy of my receipt for the Gold Edition, plus a copy of my Season Pass code, to validate that I did buy it on PC, the only platform where there is DRM, so that they can give me the only piece of content missing from my Season Pass ; 600 Rainbow Credits and the Porter Skin.

I got the game from their own employee store because one of my good friends works over there so he has a discount. That employee store does not produce receipts. It is literally impossible for me to have a receipt.

I wanted to haggle and hassle at first, to just have the Porter Skin and forget about the credits, but this isnt worth my energy during the Holidays. Ubi got its money, so it doesnt really care now. Just further reinforce my usual Ubisoft disdain that I glossed over just for this game but will promptly go back right into.

Quite funny that if the same thing happened to one of their very own employees, they would be treated like a thief.

/endrant

In other news, I killed 3 attackers with a single Kapkan trap yesterday. TY free weekend.

Zareth

I've been thinking of getting this on the PS4, and I was wondering if it seems to have a healthy population or if the game seems to be dieing out? Also does it have any conntectivity issues still or does that appear to be resolved?

KodaRuss

I have really been missing a tacticle shooter obviously. I cannot get enough of this game.

Except wheN Fuse kills the hostage. Seen that at least 3 times today. Twice for and once against. I say watch your explosives whenever I see a teammate pick Fuse on hostage.

I have really been missing a tacticle shooter obviously. I cannot get enough of this game.

Except wheN Fuse kills the hostage. Seen that at least 3 times today. Twice for and once against. I say watch your explosives whenever I see a teammate pick Fuse on hostage.

Had a guy on my team who killed the hostage twice doing this, basically gave the other team the match. Ugh so frustrating.

manhack

I'm only using a mic when I play with friends. Randoms ...nope.

Looks like this is what set people off. While I don't think people should be forced in to using a mic, it seems bad to not use one if you have the option.

There are a few reasons I don't use a mic, but typically I have mine on or am good about typing info into the chat.

manhack

A few tips:

1. If you are on PC join the discord channel: https://discord.gg/0g3xFvOWXdj3ECIl There is at least 1 full team every night and some nights there have been 2 teams.

2. (PC and Console) Add your name to the spreadsheet in the op https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JxTn3j1FAacyoftxNiXlVya7CWh64OjbyH7BDIJKW5o/edit#gid=0 Also, go through the spreadsheet and add others first.

3. (PC and Console) Keep your mic on while playing and be a good team player. People are constantly adding me to their friends list after games. Do the same if you get in a good group. I get requests to join games all night long while playing.

Fret

I would really like to buy this game but its incredibly expensive in Australia, even at 25% off right now on PC its far too much compared to something like csgo. If this game launched at $30 USD people would be all over this

Drewfonse

So I really must be in the minority, because I play solo casual without a mic, and still find it a very enjoyable and pretty tactical experience. I win as much as I lose, I haven't been purposely TKed in a while, and I generally find that the randoms that I play with do pretty well. There are some duds, but most people have a decent sense of caution about them. I must be pretty fortunate.

This is just such an amazingly fun game. I do tend to stick with Thatcher and Rook, though, trying to branch out, but I love those guys.

Animator

I would really like to buy this game but its incredibly expensive in Australia, even at 25% off right now on PC its far too much compared to something like csgo. If this game launched at $30 USD people would be all over this

Why don't you get a key from cdkeys or greenman gaming?

Has any body else been getting pretty weak results in terms of ranked matchmaking on ps4 the last couple of days? I swear its been worse than usual.

I played some games with Evolve earlier. It was fun.

I bumped into a pair of random Swedish guys during a match while evolve was making dinner, and took them into our party. We were pretty much unstoppable after that, as both of them were really good. I even managed to get a couple of 4 vs 1s, which I'm always pleased with!

It's great to meet new people in the matches that are actually fun to play with. I haven't had that happen often in the past.

If you have a disability in that regard you should really be looking or a party that can accommodate it, so that you can let them know how you will be communicating, in advance to the match. For instance if you let them know that you will be using yellow markers to indicate enemy placement once the match has started, then your teammates can still receive useful communication from you, but otherwise they will just wonder what the market is supposed to indicate, as normally people explain that verbally.

Keihart

So, to fulfill my R6S urges while not at home i'm playing Unit 13, this is so much better than socom 4 for me, i'm having lots of fun with it

Top Bottom