• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

3 Free PC codes Quote to see

PS4, ranked matches. (if I can find a match, lol)

You're playing ranking and not using a mic? At least keep it in to say simple things like "throwing grenade" so someone doesn't run out when you threw due to a lack of communication on your part. Communication is key in this game especially if you're playing ranked.

This game is getting better and better. Now we had two matches where everyone had a ping over 500. We couldn't move or leave the game (punishment for leaving the game), so we all had to kill ourselves with grenades. Great patch, congrats Ubi.

Klyka

Banned
This game is getting better and better. Now we had two matches where everyone had a ping over 500. We couldn't move or leave the game (punishment for leaving the game), so we all had to kill ourselves with grenades. Great game, congrats Ubi.

Yes, we understand that you and your friends seem to have problems.
Other people have no problems.
Again other people have small problems.

The game as a whole is fine.

MajorTom

Gonna fire it up one more time to see if it crashes again. If it does then I'll stop playing until the next patch. A bit worried about damaging something in my PC.

Yes, we understand that you and your friends seem to have problems.
Other people have no problems.
Again other people have small problems.

The game as a whole is fine.

It's not fine. Not at all. Look at reddit, gamefaqs, Ubi forum. Almost everyone has problems. Stop defending broken games or patches ;)

Edit: Don't get me wrong. The game itself is awesome. Best shooter in years.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
This game is getting better and better. Now we had two matches where everyone had a ping over 500. We couldn't move or leave the game (punishment for leaving the game), so we all had to kill ourselves with grenades. Great patch, congrats Ubi.
Really consider troubleshooting you and your friends' connections/etc. because your issues seem atypical.

Setsuna

It's not fine. Not at all. Look at reddit, gamefaqs, Ubi forum. Almost everyone has problems. Stop defending broken games or patches ;)

I dont know Ive been watching hours upon hours of Twitch streams from various streamers all over the world and none of them have had any issues besides those rare connection errors

I dont know Ive been watching hours upon hours of Twitch streams from various streamers all over the world and none of them have had any issues besides those rare connection errors

PC or console? PC versions are fine.

Edit: I don't get errors or broken matchmaking in every match, just to be clear. But it's waaaaaaaay more often than before.

Klyka

Banned

Edit: Don't get me wrong. The game itself is awesome. Best shooter in years.

No, not "almost everyone has problems".
The people with no problems don't post about having no problems :p

EndersAres

Neo Member
Got to love matchmaking putting you with people who don't care and do whatever. I hope they work on it a bit. I wish they would add ready checks or something, tired of the 4v5 games. Longer bans would be great too, csgo week long bans please. Also here are my codes for those who want to try the game.

FGYV-MDNQ-7LDR-7Y7A
97MY-N7AL-L6BA-JVPT
GU9U-GVUM-ATMW-NCKH
V96D-FGFV-36HL-9FQC

From my experience this game since the last big patch is probably one of the best MP shooters released in years, not just in design but overall quality of the game. The Voice chat bug was a huge issue on PC and that is now fixed, and now the game is stable and runs great and plays great. It's far from broken, I think it is one of the best PC ports in ages. That doesn't mean there isn't outliers who have bad luck though and that is a bummer.

I will say if you are still having disconnection or lag issues to try and check if you are having routing issues to Azure which this game is using for it's dedicated servers and possibly matchmaking as well.

Menthuss

Upping the tickrate didn't fix anything it seems. I still get killed after I've managed to get behind hard cover. The killcam just shows me sitting there in the open.

Jarrod38

While trying to defend the hostage the attackers extracted him and didn't realize it would have been that quick. I guess as soon as they get outside it's a win for them.

Valkrai

So is the season pass/gold edition necessary? It seems like 25k renown is a lot to grind for to unlock the new characters.

Depends if you think you want to wait and grind for new ops. Season Pass is just getting 7 days early access to new Operators and getting them for free.

Mentok

Banned
So is the season pass/gold edition necessary? It seems like 25k renown is a lot to grind for to unlock the new characters.

I don't believe the 25k has been confirmed yet. I'd wait until they release info on the 1st DLC pack, that'll hint at how the rest of them will be.

While trying to defend the hostage the attackers extracted him and didn't realize it would have been that quick. I guess as soon as they get outside it's a win for them.

Yeah that's why the best strategy is to have 1-2 attackers cover fire and another just grab the hostage and run outside. You have to run to a flare, but there are so many of them you'll have no problem. This mode and "secure the area" mode need some tweaking.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
5 mics, 0 intel, solo queue casual is only suitable for masochists.
Ive met some cool people with solo queue players! I have also met some real ass hats LOL!!

Had a guy tell the team how pro he was only to be headshotted in mid sentence of how great he was. The rage was extreme. LOL

Animator

There is a gaffer here who is mute and plays a ton of shooters--guess he'll never get to play ranked!

Wow great argument. Pretty sure he can play with a team of people who knows him. Don't act surprised when randoms you kick you from the game because you have no mic. The whole point of this game is communication, more so in ranked than casual.

Klyka

Banned
The free weekend has brought some horrible HORRIBLE people into the game who are constantly writing shit in chat and are terrible.

I am trying to show my friend how great the game is but right now he's only seeing "the community is shit" and my "it's a free weekend!" argument is not really doing it for him :(

Top Bottom