• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Nekrono

When your squad works together

russia-police-jumping-through-car-window-13785097154.gif

From what I've seen? No one. Getting fucking sick and tired of joining games halfway through as well.

Stop forcing me to join games where half the team has left. Let me tick a box so I'm not wasting my time for fucks sake.
facepalm.gif

Usually there are one or two in most of the lobbies I join.

Sometimes if you speak, people switch from their party chat too. Last night that's how I got talking to some people.

_____

Is anyone on right now? I could go for a few matches.

From what I've seen? No one. Getting fucking sick and tired of joining games halfway through as well.

Stop forcing me to join games where half the team has left. Let me tick a box so I'm not wasting my time for fucks sake.
facepalm.gif

Usually there are one or two in most of the lobbies I join.

Sometimes if you speak, people switch from their party chat too. Last night that's how I got talking to some people.

_____

Is anyone on right now? I could go for a few matches.

I'd say about 75% of the time I see/hear mic's on PC. What are you playing on?

I'd say about 75% of the time I see/hear mic's on PC. What are you playing on?

I was talking about PS4. I'm not sure which platform he was talking about since he has aliases for all platforms on his profile, haha, but I assumed PS4, because I think there are less people chatting on console, than PC. Especially due to the party systems on those platforms.

Many people sit in parties, even if they are just with one other player, sometimes even with friends who aren't playing the same game. I love the party system but it's counter-intuitive to in-game communication at times.

KodaRuss

On PS4 there are a lot more people playing this game with mics that probably any other that I have played. It is usually very rare if I am the only one with a mic on my team. I have only been playing casual so far.

I usually say something at the character screen and it seems like people are waiting to turn on their mics.

Unless they have music blaring in the background... ugh. Not sure how you can play this game while listening to music.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
If you have a disability in that regard you should really be looking or a party that can accommodate it, so that you can let them know how you will be communicating, in advance to the match.

Sorry that not everyone with disabilities can have a party 24/7?
--

In other news, getting through Realistic with all the bonuses is hilarious. Hilarious because if you do things Ubisoft didn't account for (kill all the terrorists before getting the hostage leaving one to spawn in unless I couldn't find them somewhere around the house before the script change) the "round" suddenly becomes muuuch easier to deal with. But at the same time dealing with the high-damage rate is also bad because it isn't exactly "tactical" when the AI has slightly better aim than you despite you trying to get angles of attack with lean.

I blame this partially on there being too many keybinds on the PC version. It's like playing finger gymnastics to lean, ADS, slowly inch around corners to check your angles, and keeping all those keys pressed in addition to trying to get a flashbang off to bounce around the corner. Blech.

Mentok

Banned
When your squad works together

russia-police-jumping-through-car-window-13785097154.gif

Hahaha amazing. This was me and my squad yesterday, all communicating to get a hostage. We were all around the room, planning to breach at the same time, but one of my teammates pulled a "Leeroy Jenkins" and dove through a window before we were all ready. But since we all had mics, another guy was yelling "Just go now!!". Worked like a charm too, which made it all that much better!

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Sorry that not everyone with disabilities can have a party 24/7?
--

In other news, getting through Realistic with all the bonuses is hilarious. Hilarious because if you do things Ubisoft didn't account for (kill all the terrorists before getting the hostage leaving one to spawn in unless I couldn't find them somewhere around the house before the script change) the "round" suddenly becomes muuuch easier to deal with. But at the same time dealing with the high-damage rate is also bad because it isn't exactly "tactical" when the AI has slightly better aim than you despite you trying to get angles of attack with lean.

I blame this partially on there being too many keybinds on the PC version. It's like playing finger gymnastics to lean, ADS, slowly inch around corners to check your angles, and keeping all those keys pressed in addition to trying to get a flashbang off to bounce around the corner. Blech.
Realistic is poorly designed compared to high difficulty in OG Rainbow. I'm fine with their crazy accuracy and OHK. I'm not okay with their aggressive movement... this oftentimes punishes slow, calculated player movement, because you get swarmed from flanks, negating corner discipline in favor of twitchy shooter tendencies. This is not how OGR was designed. They didn't play that way. This has more in common with the gross Vegas games.

Idk, there's just a huge difference between legacy Rainbow and Siege as far as realistic AI. Maybe the solution is to lower their accuracy when they're moving, and for a split second as they stop? At least for solo play? Idk. I find realistic disappointing as a series vet. And Siege gets most things right.

This game should be getting so much more love and hype. It's so fucking good and fun, for all the BS ubi has given us I forgive them for giving me a real tactical shooter <3

Klyka

Banned
CS requires a lot of communication to win... Unless you never got out of silver or something.

Are you for fucking real right now?

You know EXACTLY what I mean. The casual mode in this game is like any casual round in counter-strike right now which is: No one talks about the game, people don't coordinate and everyone does their own shit.
I don't give a fuck about any ranked silver gold whatever mode.

Woo-Fu

Banned
The more I play the worse I get. Managed to teamkill and fall off a roof in the same round today. Feel like they're going to send people to my house to take my PC away.

KodaRuss

The more I play the worse I get. Managed to teamkill and fall off a roof in the same round today. Feel like they're going to send people to my house to take my PC away.

Haha, burst out laughing at that.

Some games you are the BAMF on the team and others you are the guy that falls off the roof.

Klyka

Banned
Nobody said anything about the context of no VCs being a casual mode in R6, he was just talking about comms in general.

Casual in CS is literally fuckaround mode. Of course it isn't taken seriously. That's how it is in any game that separates casual and competitive matchmaking, honestly. Just a weird comparison to throw CS out there in this context. So yeah. If you aren't playing comp in that game that completely explains your perspective.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTPvY6S2pYc

Evolved1

So I joined a friend with his buddies last night. First thing I did? Murder the hostage.

L.O.L

Fortunately redeemed myself rest of the night, mostly.

I'd like to play with some other members, I'm still new so I'm playing T.Hunt to learn the maps and I have a mic so none of that lone wolf nonsense.

PSN: SpiritSlayer0

Erban1

This game should be getting so much more love and hype. It's so fucking good and fun, for all the BS ubi has given us I forgive them for giving me a real tactical shooter <3

The ps4 community reminds me of Socom 2 in a lot of ways, and it's nice to play something tailored towards tactical play on a console again.

If the community survives this just might be my go to shooter for the foreseeable future.

Edit: Spirit I just shot you a friend request

keezy

Are the servers down for anybody?

I just picked up this game today. Playing through the tutorials but I keep getting an error about not being able to connect to Ubisofts servers.

Evolved1

They really need to get their shit together. Second time today the servers went down.

Top Bottom