• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Alienfan

So playing Rainbow Six Vagus because it came free with Siege...... can someone please convince me to play past the tutorial. It's super linear (do things open up?) and it reminds me of the Blackwater Kinect game. Even early splinter cell games looked and played better. I remember playing the demo for vagus 2 like 5yrs ago and enjoying it quite a bit, so am I better off just moving onto that game? I'll play some more tonight I suppose.

manhack

I tried the free weekend on PC, it was fun and the game mechanics were solid but I can see the online community for this game dying out soon, already had trouble finding matches towards the end of the trial period. I don't think it's worth a buy taking into consideration it only has MP.

There are plenty of people playing. The matchmaking is having issues and has nothing to do with the number of people online.

As for being "worth" it for MP only, that is debatable. Totalbiscuit did a great video on the concept here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4tNoVHr5iI

One of the best examples is from almost 16 years ago was a full priced game that featured only multiplayer: Quake III Arena.

Finally anyone who paid $60 for this game is a chump. I got it for 39.99 and plenty of people got it for less. The game was on sale for %25 off on Uplay this weekend and the game is on sale for $43 here: https://uk.gamesplanet.com/game/tom-clancy-s-rainbow-six-siege-uplay-key--2778-1

The only danger this game has of dying out is if Ubisoft let's the matchmaking issues persist into the release of the expansion content next month. Even then I think there will be a die hard crew that will stick to this game for as long as there are servers to play on.

manhack

I wanted to add another theory I have about the full price of this game.

Console prices are pretty static and it is unusual for them to be released at less than full price due to the retail chains having a strong influence on how games are sold. Console sales are usually much stronger and we will see the price drop in a month or two, which is normal.

Meanwhile there haven't been any sales of steam keys because Ubisoft wants to sell more games directly. They are making Uplay keys available through cdkey webites like greenmangaming at reduced prices, from day 1, and steam remains at full price for the near future.

Unfortunately, as much as I love this game, Uplay sucks ass and I wish there was a better way to manage the games.

SJRB

Gold Member
How's the Art of Siege edition? I can see the benefits of having a layout of the maps, and I can pick it up relatively cheap, but still..

Nothing is more enjoyable than dedicated four rounds to realistic Terorist hunt and the host said he has to leave on the fifth round.

Fuck you, Ubisoft.

This game went from a miss to GOTY in the span of a week. Glad I Gamefly'd it.

Lol, you haven't experienced it enough, come back in two weeks and you'll be venting so much frustration.

KodaRuss

Thanks, I know who I'm picking as my next operator then. :)

Blitz is my go to for attacker unless no one else picks Fuze.

He comes with five charges of the flash and only one pistol option but I love playing as him. You can really cause the defenders some chaos when you have teammates behind you as well.

manhack

Xbox One $60 payer/chump reporting for duty.

I meant on PC. I added on my 2nd post; there were no sales on Console. PC has had discounted prices since release.

Also, I am arguing that the game is actually worth 60 dollars. I actually bought the season pass, so have spent more than 60 on the game.

This game is so buggy lmao.

First round of match:

I had 3 kills, one death (I didn't kill anyone).
Second round I killed two people and made one assist.
After the second round I had 2 kills, 0 assists and 0 deaths.

What the hell.

Camper182

This game is so buggy lmao.

First round of match:

I had 3 kills, one death (I didn't kill anyone).
Second round I killed two people and made one assist.
After the second round I had 2 kills, 0 assists and 0 deaths.

What the hell.

there is a bug that it displays your kills under someone else's name sometimes

but at the end when you got your XP and renown it's fixed, don't worry

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
Can't get over this game. Came as a huge surprise to me, I didn't have any faith in it. Now it's my favorite online shooter in a long time.

Rad-

So are the server issues any better? Haven't played this the past week as I grew tired of getting disconnected every 30 minutes. PS4.

Klyka

Banned
Can't get over this game. Came as a huge surprise to me, I didn't have any faith in it. Now it's my favorite online shooter in a long time.

I am right there with you. I remember liking the first videos they showed of the game but thinking "nah no way they can pull off making it tactical or special" and then playing the beta and just loving it!

No other game right now where you have all these different mechanics allowing you to pull of the things you can in Siege

Especially the breaching:

https://youtu.be/zgGJD7jn_IQ

I LOVE IT

soultron

Banned
How does R6:Siege run on PS4? Might buy a PS4 copy to play with some more RL friends..
I've been playing it on both PC and PS4, and aside from the menus being comparatively sluggish on PS4, it runs quite well there.

The only other issue on PS4 is that sometimes it takes shuffling through a few of my friends and myself as squad leader to successfully find games where we all join as a group.

When it works, it's fantastic. I'd still recommend PC over PS4 if you have a rig and it's one with decent specs.

keezy

Picked this game up yesterday. Loving it.

Had a squad of 5 rolling in some matches yesterday. Most fun I've had playing an online shooter in a long time. Definitely appreciate the teamwork element in this game. I think I've outgrown the run and gun style of most FPS games.

So are the server issues any better? Haven't played this the past week as I grew tired of getting disconnected every 30 minutes. PS4.

Casual mode is still fast. Ranked is very slow after the patch.

And lol, servers down again.

Edit: up again, let's see how long.

Edit2: Down. Thanks, Ubi.

Nekrono

Game is fantastic, I remember seeing it when it was unveiled and didn't think much about it but after the betas I knew I was addicted. Now that the first patch has landed I see it just becoming better and better, I just hope more people pick it up and it becomes competitive just like other online games.

Sleeping hit of the year for me, who would have known that a Ubisoft game would become the most fun game I have played in a really long time.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Just to remind ps4 users, you can join the community to group up with people and play!

The easiest way to join the community is to send me a friend invite and ask but you can also try this process detailed below to find the community yourself. It does not require direct invites so hopefully you can find it.
http://imgur.com/a/0Bxdq

You can also search for my profile on ps4 then look ay my joined communities and join that way!
PS4 Peeps! Join us!

The community keeps growing with cool people to play with! I feel like everyday im playing with new gaffers!

soultron

Banned
This game is pretty fun. I played a few hours yesterday and I want to get back to it now, so that's a good sign. After countless hours of CS I'm kind of naturally opposed to the way guns work in this game, with people spraying and praying to victory, but it's a good game overall.
You me and udiie need to play together.

KodaRuss

I just bought the game so I can finally return the rental I got. I hope the community sticks around for a while. I am having so much damn fun right now.

I wish I could get some of my friends to buy the game. I might try to hook up with some gaffers soon. I am in the community but I havent really played with anyone yet.

Also, I have not played any ranked games yet and I sat for a while trying to find one. Are the ranked games harder to get into?

KodaRuss

For sure. I love CS but haven't played in a bit because that was getting 2srs4me. There were some moments yesterday where this game had me laughing like an idiot.

You said "rental" so I'm assuming console... If you're on PC I'll be playing tonight

Yes, PS4. Sorry.

One of the first FPS's I ever played online was Rogue Spear on PC. This is definitely bringing back some of those memories.

Invis

Would love to play with some of you guys. Just got this game on PC, so add me on UPlay at xInvisible. I'm level 9 so I'm still really new to everything.

Would love to play with some of you guys. Just got this game on PC, so add me on UPlay at xInvisible. I'm level 9 so I'm still really new to everything.

added you, on PC as well.

I've been playing it on both PC and PS4, and aside from the menus being comparatively sluggish on PS4, it runs quite well there.

The only other issue on PS4 is that sometimes it takes shuffling through a few of my friends and myself as squad leader to successfully find games where we all join as a group.

When it works, it's fantastic. I'd still recommend PC over PS4 if you have a rig and it's one with decent specs.

Yeah I have it for PC, just a few of my RL friends play on PC and some on PS4. Thanks for the info.

MJLord

Flash bangs need a serious buff.

I've had so many occasions where its gone off within a meter or so of someone and not blinded them.

Mentok

Banned

I've had so many occasions where its gone off within a meter or so of someone and not blinded them.

It's not just flashbangs, I think they nerfed the radius of frags as well. I chucked one near a defender and he lived through it and then shot me (really impossible when I saw the killcam and saw my nade land right next to him).

I agree. There intent is to help you clear a room, and you can't do that in this game. I understand if they're behind cover (they should still affect hearing), but they're so unreliable that I've completely stopped using them.

majik13

really digging the game. Have they released any new operators yet? I only have like 4-5 unlocked, but just wondering. Also have they said when they plan to have more maps?

SJRB

Gold Member
Picked up the Art of Siege edition for 60 bucks. Awesome packaging, surprisingly large strategy book, 120 pages.

Anyway, there's something weird about the controls, I'm constantly fiddling with the deadzones and X/Y axis speeds. Servers disconnected twice, so I've never moved past the first two training missions.

really digging the game. Have they released any new operators yet? I only have like 4-5 unlocked, but just wondering. Also have they said when they plan to have more maps?

Planned to be released in January, including 2 new operators (25k renown? each?) and 1 map. Operation Black something. Based on the JTF2 from Canada!

majik13

Planned to be released in January, including 2 new operators (25k renown? each?) and 1 map. Operation Black something. Based on the JTF2 from Canada!

cool thanks, what is JTF2?
Also I noticed that some maps in situations are at different times of day than MP? Or do the MP maps change time of day too, o are they locked to the gamemode?

Christ, the servers have been horseshit the past couple of days on PS4.

I'm sitting here waiting on God knows what attempt in connecting to the server.

Animator

Also I noticed that some maps in situations are at different times of day than MP? Or do the MP maps change time of day too, o are they locked to the gamemode?

Every map has a day/night mode. Really changes the gameplay too since it is way easier to see attackers in nighttime on windows.

From Wikipedia, it's a spec-ops/ counter-terrorist unit that's classified and never commented by the government

Weapons:

Colt Canada C7, C8, C8SFW series of rifles
FN Herstal P90 personal defence weapon
Heckler & Koch MP5A3 submachine guns
SIG Sauer P226 pistols[7]
Benelli M3 semi-automatic shotguns

majik13

Every map has a day/night mode. Really changes the gameplay too since it is way easier to see attackers in nighttime on windows.

OK, but I was kinda getting at, that I have not seen the different times of day within a single mode. Like a couple maps I have only seen at night in the SP situations mode, and at day in regular MP. So are the different times locked to specific modes? I played for like 5-6 hours last night, and was getting the same times of day with every map it seemed.

From Wikipedia, it's a spec-ops/ counter-terrorist unit that's classified and never commented by the government

Weapons:

Colt Canada C7, C8, C8SFW series of rifles
FN Herstal P90 personal defence weapon
Heckler & Koch MP5A3 submachine guns
SIG Sauer P226 pistols[7]
Benelli M3 semi-automatic shotguns

ah, thanks, the way the original comment was worded it sounded like JTF2 was a website or group from Canada, that the DLC info was coming from.

Mentok

Banned

JTF2 stands for Joint Task Force 2. It's Canada's elite spec ops unit for anti-terrorism. The government denied their existance for the longest time until 2012 when our Prime Minister used them in a demonstration to show their efficiency to reporters (yeah he was a genius). They've worked alongside British SAS and US Tier 1 in joint ops as well.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Has performance dropped for anyone else since the last patch in certain instances? Previously I got 60fps at all times but now it'll just tank in specific cases but I can't figure out what the cause is. It's sporadic enough to not be ruinous and also sporadic enough that I can't figure out what's causing it. It's annoying though.

More so that that, the operator with the shield flashbangs needs to be fixed, too. The shield flash has zero effect on players if they are in a different room to you and by that I mean that if you're standing right in front of them but just so happen to be on the other side of the wide open door frame (or a blown apart wall) the flash won't blind them because you're technically not in the same room as them. It's beyond stupid and needs to be fixed asap.

Top Bottom